The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now? (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=8831)

gaizka22 04-04-2007 06:22

Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now?

This thread is dedicated for all ex-Milan players. This can be applied to retired players or those already leaving Milan and currently play in different clubs. I'm not gonna merge threads on Desailly, Baggio or Sheva since they seemed to have a live on their own.

acerвιc wιт 04-04-2007 07:22

Well Sheva's massaging Abramovic's balls on a frequent basis.

Rex 04-04-2007 07:58

Ibrahim Ba - no idea where his current trail is. Last reported his contract was terminated by Swedish's Djurgardens IF and subsequently left the club in Januari 2006.

Tsar 04-04-2007 10:13

Ayala - currently contributing to the tightest of defences in Spain with Valencia.

Hassan 04-04-2007 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kороль
Ayala - currently contributing to the tightest of defences in Spain with Valencia.

Ayala vs Ronaldo!

http://argentina001.jeeran.com/Ayala%20&%20Ronaldo.jpg

do you remeber this match?

crazymilangirl 04-04-2007 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Paolo
Well Sheva's massaging Abramovic's balls on a frequent basis.

and rest of the time he is telling his kids how much he loves them....IN ENGLISH :eek:

anyway i'm wondering how rui costa is doin? anyone?
he left in the middle of the shevchenko fuzz and well i never found out how he is doing and to be honest i dont even remember the club he moved to.... :o

so anyone following him or knows what he is up 2?

radioactivenerd 04-04-2007 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymilangirl
and rest of the time he is telling his kids how much he loves them....IN ENGLISH :eek:

anyway i'm wondering how rui costa is doin? anyone?
he left in the middle of the shevchenko fuzz and well i never found out how he is doing and to be honest i dont even remember the club he moved to.... :o

so anyone following him or knows what he is up 2?

Rui moved to Benfica, his hometown club, tha the hes supported ever since he started following football.
He had a good start to the season, (scored in CL), but ended up with a knee ligement injury (i think) and missed most of the season. I think hes back now, but will not be a major factor in Benfica's season.
A pity - he was one of the most elegant and beautiful players to watch.

crazymilangirl 04-04-2007 14:50

^^ fanx mate, that sounds awful!! ah well, as long as he is happy i guess, fanx anyways for replyin :)

NobodyCares 04-04-2007 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioactivenerd
Rui moved to Benfica, his hometown club, tha the hes supported ever since he started following football.
He had a good start to the season, (scored in CL), but ended up with a knee ligement injury (i think) and missed most of the season. I think hes back now, but will not be a major factor in Benfica's season.
A pity - he was one of the most elegant and beautiful players to watch.

Yeah Rui was superb, i just have his poster and shirt put up in my room.

Beemer 04-04-2007 16:28

Two nights ago, FSC showed a closeup of Rui smiling in the dugout during Benfica-Porto highlights. That was pretty neat.

NobodyCares 04-04-2007 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
Two nights ago, FSC showed a closeup of Rui smiling in the dugout during Benfica-Porto highlights. That was pretty neat.

Rui was captaining the side for some time too na??

And yeah whats up with Rivera , Papin , and Baggio??

Pirlo Fan 05-04-2007 00:37

Quote:

Yup. I think he had just returned from injury

radioactivenerd 05-04-2007 00:46

Speaking of Ayala, he just had a phenomenal game agaisnt Chelsea. Was beaten for the goal, but pulled out a colossal late-match performance. Fantastic headers, good clearances. We should never have allowed him to leave. And by 'we' I mean Valencia. He really wasnt a patch of the player he is today when he was with us. not sure why, but hes definitely doing well.

On another note, yes Rui was captain. I hate the fact that I hardly saw him play at his best. While at Fiorentina, i could never see a game of theirs, and just saw him for a brief stint before kaka came over. Every time he scored though, every pass, every game was just elegant and a joy to watch. Best part of the Golden Generation, MUCH better than Figo IMHO. ;)

acerвιc wιт 05-04-2007 01:29

We miss Rui.

chuel 05-04-2007 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZD_Banana
Rui was captaining the side for some time too na??

i think baggio is coaching pirlo privately for free kicks?

http://www.robertobaggio.com/en/

gaizka22 05-04-2007 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZD_Banana

If not mistaken Rivera was in the parliament or was. I believe Papin moved too Bayern after his stint with Milan. A couple of years ago I remember there was a soccer game in honor if him. It was played in the Olympique Marseille's stadium (Velodrome?).

As for Baggio, we have a thread dedicated for him somewhere under Football in the forum. Pls check in out or even better, contribute something to it (can be in this thread or there :))

gaizka22 05-04-2007 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuel
i think baggio is coaching pirlo privately for free kicks?

http://www.robertobaggio.com/en/

Baggio hapenned to be one of Pirlo's idol. Pirlo was delighted when Inter loaned him to Brescia (season 00/01 if not mistaken). Baggio taught him a lot of things about freekick.

SouthClaw 05-04-2007 10:28

Quote:

yeah, it's great to see him happy with his home team. I remember reading that after he left benfica, he had a friendly against them and scored. Instead of celebrating, he started crying because that was the worst goal of his career.

radioactivenerd 05-04-2007 12:09

Rui Costa is desperate for Benfica to reach the semi finals of the UEFA Cup so that he can help lead the club to glory in Europe after a frustrating return.
Rui Costa Making Up For Los Time
zoom - galleria

The 35-year-old returned to his former club last summer after more than a decade in Italy with Fiorentina and AC Milan, but has had an injury-hit first season.

After dropping out of the Champions League, Benfica now meet one of this season's surprise packages in Espanyol and Costa is keen to make up for lost time.

"I am recovering as fast as I can but I am still looking to find my rhythm," he said.

"If we can pass this round and reach the semi-final I will have more time to recover and find my best form.

"That will allow me to help the team and hopefully we can go all the way and reach the final in Glasgow."

The thigh injury that has limited his appearances for As Águias, but he is ready to do what he can for the cause on Thursday evening.

"I am still not feeling 100 per cent fit and it's very difficult for players my age to recover from the injuries I have had," Costa continued.
"It would be stupid to say I can play the whole 90 minutes but I won't shirk my responsibilities.

"I will do my best to help the team, whether that is from the start or coming off the bench we will have to wait and see."

Costa admitted that he was impressed with Espanyol and knows that it will be a tough encounter in Barcelona.

"We know that Espanyol are a good team and that they have a lot of quality in attack," he added.

"Iván de la Peña is their best player in midfield - everything goes through him and we will have to be careful when we don't have the ball.

"We will try to get a positive result here in Barcelona which will hopefully give us a chance to progress to the semi-finals in front of our own fans in Lisbon."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: Forza Rui.
Lets hope Benfica can pull it off. Rui with a goal hopefully

Passion for *9* 05-04-2007 18:19

I certainly DON'T miss Rui Costa. He was never great @ Milan + went downhill quickly 2003. Our domestical slump starting in January 03, after we had been dominating Serie A until then, not only coincided with Rui's rapid loss of form but was more or less a consequence of it.