Neymar

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Neymar
FULL NAME: Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior
DATE OF BIRTH: 5 Feb 1992
PLACE OF BIRTH: Mogi das Cruzes
TEAM: Santos
NATIONALITY: Brazil
HEIGHT: 174 cm.
WEIGHT: 54 Kg.
POSITION: Striker
SQUAD NUMBER: 7
ESTIMATED VALUE: Expensive

Neymar2.jpg

Milan Keeping Tabs On Santos Ace Neymar – Report
The young Brazilian forward, who is rated as having as much potential as anyone, could move to the Rossoneri in the summer, however, Barcelona are also watching the player...

Apr 2, 2009 10:08:57 AM

Milan are keeping an eye on prodigious Santos hitman Neymar with a view to signing him.

The Santos player is regarded highly in Brazil. The legendary Pele recently stated that Neymar could become better than he was.

Sportmediaset.it claims Milan are following the ace closely but they will need to play a high stakes game in order to force a possible transfer through. Reports suggest Santos want €30million in exchange for their man. Neymar is currently tied down to a contract that expires in 2014. But voices in Italy suggest a €20m offer from Milan should be enough for all parties to agree a deal.

Neymar, who plays as a second striker, is similar to Pato. He is strong and has pace in abundance. Milan will be keen not to let this talent slip through their fingers. Barcelona are keen on him and thus Santos will likely hold out for the highest bidders.

Although there is plenty of interest from around Europe, the player’s agent, Bruno Misorelli, is pushing Neymar to Milan.

"He [Neymar] has plenty of personality and he could play brilliantly alongside Pato," Misorelli told Sportmediaset.it.

"It will not be easy to take him away from Santos, however, Neymar is worth gold and he is thinking about playing in Europe."

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...ilan-keeping-tabs-on-santos-ace-neymar-report

Apparently Leonardo scouted him back when he was a scout for Milan rather then a coach. He looks like an excellent prospect and has only just turned 18. There is interest from pretty much all the big clubs, but his agent has already pushed him towards Milan. Hopefully we can snatch him away just like we did with Pato!

Last edited:

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

Crazy eh? He is only 18 and probably still growing, besides he can be easily bulked up though with intensive training, take Valencia of Manure for example.

Before:
0,,10429~5727710,00.jpg

After:
manutd7_350x475_856027a.jpg

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Apr 2, 2009 10:08:57 AM ...Its not a old/one time/fabricated story at all:rolleyes:

P.S: the mods should open a non Milan players section if were going to have a thread on everyone's dream signing .

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Apr 2, 2009 10:08:57 AM ...Its not a old/one time/fabricated story at all:rolleyes:

P.S: the mods should open a non Milan players section if were going to have a thread on everyone's dream signing .

Is that the criteria for thread creation? I didn't realize. Although there was an Article On him at.Milannews today, this one had more information.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hands down biggest talent outside of europe right now. gotta watch him to see he will be world class but i don't think he'll move anytime soon.

Robinho has been doing us a favor saying DON'T go to England (even though man city and chelsea r hot on him). his dad also has a huge influence and doesn't want him to move so young.

Brazilian wonderkid Neymar is ready to take Robinho's advice and snub a move to Chelsea or Manchester City.
Neymar

His future's still up in the air: Neymar looks set to stay with Santos despite interest from Chelsea and Manchester City

The 18-year-old, who has been backed by Pele to go to the World Cup finals this summer, is reluctant to leave his homeland at such a young age after being told to stay put by the City loan star and his own father.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-Manchester-City-Chelsea.html#ixzz0ivBfEOhg

This could definitely be a kid who if milan is willing to pay they have huge inside edge cause of family atmosphere, treatment of pato, leo etc. etc. My guess is hell go to barca though and probably not this summer

Fantasista

Beginner
Reaction score
Not only him, but a lot of Santos kids are giving wonderful performances but I think it's too soon to bet on a move to Europe.

We have to remember he's been playing mostly against low sides. The Brasileirão haven't started yet!

Last year he did pretty well in the Brasileirão but nothing absurd. This year he raped a lot of teams, but I'll only consider him on par with what the media say when he show a performance like these against sides like Flamengo, Internacional, Gremio etc.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, he's very good but the media is annoying comparing him to Pele(like they did with Robinho) and trying to lobby him to the WC. It's just too soon to drop him in Europe.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not only him, but a lot of Santos kids are giving wonderful performances but I think it's too soon to bet on a move to Europe.

We have to remember he's been playing mostly against low sides. The Brasileirão haven't started yet!

Last year he did pretty well in the Brasileirão but nothing absurd. This year he raped a lot of teams, but I'll only consider him on par with what the media say when he show a performance like these against sides like Flamengo, Internacional, Gremio etc.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, he's very good but the media is annoying comparing him to Pele(like they did with Robinho) and trying to lobby him to the WC. It's just too soon to drop him in Europe.

The problem with waiting is that as soon as he puts in a quality performance against one of those teams his price will sky rocket out of Milans reach :(

Fantasista

Beginner
Reaction score
i Agree ! So Buy Him Now, Go Thru What We Did To Bring Pato, So He'll Play In January 2011

Problem is that right now people are already talking about huge amounts of money, so we're screwed anyway :(

I would agree if was the case like Inter's Philippe Coutinho and Arsenal's Wellington Silva. They were bought before even debuting on first team for cheap, and now that they debuted we can see that they are great, especially Coutinho the sunzabitch is a beast and gonna be one hell of a nuisance to us.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
fantasista, waddya think of 'ganso' paulo henrique????

@Alexandro Pato and SENSACION7....

he'll be best to buy after brasiliero. There is no way he can increase his price. No way santos would sell him under 20 mil now and i doubt he can increase his value much more, only hurt it. Every kid who shines in paulista seems to get huge tag and while some impress, think bout lulinha, douglas costa and loads other who faded.

You either get them REAL young like countinho or rafael/fabio at man utd or maybe this rodrigo ely we just got or you just have to wait. Neymar is Santos' 'cash cow' for better or worse

Fantasista

Beginner
Reaction score
Ganso is great. Got some killing passes(Technique + vision), has a good sense of positioning and wins a lot of balls in the air. He can run but usually plays in a slower pace looking for empty spaces to deliver the ball and is quite agile. another thing that draws my attention is that even thought he looks skinny he's quite strong.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
yeah the little i've seen of ganso i don't see 'the next rivaldo' really.... but he seems like an awesome talent who would fit perfect in serie A behind strikers in like a 4-3-1-2. The way he plays seems prototypical to italian league....Waddya think?

Fantasista

Beginner
Reaction score
I think he would do fine on Serie A. He knows how to split a defence with his passes and doesn't drop like a fly with any charge. He's objective and clinical. and by the way Santos sometimes plays a 4-3-3 and he do fine.

I certainly wouldn't mind a:

------Pato-------
Dinho------Neymar
-----Ganso------

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

------Pato-------
Dinho------Neymar
-----Ganso------

he can play that deep? Thought he was only an attacking playing. Yeah apparently milan were linked to him a bit last summer... seems he could slip under radar price wise cause neymar gets all the hype

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I think he would do fine on Serie A. He knows how to split a defence with his passes and doesn't drop like a fly with any charge. He's objective and clinical. and by the way Santos sometimes plays a 4-3-3 and he do fine.

------Pato-------
Dinho------Neymar
-----Ganso------

Who is Ganso?

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Who is Ganso?

He is a Brazilian playmaker for Santos FC, he was one of the youth product of Santos FC, his full name is Paulo Henrique de Lima.

IMO, he is not that player that we need, even though he is a prospect player but he has not that category of mastermind who can left the team in hard time.

fazrulx2n

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, kaka, gattuso
he looks ugly :head:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Would love him Milan, but the hype has been so big for so long now that he's gonna be way overpriced.

He's really so overhyped that he looks destined to ruin his career at Real Madrid.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He is a Brazilian playmaker for Santos FC, he was one of the youth product of Santos FC, his full name is Paulo Henrique de Lima.

IMO, he is not that player that we need, even though he is a prospect player but he has not that category of mastermind who can left the team in hard time.

That same thing people said about kaka compared to ronaldinho or others. Ganso is a quality young player who'd help the team.... so is neymar. Either r welcome IMO

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
That same thing people said about kaka compared to ronaldinho or others. Ganso is a quality young player who'd help the team.... so is neymar. Either r welcome IMO

Not agree with you, kaka in Sao Paulo has already been identified as mastermind in the field due to his unstoppable support to Rogerio Ceni, Julio Baptista and Luís Fabiano.

But that is not all, his persistence, perseverance and efforts and solutions in the hard times "with Sao Paulo" are the features that Ganso has not been showed in his games as Kaka did!

in other words, Kaka has identity in Sao Paulo while Ganso do not, maybe in the coming time he would express himself more, no body knows, time will tell.

Fantasista

Beginner
Reaction score
A Santos chairman stated today that they are receiving scouts and calls from a lot of teams from France, Spain and Englang to watch their boys, the main targets are Neymar, Ganso, Wesley, André and Madson.

He said they plan to keep'em for 2 more years but also said that by contract they can be freed for 35 million(neymar) and 50 million(Ganso). the others we'rent mentioned.

He commented that the chelsea bid for Neymar was on and Real want him too, also that Milan scouts consulted Ganso recently

The source is in Portuguese:
http://globoesporte.globo.com/Espor...A+VILA+E+DIRETORIA+ADMITE+PERDER+ATLETAS.html

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He commented that the chelsea bid for Neymar was on and Real want him too, also that Milan scouts consulted Ganso recently

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Espor...A+VILA+E+DIRETORIA+ADMITE+PERDER+ATLETAS.html

saw that too, don't know how anyone can say he's not good enough. Lots of talent perfect fit for serie A. Neymar gets the hype though (rightfully so)

50 mil is a joke, lol....

“I don’t want to play for Manchester City. I’d prefer to play for a big club in Europe such as Milan [presumably AC], Real Madrid or Barcelona” said the 20-year-old to Globo Esporte.

Anyway i'll take your word on him... he seems good enough and i like fact he's tall, strong on ball and knows how to use his head (on top of skills)

Geez if milan got him (and dzeko) to go w/ pato, ambrosini, silva even ronaldinho... talk about most dangerous set piece/cross team

(BTW he mentions rafael toloi who milan r linked to as 'nesta replacement')

Last edited:

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
saw that too, don't know how anyone can say he's not good enough. Lots of talent perfect fit for serie A. Neymar gets the hype though (rightfully so)

50 mil is a joke, lol....

Anyway i'll take your word on him... he seems good enough and i like fact he's tall, strong on ball and knows how to use his head (on top of skills)

Geez if milan got him (and dzeko) to go w/ pato, ambrosini, silva even ronaldinho... talk about most dangerous set piece/cross team

(BTW he mentions rafael toloi who milan r linked to as 'nesta replacement')

Yeah, I've hear we've been linked with this Toloi guy, is he decent?

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
A Santos chairman stated today that they are receiving scouts and calls from a lot of teams from France, Spain and Englang to watch their boys, the main targets are Neymar, Ganso, Wesley, André and Madson.

He said they plan to keep'em for 2 more years but also said that by contract they can be freed for 35 million(neymar) and 50 million(Ganso). the others we'rent mentioned.

we do not want to buy the whole team just ganso so please tell me when u find his price not for all the players in the squad