The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan Matches (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Week 21: Brescia - Milan 24/01/2020 20:45 CET (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=15661)

joyrider 21-01-2020 09:26

Week 21: Brescia - Milan 24/01/2020 20:45 CET
 
https://www.eurotips.co.uk/wp-conten...n-eurotips.jpg

Continue the momentum

Thenebra 21-01-2020 09:37

Now how do you fit rebic, leao, samu and ibra?

4-2-4 is the way forward.

CDarius 21-01-2020 10:22

Dear Brescia brothers please give us the 3 points. Grazie

Milan2012 21-01-2020 11:31

Aaah the Dilemma del Pioli.
Wouldn’t be too surprised if he started Piatek with Rebic up front. Probably thinking; rest Zlatan who lacked end product, give Piatek minutes while he’s in form, start Rebic bc he was the Milan hero plus only played 45minutes, and bring in Leao later on as a super sub.
But then again it would be contradictory to drop Zlatan who’s a leader on the pitch, and dropping Leao after a good performance feels dirty. Maybe Zlatan and Rebic get their first starter partnership.
One things for sure, I wld hate to see Rebic not start or played out of position after two good showings up front.

Thenebra 21-01-2020 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan2012 (Post 3112878)
Aaah the Dilemma del Pioli.
Wouldn’t be too surprised if he started Piatek with Rebic up front. Probably thinking; rest Zlatan who lacked end product, give Piatek minutes while he’s in form, start Rebic bc he was the Milan hero plus only played 45minutes, and bring in Leao later on as a super sub.
But then again it would be contradictory to drop Zlatan who’s a leader on the pitch, and dropping Leao after a good performance feels dirty. Maybe Zlatan and Rebic get their first starter partnership.
One things for sure, I wld hate to see Rebic not start or played out of position after two good showings up front.

This is piatek in form?

No tnx.

Milan2012 21-01-2020 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenebra (Post 3112880)
This is piatek in form?

No tnx.



he did score and assist one last time he played. I prefer Zlatan but I don’t want the old man to burn out, season is still long.

Gacek 21-01-2020 11:41

Is there any reason not to play Zlatan-Leao up front?
Yeah, Zlatan failed once to score a goal vs Udinese - but do you still remember Piatek playing 1199 minutes with just one goal from open play?
Zlatan did a great job with holding the ball near the penalty box - a job Piatek just can't do.

For now it's Zlatan > Leao > Rebic >>> Piatek. With this hierarchy it'd be strange, not to say idiotic, to field a duo Rebic-Piatek in an important game. Don't get too cocky, scoring goals against SPAL reserves doesn't prove anything, against Brescia it will be much harder to perform. Too hard for some players I guess.

Milan2012 21-01-2020 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gacek (Post 3112882)
Is there any reason not to play Zlatan-Leao up front?

The reason is Rebic, he took his chance so he needs to be rewarded. You can’t not start the best player from our last game. Coaching101.

Gacek 21-01-2020 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan2012 (Post 3112883)
The reason is Rebic, he took his chance so he needs to be rewarded. You can’t not start the best player from our last game. Coaching101.

Yeah, that's why Rebic will start as LM and we'll play just like we played in 2nd half v/s Udinese. Again, there is no reason not to play with Leao-Zlatan in attack.

Milan2012 21-01-2020 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gacek (Post 3112884)
Yeah, that's why Rebic will start as LM and we'll play just like we played in 2nd half v/s Udinese. Again, there is no reason not to play with Leao-Zlatan in attack.



That’s a possibility in a 4222, but it would leave us so exposed it’s not even funny. Regardless, why would you play Rebic out of position when he outscored all our forwards playing central

Gacek 21-01-2020 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan2012 (Post 3112889)
That’s a possibility in a 4222, but it would leave us so exposed it’s not even funny. Regardless, why would you play Rebic out of position when he outscored all our forwards playing central

Mostly because he didn't - he scored both goals while changing positions with Leao. Same trick can work out against Brescia.

Milan2012 21-01-2020 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gacek (Post 3112890)
Mostly because he didn't - he scored both goals while changing positions with Leao. Same trick can work out against Brescia.



They can change all they want, neither of them tracks back and knows how to defend.
It would be a shame not to play Rebic near the goal where he shines brightest just for the sake of starting Leao.

fray 21-01-2020 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gacek (Post 3112882)
Is there any reason not to play Zlatan-Leao up front?
Yeah, Zlatan failed once to score a goal vs Udinese - but do you still remember Piatek playing 1199 minutes with just one goal from open play?
Zlatan did a great job with holding the ball near the penalty box - a job Piatek just can't do.

For now it's Zlatan > Leao > Rebic >>> Piatek. With this hierarchy it'd be strange, not to say idiotic, to field a duo Rebic-Piatek in an important game. Don't get too cocky, scoring goals against SPAL reserves doesn't prove anything, against Brescia it will be much harder to perform. Too hard for some players I guess.

I concur with this.

There's no need to try impede the chemistry that Leao & Ibra are rapidly developing for the sake of shoehorning a loan player into the side.

Rebic played well and took his chance last game, but it seems like he cannot play as a LM in a 442. It's too narrow for a player like him and we'd be quite open defensively on the left side considering Theo will surge forward and neglect his defensive duties.

Have Rebic as a super sub once again. Coming off the bench, he's the extra weapon we need.

Milan2012 21-01-2020 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by fray (Post 3112897)
Have Rebic as a super sub once again. Coming off the bench, he's the extra weapon we need.

You’re entitled to your opinions but I doubt that’s what Pioli chooses. It’s illogical and just plain out cold. He saved our skins and you would stick him to the bench.

Az. 21-01-2020 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenebra (Post 3112853)
Now how do you fit rebic, leao, samu and ibra?

4-2-4 is the way forward.


-----------------------------Ibra--------------------------
------------------Leao------------------------------------
---Rebic------------Bonaventura---- Bennacer-----------Samu
---Hernandez------Romagnoli-----Kjaer-----------------Conti
-------------------------Donnarumma--------------------------

It's the only position i see Jack doing well, and i'm willing to bet Pioli will want to play him. I'd much rather have a proper there, but we have none in our squad atm, and its not looking like we will actually sign anybody for that position.


Maybe if Suso fucks off, but i doubt it.

Polotelli 21-01-2020 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenebra (Post 3112853)
Now how do you fit rebic, leao, samu and ibra?

4-2-4 is the way forward.

Well you don’t necessarily start with them all

Thenebra 21-01-2020 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az. (Post 3112911)
-----------------------------Ibra--------------------------
------------------Leao------------------------------------
---Rebic------------Bonaventura---- Bennacer-----------Samu
---Hernandez------Romagnoli-----Kjaer-----------------Conti
-------------------------Donnarumma--------------------------

It's the only position i see Jack doing well, and i'm willing to bet Pioli will want to play him. I'd much rather have a proper there, but we have none in our squad atm, and its not looking like we will actually sign anybody for that position.


Maybe if Suso fucks off, but i doubt it.

Yes, this guy gets it.

Its not pretty but should be entertaining.

KujaIX 21-01-2020 14:10

To drop either Zlatan or Leao would be utter lunacy

Congo Powers 21-01-2020 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az. (Post 3112911)
-----------------------------Ibra--------------------------
------------------Leao------------------------------------
---Rebic------------Bonaventura---- Bennacer-----------Samu
---Hernandez------Romagnoli-----Kjaer-----------------Conti
-------------------------Donnarumma--------------------------

one midfielder formation, impressive

KujaIX 21-01-2020 14:40

If Pioli thinks he can accommodate Rebic at LM, then play him there. Otherwise, the only potential change should be Hakan over Bonaventura.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:08.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.