Mark van Bommel Thread

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
latest rumour is that he has signed and will be available for selection against sampdoria

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
rumour says 1.5 mill

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Bullshit with playing time for youth. Common get fuckin real.
Ambro, Gattuso and Pirlo are undiaputed Milan managment. Then there is always Dorf. Them 4 got more playing time and are more secured than Flamini and Boateng when all healthy. Now you want to add another old fart.
Jesus Christ.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Van Bommel is a Milan player

Mark Van Bommel is a Milan player. The deal was already completed in the day today but the official still missing some details.

The midfielder could be in the field Wednesday against Sampdoria in the Italian Cup but only for purely bureaucratic issues related to the transfer. At Bayern Monaco will go a half million euro to compensate since the player was linked to the Bavarian club until June.

Van Bommel, class '77, is at Bayern since 2005. He previously played for PSV and Barcelona.

Almost there guys

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Wait till theres a proper confirmation because i saw 1.5m somewhere else and on calciomercato is stated half a mil.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What an idiotic signing. Next year we have all Pirlo, Gattuso, Dorf, Ambro, Van Bommel still contracted and fuckin Flamini getting close to 30 still considered as a young gun lol

We already speak about Abate as a youngster even tho he is older than Messi.

Not happy!!!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Wait till theres a proper confirmation because i saw 1.5m somewhere else and on calciomercato is stated half a mil.

So where did you see this article on which website? and it's agreed, but not declared official yet?

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
MvB is a secret guilty pleasure - he's excellent, though why Milan would sign him ahead of

1) a left back
2) a creative midfielder
3) a left back

I have no idea.

He's got such a great point, you know. Everyone thought Cassano was going to be a disaster for us (reporters, anti-Milanista, other football fans, not us Milan fans) and bam! They're fucking wrong, Cassano and Ibra are amazing and they play alongside together just fine. MvB and Ibra won't hate each other if MvB comes to Milan.

Another issue with this signing is that people keep going on about us having great primavera prospects, we just need a couple of playrs of high quality coming into their prime to bridge the gap. MvB will join Ambro, Gatt and Pirlo in midfield as our seniors, with Flams, Prince and Urby as our players technically coming into their prime.

Those 3 aren't exactly going to strike fear into Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea or Real, it would have been nice to think that we might have been able to sign a couple of younger, higher quality midfielders that were going to link our attack and be the creative heart behind our front trident.

We'll obviously have to wait and see what happens in the Summer, but if we get Lazzari as well at some point, we're not getting Ganso, Jucilei, Lamela, Pastore, Modric, whoever... We're trying to lower wages, yet our midfield is packed with players, and to me come next season its not exactly a WC midfield unit :(

Add to that our penny pinching over a long term nesta replacement and LB, I'm not really excited...

Urby, MvB, Lazzari, maybe Mexes or Astori and a LB... Not exactly breaking boundries or making Milan the force they once were now is it? I think if we get Criscito, we can work Urby and him as a decent left handside, but I'd hoped we might have been in a position to get Sakho in the Summer, but its obvious we're trawling the bargain bucket for signings, are there any other Binho/Ibra quality players planning on falling out with their teams over the Summer?

Why are you guys talking about Marco van Basten????

This is Mark Van Bommel's thread

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
He has a little 'v' in his name too, like it or not.

I apologise if for some reason you think it's disrepsectful to the great van Basten, but know that nobody would mean it that way (else why would they be posting on here)

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
Who the fuck cares about his age when he's a fine player?

Van Bommel > Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Flamini...

You just have to accept it.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
according to german newspapaer BILD van bommel has asked to leave even though milans offer is a 5 and a half month contract

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
5 and a half months only? ah well hes gonna renew for sure, gut feeling that Ambro is going to leave.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Why are you guys talking about Marco van Basten????

This is Mark Van Bommel's thread

You seem not to understand how it works. Let me explain:

His name is Mark van Bommel. His name is Marco van Basten.
His name is Van Bommel. His name is Van Basten.

In both cases it's ''van'', but if it's the first word the ''v'' becomes a capital.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Who the fuck cares about his age when he's a fine player?

Van Bommel > Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Flamini...

You just have to accept it.

Bullcrap
Next year Dorf, Pirlo, Ambro, Gattuso, Van Bommel all will be first 11 or bench but all will make game squad.

That is just fuckin pathetic. It is a step back and he can only play Serie A.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Report: Van Bommel Deal Finalized; Bayern Captain Transfers to Milan

According to late reports from Bild, FC Bayern Munich captain Mark van Bommel will transfer to AC Milan following a confusing day of rumor and conjecture.

Reports in the Italian media early in the day indicated that Milan officials were in Munich to conclude the deal. The Dutch media ran with the story, but it was later reported that said officials were not in Munich. Van Bommel’s agent, reached for comment in Amsterdam, said he was unaware of any meetings in Munich. But in later comments he indicated that something was afoot, and that he would be headed to Munich to work on a “50/50″ chance for a deal.

But Everyone’s Favorite Tabloid reported the deal will go forward in a story published near midnight local time. The breakdown in the relationship between Van Bommel and coach Louis van Gaal was cited as the primary reason that Van Bommel requested an immediate release. The Bayern leadership are said to have acquiesced to the request and Van Bommel will be allowed to depart for the Italian club on a free transfer. Philipp Lahm will assume the captaincy of FC Bayern Munich, the first Munich-born captain of the club since “Katsche“ Schwarzenbeck

http://bayern.theoffside.com/team-n...alized-bayern-captain-transfers-to-milan.html

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Initially opposed to the move .. But with almost all our mids injured and Silva forced to play as DM a very very welcome addition to the squad . Will help us in our scudetto bid ..

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
for 0.5 mil and only 5 and a half months especially with all these injuries, why the hell not?

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about whether you currently dislike him, folks. Recent evidence suggests that most of you will do a U-turn if he plays well anyway.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
God, me too
Everyhing he brings is our liability already.
It is like blaming Bonera for 4-4 draw agains shit team and getting another Yepes.
Man U, Chelsea and other occasionaly plays players out o position due to the squad called for the matchday.
It doesn't mean you need 3 playmaker, 10 CB, 5 DM etc.

What is this guy bringing to the table?
If we need players wining games by themselves af any occasion why we need Allegri?

Tosho

Primavera
Reaction score
r

brazilrobinho.jpg

did we really had to.... :D :D

i know this doesnt mean shit.... but whats the use ffs.. we can bang everyone in Seria A the way we are, and he is definetly not someone to base your future on... why oo why

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I also wouldn't say I dislike him but just after all this talk we have realistc chance that our 3DM will be Pirlo/Van Bommel - Ambro - Gattuso with Dorf still playing minutes in CAM while we have Prince, Flamini, Strasser and Merkel being left out.
If that line up will become a standard(big chance) I will just find another hobby and wait till Galliani rolls over.

Our youngest, still not developped player is 24 that is more than Messi for Christ sake.

Schedule