The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan Discussions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Milan's Transferseason round-up (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=9318)

fiume_1987 08-07-2007 19:06

Well, I am really pleased that there are many Milan fans who are really optimistic about our transfer campaign and team's success next season. I'm not...
It's rather obscure to compare our non-existent transfer policy (or "the waiting game") to Manchester United or Barcelona. I may be wrong but I think that Ferguson signed all those great players to make his team STRONGER then they were last season. I may be wrong on this too, but I hope that the goal of our managment is to make AC Milan, current champions of Europe, STRONGER then last year. Because, that's what smart teams do - reinforce your squad even if you achieve success. I really think that with current squad we can't defend the european title and enter into a serious championship race with Inter, but hey - we already signed Ba and another phantom striker (I could place a bet that would be Cassano) will come, so everything is just - super.

Punish 09-07-2007 02:58

do we really sign Ibrahim BA??? omg :head:

GTG

Spartan 09-07-2007 03:32

Our indecisiveness is letting good players slip right through our fingers. Hopefully it's a front or something Galliani and the management have up their sleeves. Milan's known to work privately...hopefully it's just that again..

Milan4Life 09-07-2007 04:50

i too am sick of this... every season... ive been holding this in for so long... we are going to get ___ we are going to ____ and then nothing ever happens... we get players like oliviera who didnt do anything... and we let players go like crespo... what is wrong with this management... honestly... go for a star whos in his prime, not a mediocre person like cassano who has played very limited the past year... whats the point?

Milan4Life 09-07-2007 05:02

sorry to double post but i cant just keep it all in... this is exactly what we do... we find fillers... well im sick of god damn fillers... sign someone who is coming in to start... it doesnt have to be a big name for christ sake... kaka wasnt and hes awesome and he came in to start... find someone to start not someone to sit around and only play in coppa italia and the second legs of games that we are winning 4-0... the only way you win is to make your starting 11 better. you do that first and then you fill in your bench

kakarulez 09-07-2007 14:01

I'm officially confused. The same people who are critisicing us for not playing our youngsters are also demanding we buy more players!

The management have already said they are going to buy a striker, esp with Oli leaving. So, we are covered there. In midfield, we have pirlo, seedorf, kaka, gattuso,brocchi, Ambrosini, Gourcuff and lastly at definately the least, Ba. That is 8 mids. Perhaps 1 more would be good, but i'll say we're still good there. If we bring in another quality midfielder, like what most people seem to want, when is Gourcuff ever going to get his chance which we all were calling for him to get. The same goes for defence.

We need to allow our players games to improve. We can't just buy players who are already at their prime, which somes clubs do(eg. Chelsea and Real) And look at where these clubs have ended up? They're acheivements in the last few years is not even comparable to ours. You can't have a team with too many stars( eg Brazil) cause they simply won't gel. You have to have a mixture of growing(gourcuff), those who have just reached their prime(kaka') and experience(Ronaldo). We have a good team, a good transfer policy(besides last year, which i think will prove to be a one-off thing) a good management.

Just look at what gattuso said,"Kaká is and will remain a symbol of our team. We are about to begin a fantastic league season, more competitive, where everyone will start at the same level. Our secret? The management, the structure of the club which follows all its players closely and sees to it that every player is in the best conditions to give their all for the club."

Gatorbasu 10-07-2007 23:42

Should we benchmark Management Team's Performance??
 
How should a club's management team be rated ??

Should we rate them on how many stars are they able to bring in the club by signing star players or by winning championship??

My answer will be BY WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS. Should have put that out as a poll question.

Should we be called as bad supporters if we still celebrate winning CL with OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives)??

OR

Shold we be critical of our management team (in spite of consistently doing good in CL) since they are deploying the same OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives) ??

Is it a fault to stick behind the same old and slow players who are bringing you trophies or should we dump them on the basis of their age but not on the basis of the result ??

I am asking because I am confused !@#%$!

Surfer 11-07-2007 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorbasu
How should a club's management team be rated ??

Should we rate them on how many stars are they able to bring in the club by signing star players or by winning championship??

My answer will be BY WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS. Should have put that out as a poll question.

Should we be called as bad supporters if we still celebrate winning CL with OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives)??

OR

Shold we be critical of our management team (in spite of consistently doing good in CL) since they are deploying the same OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives) ??

Is it a fault to stick behind the same old and slow players who are bringing you trophies or should we dump them on the basis of their age but not on the basis of the result ??

I am asking because I am confused !@#%$!

Brilliant post :D

Milan is the best team in the world for the past 5 years.
Milan managment knows what they are doing, and we only get the news from the press.

Did anyone really knew that Man Utd was going to buy both Nani and Anderson before the deal was maid ?

We don't know what the managment is doing, the only thing you can do is hope and trust them.

Besi 11-07-2007 21:15

We still didnt buy any player .. and the news coming from season ticket holders is pleasing..

36.000 already .. ( official site ) .. we will reach 41.000 for sure .. wich is record I think right ?

Surfer 12-07-2007 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Besi
We still didnt buy any player .. and the news coming from season ticket holders is pleasing..

36.000 already .. ( official site ) .. we will reach 41.000 for sure .. wich is record I think right ?

If we get Ronaldinho, then season tickets will fly over the bench ( at least that's what I hope)

roy_il_diavolo 13-07-2007 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorbasu
How should a club's management team be rated ??

Should we rate them on how many stars are they able to bring in the club by signing star players or by winning championship??

My answer will be BY WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS. Should have put that out as a poll question.

Should we be called as bad supporters if we still celebrate winning CL with OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives)??

OR

Shold we be critical of our management team (in spite of consistently doing good in CL) since they are deploying the same OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives) ??

Is it a fault to stick behind the same old and slow players who are bringing you trophies or should we dump them on the basis of their age but not on the basis of the result ??

I am asking because I am confused !@#%$!

Good Post.

Real Madrid have won LaLiga.(first trophy in four years) Have they sat back ? New coach, new signings.

Man U have had an amazing season. Cup final, UCL semis, League Winners. They went out and bought 4 new players.

Barca had one bad season after 3 brilliant seasons. BAD = joint on points with the League champions. they went out and bought the best Left back + one of the best strikers + other good players.

The people here asking for new signings (like me) are not criticizing the team + are proud of what they achieved. But we didnt exactly have the perfect season. This is a never-ending cycle. We wont be competing against the same old players next season. They have all stepped up a level. Shouldnt we ?

teis 13-07-2007 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_il_diavolo
Good Post.

Real Madrid have won LaLiga.(first trophy in four years) Have they sat back ? New coach, new signings.

Man U have had an amazing season. Cup final, UCL semis, League Winners. They went out and bought 4 new players.

Barca had one bad season after 3 brilliant seasons. BAD = joint on points with the League champions. they went out and bought the best Left back + one of the best strikers + other good players.

The people here asking for new signings (like me) are not criticizing the team + are proud of what they achieved. But we didnt exactly have the perfect season. This is a never-ending cycle. We wont be competing against the same old players next season. They have all stepped up a level. Shouldnt we ?

Madrid won their league, for the first time in 4 years.
Man Utd won their league, also their only trophy. And did they win anything last year?

We've won the CL, and we were consistent for at least the last 5 years. Let's see Madrid and Man Utd do that!

Italian Tsar 13-07-2007 12:21

Poll added and thread stuck.

ACMCEAR 13-07-2007 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kak├*_&_Gourcuff
Good deals take time

What good deals.....we arent even close to anyone.....all press keep talking and talking about how many strikers are linked with Milan......Pato, Cassano, Adriano.....considerin the awful campaign in last year's Serie A (and plz stop the injuries, points deduction excuses) we seriously need some fresh blood in this team.......and as someone alrdy pointed is seriously stupid how Inter, Bar├ža and Madrid are engaged in battle for at least three excellent players, but apparently no1 in this team have heard about Chivu, Milito, Malouda, Abidal.....we need a striker, a fantastic one, not just another Oliveira.....and seriously Billy retired, sooner Capi will prolly retire and what we have to replace him in a long term? Bonera? we could have bought Chivu or Milito but i dont know why we dont even bother in place a bid for any of the stars in the current transfer window........

Now we are apparently going to overspend in an unproven kiddo as Pato is....ya, our "transfer policy" is rlly sad

fiume_1987 13-07-2007 19:48

Quote:

Madrid won their league, for the first time in 4 years.
Man Utd won their league, also their only trophy. And did they win anything last year?
We shouldn't show so much self - indulgence over this CL trophy. Milan haven't won anything for two succesive seasons prior to this last success. Scudetto is an impossible dream for three years now. So we also have things to be concerned with, not bother with Man Utd. or Real's problems...
I agree we should enjoy being the european champions and we can be proud of the team that they pulled it off, but this one trophy can't justify our passive transfer policy in a situation when we seriously need to secure more quality and squad depth.

P.S. When we won CL 2003. we signed Cafu and Kaka and marched to the scudetto triumph following season 03/04 when Ancelotti's Milan was IMO the best club in the world (too bad about La Coruna, though :(

milanissimo 13-07-2007 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiume_1987

P.S. When we won CL 2003. we signed Cafu and Kaka and marched to the scudetto triumph following season 03/04 when Ancelotti's Milan was IMO the best club in the world (too bad about La Coruna, though :(

and you have forgot Pancaro, no matter what he had a great season

roy_il_diavolo 14-07-2007 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by teis
Madrid won their league, for the first time in 4 years.
Man Utd won their league, also their only trophy. And did they win anything last year?

We've won the CL, and we were consistent for at least the last 5 years. Let's see Madrid and Man Utd do that!

Very smartly u forgot to mention anything about Barca :D ... oh well.... did we just forget that in the 04-05 season + the 05-06 season...we won at about NOTHING !!! Just bcoz we have a trophy this year...we sit back and enjoy... Real had won 3 UCLs from 98-02 but still went out and spent money on Beckham, Owen and Co. ... i am not saying Milan should do the same but hoping B+G would want to fill the little holes...

teis 14-07-2007 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_il_diavolo
Very smartly u forgot to mention anything about Barca :D ... oh well.... did we just forget that in the 04-05 season + the 05-06 season...we won at about NOTHING !!! Just bcoz we have a trophy this year...we sit back and enjoy... Real had won 3 UCLs from 98-02 but still went out and spent money on Beckham, Owen and Co. ... i am not saying Milan should do the same but hoping B+G would want to fill the little holes...

Forgetting to mention Barca, I didn't even do that on purpose :)

Anyway, we did get to the CL quarter finals or even semi finals(?) these last 5 years. And I must say I really enjoyed the football we played these last few years.

What I can't say about any other team.

gahanthegod 14-07-2007 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by teis
Forgetting to mention Barca, I didn't even do that on purpose :)

Anyway, we did get to the CL quarter finals or even semi finals(?) these last 5 years. And I must say I really enjoyed the football we played these last few years.

What I can't say about any other team.

But the main factor that made you enjoy our football, whom we call players, are getting old and should be replaced.

teis 14-07-2007 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by snn
But the main factor that made you enjoy our football, whom we call players, are getting old and should be replaced.

I don't know about you, but those players were called old like 3 seasons ago. And when I see them play games like the one vs Man Utd, I don't care. That's how football should be played, and if you can play like that I don't care how old you are


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:37.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
┬ę2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.