The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if reus was healthy he would be the best lw we could possibly get

unfortunately he is not

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
The meltdown was started in 2011, when we overpay everybody. Yet the league (Serie A) was on a bearish in terms of business-brand.
But still, who would have thought that Berlusconi went into a bust so quickly? We were spending much in 2010. The best transfer window in 2000's era for me

And our aging side is making fun of United in CL.
How come that we're not the best?

2005 we were the best in the world.

2007 we won against all odds....

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The meltdown was started in 2011, when we overpay everybody. Yet the league (Serie A) was on a bearish in terms of business-brand.
But still, who would have thought that Berlusconi went into a bust so quickly? We were spending much in 2010. The best transfer window in 2000's era for me

And our aging side is making fun of United in CL.
How come that we're not the best?

such a naive approach

the downfall started after the 2005 final
we started losing in terms of revenue, and we needed badly a new stadium(+aging squad)

instead we didnt build a stadium, tv rights decreased(from individual to collective) and we sold sheva without replacing him and didnt replace any of the senatores....

i dont even want to mention the marketing department.....which was the biggest fail

the rest is history

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
If you have watched milan for long and still find the time to talk smack about Silvio then you’re a glory hunter at best. Not even a football fan because football fans stand by their teams in good and bad. But Milan internet fans still criticize the most successful management and president in the history of football.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
no my friend you are deluded
you congo and co care more about berlu and less about the club

i care about milan.

:b: was praised for his fenomenal success . so he must be criticized for his mega failures too. you and others deny to even see it and say dont touch him and other shit like that, which is really funny if you consider that you are not paid to defend him....

so go on live your delusion , but dont say you are a milan fan. say you are a :b: fan, and cause of that you are a milan fan too...

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Only an absolute beta virgin would've sold just after winning the CL. Hindsight is 20/20, come on guys. This is hardly the thing to bitch about.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Only an absolute beta virgin would've sold just after winning the CL. Hindsight is 20/20, come on guys. This is hardly the thing to bitch about.

They don’t know what is a beta-Virgin:D

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ofc we do

marmar_by_finalverdict-d6aqasf.gif

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
We had the best starting team in 07, but not a complete squad. We had Kaladze, Gila and Brocchi on the bench.. An old Cafu as well.... that Milan couldn’t have competed in any of the top leagues because we lacked a lot for a long season.... but over an era, yes, we were the best team in Europe no doubt... 03-07 Milan was better than anyone at the time.. better than that Juve, Dinho’s Barcelona and Mou’s Chelsea... we literally had a squad full of legendary players...

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

“I dedicate one goal to my family and the other to Andrea Conti, who said before kick-off that I’d score a brace. I hope he returns to the field soon.”

Can’t wait to have Conti back

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Gattuso: “It is a lying result, we are an athletically and mentally improved team, Cutrone resembles Inzaghi”

Gennaro Gattuso was pleased with the win over SPAL, although in his eyes the 4-0 result doesn’t reflect how difficult the match was, and said that while Patrick Cutrone reminds of old legends, he still has room for improvement.

Milan are now unbeaten in their last 8 games in all competitions after defeating relegation-zone’s SPAL 4-0 at Stadio Paolo Mazza on Saturday afternoon.

Despite what the score-line may imply, it was not one of Milan’s best performances this season in terms of the quality of the play, but instead they were perhaps the most lethal they’ve been all season.

It took Patrick Cutrone 1 minute and 41 seconds to find the back of the net (Milan’s fastest Serie A goal since 6th October 2013 when Muntari scored against Juve).

SPAL did not recoil, however, and came close to equalizing the result. Milan held on, and then the 20-year-old Cutrone doubled the Diavolo lead in the 65′ minute. From then on it was a lot easier for the Rossoneri as Lucas Biglia (73′) and Fabio Borini (90′) scored goals of their own to make it 4-0. The only negative from the performance is that Franck Kessié was booked and will therefore miss next week’s match against Sampdoria at Stadio San Siro (Sunday, 20:45 CET / Italy time kickoff).

“We put in a good performance today,” Gattuso told Sky Italia. “The 4-0 result wasn’t unfair as such but didn’t reflect how much we suffered when only 1-0 up. The important thing is to persevere and not think all our problems have been resolved. I reminded the team of where we were two months ago, how many issues we had and pointed out this is the start, not the finish line.

“For 15-20 minutes after taking the lead, Manuel Lazzari was torturing us, and Hakan Çalhanoğlu was almost man-marking him. Lazzari caused us huge problems, a more mature team can avoid putting a player on someone [the 24-year-old midfielder has been at SPAL since 2013].

“My tactics? I want to see three or four men in the box whenever we put in a cross. When I arrived here, the team only worked through the right chain, I want Ricardo Rodriguez to give more width to the team. I want to see the chain reaction down the right and left flanks. We’re doing very well, we suffer a lot less and we’ve improved a lot, but there’s a long way to go.

“Cutrone? He has to grow, for his age he can also improve and play tidier, sometimes he loses the ball cheaply. We want to play with our striker and he needs to improve on this, because he already has the rest. I tell him to learn how to hold the ball up, control and wait a little.

“Cutrone must play tidier and give breathing time for the team. The Cutrone-Inzaghi comparison [Patrick’s two goals against SPAL were almost classic Inzaghi goals]? The ability to read where the ball is going to end up is something in his DNA, but the rest can improve with experience.

“His name is Patrick Cutrone, not SuperPippo Cutrone. They have similarities but are not the same player. He has humility and when he doesn’t play as a protagonist, you can tell his face is grumpy, but that’s normal for his age. Cutrone will be a big player in Serie A for many years to come.

“Biglia? He moves well and tactically he is fundamental. I want the team to always have the ball covered, Biglia allows us to be aggressive and look forward. I don’t like when my midfielders follow the insertions of the opponents, and Lucas is very good at this. It’s also his merit, he’s worked, and he wants to work every day, he reminds me of myself… he doesn’t listen, sometimes it’s better to rest.”

Speaking to Mediaset at the end of the encounter, coach Rino said: “After the 1-0 we suffered, then we went back to working better. We knew that we had to suffer and there could be problems with the speed of Lazzari. It was not an easy game, in the first half we suffered quite a bit.

“We are happy with the rest, but we have to look ahead. Right now, it’s not as if all our problems are gone, we must work. After 20 minutes we sacrificed Hakan to put him on Lazzari, with a more organized team you can do better and suffer less, and today we put a winger in the defensive phase.

“We know that we have to improve and see where will get. My idea of football? When the fashion of the players without experience on the bench [as coaches] started, everyone said that it was not enough to be good players but instead you needed experience.

“I’m happy with what I’ve done but many forget that two years ago I won a Scudetto with Pisa, last year I made 40 points in Serie B without having a President for 7 months, at Crete I did 25 points with no President for five months. With my skills as a fighter I had won a lot, but now I do another job.

“This is that fifth year that I’ve been coaching and if someone wants to say opposite things then I can’t say anything. The road is long for me, I have to improve a lot, but I do this job that I like. I can hardly listen to those close to me, let alone if I start listening to what everyone says…

“I’m finally able to only focus on football? My only merits are that I propose something and have a team that follows what I propose. I’m lucky to have guys who believe in everything we bring forward. The credit is of them, if there were players with a different attitude, we wouldn’t get these results.

“Cutrone? He is a young player who has the ‘venom’ and the desire to play a train. He needs to improve after committing mistakes of naivety and he must learn to play with the team and enable it to rise up. He was born with the venom in the last 16 meters and he will die with it.

“He resembles Inzaghi or Massaro, he lives for the goal but it’s not true when people say he plays with instinct and little quality. He must work and has large margins for improvements.”

In his interview with MilanTV, the 40-year-old said: “The score does not tell the whole story. After the 1-0 we went into trouble and the post hit by Viviani could have gone in and changed the match completely. Lazzari always put us in difficulty and Çalhanoğlu did well to contain him.

“It’s a lying result but we are happy for the 4-0 win and look to the Europa League. The psychological growth of the team? We still need to improve our tactical work and enhance our defensive coverage. In possession we are doing well and the two chains of the field work well. Then there’s the opponent and we must know how to suffer without panic. Today we saw it while against Udinese we suffered more in 10 men. Today we were brighter, and we need to continue this way.

“Çalhanoğlu as a mezz’ala [side-midfielder, to replace Kessié]? It could be a solution but let’s see… first we have to think about Thursday and then Sampdoria. Ludogorets have been in Europe for years and all the big ones struggled against them, Liverpool and Real Madrid included.

“Cutrone’s goals like Inzaghi’s [he is Milan’s top scorer this season]? It’s an innate feature of his, part of his DNA. He just needs to keep growing and he can become really strong.”

Gattuso also held a post-match press conference: “It was a match with a lying result, I put Çalhanoğlu to be man-on-man with Lazzari in the first half because we were a bit in trouble. We did well with our crossing, but it was very difficult. I know Leonardo Semplici very well, I’ve always had difficult matches against him. I’m pleased with the performance because today it wasn’t granted to win.

“Cutrone as a starter? The work done during the week dictates it. During the week, the wins are prepared, and it is what counts. He’s scored 12 goals and for his age he has the gift to be found at the right place. I expect that he will improve in supporting the team and play with more tranquility.

“The team’s changed attitude? It’s an athletically and mentally improved team. I think this was a team that was 80% just the right side and today we are a team that can play well on both chains. This team has changed the way it occupies spaces and knows how to play through both the right and left flanks.

“Biglia and Bonucci? When the results arrive, I think it’s easier to play the ball, without results the ball weights 120 kg. The results make the work better during the week. Biglia gives us tactical work, but also covers the field well. Biglia never had Pirlo’s characteristics, he is a player who gives balance.

“Sampdoria? One of Montolivo, Locatelli and Çalhanoğlu will be used as a side-midfielder due to Kessié’s absence, but we first think about Thursday’s match [against Ludogorets]. They are not a great name but have been playing in Europe in the last 4-5 years, so you have to prepare well. Their players have more European experience than ours, it’ll be a very dangerous game.

“Fourth place? The standings shouldn’t be our belief and our strength, we must think game by game. Without desire and a sense of belonging the results that have come lately wouldn’t have arrived. If the worst is behind us? I’d hope so, but I know that we will be playing every three days for so many games and we will have to suffer and not forget where we came from and what we’ve gone through.”

With Atalanta dropping points against Crotone today, Milan are back in 7th place. Should Samp fail to beat Hellas tomorrow then next week’s match will be for 6th place. But first, Ludogorets.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
AuYA5YL.png

how much did cutrone cost???

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Gattuso's press conferences are always great.

Never says a single thing out of place or undeserved.

10/10 press management so far.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I've come to my belief for the summer.

Keep Gattuso unless he falters towards the end AND a top coach is readily available.

No more trying to unearth diamonds.

Gattuso has done the best for the team's mentality of everyone since Allegri and that is the most important thing.

Might he get tactically schooled by someone else? Sure, but then he tactically schooled Simone Inzaghi the other week... an heir apparent if some are to be believed. He's still young in the scheme of things.

We're unbeaten in 8. When was the last time that happened? (seriously, it might have happened under Montella)

I have seen only positive things tbh.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
He comes of as suprisingly intelligent.

I suppose it's easy to initially think otherwise given his characteristics as a player and how they're generally not associated with creativity/intelligence, but tbf he's the one who had to adapt his playstyle to his limited physical tools and make it work.

So far* he seems to have the perfect balance between motivation and ideas to bring the team forward. For example Montella was supposed to be this tactical artist but it was nowhere to be seen in practice.

* I like how realistic and modest he is to the task though...as if he's under trial in his own mind as well.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Gattuso must stay, and Milan should look for his #2. An manager coach who is not looking to lead a ship. This will benefit everyone especially gattuso. Gattuso exceeded expectations and it’s only fair to be given a chance.

He’s only on 200k/year and he’s only working out of love to the colors of the team.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
One thing I will never stop laughing at is how Montella > Allegri because Montella's thesis at Coverciano included diagrams while Allegri's was shorter.

mj-laughing.gif

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Lazio are in crisis. 3 games 0 points

I feel it’s an open fight between Milan, lazio, Roma and inter for 3rd and 4th

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I’m afraid it’s a lil too late for us.... we need a winning streak and any slip hurts... we’re doing really well but the season didn’t just start. We’ve fucked up too much

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
If these chinese wannabe billionaires wanna prove anything to us milanistas then they have to go all in for SMS..
He really bossed that napoli midfield.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Gattuso's performance is far from what i've expected.
Who would've thought that a coach who was never succeeding could elevate the Mentally damaged Milan into a certain level. Gattuso has yet to give Milan Identify ity but he definitely gives the bond & peace that we need to grow.

But

I want the explosive Gattuso.
He's been too calm as a coach.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I’m afraid it’s a lil too late for us.... we need a winning streak and any slip hurts... we’re doing really well but the season didn’t just start. We’ve fucked up too much

I also don't believe a second we can reach top 4. It's too late, too many points behind and one hell of a calendar next few weeks.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

Ok

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
CL is probably too late and not something we should focus on anyway.

If missing it means we lose Silva and Donna at worst it's not the end of the world.

Right now the most important thing is to step by step keep on building a winning mentality and mental stability and get rid of the fragility that has set so many layers throughout the years, masking what playing for Milan really means.

And amen Qaas. SMS has a mentality second to none which I believe will make sure his already scary output wont stagnate...his ceiling is as high as any (for his type)

His price will be a Serie A record though

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Milan will play Inter and Roma, this is direct clash. Each game is worth 6 points

Look at their forms.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
If these chinese wannabe billionaires wanna prove anything to us milanistas then they have to go all in for SMS..
He really bossed that napoli midfield.

Few clubs can afford SMS right now. Even if we have money, we still can’t compete with the likes of Madrid and psg if they want him signed.

If he wants to stay in Italy then we have a chance even if juventus wants him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule