The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I stand corrected.

Winter market is from January 4 to February 1.

We should be more than fine till then.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
I don't mind that we didn't get a quality CB, in fact I'm happy about it as we're stacked already. Sure they are not exactly WC but they should at the very least last us till December.

But we desperately needed a vice Kessie and Maldini failed miserably because he had more than enough time to find one.
Tonali - Baka had great potential...

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, the rumors actually said they wouldn’t take less than 30M for Kabak.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
One things for sure.

Pioli will not be to blame if results go awry.

He asked for a CM and a CB and Maldini failed to get him that.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Schalke only wanted like 20 millions for Kabak. That would have been bargain, and I have no idea how they screw that up.

20 million for potentially being behind Romagnoli, Kjaer, and Gabbia isn't sound when we could blow up all our savings on a starter CB during the winter or next summer. Kjaer and Gabbia have been playing really well. Gabbia especially is already looking like a star in the making. He just needs to develop in certain areas which playing time will help with.

I think the job Maldini and co. are doing look seven better when you compare it to the incompetence of the previous figures leading Milan:

1) Late stage Galliani loved to try to fill needs with extremely mediocre players in high wages, he would then spend years trying to offload them.

2) Mirabelli and Leonardo loved to splash cash around on mostly untested/unproven players:

Porto: We have this promising player named Silva for sale.
No one:
Mirabelli: Will you take 40M?!

Flamengo: We haz nxt Kaka
No one:
Leonardo: Will 35M + bonuses satisfy your request!?!

or 23M for FUCKING SAMU

Best thing Paolo did, is he didn't gamble on a single player this year. All low risk, high reward signings. And also we didn't lose a single key player to any of the big teams. Benny, Snake, and Theo staying is better than singing any of the CBs we were linked to.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Schalke only wanted like 20 millions for Kabak. That would have been bargain, and I have no idea how they screw that up.

This is the thing that confuses a lot of fans. We don't know the numbers asked by the clubs or how much we've been willing to pay. That's just pure speculation by the outlets.

darkxuy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
__________ _________Ibra_______ _Rebic___Diaz___Ziyech_ ____Bena___Kessie____ Theo_Tomi__Kjaer__DC

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I stand corrected.

Winter market is from January 4 to February 1.

We should be more than fine till then.

17 games until then (idk about coppa).
We just need to not have more than two key players missing at all times.
And if those two key players are from the same department, it's also gonna be bad.
Like, both Bennacer and Kessie missing. Or Kjaer and Romagnoli.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
This is the thing that confuses a lot of fans. We don't know the numbers asked by the clubs or how much we've been willing to pay. That's just pure speculation by the outlets.

:thumbsup:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Lazio also couldn't qualify from a weak Europa League group where they were the top seed, flopped out of Coppa and finished 4th. And this was with a record amount of penalties and Immobile getting 30+ goals which he likely wont repeat

Counting on the Lazio strategy to finish 4th is extremely risky
Lazio didn't want to go further in europa league & coppa they thought they had a shot to go for the title and everything looked like its going to go their way.

I am not saying we will be like Lazio but its not the end of the world when your squad is thin. My point is it can't be thinner than Lazio of late.

Do not mentioned penalties we already have two in 3 matches.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
so 2020 market ends with...
out Piatek 30 mill - in Zlatan
out Suso 25 mill - in Saelemaeker 8 mill
out Reina/Begovic - in Tatarusano
out Caldara loan - in Kjaer 8 mill
out Rodriguez 5 mill - in Dalot loan
out Bonaventura - in Diaz loan
out Biglia - in Tonali 11 mill loan
out Silva 9 mill- in Rebic 10mill<???
out Paqueta 20 mill - in Hauge 5 mill

Overall reduced our salaries, with Zlatan being the only outlier.
I was hoping the el group stages brought two more players. Hope our depth isn?t tested too much or at least one primavera player steps up.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This CB saga was really weird. Both Massara and Maldini were saying in every interview for weeks that Milan needed a CB. And they made offers for many and gave up on every single one because of 3~5M.

I mean, if you think both that Milan need the player and a 19, 20 years old CB is good and promissing enough for Milan there's no way 3 or 5M on top of 15 should stop you.
This is the proceeding of a very broke ass team. Milan fans have seem this before.

I also didn't get the Laxalt move. He was a decent sub while Dalot is a loanee + unknow quality at this point specially on his weak side. Conti was the one who should have left for this to make sense, not Laxalt.

And also giving up on Baka was unfortunate. He was indeed cheap and ended up reinforcing our direct rival for the CL place. It's the sort of move that can come to bite Milan back both because we're really short in depth and he can be very important for Napoli.
Pioli asked for 2 CMs since last season and they should have given it to him. Now he's forced to make Krunic work somehow.

Still, one or two depth positions is a lateral issue. Overall the management did decent. All transfers came for decent prices, are young, good business and will be useful. And I would have no complaints if this was a normal season... But in the covid season we are taking risks.
The situation with covid seems to get worse and now there's even a judicial layer to it. It feels like a black cloud approaching...

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
17 games until then (idk about coppa).
We just need to not have more than two key players missing at all times.
And if those two key players are from the same department, it's also gonna be bad.
Like, both Bennacer and Kessie missing. Or Kjaer and Romagnoli.

I trust Pioli with rotations. He's shown he knows how to keep players fresh and with a fully healthy squad, he should be fine.

My main worry comes from COVID itself. Milan should make sure no one gets it after Ibra because that would kill our season more than injuries.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only really good transfer of Milan this summer is Hauge. Tonali can become v good in the future but without the Hauge transfer the transfer campaign would be not too good.

I think Hauge can have a big impact on season for Milan!

And let's see what they can do in the Jan window. Maybe with the covid crisis still going on the prices will fall further.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
This CB saga was really weird. Both Massara and Maldini were saying in every interview for weeks that Milan needed a CB. And they made offers for many and gave up on every single one because of 3~5M.

I mean, if you think both that Milan need the player and a 19, 20 years old CB is good and promissing enough for Milan there's no way 3 or 5M on top of 15 should stop you.
This is the proceeding of a very broke ass team. Milan fans have seem this before.

tenor.gif

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I also didn't get the Laxalt move. He was a decent sub while Dalot is a loanee + unknow quality at this point specially on his weak side. Conti was the one who should have left for this to make sense, not Laxalt.

And also giving up on Baka was unfortunate. He was indeed cheap and ended up reinforcing our direct rival for the CL place. It's the sort of move that can come to bite Milan back both because we're really short in depth and he can be very important for Napoli.
Pioli asked for 2 CMs since last season and they should have given it to him. Now he's forced to make Krunic work somehow.

Still, one or two depth positions is a lateral issue. Overall the management did decent. All transfers came for decent prices, are young, good business and will be useful. And I would have no complaints if this was a normal season... But in the covid season we are taking risks.
The situation with covid seems to get worse and now there's even a judicial layer to it. It feels like a black cloud approaching...

Fair assessment.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Wiser not to overspend now. This virus could cause another suspension. Who knows? If it does, it leads to more losses. Lets just wait for winter market. I am sure they will act on it just like they did with Hauge. We were covered in LW but the opportunity was too good to pass

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
The only really good transfer of Milan this summer is Hauge. Tonali can become v good in the future but without the Hauge transfer the transfer campaign would be not too good.

I think Hauge can have a bog impact on season for Milan!

And let's see what they can do in the Jan window. Maybe with the covid crisis still going on the prices will fall further.

:fp:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
We are broke. Did the best they can.

Lets play untill january.

Forza Milan

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Did Monza buy more players than us?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
There is a big chance sport activities will be suspended again soon.

Napoli was forced to stay home and many provincial authorities will do the same.

I do not think anyone in italy spent big.

Osimhen and hakimi deals are the only involving serious money.

Rest of deals are kick the can type of deals.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think this is similar failure to last season when we chased Correa all market only to not get him. I hope this isn’t a Maldini pattern. Seems to be.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still kinda find it funny Juve are gonna spend 50m on Chiesa to play as a wingback :lol:

Could've just bought Hakimi and won the scudetto and be CL contenders :lol:

And Chiesa deciding to suspend his career as an attacker and become a wingback

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Overpaying and those "extra 5m" here and there are what got us here.

It was the extra money on Paqueta, the extra money on Laxalt, the extra money on Samu, the extra money on Biglia, the extra money that is meant to push through various deals that put us in the terrible place we are in now.

Now, I understand that you can say: "Sam, I get it, but there's a difference between paying extra for Samu (and all those other players) and paying extra for Simakan/Kabak/etc just one time," and maybe, but if that transfer fails, even if they are promising as hell (see: Caldara) the damage is still done.

One of the important data-driven approaches to players and their values is using metrics like their "value-in-use" over a season in comparison to their contract terms in comparison to the "value-in-exchange," basically getting rid of them.

There are various analytics that take this financial approach, which creates a value for a player, and I think our management is driven by this. It's not unique to Milan, lots (but not all) clubs do this now, and of course different data sets will yield different results.

I think for the next few months, the squad is fine according to management. They seem to trust their process--and I guess we will see how right they were. I hope they are.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
We have 5 CBs, do we really need one more?

Why this urgency for a CB that it can't wait until January?
Do they know something that we don't?

Is Musa and Roma so far off from returning that they won't be back for months?

Is Musa a lost cause in terms of fitness/career ending injury?

Is Duarte refusing to play?

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still kinda find it funny Juve are gonna spend 50m on Chiesa to play as a wingback :lol:

Could've just bought Hakimi and won the scudetto and be CL contenders :lol:

And Chiesa deciding to suspend his career as an attacker and become a wingback

His always been a hard working player. Think he can pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule