The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan Discussions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Milan's Transferseason round-up (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=9318)

MilanMarkus 31-08-2007 18:34

thanks Pirlo Fan, I enjoyed your analysis of the squad. It's a pity that the transfer period seems to end a bit dissapointing, but it could have been worse. At least we are unlikely to lose any of our key players.

BTW: you forget to mention Oddo, who I rate as one of our best defenders.

Pirlo Fan 31-08-2007 18:39

I was mostly looking at our flaws and downsides and how we can deal with them. Oddo is a plus.:D. He just needs to work on his crossing because he defends well and gets forward alot.

adrian_milan 01-09-2007 03:11

This transfer campaign has given us hope --> Pato ... Experience --> Emerson ....
Emerson is a good buy, consider he is not too expensive, experience in serie A, and a very reliable midfielder.
In other hand, Pato is also a good buy, he is talented, creative, and could sub Kaka, but I recommend not to give him too much pressure by expecting him to score 10 or 15 goals this season. He must be given time to develop.
I am very satisfied with Pippo in the pre season, I think Ronaldo and Pippo will be the dynamic duo this season...hopefully Gila will return to his form...I agree with Pirlo Fan...our backline are lacking for speed..we need an additional player for our backline...I was hoping our primavera team could contribute us a player or two this season...
Ahhh...I have a good feeling about this seasonnnn...hopefully it will come true...

GreatKalu 05-09-2007 18:46

Lately, we've broken it down to three policies:

a) An old-ish or rather 'experienced' player + drain every last bit of footballing he still has left.

b) A young talent who we'd attempt to groom into a world class player.

c) A maximum of two in each respective category per transfer window.

I was tempted to add a fourth - less than 20 million - but I remember G. saying the 'tax on wages' won't be an issue next summer. Something about us being able to compete with Spanish sides in the transfer market. Its probably me just being hopeful again, since he has enough time to figure out another excuse :rolleyes:

Pirlo Fan 05-09-2007 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtherchot
Lately, we've broken it down to three policies:

a) An old-ish or rather 'experienced' player + drain every last bit of footballing he still has left.

b) A young talent who we'd attempt to groom into a world class player.

c) A maximum of two in each respective category per transfer window.

I was tempted to add a fourth - less than 20 million - but I remember G. saying the 'tax on wages' won't be an issue next summer. Something about us being able to compete with Spanish sides in the transfer market. Its probably me just being hopeful again, since he has enough time to figure out another excuse :rolleyes:

Not having one of those in defence is going to hurt us.

Surfer 05-09-2007 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirlo Fan
Not having one of those in defence is going to hurt us.

Bonera ?
I rate I'm very high and he can add speed...

Also have good hope in Darmian

Pirlo Fan 05-09-2007 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kak√*_&_Gourcuff
Bonera ?
I rate I'm very high and he can add speed...

Also have good hope in Darmian

Bonera isn't that young. I rate him highly also but I was thinking more along the lines of 20-23. Daniele is already 26. And also, if you go back one page you can read my squad assessment. Our subs at fullback are limited to this season basically and can't even play more than 1 game in quick succession.

GreatKalu 05-09-2007 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirlo Fan
Not having one of those in defence is going to hurt us.

Yeah, it already is.

G. did mention us getting a Paolo replacement this past summer ... and I remember 'young' in his statement.

Its a tricky one for me. Defenders do rely on experience at these high levels. The ideal addition would be someone young who's already played some seasons at high levels. Similar to Nesta when we signed him. Someone like Mexes or Toure. They won't come cheap though. But just look at what an investment Nesta turned out to be ... worth every cent.

Besfort 05-09-2007 19:14

Milan also were tracking Kompany while he still was at Anderlecht... He reminds me Stam at his best.

MilanMarkus 05-09-2007 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtherchot
Lately, we've broken it down to three policies:

a) An old-ish or rather 'experienced' player + drain every last bit of footballing he still has left.

Haha, you wrote that down so well! I was exactly thinking the same.

Agreed, it would be nice if we see Bonera play more this season.

superbaim 05-09-2007 19:20

hey in the past 5 year(i mean after nesta) do we ever spend big buck for defender? we always spend big buck in striker gila,oli,and pato. i think this patern will continue.

GreatKalu 05-09-2007 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbaim
hey in the past 5 year(i mean after nesta) do we ever spend big buck for defender? we always spend big buck in striker gila,oli,and pato. i think this patern will continue.

It will until we find that elusive Shave replacement.

Since Nesta, we've brought in Cafu, Stam, Bonera, Janku (converted) and Oddo. Not sure on how much we spent on Cafu, but Oddo should be the most expensive @ ~10 million.

zZ[-_-]Zz 05-09-2007 19:55

Forza Milan...

GreatKalu 05-09-2007 20:03

^^ K ... made an error in my last post. Not Bonera, but Oddo was the most expensive ...

Besfort 05-09-2007 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtherchot
^^ K ... made an error in my last post. Not Bonera, but Oddo was the most expensive ...

Oddo costed us 7.750 Milions.
Stam costed us 10.500 milions
Bonera Costed 2.500 Milions.

Kaladze was also Expensive, Milan signed him from Dinamo Kiew for 18 Milions.

GreatKalu 05-09-2007 20:21

Oh well ... so much for my memory on expenditure :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for the info Besfort. How much did we get Janku for? I recall something in the range of 5 million ...

Besfort 05-09-2007 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtherchot
Oh well ... so much for my memory on expenditure :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for the info Besfort. How much did we get Janku for? I recall something in the range of 5 million ...

Exactly 8.500 Milions. Not Expensive... he is playing very good this season and had a great last season also.

GreatKalu 05-09-2007 20:34

^^ That would be a good deal in my books.

So then, in the last five years, we've spent least on our midfield - assuming Rui was acquired beforehand. But we probably invested much right before then ... any idea how much we acquired Gattuso, Pirlo and Clarence for?

Besfort 05-09-2007 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtherchot
^^ That would be a good deal in my books.

So then, in the last five years, we've spent least on our midfield - assuming Rui was acquired beforehand. But we probably invested much right before then ... any idea how much we acquired Gattuso, Pirlo and Clarence for?

Seedorf was the best signing... he came as a Exchange for Francesco Coco.
Gatuso was 9 Milion and Pirlo 17.5 Milion.

At this team we have right now, the most expensive player that Ac Milan bought is Inzaghi for 40.9 milion Euros, then Comes Nesta for 30.5 milons etc..

superbaim 06-09-2007 02:39

our first team player mostly came with considerably not expensive price,dida,janku,pirlo,rino,kaka,sedorf,and oddo.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:45.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.