The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Football (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   'Its just not cricket' - Vieri (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=2150)

juninho-paulista 16-11-2003 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerage.com
Vieri: I Want To Be A Cricket Pro
11/14/2003. Christian Vieri said that he has always dreamed of being a cricket professional.

"I would stop playing football right now if I could earn as much money playing cricket as I do with Inter," he said.
"I went to the Maldives recently and played cricket for the whole holiday".

Quote:

Vieri Would Quit Football For Cricket
11/14/2003. Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri has revealed he'd stop playing football if he was offered the same contract to play cricket.

The Australian-born Italian claims to have been a bit of an all-rounder at the sport during his school days.

"I would have loved to have been a cricketer," the 30-year-old told the official Champions League magazine.

"I was telling a friend last week, I would stop playing now to play cricket if I could get the same contract. I was a bit of an all rounder at school."

Hehe.. looks like more trouble for Inter :D

You cant really expect anything less, being brought up in Australia..

Another thing i read about this statement (which came from the UEFA magazine) in the Sydney papers was he said our own Gennaro Gattuso is also a fan of Cricket after his stint with Rangers in Scotland..

Rivaldo-11 16-11-2003 07:42

Cricket is a great game, but most of you wouldnt have a clue what we are talking about. England is the only European nation that plays, unless you count Scotland but they so bad they cant be considered yet/

savicevic10 16-11-2003 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivaldo-11
Cricket is a great game, but most of you wouldnt have a clue what we are talking about. England is the only European nation that plays, unless you count Scotland but they so bad they cant be considered yet/

Do you count scotland's football team? :D

ferruginouz 16-11-2003 08:02

Seems that every player who play for inter slowly become silly.... :tongue:

Cescania 16-11-2003 09:13

From previous games of Inter, Vieri expressed his unhappiness many times.

Melbourne 16-11-2003 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by juninho-paulista
Quote:

Vieri: I Want To Be A Cricket Pro
11/14/2003. Christian Vieri said that he has always dreamed of being a cricket professional.

"I would stop playing football right now if I could earn as much money playing cricket as I do with Inter," he said.
"I went to the Maldives recently and played cricket for the whole holiday".

Quote:

Vieri Would Quit Football For Cricket
11/14/2003. Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri has revealed he'd stop playing football if he was offered the same contract to play cricket.

The Australian-born Italian claims to have been a bit of an all-rounder at the sport during his school days.

"I would have loved to have been a cricketer," the 30-year-old told the official Champions League magazine.

"I was telling a friend last week, I would stop playing now to play cricket if I could get the same contract. I was a bit of an all rounder at school."

Hehe.. looks like more trouble for Inter :D

.. You cant really expect anything less, being brought up in Australia

Another thing i read about this statement (which came from the UEFA magazine) in the Sydney papers was he said our own Gennaro Gattuso is also a fan of Cricket after his stint with Rangers in Scotland..

He IS Australian. Cricket - Australia > World.

milan_my_love 16-11-2003 09:59

I doubt Vieri can fit in Aussie team.What about "Cricket Azzurri"???

juninho-paulista 16-11-2003 10:40

Quote:

Holland too. They play in the World Cup, im not sure if they have played tests yet.

scharatz 16-11-2003 13:35

well, i'm from england and i still find cricket a complete waste of time :rolleyes: i think it's sad that aussies have nothing better to boast of than a good cricket team :tongue: :D

and by the way, we're gonna roast you on saturday!!! :devilfir:

EEEEEEEEEEEEENNNGGGGLLLAAAAAANDDDD!!! :blackeye:

juninho-paulista 16-11-2003 14:20

Rugby...... urghhh.......... for the last month or two thats all ive heard about, and that compounds the fact ive been at an elitist rugby dominated school for the last six years.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And i hope the English beat the wallabies.. that would shut them the hell up. I woke up this morning to find headlines like "Magic Wallabies" etc. on the Sunday papers.. i wish i lived in Siberia.. :rolleyes:

btw Scharatz, i prefered your previous signature ;)

scharatz 16-11-2003 16:06

Quote:

btw Scharatz, i prefered your previous signature ;)

it will come back after the final ;) :D

Passion for *9* 16-11-2003 16:32

Whoever said it's a complete waste of time.... I agree ! :D Even watching paint dry is probably more exciting... :tongue:

mikez sheva7 16-11-2003 18:14

I think it's a shame that one of the best football players in the world comes out and says the only reason he's playing it is for the money. That is absolutely pathetic. No football fan should want to hear such a thing from someone considered to be a top footballer. A true shame to the sport.

K-J 16-11-2003 18:52

Quote:

Quote:

Holland too. They play in the World Cup, im not sure if they have played tests yet.

Yeah we rock! ;) :tongue: :D

Cricket? Isn't that the game that looks like baseball? Or hockey? or..?

DIAVOLETTA 16-11-2003 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferruginouz
Seems that every player who play for inter slowly become silly.... :tongue:

I agree with you completely, So Vieri would like to play cricket. What about Materezzi playing rugby. He is tall and a little skiny but according to his fouls he could be the number one in rugby. :D What do you think??

MookyRookie 17-11-2003 03:05

Inter players become silly if they play too long for this rubbish club...
its not news that Vieri is not the happiest with Inter, he should think about to change the team and not the sport... he only said because hes frustrated, no success with Inter, and sometimes, if u do a thing all day, everyday, always training, u get bored or frustrated, if the hard work dont pay out!!!!!!!

juninho-paulista 17-11-2003 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Whoever said it's a complete waste of time.... I agree ! :D Even watching paint dry is probably more exciting... :tongue:

Only the test form of cricket (5-day match) is that boring...

The one-dayers (day-nighters) actually are quite interesting to watch because the pace of the game is much faster and you get more reckless batting.

Melbourne 17-11-2003 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by milan_my_love
I doubt Vieri can fit in Aussie team.What about "Cricket Azzurri"???

no.. he cant, i cant believe u tihnk he woukld even get look in.

Melbourne 17-11-2003 10:36

Quote:

Quote:

No. Holland dont play test.

Test Nations.

Australia
New Zealand
England
India
Pakistan
Zimbawe
Bangladesh
South Afirca
Sir Lanka
West Indies

i feel like ive missed one :(

Melbourne 17-11-2003 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by scharatz
well, i'm from england and i still find cricket a complete waste of time :rolleyes: i think it's sad that aussies have nothing better to boast of than a good cricket team :tongue: :D

and by the way, we're gonna roast you on saturday!!! :devilfir:

EEEEEEEEEEEEENNNGGGGLLLAAAAAANDDDD!!! :blackeye:

Hey dickhead -

Australia 3 Enlgand 1
football

:)