Bidders for the 2018/2022 Fifa World Cup™

Choose your preferable country to present the World Cup in 2018 and 2022 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
It's quite good for me that it's not in England - I'll probably get less abuse in Russia for not supporting the English team :tongue:

OneUnited

Reaction score
Certainly seemed like you were under the impression that I did.

You said the media got their timing horrendously wrong. Considering it was in their best interests, they certainly didn't.

If you intended to convey the message that the timing was horrendously wrong from the perspective of fans and bid officials alike, it wasn't very clear.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
No booze? Have you ever been to the Middle East to make such an ignorant and uninformed comment? It's not Saudi Arabia, alcohol isn't forbidden in Qatar. I would suggest you make some background research before coming out with claims like that. No freedom of speech? What the fuck does the level of democracy have to do with a country's ability to host a successful sport competition? Argentina, under a horrible dictator, did excellently in 1978 while China conducted the 2008 Olympics without any problems. Yeah, let's give it to the Western countries every year, they'll show us the right way of living. Scratch that, let's give it to England every year.

Qatar bans the importation of alcohol and it is a punishable offense to drink alcohol or be drunk in public. Offenders may incur a prison sentence or deportation. Alcohol is, however, available at licensed hotel restaurants and bars, and non-Muslim expatriates living in Qatar can obtain alcohol on a permit system at the Qatar Distribution Center, the only distributor allowed to sell alcohol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition

I mean, what the fuck?

I don't know why you've decided to exagerate in your last sentence. Are you not aware where the 2010 and 2002 world cups were held?

What FIFA said is irrelevant, they were praising the Russian bid to high heavens when questioned by the Russian media as well. It means fuck all. Like I told Kuja previously, your free media - who got their timing with the Panorama program horrendously wrong - is to blame, rather than FIFA's corruption. "Fucking horns... boiling weather" - Erm, what? Qatar isn't Africa, there's no Vuvuzela tradition. Temperature controlled stadiums and training facilities are going to be built, I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

3596916730-02122010142622.jpg

Qatar have just purchased 4 million vuvuzelas for the world cup.

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/qatar-have-preordered-4?xg_source=activity#ixzz1750DKBpi

According to one of the Englishmen on the bid, several of the judges (or whatever they're called) actually said they would vote for us. I don't think you've read my last post at all. It's not the fact that we lost that's the problem, it's HOW we lost. There's a difference.

images

princes william!! :D :D

meh, I won't deny he's a laughing stock, with that disgraceful posh, up-his-own-arse accent.

His dad is even worse. "God save the next king" :head:

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Qatar bans the importation of alcohol and it is a punishable offense to drink alcohol or be drunk in public. Offenders may incur a prison sentence or deportation. Alcohol is, however, available at licensed hotel restaurants and bars, and non-Muslim expatriates living in Qatar can obtain alcohol on a permit system at the Qatar Distribution Center, the only distributor allowed to sell alcohol.

I mean, what the fuck?

Does that mean it's only illegal to drink in public? Because there are a lot of places where that's true (including some areas of my town).

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Does that mean it's only illegal to drink in public? Because there are a lot of places where that's true (including some areas of my town).

Where do you live?

Any laws that prevent you from drinking in public places and/or getting drunk, especially when it comes to sport, is a lot of shit. That's the only way England fans know how to celebrate :D

I don't think I've ever not had a few drinks after going to/watching an important match with other people.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Homosexuality is a crime punishable by death in Qatar, no World Cup for me. :cry:

I'm joking, but surely they'll raise a few laws for when it does arrive? Like drinking and laws on Females and Homosexuality.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The English claims of bias/corruption might have some credibility if they were in the habit of accepting the validity of any defeat.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Where do you live?

Any laws that prevent you from drinking in public places and/or getting drunk, especially when it comes to sport, is a lot of shit. That's the only way England fans know how to celebrate :D

Not in a big city, but around the public gardens in the middle of the town drinking outside is banned.
It's just trying to stop people behaving like idiots, which isn't a terrible thing for me. It's pretty lame if you need alcohol to celebrate really...

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The English claims of bias/corruption might have some credibility if they were in the habit of accepting the validity of any defeat.

This is true to be fair. All the other occasions where the English media have blamed other people for our own failings has now come to bite us in the arse, as this is probably the only case in which we have a point lol.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
But they're PURPLE!!!

Another tournament of incessant "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and "GGUUUNGGGGGGHHHUUNNNN" noises.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

do u really beleive qatar bought 4 million vuvuzelas 12 years before the event, the link has 1 line "qatar buys 4 mill vuvuzelas" :head:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yes you need alcohol Wild. you ever tried to party or dance sober? Its uncomfortable

And Ive decided Fifa wants to turn world cup more into a spectable like the olympics than an actual sporting event. How long before ridiculous opening and closing ceremonies?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
taken from another forum to clear misconceptions.
http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_football/3054190.html

That doesn't really clear much up to be fair. No one has been talking about jews getting hunted or women being opressed. It touches upon the booze, but then we already know you can drink in a hotel or pub. No comment about getting drunk or drinking in public though.

I'm not convinced about the air conditioning. I'll believe it when I see it. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong though.

Though Kuja was right about not being welcome, even if he didn't mean it :tongue:

do u really beleive qatar bought 4 million vuvuzelas 12 years before the event, the link has 1 line "qatar buys 4 mill vuvuzelas" :head:

Arabs are a bit thick to be fair. apart from Milanista...

this is joke by the way...

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
That doesn't really clear much up to be fair. No one has been talking about jews getting hunted or women being opressed. It touches upon the booze, but then we already know you can drink in a hotel or pub. No comment about getting drunk or drinking in public though.

I'm not convinced about the air conditioning. I'll believe it when I see it. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong though.

Though Kuja was right about not being welcome, even if he didn't mean it :tongue:

You're not allowed to drink in public in most american cities (mine included)

Not that it stops me from brown bagging it in a park on a sunny day...

Usually american sporting events have area around stadium fenced off to let you tailgate and do whatever OR you know it's lined w/ bars/pubs....

works fine.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

u clearly havent read some of the posts in this thread nor soem of the crap the eanglish newspapers have to say especially on from jim white on eurosport.

its 12 years away, they have the technology for it today and said they will share it with the rest of the world and who is to say what technology would have come up with come 2022.

kuja would be welcome its cleared up in the link i posted.

i would love to see wetones opinion on all of this as i think he doesnt see him self as an arab

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Yeah , here in the third countries we like to think wide.
I bought a condom when I was 4 months old & I didnt use it till years after.
So one link having Qatar bought 4 million vuvu TWELVE YEARS before the event is valid + EOD.
And yeah we are in a time where getting "drunk/naked/insert something that insecure ppl do just to do what normal ppl do without" is the definition of being civilized.
And I really like ppl who now cant stand the vuvu + highlighting it but when some of us said how ******** it was they didnt say 10% of what they are saying now.
But Africa is cool while Qatar isnt.
I really doubt any country will play worth than SA & am sure Qatar will organize a better cup.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You said the media got their timing horrendously wrong. Considering it was in their best interests, they certainly didn't.

If you intended to convey the message that the timing was horrendously wrong from the perspective of fans and bid officials alike, it wasn't very clear.
What? Obviously it was in their best interests, just like it was to publish those stories about Rooney instead of protecting the image of England's best player. They couldn't care less. I'm surprised that this needs clarifying but it's clear that I was referring to their timing from an England fans' perspective.

I mean, what the fuck?
"No booze" and "punishable offense to drink alcohol in public" is totally different. Besides, the chief executive of Qatar's bid already stated that alcohol consumptions would be permitted during the event and no, not only in hotels or bars - "specific fan-zones will be established where alcohol can be bought."

Happy to help.

I don't know why you've decided to exagerate in your last sentence. Are you not aware where the 2010 and 2002 world cups were held?
Are you being serious? My comment was in reference to your holier-than-thou attitude towards countries that don't have the same democratic laws as the West, who are supposedly the bastion of freedom and morality and set an example as to how the world should live. Yeah, right.

3596916730-02122010142622.jpg

Qatar have just purchased 4 million vuvuzelas for the world cup.

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/qatar-have-preordered-4?xg_source=activity#ixzz1750DKBpi

According to one of the Englishmen on the bid, several of the judges (or whatever they're called) actually said they would vote for us. I don't think you've read my last post at all. It's not the fact that we lost that's the problem, it's HOW we lost. There's a difference.
World-Cup-Vuvuzela-England-Supporter_2466707.jpg

Yeah, a thread on a Fulham forum (in which I'm guessing the poster is being facetious), excellent research there. I'm sure they've ordered 4 million of those just in time for the competition... erm, 12 years away. I sincerely hope you weren't serious with that link, unless you believe that the Vuvuzela has become the most in-demand product in the world.

Woopti-fucking-doo, they promised to vote for you but changed their mind. I'm not thick, there's no need to point out the difference to me. I don't think you've read my point about how your free media's actions played a massive part in England's chances of hosting the World Cup, I wish you had the humility to admit that, perhaps, another country's bid was far more appealing and wasn't won on the basis of corruption within the FIFA organisation.

Your comment about Arabs reeks of xenophobia.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
They could be doing about a bajillion things w/ the vuvuelas... who cares. For all we know the shiek's wife likes to let her whole house know when she queefs ;)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Yes you need alcohol Wild. you ever tried to party or dance sober? Its uncomfortable
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm , like all the time.
Funny you mentioned that by the way.
The first thing that crossed my mind when I read all the nagging about drinking & what the fuck that got to do with football is some of my friends who cant dance or talk to a girl unless they drink & the answer for that is simply insecurity.
So yeah , a secure person will dance/talk to a girl/party without the need of anything to boost his morale or make him relax.
I do however get how those uncool ppl wanna be cool by getting some drink but what the fuck that got to do with watching a football game or cheering your team ?

Its merchandising & marketing.
Movies + TVs brain washing small minds to think that you need to smoke after sex & you need to drink to have fun & the true goal is to sell their goods.
The next thing could be that 13 years old not able to do their homework without it also.

So again , whats the big deal about Qatar preventing drinking while having the world cup ?

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Homosexuality is a crime punishable by death in Qatar, no World Cup for me. :cry:

I'm joking, but surely they'll raise a few laws for when it does arrive? Like drinking and laws on Females and Homosexuality.
What kind of laws?

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Arabs are a bit thick to be fair. apart from Milanista...

this is joke by the way...
That's not fair, I didn't see the white part. It is an idiotic statement anyways.:tongue:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm , like all the time.
Funny you mentioned that by the way.
The first thing that crossed my mind when I read all the nagging about drinking & what the fuck that got to do with football is some of my friends who cant dance or talk to a girl unless they drink & the answer for that is simply insecurity.
So yeah , a secure person will dance/talk to a girl/party without the need of anything to boost his morale or make him relax.
I do however get how those uncool ppl wanna be cool by getting some drink but what the fuck that got to do with watching a football game or cheering your team ?

Truth. Women are scary until I consult my friend jack

But I do disagree with second point..... for me most fun thing ever is sitting around with my boys, drinking some beers, maybe smoking some shisha while watching football or basketball game. State of relaxation and bliss.

Infact that usually gets me in trouble w/ long term gfs. "Why are u always drinking w/ the boys and watching football?! Why not spend time with me..."

Its merchandising & marketing.
Movies + TVs brain washing small minds to think that you need to smoke after sex & you need to drink to have fun & the true goal is to sell their goods.
The next thing could be that 13 years old not able to do their homework without it also.

Nah I smoke after sex cause it's degrading to the women, not cause i see it on TV. Sometimes I urinate on them while playing rkelly- 'chocolate factory'..... If they cry it's a plus ;)

(A JOKE WOMEN, BEFORE YOU FREAK OUT)

So again , whats the big deal about Qatar preventing drinking while having the world cup ?

Nothing. I never said it. Just saying a lot of people like to. A lot of people don't. If its available to those who like to, then great. I'm not forcing a beer down anyones throat but my own

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"No booze" and "punishable offense to drink alcohol in public" is totally different. Besides, the chief executive of Qatar's bid already stated that alcohol consumptions would be permitted during the event and no, not only in hotels or bars - "specific fan-zones will be established where alcohol can be bought."

It's the same to me. Not being able to drink in public is an awful idea. I hope Qatar are going to have a load of "England pubs".

Happy to help.

You're not helping. I want to go and watch Coronation Stret.

Are you being serious? My comment was in reference to your holier-than-thou attitude towards countries that don't have the same democratic laws as the West, who are supposedly the bastion of freedom and morality and set an example as to how the world should live. Yeah, right.

There's nothing snobbish in the slightest. I don't know when you signed up here, but I was all for having the WC in S/A. That is until I heard those fucking wasps anyway.

World-Cup-Vuvuzela-England-Supporter_2466707.jpg

Yeah, a thread on a Fulham forum (in which I'm guessing the poster is being facetious), excellent research there. I'm sure they've ordered 4 million of those just in time for the competition... erm, 12 years away. I sincerely hope you weren't serious with that link, unless you believe that the Vuvuzela has become the most in-demand product in the world.

Just to point out, more Vuvuzela's have probably been sold in the last 6 months than in it's entire history. And something I've just realised, but seeing as Qatar has a very small population size, there's bound to me thousands upon thousands of fans coming in from neighbouring countries. I don't know who they are, but I'm going to guess that they use those horns.

DOHA, QATAR—Qataris danced along the Gulf waterfront Thursday and used the symbol of the last World Cup — the vuvuzela — to blast their joy at being named host of the 2022 tournament.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/socce...uzela-world-cup-coming-to-middle-east-in-2022

Woopti-fucking-doo, they promised to vote for you but changed their mind. I'm not thick, there's no need to point out the difference to me. I don't think you've read my point about how your free media's actions played a massive part in England's chances of hosting the World Cup, I wish you had the humility to admit that, perhaps, another country's bid was far more appealing and wasn't won on the basis of corruption within the FIFA organisation.

Actually, you are wrong here. England were out in the first round, and was basically decided months ago. The Panorama program was on a week ago. Had England lost by 2 or 3 votes, you would be totally right. However we lost by a landslide, possibly by unfair means, so the English media reporting about the corruption was nowhere near as influential as people think.

Your comment about Arabs reeks of xenophobia.

I was hoping somone would say this. Hopefully many more do, just to highlight certain hypocrisies that have gone one.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
i was at the fifa world club final last year, they were selling drinks and the crazy argentinians didnt leave the bars alone.

passionate fans need alchohol eh, I only wish those cunts were passionate about having a shower as much as they are passionate about drinking and football.

anyways for the cool people here that drink till they choke on their vomit, qatar will have alot of bars selling drinks(same thing happens here in fifa events) with enough beer for every ******, dont worry.

making a big fuss about drinking , how pathetic can people get:head:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Do Quatari women secretly get drunk? I might want to sneak one out of a harem and ship her to the us. :devil:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Do Quatari women secretly get drunk? I might want to sneak one out of a harem and ship her to the us. :devil:

yeh, because you can afford to date one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule