The Rumour Commode XVI: The Association of the Small Commoders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Spalleti = new coach syndrome

look at when Leonardo went to Inter, then when strama-whatever the fuck his name was did the same, team had an up turn in form

curiously we had 4 coaches in the last two years but never had the new coach syndrome :cry:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
we cant keep sacking and hiring promising managers ffs

EL is a good start for us

Give him a chance ffs

since the departure of allegri, mihajlovic is the only promising coach we've had.

compared to beepo and slowdorf, miha is miles better.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
since the departure of allegri, mihajlovic is the only promising coach we've had.

compared to beepo and slowdorf, miha is miles better.

pippo is the only one who got a chance

seedorf got sacked too quickly

while miha got a chance and 100mil

seedorfs coaching work is not terrible

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Dorf was far from perfect but did show some promising ideas for the clubs future he was sacked way too early, his early sacking "might" have been promted by suggesting 1/3 of the squad had to go because they were not good enough. Dorf really should have started with a different team and worked his way up to coaching Milan.

Pippo clearly was not ready and should have stayed a youth coach until he was ready to go up a level. When that moment arrived he should have started with a different club until he was ready to step up to a club like Milan.

Miha has been decent not brilliant I never thought third was plausible EL was far more realistic but try telling that to Berlu and Galliani! If Miha goes it is the same old cycle all over again. EL would be a good foundation to build from which is why Miha should be given more time to build.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Seedorf was weird, some of his game were worse than Pippos Milan, but his best games were some of the best we've played in years

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Any coach that throws their team under the bus to avoid taking responsibility for a loss has no respect from me.

Seedorf was a coward who had a big mouth and his football was nothing special.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Seedorf was weird, some of his game were worse than Pippos Milan, but his best games were some of the best we've played in years

Agreed like pippo he was naive but what else anyone expect from a novice coach they were crazy to start at Milan a club whom expect results. I liked some of Dorfs coaching concepts it would have led to greater development of players and I agreed with his suggestion a good percentage of the squad were surplus to requirements and needed to go.

Right now we need to develope some stability, changing coach every season will not help that a little patience and commitment to building a team with sensible investment is the way to go. Which is why signing Balotelli is a really bad idea! However Berlu and Galliani have a problem with common sense.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Miha is by FAR the best coach we've had since Allegri

Seedorf :lol:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Seedorf wanted to change the bigger picture.. All the while he was doing fine point-wise. Which is what we need the most, unfortunately he got no backing.

If we were to believe the media, Mihajlovic is walking away from the situation, which is understandable but not more commendable than Pippo's approach to dealing with B&G, imo.

C4C really wanted the best for us.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Spalleti = new coach syndrome

look at when Leonardo went to Inter, then when strama-whatever the fuck his name was did the same, team had an up turn in form

New coach effect is probably one of the factors, but his first game was awful(1-1 at home to Verona) and they lost the second one(away to Juve, but still).
I'd say they were revitalized by the new signings, Perotti & SES, who debuted in Spalletti's third game(and first 3 points). Perotti & SES are no world beaters on their own, but they are exactly what the lethargic bunch at Roma needed. Salah & Gervinho ran their asses off with the ball, but not so much off-ball. SES-Perotti-Salah on the other hand is nightmarish for most defenses. There's just far too much pace, smart off-ball movement, runs and pressure to handle.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
curiously we had 4 coaches in the last two years but never had the new coach syndrome :cry:

Seedorf....why does everyone not acknowledge the fact that we won games when we had Seedorf in charge?!?!?!

and first 9 matches with Inzaghi we only lost to Juve. we weren't in panic mode till Palermo made us look like shit

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty, yeah bilic is a good coach but let's be real here. The top coaches in the top clubs aren't doing well at all, he's success is more or less a product of a declining lead (whether short term or long term).

He flopped so hard in Europe and westhams form has a direct correlation with how fit payet is. It's so early to just blatantly say, yeah bilic> sinister.

Wait till the end of the season. You can't knee jerk everytime something goes our way or shit goes wrong especially with the state of the squad

flopped so hard in europe when croatia didn't qualify? or when they lost to turkey in penalties? because in both cases you're wrong

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Seedorf won games with Milan but it was mostly moments of brilliance. We did look very good in a few games, though.

With Pippo we were extremely good until the Madrid game, after that we struggled and never looked good.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still his tactic depended only on Balotelli.

His tactics made De Jong look like a beast. And made Taarabt look like a monster, and we actually beat the shitty teams for a change.

Seedorf is the only coach we had out of those 4 that actually had tactics that with the right players, we would overpower all of the mid table teams.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
De Jong was alright.

Taarabt was very good under him, but I think he would've been very good under any coach.

He was here trying to get a move to a big team. Put him under Allegri, Pippo, Seedorf or Miha and he'd do very well.

He was tracking back, defending in our box, running through teams, keeping the unnecessary skills to a minimum. He was our best player in the 2nd half of the season.

I would give Seedorf another chance if Miha were to get fired. I wouldn't give Pippo. I'd be ambivalent about Leo.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Surely donadoni is the next guy to coach Milan.

Also, donadoni has exceeded in different clubs and atmospheres, which most up and coming managers have not. He can survive outside of his familiarity. And his teams playing styles are attractive and controlling, which fits with a bigger club a lot better than managers who rely on defensive structure and counter attacks.

I'm not against Donadoni taking over once Miha decides to call it a day. More than welcome.

Bilic barely knew the BPL and he's absolutely fucking it to shreds now.

fa4653f3abab40cf82499e4b8a774bd6.jpg

i

k

Seedorf....why does everyone not acknowledge the fact that we won games when we had Seedorf in charge?!?!?!

It still hurts i guess :lol:

allegri+mad.jpg

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
De Jong was alright.

Taarabt was very good under him, but I think he would've been very good under any coach.

He was here trying to get a move to a big team. Put him under Allegri, Pippo, Seedorf or Miha and he'd do very well.

He was tracking back, defending in our box, running through teams, keeping the unnecessary skills to a minimum. He was our best player in the 2nd half of the season.

I would give Seedorf another chance if Miha were to get fired. I wouldn't give Pippo. I'd be ambivalent about Leo.

yes but Seedorf specifically asked for him IIRC, and I don't disagree but he played under seedorf and thrived. And same here about the bolded part

Seedorf was put under pressure for no reason at all. We were all in agreement of "this is a failed season, let him test things out to see what works" then out of nowhere it was, Europa or fired.

After that half season that he had with the team, no other team in the planet would fire him. We made him retire as a player to come coach the team, and then set him up for failure.

The team didn't like him, well good because he probably told them they are too shit for Milan which they were and are.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
De Jong was alright.

Nah. I like your points recently but i think youre forgetting everyone here bitching about Taarabt the same way theyre bitching about Menez. He was borderline over confident :lol: constantly taking on his man and when he lost the ball he would jog back. He wasnt the workhourse you make him out to be. But he was less selfish and more creative than Menez (despite Menez being significantly more talented and just better overall) which helped the team. He carved open spaces and was a nightmare to defenders. He would be excellent if we had a faster team (same with Menez).

I think dorf is so underrated here. He had a clear plan and vision like some here have stated, he started to implement them until the Monty coup. Half the squad was shit, thats a fact.

His mistake was thinking his vision wouldnt run into the wall that is Berlu and his stingy self. He was naive in club politics and it cost him dearly.

Would not want him to come back until he gets proper experience. I was against his sacking, dont get me wrong, but the club is moving forward and it should stay on that course. No matter how small that progress actually is

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
seedorf :lol: :lol:

"monty coup"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seedorf won 11 our of 19 games he was in charge in the league. Allegri won 5 out of 19...

We were 10 points behind Inter and Europa spot, ended season 3 points behind

Valter Birsa was on the team....

This summer, Milan handed Riccardo Montolivo the captain's armband after the departure of Massimo Ambrosini. He repaid them by having one of his worst professional seasons.
Last year, Montolivo started his time at Milan in a horrendous slump, but his form rose as the team's did, and by the time Milan completed their epic run to third place he was consistently one of the best players on the field.

This year he saw no such rebirth. In his two seasons at the San Siro, he has been next to useless for three quarters of that time.

^and this was the Montolivo he had on the team, not the one we see this season

Fucking selective memory....

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
So whos our next coach and who do you want it to be?

Sarri?
Di Dranseco?
Donadoni?
Emery?
Conte? (Eww)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
would any of you guys be interested in a short story written by me about monty's coup?

i'm envisioning a 2004 equatorial guinea--simon mann kind of vibe...set in milanello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule