The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Football (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dutch Eredivisie Thread (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=8399)

Beemer 01-12-2006 03:25

Dutch Eredivisie Thread

Just recently I noticed there wasn't a thread about this.

Anyway, talk Dutch football here. :)

Rex 01-12-2006 04:20

Looks like PSV are having safer path to be champions this season.

DonippoKakaShevdini 01-12-2006 04:43

I was going to make note of this at some point.

For those of us who don't have a favorite side in this league or live in the Benelux area, this league always presents a great stage for young players who will be in Italy, Spain, or England eventually. I have always followed this league with that keen type of eye, but also without getting to involved with team statistics. Many greats were playing playing in the Eredivisie while still popping zits and awaiting underarm hair growth. :D

vani_pirlo_21 01-12-2006 04:59

I'm supporting PSV because of Carlos "Salcita" Salcido ;) :) :star:

AC_Wesley 01-12-2006 14:52

Ah! finaly there is a Eredivisie Thread :)

I live near Rotterdam so usualy you support a team that is near your house. but not me. PSV will be the Champions but i give Ajax a chance to win it too :cry: and poor ADO will go to 'Jupiler League ' (Jupiler league is the dutch Serie B)

milanissimo 01-12-2006 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex
Looks like PSV are having safer path to be champions this season.

i agree,especially after win over ajax in amsterdam

AC_Wesley 09-12-2006 16:35

I can see you guys are really interessed in the Eredivisie Thread :tongue:

so how will win? Ajax - AZ
i hope AZ wins this one :)

gahanthegod 09-12-2006 22:59

Most of the matches end with high-scoring results in Holland.
I think AZ will be the winner. 3-1 or 3-2 maybe :)

gahanthegod 10-12-2006 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by snn
Most of the matches end with high-scoring results in Holland.
I think AZ will be the winner. 3-1 or 3-2 maybe :)

Well, 2-2 is a high-scoring result anyway :D

AC_Wesley 10-12-2006 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by snn
Well, 2-2 is a high-scoring result anyway :D

And it was a nasty match :D

Huntelaar
Red card?

1-0

1-1

1-2

Can't find 2-2 :conf:

Good weekend for PSV

gahanthegod 10-12-2006 21:21

Yeah and for my bets! Thanks to PSV + Feyenoord.
I actually like Dutch League's style, all the games are high-scoring and entertaining, I try to watch the matches from streams usually :)

AC_Wesley 10-12-2006 21:31

People say that on http://www.voetbalinbeeld.nl/zondag.htm you can see most of the dutch matches.

Maandag = Monday
Dinsdag = Tuesday
Woensdag = Wednesday
Donderdag = Thursday
Vrijdag = Friday
Zaterdag = Saturday
Zondag = Sunday

milanissimo 11-12-2006 13:30

psv look very strong :)

Beemer 12-12-2006 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by milanissimo
psv look very strong :)

Yeah, and with our luck (or lack thereof), we'll draw them in the next round.

GreatKalu 13-12-2006 00:11

^^ Hope not. I'd rather face Porto or Celtic since PSV's solid at the back. There's a nice article on Van Gaal's Alkmaar on uefa.com:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEF...Id=490195.html

I haven't seen any of their games, but is AZ really rocking the Eredivisie as the article suggests?

Pipa 26-12-2006 14:57

Come on Feyenoord !!!

Kalac#16 26-12-2006 15:08

How good is PSV'S new manager, Guus Hiddink quit last year didn't he?
Talking to a few dutch people and few who follow dutch people, Sneijder's been on fire for Ajax, imagine how great we'd be with him and not Seedorf.

GreatKalu 12-01-2007 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gila#11.
How good is PSV'S new manager, Guus Hiddink quit last year didn't he?

Ronald Koeman (scored Barca's winner in the '92 UCL final) coached the Benfica side that eliminated then holders Liverpool from last season's UCL. Unless he's changed, he prefers a 4-3-3 system + stresses the point about being a tight unit. It won't be easy racking in the goals against PSV, thats for sure ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gila#11.
Talking to a few dutch people and few who follow dutch people, Sneijder's been on fire for Ajax, imagine how great we'd be with him and not Seedorf.

I also saw how his 'fire' was extinguished during the WC + Ajax's UCL qualifier. No, I think Clarence deserves a spot in the Dutch NT, not the other way round. Best Clarance replacement? ... Rosicky, hands down!

So, anyone care to comment on AZ? :)

Leia 12-01-2007 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtherchot
Ronald Koeman (scored Barca's winner in the '92 UCL final) coached the Benfica side that eliminated then holders Liverpool from last season's UCL. Unless he's changed, he prefers a 4-3-3 system + stresses the point about being a tight unit. It won't be easy racking in the goals against PSV, thats for sure ...

I also saw how his 'fire' was extinguished during the WC + Ajax's UCL qualifier. No, I think Clarence deserves a spot in the Dutch NT, not the other way round. Best Clarance replacement? ... Rosicky, hands down!

So, anyone care to comment on AZ? :)

I just clicked to ask about them. What cay you say about them? I know their coach for sure and I know they score a lot, while they conceed a lot too. I know Arveladze from his past experience in Turkey. But I need to learn a lot more about AZ since my team will play with them in the next UEFA Cup round.

GreatKalu 12-01-2007 17:50

^^ Sorry, haven't seen them play. They're a young side with a few experienced players + I think they moved (or will move) to a new stadium. Can anyone who's seen them comment on them?

Its a tough draw for Fenerbahce, but you shouldn't be too worried with a sure figure like Appiah in the middle. How's he playing this season?