The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
Osimhen at Napoli reminds me of Leao. But not lazy..

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Osimhen at Napoli reminds me of Leao. But not lazy..

Imo leao is better at beating his man. I don't think he is lazy just nonchalant. Wonder if this is something ibrah has told him. Ibra never really gets involved in the defensive phase and I think I can paraphrase him by saying he said he Disney defend because who is going to score. But leao needs to be more alert to go from resting for the attack to going all out when the attacking opportunity is there.

markony

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yesterday we got 3pts with average game.

Diaz is pure AM imho, he had pretty quiet game on the wing. He's best suited for Hakan deputy.
RW is our biggest concern. As long Samu and Seale starts we're not going to chalenge for top four spot.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Those celebration scenes after Diaz' goal. :proud:

Brilliant. Even if he was invisible for periods, he really impressed me on the goal. The fact he made a run into the box and pressed onto the defender and with his size actually held him off and managed the turn was nice to see.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
It was inevitable that this question would come up but here it comes. What do you guys believe will happen when we get our first loss? I mean, we're riding on very high confidence right now. When our first loss comes, will we be motivated to return and prove ourselves once again, hungrier than ever? Do we have such a mentality? Or do you believe we'll crumble for a few games because of loss of confidence?

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
It was inevitable that this question would come up but here it comes. What do you guys believe will happen when we get our first loss? I mean, we're riding on very high confidence right now. When our first loss comes, will we be motivated to return and prove ourselves once again, hungrier than ever? Do we have such a mentality? Or do you believe we'll crumble for a few games because of loss of confidence?

It's a fair question. With zlatan around I think it will be fine. In fact that is going to be part of the learning curve. And with guys like zlatan and I would say even Maldini around the club they will teach the guys to use it as a motivation to never have that feeling again.

Or we can go unbeaten. Imagine that.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Dude we need the 15 Mil from qualifying for EL group stages. I think Pioli will play the second team for the EL group stages anyways- a club like Milan needs to be in European competition and we have enough depth this year anyways.

Wait...what?!
Since when did they hand out that much for EL?
Is this a COVID handout for only this season?

It used to be just peanuts for fodder teams to be happy about something.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Thinking we're going to lose :proud:

Seriously though, I don't think it'll have a huge impact as maybe in the past i.e. under Gattuso our winless streak when we mentally collapsed. We have a champion in Ibra, Kjaer is a leader too. They can give the team the boost needed, and we've played well for so long a loss at some point is just natural. It'll make the team hungrier to improve on their mistakes as we see Pioli say every week even when we win, that we need to keep improving technically and our mental is strong.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Of course I'm dreading that first loss, but I'm not too worried about that one loss. If we draw next game and look like shit my mind will automatically wander to banter years, and stress will set in.

We are yet to find out how strong we are post mercato, but even now I'm very satisfied with how our entire squad is developing. We have a solid first XI with the exception of Gabbia and Saele, and so many players are waiting for their chance to prove worth.

I think we will make CL this season, but we need a proper vice Kessie. Too much hinges on him now.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
We need one more winger and the sale of Samu

We need more.

Out Duarte (3 mils) Krunic (7 mils) Paqueta (15 mils) and Samu (12 mils).

In Hauge on the cheap, Bakayoko on the cheap, a great RW and a great CB.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah its funny how a RnB joke made it to milan twitter

quite expected/logical, no?

But "condor" in the stands really did it for me :lol: (even if it's easy for people to come to the same idea)

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Napoli have an interesting team. Basically a team of attackers with a great CB pairing.if either of the CBS get injured they will struggle at the he back because their whole team other than the back 4 are attack minded. They may well destroy a few teams as well because they field 6 players who can all score at once.

gucciluc

Nesta
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Maldini, Ronaldo Fenomeno, Thiago Silva, Zidane, Pirlo, S. Cazorla
damn, after reading that article(book) from theathletic about milan, i feel much more at ease with our management. really seems like they know exactly what they're doing

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
Do you remember when most of you thought our budget is 75m EUR plus 50% of the sales?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Do you remember when most of you thought our budget is 75m EUR plus 50% of the sales?

Do you remember when we went unbeaten (so far) 18 in a row and brought in good backup in Tonali, Diaz while renewing Ibra, completing the deals for Kjaer and *Saele? And there was still 10 days til the mercato ended?

I certainly do.

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Do you remember when we went unbeaten (so far) 18 in a row and brought in good backup in Tonali, Diaz while renewing Ibra, completing the deals for Kjaer and Samu? And there was still 10 days til the mercato ended?

I certainly do.
Hes a waste of your time, let him be.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I've always liked Dzeko, but he can never be a Zlatan replacement. Tbh we shouldn't be so crazy about finding an aging star. There can be younger players with some leadership. If we're going for the oldies though, Cavani over Dzeko please. Free agent, no?

Do you have any idea for a tall CF who can replace Ibra?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Di Marzio says Milan and Real will discuss the option for Brahim soon and there should be a buy-back.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Covid is a blessing in disguise. Without fans at the stadium there is no pressure for this young team.That is one of the reasons of this unbeaten run. First 11 don't have to fear no team in Italy. This team has head and tail. Only real concern will be lack of quality depth on the bench after new rule of five subs,we can't compete with Juventus,Inter,Napoli.
Yesterday game showed maturity,without Ibra ,with opponent who defend with 11 players we dominated.Milan of just one year ago would draw or lose the same game.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Massara: "Hauge? Bodo has many interesting talents"

- Jens Petter Hauge has received his first senior call-up to the Norwegian National Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule