The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan Matches (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Week 14: Parma - Milan 1/12/19 15:00 CET (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=15622)

fray 25-11-2019 20:05

Week 14: Parma - Milan 1/12/19 15:00 CET
 
http://guidatv.sky.it/app/guidatv/im...101908_big.jpg

I see this as the game where the phrase 'results will come' will at last come into effect.

Obviously, as always, Parma at the Tardini is a tough and fiery encounter, but now that we're out of our tough-fixture-predicament, this should be the match where we finally take home the three points.

Forza Milan!

joyrider 26-11-2019 07:25

Bennacer should start.

fray 26-11-2019 11:30

Donnarumma

Conti
Musacchio
Romagnoli
Theo

Krunic
Bennacer
Calhanoglu

Suso
Leao
Bonaventura

433

Ronin 26-11-2019 18:04

Kucka will their our midfield apart. We need to buy him

Savo 26-11-2019 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by fray (Post 3098924)
Donnarumma

Conti
Musacchio
Romagnoli
Theo

Krunic
Bennacer
Calhanoglu

Suso
Leao
Bonaventura

433

replace Hakan with Paqueta and I like it

CDarius 26-11-2019 21:22

Lets remember they are one of the reason we didnt get CL with that stupid free kick.
3 points..we might turn something around from here. If not ...its gonna be hard

fray 26-11-2019 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savo (Post 3098973)
replace Hakan with Paqueta and I like it

Paqueta has been too incosistent since Pioli's arrival. Lacklustre performance last game against Napoli.

Goodfella 27-11-2019 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by fray (Post 3098993)
Paqueta has been too incosistent since Pioli's arrival. Lacklustre performance last game against Napoli.

If what he has shown under Pioli is inconsistent, then what he showed before Pioli was consistently shit.

He is showing improvements and Pioli seems to have found a suitable role for him.
Now is not the time to bench him just to use Hakan out of position.

fray 27-11-2019 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfella (Post 3098998)
If what he has shown under Pioli is inconsistent, then what he showed before Pioli was consistently shit.

He is showing improvements and Pioli seems to have found a suitable role for him.
Now is not the time to bench him just to use Hakan out of position.

Well, by showing some improvements, do you mean baby steps? I really fail to see what Paqueta brings to the table, I really do.

When he signed, I used to think that he was a goal threat and he'd prove to be effective in the final third, but he can't strike the ball properly, nor is he fast enough to drive the ball forward without killing all momentum. Sometimes, when he has the ball, I see him displaying some superfluous heel flicks, nutmegs, sombrero's and all that jazz. At some point... you'll have to ask yourself - what's the point? What sort of contribution is he giving to the team by showcasing Brazilian street football in Italy's top-flight? If it was Ronaldinho, OK... I'd understand, but then we're talking in another dimension because Ronaldinho was Ronaldinho and he'd do it effectively with a bursting speed.

In all fairness, Paqueta's repertoire of showboating skills would make him an excellent futsal player, but at the end of the day, a quite average footballer. In the club's current predicament, we need less of that, and more Krunic's.

For the record, I'm not a killjoy.

Hitchens 27-11-2019 15:33

We absolutely have to win this game. I'm at a loss for words these days and the only development needed is wins. Four in a row.

Top four is out of our reach unfortunately.

Alo88 27-11-2019 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by fray (Post 3099002)
Well, by showing some improvements, do you mean baby steps? I really fail to see what Paqueta brings to the table, I really do.

When he signed, I used to think that he was a goal threat and he'd prove to be effective in the final third, but he can't strike the ball properly, nor is he fast enough to drive the ball forward without killing all momentum. Sometimes, when he has the ball, I see him displaying some superfluous heel flicks, nutmegs, sombrero's and all that jazz. At some point... you'll have to ask yourself - what's the point? What sort of contribution is he giving to the team by showcasing Brazilian street football in Italy's top-flight? If it was Ronaldinho, OK... I'd understand, but then we're talking in another dimension because Ronaldinho was Ronaldinho and he'd do it effectively with a bursting speed.

In all fairness, Paqueta's repertoire of showboating skills would make him an excellent futsal player, but at the end of the day, a quite average footballer. In the club's current predicament, we need less of that, and more Krunic's.

For the record, I'm not a killjoy.

Paqueta ATM is a player that combines a 7,5 performance with a 4,5 performance in one single game. There are moments of shier brilliance where you can see that he has the first touch, the ball control, the composure and the vision only few players have (for example against Napoli the other day with his passes to Kessie or Conti). But he too has the tendency to be way too much in love with the ball, holding it too long and attempting dribblings where it is pure madness. Moreover he is too waistfull in front of the goal IMO.

That's the issue with him I guess. He's too inconsistent within the 90 minutes. But you can clearly see the huge potential during those moments he gets his shit together.

From our entire squad, I think he and Gigio are the ones with the biggest probability to become worldclass players worthy of playing in a CL winning squad. But potential alone won't bring Paqueta there. He's still a long road ahead of him.

Colossus 27-11-2019 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alo88 (Post 3099061)
Paqueta ATM is a player that combines a 7,5 performance with a 4,5 performance in one single game. There are moments of shier brilliance where you can see that he has the first touch, the ball control, the composure and the vision only few players have (for example against Napoli the other day with his passes to Kessie or Conti). But he too has the tendency to be way too much in love with the ball, holding it too long and attempting dribblings where it is pure madness. Moreover he is too waistfull in front of the goal IMO.

That's the issue with him I guess. He's too inconsistent within the 90 minutes. But you can clearly see the huge potential during those moments he gets his shit together.

From our entire squad, I think he and Gigio are the ones with the biggest probability to become worldclass players worthy of playing in a CL winning squad. But potential alone won't bring Paqueta there. He's still a long road ahead of him.

I think Paqueta really lacks the strength and athleticism to be a well rounded midfielder and he also lacks the acceleration and dribbling ability to be a wide attacker.

He does certainly hold the ball way too much and annoys the daylights out of me when he does it even when he has a simple pass to play. His long range passing is non existant and the power on his shots aren't great. Besides a flashy pass here and there and some good pressing and space appreciation I'm not sure he's a net positive for us as a starter.

In terms of potential, I see Donnarumma, Bennacer, Leao, Theo and Romagnoli as the ones with world class potential and in that order too.

Paqueta I really don't think has anywhere near world class potential but hopefully I'm wrong. If someone offered a fee of what we paid for him and we don't make a capital loss I'd bite their hand off and run straight to the bank tbh.

jurinius 28-11-2019 21:13

Paqueta should play upfront. Nothing to do as a midfield player. New Milan use players to fill missing holes.
Players should be positioned where they produce their best football.
Leao should play alongside Piatek. Maraventura or Hakaninho will not score everyday. And please don't tell me suso will be the phoenix for top 4 achievment.

Raghav 28-11-2019 23:27

Hoping to see a Samu - Piatek - Jack front three and hook Piatek off at HT if he’s being shit as usual. I have a feeling he’s gonna get a brace in this one though and hopefully start scoring regularly again .

Bennacer and 2 of krunic /Paqueta / Hakan in mf

Same defence.

Lets get a winning run going now since #JackIsBack :)

Goodfella 29-11-2019 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by fray (Post 3099002)
Well, by showing some improvements, do you mean baby steps? I really fail to see what Paqueta brings to the table, I really do.

When he signed, I used to think that he was a goal threat and he'd prove to be effective in the final third, but he can't strike the ball properly, nor is he fast enough to drive the ball forward without killing all momentum. Sometimes, when he has the ball, I see him displaying some superfluous heel flicks, nutmegs, sombrero's and all that jazz. At some point... you'll have to ask yourself - what's the point? What sort of contribution is he giving to the team by showcasing Brazilian street football in Italy's top-flight? If it was Ronaldinho, OK... I'd understand, but then we're talking in another dimension because Ronaldinho was Ronaldinho and he'd do it effectively with a bursting speed.

In all fairness, Paqueta's repertoire of showboating skills would make him an excellent futsal player, but at the end of the day, a quite average footballer. In the club's current predicament, we need less of that, and more Krunic's.

For the record, I'm not a killjoy.

You're not the only one disappointed in Paqueta.
I've criticized him throughout his time here, even when RnB were treating him as the next Brazilian phenomenon.
Rino fielded him in a deeper role than he could handle.
He looked even more out of depth at trequartista.


This "right attacking midfielder" role under Pioli seems to have the perfect balance between attacker and midfielder for him.
His performances are not good yet, he needs to improve in all aspects, but if he makes it here then it would be in this role or something similar.
What's promising about his last performances is that he's playing slightly quicker, lasting longer and he's getting into the right positions, although he really needs to learn to take his chances.
I think that's within his capacity.

leaf 29-11-2019 17:38

https://scontent.famm7-1.fna.fbcdn.n...9c&oe=5E84990C
Wow....what an uninspiring (forward) line :rolleyes:

Other than Theo, there's nobody who can push the ball and run.

I really hope Pioli knows what he's doing....that front three is all the reason the pro-Ibra camp needs to advocate for his immediate return

joyrider 29-11-2019 18:03

I really hope to get tickets for the match.
Fucking assholes are telling me it’s not available.

joyrider 30-11-2019 17:41

Parma has a lot of injuries. We should be able to get a win here.

Probable lineup vs. Parma (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessié, Bennacer, Calahanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Bonaventura [Sky]

Az. 30-11-2019 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyrider (Post 3099331)
Parma has a lot of injuries. We should be able to get a win here.

Probable lineup vs. Parma (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessié, Bennacer, Calahanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Bonaventura [Sky]

That's just sad. Good luck with the tickets!

Thenebra 30-11-2019 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyrider (Post 3099331)
Parma has a lot of injuries. We should be able to get a win here.

Probable lineup vs. Parma (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessié, Bennacer, Calahanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Bonaventura [Sky]

Thats the spirit joy!

[emoji28]


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:04.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.