Dutch Eredivisie Thread

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just recently I noticed there wasn't a thread about this.

Anyway, talk Dutch football here. :)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I was going to make note of this at some point.

For those of us who don't have a favorite side in this league or live in the Benelux area, this league always presents a great stage for young players who will be in Italy, Spain, or England eventually. I have always followed this league with that keen type of eye, but also without getting to involved with team statistics. Many greats were playing playing in the Eredivisie while still popping zits and awaiting underarm hair growth. :D

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
I'm supporting PSV because of Carlos "Salcita" Salcido ;) :) :star:

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah! finaly there is a Eredivisie Thread :)

I live near Rotterdam so usualy you support a team that is near your house. but not me. PSV will be the Champions but i give Ajax a chance to win it too :cry: and poor ADO will go to 'Jupiler League ' (Jupiler league is the dutch Serie B)

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Rex said:
Looks like PSV are having safer path to be champions this season.
i agree,especially after win over ajax in amsterdam

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
I can see you guys are really interessed in the Eredivisie Thread :tongue:

so how will win? Ajax - AZ
i hope AZ wins this one :)

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
Most of the matches end with high-scoring results in Holland.
I think AZ will be the winner. 3-1 or 3-2 maybe :)

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
snn said:
Most of the matches end with high-scoring results in Holland.
I think AZ will be the winner. 3-1 or 3-2 maybe :)
Well, 2-2 is a high-scoring result anyway :D

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah and for my bets! Thanks to PSV + Feyenoord.
I actually like Dutch League's style, all the games are high-scoring and entertaining, I try to watch the matches from streams usually :)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How good is PSV'S new manager, Guus Hiddink quit last year didn't he?
Talking to a few dutch people and few who follow dutch people, Sneijder's been on fire for Ajax, imagine how great we'd be with him and not Seedorf.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Gila#11. said:
How good is PSV'S new manager, Guus Hiddink quit last year didn't he?
Ronald Koeman (scored Barca's winner in the '92 UCL final) coached the Benfica side that eliminated then holders Liverpool from last season's UCL. Unless he's changed, he prefers a 4-3-3 system + stresses the point about being a tight unit. It won't be easy racking in the goals against PSV, thats for sure ...
Gila#11. said:
Talking to a few dutch people and few who follow dutch people, Sneijder's been on fire for Ajax, imagine how great we'd be with him and not Seedorf.
I also saw how his 'fire' was extinguished during the WC + Ajax's UCL qualifier. No, I think Clarence deserves a spot in the Dutch NT, not the other way round. Best Clarance replacement? ... Rosicky, hands down!

So, anyone care to comment on AZ? :)

Leia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Ronald Koeman (scored Barca's winner in the '92 UCL final) coached the Benfica side that eliminated then holders Liverpool from last season's UCL. Unless he's changed, he prefers a 4-3-3 system + stresses the point about being a tight unit. It won't be easy racking in the goals against PSV, thats for sure ...

I also saw how his 'fire' was extinguished during the WC + Ajax's UCL qualifier. No, I think Clarence deserves a spot in the Dutch NT, not the other way round. Best Clarance replacement? ... Rosicky, hands down!

So, anyone care to comment on AZ? :)

I just clicked to ask about them. What cay you say about them? I know their coach for sure and I know they score a lot, while they conceed a lot too. I know Arveladze from his past experience in Turkey. But I need to learn a lot more about AZ since my team will play with them in the next UEFA Cup round.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Sorry, haven't seen them play. They're a young side with a few experienced players + I think they moved (or will move) to a new stadium. Can anyone who's seen them comment on them?

Its a tough draw for Fenerbahce, but you shouldn't be too worried with a sure figure like Appiah in the middle. How's he playing this season?

Leia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
^^ Sorry, haven't seen them play. They're a young side with a few experienced players + I think they moved (or will move) to a new stadium. Can anyone who's seen them comment on them?

Its a tough draw for Fenerbahce, but you shouldn't be too worried with a sure figure like Appiah in the middle. How's he playing this season?

So I know more about them. :D

Appiah is not as good as last season, he did not start good, well, now he is better I can say. We will be missing Kezman and Semih (also a forward) in the first leg(at home) , so we will have a problem with scoring. Also, we are missing our goalkeeper Rüştü, for some time now. He will not be playing this season I guess. He was injured in the international friendly against Italy, the ones who watched will remember. So, we rely on Appiah for sure and our defenders, Lugano, Edu. Also Tuncay shows himself in these kind of matches.

I watched them play against Kayserispor (another Turkish team) in the UEFA Cup first round match, Kayserispor could have easily qualified if they were not that much unexperienced, that was their first time in Europe ever. But that was only the beginning of the season, I can also recall the terrible games we had in the beginning of this season. I know they are much better in shape now.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Thank you :) How's Lugano?

All the best to your team ... but the question is still pending ... anyone have info on AZ?

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
just to let you know,i`ve put some money on Den Bosch win over Agovv :D :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Eredivise: Sneijder hat-trick boosts Ajax

Wesley Sneijder scored a hat-trick to inspire Ajax Amsterdam to a comfortable 4-1 win over arch-rivals Feyenoord in the Dutch league on Sunday.

After 23 matches, PSV Eindhoven are top with 56 points, despite their 3-2 home defeat against AZ Alkmaar on Saturday, five more then Ajax.

Alkmaar are third with 50, while Feyenoord remain fifth with 42 points.

Sneijder opened the scoring for Ajax after 19 minutes with a deflected free kick and doubled the lead 12 minutes later when he netted from close range from a pass by Ryan Babel.

Ten minutes before the interval Tom van Mul added a third and then Anelos Charisteas pulled one back for Feyenoord but four minutes before the final whistle Sneijder added his third.

Elsewhere, Vitesse Arnhem and NEC Nijmegen shared the points in a 1-1 derby draw. Roy Beerens opened the scoring for the visitors eight minutes into the second half but with 15 minutes remaining Mads Junker equalised.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=406704&cc=4716

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i like this ajax team :) ,sneider,emanuelson,babel,huntelaar :star: , bring them all at milan

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why -nearly- all the derbies end with big goal differences in Holland? Strange. :)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dutch prosecutors ask for 10-month sentence
Associated Press
Posted: 16 hours ago

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - Prosecutors have asked for a ten-month prison sentence for Russian national team coach Guus Hiddink who is accused of tax fraud, Dutch media reported Tuesday.

Prosecutors have alleged that Hiddinck evaded paying €1.4 million (US$1.8 million) in Dutch taxes during that period by claiming a tax home in Belgium when he was actually living in Eindhoven.

A spokeswoman for the national financial prosecutor's office could not immediately confirm the sentencing demand, reported by national broadcaster NOS.

Judges were expected to deliver a verdict in two weeks. The case is being heard in the central city of Den Bosch.

Hiddink coached the South Korean national team to a surprise semifinal spot at the 2002 World Cup before moving to PSV Eindhoven later that year. He coached Australia at last year's World Cup before taking up his current post in Russia.

Hiddink is in the Netherlands for Russia's friendly international in Amsterdam on Wednesday.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
PSV Eindhoven 1-5 Ajax: Ajax hit five past PSV

Ajax stunned PSV Eindhoven on Sunday by inflicting a crushing defeat on the league leaders at the Philips Stadion.

The outstanding win sees the Amsterdammers close to within five points of PSV at the Eredivisie summit, with just five games remaining in the campaign.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar fired the visitors into the lead inside 20 minutes while Wesley Sneijder doubled the advantage for Henk ten Cate's men a minute before the interval.

Patrick Kluivert reduced the deficit for the hosts midway through the second half, but a further strike from Huntelaar and two more from Garcia Gabri and Kenneth Perez sealed an emphatic win for the visitors.

The three points ensures Ten Cate's men climb into second place at the expense of AZ Alkmaar, who were held on the road at Heracles.

Ronald Koeman's PSV looked sluggish from the outset, and Ajax forward Ryan Babel gave a taster of what was to come with an excellent shot on eight minutes that flew wide of the upright.

Failing to heed that warning shot across their bows, PSV fell behind on 17 minutes.

Sneijder was the architect of the goal, surging forward before releasing Johnny Heitinga down the right wing.

The defender in turn picked out Huntelaar in space just inside the PSV box, and he made no mistake with a fine shot beyond Heurelho Gomes.

PSV looked to force their way back into contention on 22 minutes, but Edison Mendez was aggrieved to see his effort brilliantly saved by Maarten Stekelenburg.

Ajax's second goal came slightly against the run of play on 44 minutes.

The impressive Sneijder was the scorer, creating the chance out of nothing with a speculative effort from 25 yards that arrowed into the roof of the net.

And Edgar Davids might have made it three for the visitors right on half-time, but his powerful effort crashed back off the upright.

PSV clawed themselves back into things on 68 minutes when Kluivert played a delightful one-two with fellow substitute Diego Tardelli, paving the way for the former Barcelona man to score with a well-taken strike.

But just as it appeared PSV might snatch an unlikely point, Huntelaar popped up to restore the two-goal advantage with a clinical strike on 72 minutes.

Then, just 60 seconds later and with the home defence in seeming disarray, Gabri popped up with a fourth to send the travelling support into raptures.

Mendez might have snatched a second for PSV in the dying stages only to hit the post with a low drive, but the final word was destined to go to the visitors as Perez was played in by Tom De Mul in the final minute to complete the rout.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=199716&cc=4716