Who will be our #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes bringing in an entire new staff w 3 weeks left in the summer isnt a trainwreck in of itself.

What's the difference if a new management teams comes in now? It's not like this current group has done anything significant at this point in terms of transfers. Chelsea just officially hired their coach a few days and I'm sure he'll want his type of players. There's still plenty of transfer moves that'll be made even with a shorter window. Hell, most stuff gets done in the last week anyways.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes bringing in an entire new staff w 3 weeks left in the summer isnt a trainwreck in of itself.

mira and gattuso have been working with each other for the longest time on new names and strategies, they aren't going to scrap that now.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

there's two paths I see

either Elliot has been planning this for a while and has a management in place to hit the ground running

or they will take their time this summer and not do anything hasty, plan for the future

I don't see them maintaining status quo and funding the people responsible for this trainwreck with 50m+

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Just keep Grintuso. I'm not over the moon about him but fuck Conte.

At the end of the day, Gattuso is one of our own. He's done an admirable job and DESERVES to stay on. Is Conte a better coach right now? Probably. But we have to start having principles again. We can't keep treating our legends like this.

I don't give a shit about Fassone OR Mirabelli. Whatever happens is neither here nor there to me. Everyone is piling on Mira now, but the person to straighten him out should have been Fassone.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Conte completely destroyed a star studded Chelsea while Gattuso managed to resurrect a benchless Milan to play Europe. Even a Vulture fund wouldn't be stupid enough to replace Rino at this point. He's the perfect guy to build a team base, then you can Rijkaard him and bring a winner to coach us.

If Bonucci leaves and I hope he doesn't. What about Vida from Croatia? Looked solid all tournament and he's is currently at Besiktas. So should be able to tempt him to Milan.

:thumbsup:

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Cashing in on Dollar and Andre Silva would be the smartest thing to do since we already have their replacements in the team. If we sell Suso and Bonucci then we'll be in the market for a right winger and a CB.

We should try to keep the team base unless we're offered a tempting swap offer for one of our key players.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
'ICC organisers have already been forced to downgrade United's game against Milan from the 90,000-capacity Pasadena Rose Bowl to the 27,000 StubHub Center in Carson City'

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
5ce7d49fd434af41bb13e58cdcd61ed4.jpg

NO

04dd777018d9d9b1ad0aa8b4c008a900.jpg

HELL NO!

54fcbabaa6902161435fd333f3ffd6de.jpg

No Chance in Hell. Why will he come to Milan?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conte completely destroyed a star studded Chelsea while Gattuso managed to resurrect a benchless Milan to play Europe. Even a Vulture fund wouldn't be stupid enough to replace Rino at this point. He's the perfect guy to build a team base, then you can Rijkaard him and bring a winner to coach us.

:thumbsup:

Gattuso resurrected Milan? 6th place is a resurrection these days? Conte won a premier league title and FA Cup but destroyed them?

incredulous.gif

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at them, all their star players are pushing for a transfer.

and thats his fault how? and where did chelsea finish before he joined them?

hazard wants to leave regardless of coach, he feels his time in chelsea is done.

imo the only thing conte messed up with chelsea was falling out with costa, and costa shares some blame in that too.

going from diego costa to a fraud pos like morata will ruin any team.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

hazard wants to leave regardless of coach, he feels his time in chelsea is done.

imo the only thing conte messed up with chelsea was falling out with costa, and costa shares some blame in that too.

:star:

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

Lmao

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Simeone will clearly appreciate the work ethic of Kalinic, like he did with Cerci..

If his move to Atletico is basically completed like the rumors say then I could see why he would half ass it through training with Milan. If he gurts hurt maybe the deal goes away and that hurts everyone ha.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Gattuso resurrected Milan? 6th place is a resurrection these days? Conte won a premier league title and FA Cup but destroyed them?

incredulous.gif

The way we played was strikingly different when Rino took over from Montella. Under Montella we were seriously risking a lower table finish. Conte won trophies during his honeymoon, but like with every other team he's coached, once that is over, he completely destroys his own locker room. Juventus only held on because they were ridiculously overpowered compared to the rest of the league, but they were smart to off him for Allegri.

What's worse than Morata is bringing in Giroud. Hazard was seriously unsettled, regardless if he was leaving or not. Conte is a good tactician, but he's shit at controlling his players, which is 70% of the coach's job I believe. That would be terrible for us. Believe it or not our shirt is even heavier than Juve and Chelsea. Especially now when we've been utterly shit for the last 7 years. We'd self-destruct like Italy under him.

This is my opinion anyway, feel free to disagree.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is there really any serious debate about Conte destroying Chelsea's locker room?

He's a very good manager, no doubt. I don't think he ruined Juve's locker room, so I don't think it is some sort of feature or character trait, but he did not manage Chelsea well. Their implosion was two-folds:

(1) they did not reload or account for European competition and (2) their success last year was predicated on only having to focus on the league.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Kalinic does not want to risk injury before his transfer...let's hope.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Conte's a guy who is very demanding of management. I'm not sure Elliot will roll that way.
When Juve sold some of their stars he got mad and quit.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The way we played was strikingly different when Rino took over from Montella. Under Montella we were seriously risking a lower table finish. Conte won trophies during his honeymoon, but like with every other team he's coached, once that is over, he completely destroys his own locker room. Juventus only held on because they were ridiculously overpowered compared to the rest of the league, but they were smart to off him for Allegri.

What's worse than Morata is bringing in Giroud. Hazard was seriously unsettled, regardless if he was leaving or not. Conte is a good tactician, but he's shit at controlling his players, which is 70% of the coach's job I believe. That would be terrible for us. Believe it or not our shirt is even heavier than Juve and Chelsea. Especially now when we've been utterly shit for the last 7 years. We'd self-destruct like Italy under him.

This is my opinion anyway, feel free to disagree.

Italy self-destructed?

He did far better with Italy than anyone expected. Italy were shit and he made them hugely overperform.

Is there really any serious debate about Conte destroying Chelsea's locker room?

He's a very good manager, no doubt. I don't think he ruined Juve's locker room, so I don't think it is some sort of feature or character trait, but he did not manage Chelsea well. Their implosion was two-folds:

(1) they did not reload or account for European competition and (2) their success last year was predicated on only having to focus on the league.

He did ruin the locker room but let's not pretend Chelsea has ever had the most harmonious of dressing rooms.

There is also a great case that the squad was effectively sold out from under him.

Diego Costa, fine, blame Conte, but otherwise they did not do nearly enough. They bought fodder Morata who Conte gave the Dinho treatment, Zappacosta and Bakayoko - which one of them was a good signing? Bakayoko probably has an arguable case for one of the worst flops in PL history.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
The way we played was strikingly different when Rino took over from Montella. Under Montella we were seriously risking a lower table finish.

Montella had to mould all those signings together... He needed time.

Very few managers have got so many signings to gel instantly and hit the ground running.

The only one that comes to mind is Capello at Real in 96/97 (Carlos, Suker, Mijatovic, Seedorf, Karembeu, Panucci)

Montella only had 2 and a half months.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@PBPcalcio
I will not say anything new but the names of #Gazidis (Dg) and #Leonardo for the technical area are very hot. It is still unclear whether they will replace or support current management, but these are the names with a clear advantage over others at the moment.

I'm pretty sure Gazidis and Leonardo wouldn't accept being second fiddle or partnered with someone. They would probably replace Fassone and Mirabelli.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@PBPcalcio
I will not say anything new but the names of #Gazidis (Dg) and #Leonardo for the technical area are very hot. It is still unclear whether they will replace or support current management, but these are the names with a clear advantage over others at the moment.

I'm pretty sure Gazidis and Leonardo wouldn't accept being second fiddle or partnered with someone. They would probably replace Fassone and Mirabelli.

Gazidis was huge for their stadium right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule