The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan Discussions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Milan's Transferseason round-up (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=9318)

Tsar 14-07-2007 11:17

It seems to me that Milan's transfer strategy is old fashioned - like its usual targets. Milan still go down the old school route of taking their time pondering over a signing, probably trying to grind down the asking price, when in truth all it does is allow other suitors into the frame which at worst causes Milan to lose the player, (like Suazo), or at best jack up the price, (Gilardino).

But thats just not how bussiness is done these days, Man Utd are the best example of this. In previous seasons Ferguson and the old administration there used this method, which lead to them missing out on Ronaldinho to Barcelona, and paying way over the odds for the players they did manage to sign. But now they have by in large changed tact, got in early and moved deals along as quick as possible. Which has got them the players they wanted, for a price that is acceptable. Barca have done the same thing, Milito- £12m, Toure- £6.5m, Abidal- £9.5m, Henry- £16m. Then look at Real Madrid, who sat about and were slow off the mark, they ended up paying 30M for Pepe alone. In the present market I think you've got to be quick to be competitive, which Milan certainly isn't, hence why there have been so many disasters for Milan in recent seasons.

menon_inc 14-07-2007 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsar
It seems to me that Milan's transfer strategy is old fashioned - like its usual targets. Milan still go down the old school route of taking their time pondering over a signing, probably trying to grind down the asking price, when in truth all it does is allow other suitors into the frame which at worst causes Milan to lose the player, (like Suazo), or at best jack up the price, (Gilardino).

But thats just not how bussiness is done these days, Man Utd are the best example of this. In previous seasons Ferguson and the old administration there used this method, which lead to them missing out on Ronaldinho to Barcelona, and paying way over the odds for the players they did manage to sign. But now they have by in large changed tact, got in early and moved deals along as quick as possible. Which has got them the players they wanted, for a price that is acceptable. Barca have done the same thing, Milito- £12m, Toure- £6.5m, Abidal- £9.5m, Henry- £16m. Then look at Real Madrid, who sat about and were slow off the mark, they ended up paying 30M for Pepe alone. In the present market I think you've got to be quick to be competitive, which Milan certainly isn't, hence why there have been so many disasters for Milan in recent seasons.

I dont think i agree with you on that. I remember reading some interview a month or so ago with Berlu son who claimed that Galliani is actually doing a good job+tried signing players but Berlu kept pulling the plug on the deals. I also read last week that Milan had deals agreed for Ribery+Toni but Silvio decided to pull the plug on the move. I guess his main target has always been Sheva+Ronaldinho with E'to being the next on the line. There are new reports that came out this week that claim Milan will make a 80 million bid for Ronaldinho and Sheva is having talks with Roman about coming back to Milan. Well if both this deals go trough, Berlu would have met his transfer objectives in the same way Fergie and the others did. Is it something we are all excited and happy with? Probably not but we have done well over the last 5 years or so and have been the most consistant team in europe during that period. I guess they will stick with the same policy till something bad happens.

GreatKalu 14-07-2007 13:25

I find it hard to comprehend exactly what our management's stand is. But I cannot disagree with Tsar here because he has stated facts.

They say they are carefully weighing their options, yet are ready to seal a deal with Suazo over 'dinner' (the matter being brought up there + then itself apparently) without the player's consent - hardly careful by any means.

They feed us stories about their supposed star targets, yet are quick to mention them beyond their financial capacities. What looks like undecided tendencies don't bode well with the fact that there is room for improvement in our squad + our options are being decreased by the day.

I only hope that, with Oil's departure, we get a decent enough striker for cover, and that Ronaldo has a fantastic season, as well as Gila and Gourcuff. Frankly, as in the poll, I've been disappointed too often recently to hope.

Wild 14-07-2007 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by menon_inc
I dont think i agree with you on that. I remember reading some interview a month or so ago with Berlu son who claimed that Galliani is actually doing a good job+tried signing players but Berlu kept pulling the plug on the deals. I also read last week that Milan had deals agreed for Ribery+Toni but Silvio decided to pull the plug on the move. I guess his main target has always been Sheva+Ronaldinho with E'to being the next on the line. There are new reports that came out this week that claim Milan will make a 80 million bid for Ronaldinho and Sheva is having talks with Roman about coming back to Milan. Well if both this deals go trough, Berlu would have met his transfer objectives in the same way Fergie and the others did. Is it something we are all excited and happy with? Probably not but we have done well over the last 5 years or so and have been the most consistant team in europe during that period. I guess they will stick with the same policy till something bad happens.

all what u said lead 2 the same conclusion that our transfer policy is crap.
G doesn’t have the balls 2 stand up 4 B + obviously both doest know what should b done since Ribery wont fit into A plans + a defender & a LB should b a priority.

We all watched Barca last season & we all noticed they need 2 reinforce their backline more than anything & that’s exactly what they v been doing over 2 seasons : Zambrotta – Thuram – Melito – Abidal……………..
@ least they know their weakness & @ the end they will solve it while we live in the la la world & we can never solve a problem that we don’t even know it exist even if we struck lucky from time 2 time.
Having a good transfer plan that fail is much better than having a crap plan that go lucky coz @ the end good planning will prevail luck.

Lately Milan v done more bad transfers than good & that’s a fact no matter if we signed players we want or not.
A good transfer plan = buying players that do u good regardless if u win or not.
A good season = winning regardless if u have a good transfer plan or not.
My point is even if Milan won the CL their transfer plan was crap since most they recent signing failed.
And here we r arguying about transfer plans & not good or bad seasons.

DugiNesta 14-07-2007 18:15

We don't need any, CB, Left back or Midfielder.
Not some expensive right back wouldn't be so bad, knowing that Cafu may leave this season and Oddo can have some injury, we could need one. We don't need a Left back cause for that postion we have, Janku wich amaze me with his games last season and with Serginho which can be a good sub sometimes and Kala. And I can't understand some that want our midfield to change :rolleyes: That was what bring us glory last season.

I wanted Saviola I adored that guy, I wanted him more than Eto'o. But I don't know why Milan didn't sing him, they didn't even asked more him. He's gonna have a great season at Real. Barca will regret that they let him go. Now after Saviola is not avaliable anymore. I want Sheva back, he knows better than anyone how to play in Mian.

But anyways I believe our menangment. They said they'll get a big name this summer and I believe that Berlu will get one.

gahanthegod 14-07-2007 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DugiNesta
I want Sheva back, he knows better than anyone how to play in Mian.

Hey, wasn't he a traitor?

gahanthegod 14-07-2007 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by teis
I don't know about you, but those players were called old like 3 seasons ago. And when I see them play games like the one vs Man Utd, I don't care. That's how football should be played, and if you can play like that I don't care how old you are

Count me 5 big games we've played decently and won this season.

Man. Utd is an unique match. Winning that game doesn't change the fact that our defense's average age is 31,5.

They were old 3 years ago, but now they're 3 years older. LOL.

We definitely need reinforcements in every area except the midfield.

DugiNesta 14-07-2007 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by snn
Hey, wasn't he a traitor?

Yeah but he's the only solution.

gahanthegod 14-07-2007 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DugiNesta
Yeah but he's the only solution.

LOL, but once I thought that "There's no place in Milan for traitors". :D

DugiNesta 15-07-2007 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by snn
LOL, but once I thought that "There's no place in Milan for traitors". :D

Better with him than with anyone, eh ?

acerвιc wιт 15-07-2007 00:17

We just need a second striker. Atleast that. It's the minimum. We have shit loads of depth in the defense line and midfield. Considering we didn't make a concrete offer for Tiago its inevitable that Gourcuff is going to be tested in Pirlo's role.

For people who are saying sign a CB... wake up for FFS. We have about 4 or 5 solid options Internationals and ex-Internatioanls.

gahanthegod 15-07-2007 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DugiNesta
Better with him than with anyone, eh ?

That is for sure, but I was just referring to your inconsistent thoughts about Sheva, which we'll see on every member of this forum if Sheva returns. Everyone here who has insulted Sheva will eat their words.

Good, when he plays for us. Bad, when he leaves us. Bah.

Beemer 15-07-2007 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_il_diavolo
Real had won 3 UCLs from 98-02 but still went out and spent money on Beckham, Owen and Co. ... i am not saying Milan should do the same but hoping B+G would want to fill the little holes...

And what did Real win during the Beckham/Owen era, besides one measly La Liga title? Zippo. Four years later, we have the World's Most Famous Wigger and Bimbo Spice on our shores now. Thank you, Calderon.

albion tifo 15-07-2007 02:13

We need a striker and a left back. Janku isn't for us and Serginho lost his dynamism. The point is what we can get for the moment. Its only Sheva and Zambrotta avaliable for the moment I guess. Maybe we can solve something for future and that is Pato.It isn't all to our old fashioned managment to blame for our poor activities in market. Transfers are compared with gambling. Who would believed in 04' than old Cafu and young Kaka will do that impact for us.They was our major signigns after we get champions league.

rosso_neri 15-07-2007 03:18

a mistake in letting Oliveira go....mark my words

Beemer 15-07-2007 05:55

No, it wasn't. He was never going to fit into our system, and he had ample opportunities to do so.

Italian Tsar 15-07-2007 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosso_neri
a mistake in letting Oliveira go....mark my words

I am afraid you'll be proved right only if he comes back to Serie A with another club and sets the league ablaze. I can't see that happening, but it may.

rosso_neri 15-07-2007 08:50

la liga top goalscorer for zaragoza

roy_il_diavolo 15-07-2007 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
And what did Real win during the Beckham/Owen era, besides one measly La Liga title? Zippo. Four years later, we have the World's Most Famous Wigger and Bimbo Spice on our shores now. Thank you, Calderon.

I mentioned that any such Galactico signing wasnt needed here.

Best of Luck to you and ur fellow countrymen.... it wont be easy tolerating his face everyday on both the celebrity/sports channels/papers. :D

I am not exactly sure but the classical definition of a bimbo was goodlooking+stupid.... victoria is UGLY !!!!

Tsar 15-07-2007 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by menon_inc
I dont think i agree with you on that. I remember reading some interview a month or so ago with Berlu son who claimed that Galliani is actually doing a good job+tried signing players but Berlu kept pulling the plug on the deals. I also read last week that Milan had deals agreed for Ribery+Toni but Silvio decided to pull the plug on the move. I guess his main target has always been Sheva+Ronaldinho with E'to being the next on the line. There are new reports that came out this week that claim Milan will make a 80 million bid for Ronaldinho and Sheva is having talks with Roman about coming back to Milan. Well if both this deals go trough, Berlu would have met his transfer objectives in the same way Fergie and the others did. Is it something we are all excited and happy with? Probably not but we have done well over the last 5 years or so and have been the most consistant team in europe during that period. I guess they will stick with the same policy till something bad happens.

Well its basically what Wild said, regardless of who the targets are and how close Galliani gets to signing them - the end result of the "policy" as a whole doesn't pull it off. So transfer targets good or bad aren't coming through - which will lead to late/inflated/overrated panic buys.

Some might be saying the squad is pretty much fine as it is and that the management are doing alright on the market because we don't need reinforcements. Well thats bollocks, anyone who watched Milan's performance in Serie A last season can't fail to notice that the squad was left lacking in all 3 outfield departments. If it wasn't then why has the very same management been trying to sign defenders, central midfielders, attacking midfielders and strikers? I don't think there is any doubt that the management have identified Milan's weaknesses, even though at times it seems they haven't acted on them. But you don't attempt to sign Abidal on whim - so they like me conclude a defender is needer. You don't try and sign Riquelme, Tiago, Edmilson, Motta, Ribery & Emerson on a whim - again they have concluded that a midfielder is needed. And you certainly don't try and sign a striker like Suazo, Milito, Toni, Fred, Henry, Shevchenko, Eto'o & Drogba on a whim - which once more identifies this department as needing replenished by the management.

The argument about the transfer policy is not about wether signings are needed, there is consensus on that with most fans and the management. Its about how effective that policy is on obtaining the needed signings - and based on current events that policy has failed - so far not a succesful deal in all of those many targets, most already signed for another club or commited themselves to their current one.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:49.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.