The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
There are serious talks that football activities will be suspended until 2nd wave passes and automatic renewal for contracts for the duration of the stop.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazidis interview with leaders business is interesting. He explains the 4 steps to bring milan back.

I'm sure it will be up soon.

I think Gazidis is doing a decent job. The article from the Athletic highlights the moving parts we are putting in place. The move away from agents is even better.

Gary Lineker was just commenting on the power of agents and how agents are getting paid by the club the player is moving to, the club player is moving from and the player. How does not cause conflict of interest. Clubs like United are run this way, actually a lot of clubs, I mean look at Wolves, Milan was run like this that?s why Raiola had his hands in our pockets.

Our club is going to a system where we scout our players and make our own assessments and valuations, that?s why I feel Raiola is getting upset. He has lost power in Milan and I think either wants to force his way back or move his clients to places he has power in. That?s pure speculation on my part.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yeah, I love Theo, but I don't think he's the best and he's still a bit limited and over reliant on his speed. But, he has all the tools to be there at the top.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Theo is far from being the best LB in the world. But the best we've had in many years

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Hopefully we bring back Jean-Pierre Meersseman and let the players eat spaghetti in the dressing room after matches.

Didn't we have a guy on this forum whoms uncle was Meerssman and he had all inside info of MilanLab?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I think you forget Ibra started much like Leao, I think Leao can learn and that should be his position. Ibra should mentor him. The Colombo experiment is over.

Are you really comparing him to Ibra? If only Leao had Ibra's attitude... I'm afraid he's only got the "arrogance", without the proper effort to back it up.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully we bring back Jean-Pierre Meersseman and let the players eat spaghetti in the dressing room after matches.

naah, he used to be good, is running something wicked in Como now about alternative healing methods

lieven maesschalck, his counter part, works in Antwerp and is a physio advisor for psg + bayern

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Meersseeman lol. Bringing back old FM memories

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Many people here shit on Gazidis, but that guy can give interviews.

I think he's the perfect modern progressive CEO type to get this done.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Not only is he the best LB in the world, Theo is also the most handsome active player in the world

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are you really comparing him to Ibra? If only Leao had Ibra's attitude... I'm afraid he's only got the "arrogance", without the proper effort to back it up.

Uhmmm yea. No one is saying he will be as good as Ibra, but Ibra was more of a second striker in his younger days. Think Ajax. Leao can learn is all I?m saying.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
MN - Milan, no defender from the transfer market but Pioli can smile: Romagnoli ready for the derby

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao has the tools to be a very interesting CF... good size, great speed, good passing, and he can take defenders on and create his own shot. The counter attack we had late against Spezia was beautiful. Leao picked his head up and charged, found the right pass, and helped create a very good chance.

He was also pressing well and those were two very nice goals that be scored. They may look easy but on both occasions he found the ball and calmly finished. His major weakness is his off the ball work when we are in possession. He is clearly working harder to defend, now he needs to work harder to get open, make runs, and present himself.

Willing to cut him slack because he had COVID and we don’t know how severely it affected him and his training. The fact he’s pressing and working to defend is a really positive sign.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Many people here shit on Gazidis, but that guy can give interviews.

I think he's the perfect modern progressive CEO type to get this done.
well even Agnelli came over and listened on the TV rights.

We are a midtable team (some say) but we discuss TV rights. Percassi is not invited

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wait, I don't understand what Gazidis meant by saying our brand is still enormous throughout the world. Didn't people here say we are irrelevant?

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
100%.

Maldini and Massara had to work with a very limited budge, limitations to age and salary.

It would have been a very different type of Mercato if Elliott didn't dictate under 24 of age & nothing over 2m salary.

This was never the problem for any of our missed target as Maldini had already come to an agreement with the players. He just couldn't find an agreement on the purchase cost or find a solution that would satisfy the clubs.
That could be because of lack of funds but could also be lack of negotiating skills/experience. We don't know so it is difficult to say if he failed his objectives or not.

Tonali looked nervous to me in the last game.
Was very slow on the ball, like he was uncertain of himself all the time, and misplaced many passes, a few of which could have caused us to concede.
But it wasn't all bad. He's well developed physically and is pretty good at shielding the ball. Made some nice diagonal passes to the wings.
And I like that he always looks to make a pass forwards and not backwards (De Jong trauma).
All in all, I think there's a decent player in there, he just needs to gain confidence and experience.
Also, I'm curious how a mid 3 of him, Kessie, and Bennacer would perform.
If Tonali is to be used in double pivot, he must have someone with great defensive capabilities next to him. Someone that can compensate for his lack of defensive capabilities so that he can be more involved in the attack phase.
God what I wouldn't have given to see Baka next to him...
Damn you Rino!

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Wait, I don't understand what Gazidis meant by saying our brand is still enormous throughout the world. Didn't people here say we are irrelevant?

Are you expecting him to say "Milan is now irrelevant and have no significant commercial value?"

Anyhow
Milan was and still a widely recognized brand

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
This was never the problem for any of our missed target as Maldini had already come to an agreement with the players. He just couldn't find an agreement on the purchase cost or find a solution that would satisfy the clubs.
That could be because of lack of funds but could also be lack of negotiating skills/experience. We don't know so it is difficult to say if he failed his objectives or not.

or , as some mentioned, based on certain factors he sets a max price he is willing to pay ...if club wants more than that ... bye.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Are you expecting him to say "Milan is now irrelevant and have no significant commercial value?"

Anyhow
Milan was and still a widely recognized brand

I'd expect him to say nothing if we actually were irrelevant.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Happy to hear Gazidis. He is right tho. We are a huge brand. we are a 7 time European champion and have had some of the greatest players play here. Unfortunately we are not that club anymore. But we have a plan to make us that again and it will take some time. We are going to get there and I can already see the next generation of Milan star in this teach which I could not three years ago. We just need to continue to develop and imo with a bit of luck we can do something special even this year.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao has the tools to be a very interesting CF... good size, great speed, good passing, and he can take defenders on and create his own shot. The counter attack we had late against Spezia was beautiful. Leao picked his head up and charged, found the right pass, and helped create a very good chance.

He was also pressing well and those were two very nice goals that be scored. They may look easy but on both occasions he found the ball and calmly finished. His major weakness is his off the ball work when we are in possession. He is clearly working harder to defend, now he needs to work harder to get open, make runs, and present himself.

Willing to cut him slack because he had COVID and we don?t know how severely it affected him and his training. The fact he?s pressing and working to defend is a really positive sign.

Yes and No.

Leao has a vast array of tools but do not exaggerate.
He only started pressing defenders only after he scored his first goal before that he was just chasing butterflies on the pitch.
To be precise, right now the only position he can play is CF because on Pioli's system the RW and LW have to press a lot. Right now Leao cannot bench Rebic, Sale-boy or even Castillejo. Though, as you said we have to give him a pass because he is not at the right fitness level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule