The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=14333)

Ronin 14-07-2020 15:51

Thanks for all the marvelous goals and assists in those poor times. Good luck!

Goodfella 14-07-2020 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by fray (Post 3142984)
I wouldn't look too much into that.

Why not?
Hasn't this forum learned from the Niang/Montpellier, Borini/China and Silva/Sevilla debacles?
Let's wait with the celebrations until it's been confirmed by the involved parties.

I've seen that Monchi quote.
It's vague. I believe that he's referring to UCL qualification, but for which season(s)?
24m is and was a lot of money for Sevilla, even before the corona crisis, even with CL revenue. The loan is for 18 months. What if they need to guarantee 2 years of CL revenue for the clause to be triggered? Wasn't there some reports that hinted at that?

Forza AC Milan 14-07-2020 17:27

Im afraid Sevilla would want to get out of the deal somehow. He has been horrible for them.

Sognatore 14-07-2020 19:23

Be cool....be cool.....

fray 14-07-2020 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfella (Post 3142990)
Why not?
Hasn't this forum learned from the Niang/Montpellier, Borini/China and Silva/Sevilla debacles?
Let's wait with the celebrations until it's been confirmed by the involved parties.

Niang was only a 6-month loan with option to buy that Montpellier didn't take up because he wasn't worth the €10m fee that was agreed - 4 league goals in 19.

Andre Silva started well with Sevilla and was a hotshot between August and October, then his form dipped and he only scored 2 goals between Oct - Apr. To compound matters, he *apparently* faked an injury to avoid playing for the rest of the season, resulting in Sevilla's SD severely criticizing him and branding him a disgrace.

There was never any a 'confirmation' that Sevilla would decide to officially redeem him for €30m after 2 months. That was only Italian and Spanish media jumping the gun with speculation after his great start in Spain.

Regarding Borini, there was little substance to the China rumours and a deal was never as close as most journalists and outlets claimed.

In essence, all 3 'operations' that didn't pan out are logically justified, as 2/3 of the deals were loan with option to buy, meaning Montpellier and Sevilla were never at any point obligated to buy Niang/Silva, whereas Sevilla are now reportedly obligated to buy Suso.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfella (Post 3142990)
I've seen that Monchi quote.
It's vague. I believe that he's referring to UCL qualification, but for which season(s)?
24m is and was a lot of money for Sevilla, even before the corona crisis, even with CL revenue. The loan is for 18 months. What if they need to guarantee 2 years of CL revenue for the clause to be triggered? Wasn't there some reports that hinted at that?

Let's see. Early indications suggest it's all done and Sevilla are now obligated to shell out €24m, seeing as most Milan-connected journalists reported yesterday that Milan would undoubtedly cash in said amount. Certainly, this is a fee that Sevilla will pay in several instalments and they'll afford it through their CL revenue and/or the classic Galliani way of selling before buying.

And if Sevilla try to cancel the deal & send Suso back, well then... Elliott, the notorious hedge fund, won't take it lightly that a big amount will be missing from the transfer budget that will set out RR.

Goodfella 14-07-2020 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by fray (Post 3143039)
There was never any a 'confirmation' that Sevilla would decide to officially redeem him for ?30m after 2 months.

Exactly.
Just words, speculations and reports, that turned out to be bullshit.

Joaquin Caparros announced that Sevilla will trigger their buy option for Andre Silva at the end of his season-long loan deal with them
?The fans can rest assured, the player will stay with us with a contract for many seasons,? Director Caparros told the club website.

?We have this option to buy and at the end of the season, or even before, we?ll exercise it.?

November 22, 2018
https://ronaldo.com/football-news/se...or-many-years/

All those deals were "done" at some point, and Milan fans were celebrating or complaining(fanboys) as if the money had arrived and everything.
And now they are celebrating the Suso deal because Di Marzio, an outdated transfer guru, "confirmed" it.

Do I think that the buyout clause was activated yesterday when Sevilla secured a CL spot? Yes. But Monchi has never specified what collective and team objectives he referred to, and for which season(s). None of the involved parties have confirmed that the deal is done. The deal is not officially done until it's officially done.

I've wanted Suso sold since 2017. I'm not going to set myself up for an enormous let down that I might not be able to recover from.

Thenebra 15-07-2020 05:48

Come back home.

We need his goals.

Goodfella 20-07-2020 14:46

https://www.sevillafc.es/actualidad/...on-compra-suso

I can't believe it................it actually happened.
2020 is the greatest year of human history.
Monchi deserves a statue outside San Siro, Milanello and Casa Milan.

Goodfella 20-07-2020 14:50

Goodfella 20-07-2020 14:57

Thenebra 20-07-2020 15:43

[emoji50]

fray 20-07-2020 16:03

Gazzetta.it, Adesso e ufficiale: il Siviglia riscatta Suso, per il Milan in arrivo 24 milioni di euro

Dominik Szoboszlai has a 24m release clause

:balo2:

Pingu 21-07-2020 16:08

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC55W-7odrf/

“Playing the Champions League was my childhood dream. Now it’s come true. Thank you, Sevilla. And thank you Milan, you’ve been my family for years. Forever a Rossonero.”

lmao watch the video on his Instagram what an ego!!!! he will be on bench for CL congrats Suso