The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
UEFA literally said the only worry was the Refinancing, in THEIR OWN LETTER.

So, we refinance before the jury, as was outlined in the CDA, we meet w UEFA, and it's buried.

Relax.

Why haven't we financed yet?

It's the lack of money coming through which is the problem here, not the management. What the fuck are they supposed to do when the Li never pays up?

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Lets wait for Fassone to make a statement. I'm sure he was expecting this moment to arrive.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Need no better proof than this to show how FFP was designed to continue the domination of wealthy clubs

milan wouldn't be in this situation if they had real owners, doesn't matter if they're PSG level wealthy or not.

the owners are frauds.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Sold to any old billionaire guarantees nothing. If it makes money, it makes sense. Even at 300m - there wont be a long queue.

With this I agree. There is way too much optimism regarding this supposed long list of buyers. I don't know. I don't think there will be.

Refinancing our debt was absolutely critical, and we were supposed to do that by spring. Fassone said that over and over again. But all offers to refinance have been rejected by Li because they don't offer him favourable conditions. Add to the fact that no one still knows who Li is, or whether we have any one with clout behind the scenes (doubtful), and you can completely understand UEFA's decision.

Let's see how things develop, but this is undoubtedly a big blow.

moohtra

Banned
Reaction score
The feelings coming out of Casa Milan are of 'surprise and disappointment' in regards to UEFA's decision, according to Sky Sport Italia.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Smartest thing Fassone could possibly do right now is fire Miserabelli and then immediately resign

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
mercato season starting off with the hot drama :balo:

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With this I agree. There is way too much optimism regarding this supposed long list of buyers. I don't know. I don't think there will be.

Refinancing our debt was absolutely critical, and we were supposed to do that by spring. Fassone said that over and over again. But all offers to refinance have been rejected by Li because they don't offer him favourable conditions. Add to the fact that no one still knows who Li is, or whether we have any one with clout behind the scenes (doubtful), and you can completely understand UEFA's decision.

Not doubting you, but where you get this info of the refinancing not favouring Li.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
416x416.jpg

at least our new presidente doesn't wear a naruto t shirt under his diesel blazer.

Lolllllll

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

It would be a huge blow if they ban us from making transfers. That would create a domino effect that could take years to recover from.

Look at the hugely inflated price the club was supposedly sold for and then look at the guy that we're all led to believe owns AC Milan. UEFA want to analyze the books in depth. The mystery behind Li needs to be uncovered.

Let's hope for the best outcome :thumbsup:

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Lets wait for Fassone to make a statement. I'm sure he was expecting this moment to arrive.

Something along the lines of, we receive UEFA's decision with profound regret and surprise. [something about the healthy state of Milan's accounts]. [something about how the decision didn't only depend on this past year]. We will work together to refinance as soon as possible, and move our project ahead, a project that is important (which, btw, sounds just as clunky in Italian) and for the best of Milan, one of the most important clubs in the world.

Platitudes. And vague promises.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
fassone is going to try and paint milan as the victim, and a lot of milan fans are going to believe his shit.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It seems that the biggest problem--when looking around the context of the decision--is that UEFA doesn't know who Li really is.

I think they let PSG and City pass because they know who owns the clubs. Li is shrouded in mystery.

He really must be shady, otherwise, why not just disclose where he has his money from?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
fassone is going to try and paint milan as the victim, and a lot of milan fans are going to believe his shit.

Why are you absolutely convinced that they are frauds when we were able to spend 220 million last year?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Let's not forget that Fassone and Mirabelli are just employees though. Blame the owners who are basically just as shady as the most pessimistic naysayers expected them to be.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Is there anything that hasn't been done yet to destroy any shred of remaining class this club still has left?

moohtra

Banned
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Fassone and Mirabelli are just employees though. Blame the owners who are basically just as shady as the most pessimistic naysayers expected them to be.

You do realize the way they presented themselves and the expectations they gave to the fans are their own but no the shady owners.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Something along the lines of, we receive UEFA's decision with profound regret and surprise. [something about the healthy state of Milan's accounts]. [something about how the decision didn't only depend on this past year]. We will work together to refinance as soon as possible, and move our project ahead, a project that is important (which, btw, sounds just as clunky in Italian) and for the best of Milan, one of the most important clubs in the world.

This is really the worst period during my 'following' years of Milan. Do you think there's light at the end of the tunnel?

It's not really hard to imagine a Parma or Napoli like plummet down the divisions before some rich Italian guy picks us up again.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
This is really the worst period during my 'following' years of Milan. Do you think there's light at the end of the tunnel?

It's not really hard to imagine a Parma or Napoli like plummet down the divisions before some rich Italian guy picks us up again.

we will always be fine aslong barca and bayern dont win cl

7 cl titles is very large amount
#2 club in the world..period

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

And Berlusconi for selling to them.

A year into this ownership and we still know jack shit about who owns the clubs. On top of that we have those very unsettling articles about abandoned offices and smokescreens.

Great vetting by Silvio.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

Sounds very likely. Do we know who appointed Fassone? was it the fund.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

UEFA rejected the voluntary agreement seemingly because Li was a big unknown and the debt (its nature, its amount) was not negligible.

And until now, we are none the wiser. There is no conspiracy, really.

But on a slightly more positive note, I will say that the last time there was a threat of this nature (exclusion from competition) was right after calciopoli. Then, we won the CL. So, I mean we could win the EL... :(

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Too big to fail.

And don't even say shit like that. Parma and Napoli were provincial clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule