Cristian Zapata Thread

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Kinda premature, but who cares, he has been one my dream Milan signings for a long time......

Full name: Cristián Eduardo Zapata Valencia
Date of birth: September 30, 1986 (age 24)
Place of birth: Padilla, Colombia
Height: 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
Playing position: Centre Back

MILAN - The Milan desperately seeking a central defender who can catch his breath every now and then to the holders In this and Thiago Silva, and it seems that the player has identified suitable Zapata. The major problems which have suffered from the Rossoneri last season were in defense, especially when In this was forced to the infirmary. Only a very compact set of tactics Allegri has avoided disasters allowing Rossoneri triumph in the league too, But the security that the Milan showed with In this in command of the defense had other than when in the field down the various Yepes the Sokratis. For this Galliani and Allegri decided one reinforcement at the department also set back to avoid the heartache of last season.

The number one goal to serve as the deputy of the two central holding is therefore of Zapata’Udinese that could soon become only for AC Milan 10 € million or so. Indeed Zapata is out of contract in 2012 that can get rid immediately lower figures than its actual value, club through Turati therefore decided to lunge imminent, the boy would be very willing to transfer to AC Milan even though Well will seek to monetize than with his usual. However, in this case, the owner of the club can really just Friulano. In short, the Milan is ready for the first purchase of this in a nutshell transfers, after arriving on a free transfer of Mexes and Taiwo.

BRING HIM HOME B&G!!!

:D

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
If we dont sign Sakho, bring him in.

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
not saying he's bad but if i'm not wrong didn't he stop develope as a player?

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Nesta, Mexes, TS, Yepes and Zapata? Doesn't make sense.

Maybe for 12/13 season when Nesta and Yepes are gone.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko

yeah sure

by that time he will probably plays for inter / juventus

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

Zapata's contract ends next season, and you can bet that there will be a lot of competition to sign him then. I think the management is trying to avoid this by signing him early while at the same helping Udinese benefit. Plus Mexes is out injured till September/October and we have no idea how long he will take to get back to top form. And I think Yepes will be used more in a Favalli role given his age...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Zapata's contract ends next season, and you can bet that there will be a lot of competition to sign him then. I think the management is trying to avoid this by signing him early while at the same helping Udinese benefit. Plus Mexes is out injured till September/October and we have no idea how long he will take to get back to top form. And I think Yepes will be used more in a Favalli role given his age...

Favalli got a lot of playing time in his last year IIRC. :tongue:

I don't know, we'll see what happens. But I doubt that we'll get him this summer, just doesn't feel like something Milan would do. We usually pack the offence with many quality players, not the defence.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Favalli got a lot of playing time in his last year IIRC. :tongue:

I don't know, we'll see what happens. But I doubt that we'll get him this summer, just doesn't feel like something Milan would do. We usually pack the offence with many quality players, not the defence.

Well it has been pretty obvious for a while now that we arent exactly done with our defensive signings, and that we are especially looking for a CB. Maybe Mexe's injury has a part in it, but would you really complain if we get Zapata?

Zapata > Mexes imo...

And considering how injury prone our CBs are, having Zapata might not be such a bad idea after all. I would trust him more to lead the defense in the absence of TSilly and Nesta than Mexes for sure...

Also Zapata would allow us to use TSilly in the midfield if we are faced with another injury crisis...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Well it has been pretty obvious for a while now that we arent exactly done with our defensive signings

It has? I must have totally missed that.

but would you really complain if we get Zapata?

Nope, definitely not. I just don't think it'll happen. But if you say we're looking for a CB then I don't know.

And considering how injury prone our CBs are, having Zapata might not be such a bad idea after all. I would trust him more to lead the defense in the absence of TSilly and Nesta than Mexes for sure...

TS isn't injury prone, neither is Mexes I believe. And Yepes doesn't get enough playing time to be counted.

Also Zapata would allow us to use TSilly in the midfield if we are faced with another injury crisis...

This argument is irrelevant, that injury crisis was a freak accident that happens maybe once every season.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Fooled by a Fodder A talent. Never again.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I like this player a lot. Have been watching him for quite a while now and this isn't the first time he has been linked with us actually. He is the Chilean version of Thiago Silva and is definitely better than mexes. But unless TSilly learns how to organize defenses (which comes from experience) I wouldnt want to see a Silva-Zapata combo. But if he is up for grabs for cheap then i dont know what G is waiting for (maybe eu spot?). He is miles ahead of Astori.

Inside Italy transfer. He can be non-eu as much as he wants.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Udinese are in CL this year. I can't see them giving up their best central defender.

If best case scenerio is that the two clubs have an unwritten/verbal agreement for us to have first crack at signing him before all other teams.

His speed and positioning are really good, its his strength that is cause for concern if anything. With Silva, Nesta, & Mexes here to learn from & at only 24 years old...he definatley will improve and has a chance to be an excellent CB.

Last point - If he has a good to above average CL campaign his price will jump by about 2.5 to 3 times what it is now.

I've watched this guy for a long time...management should GRAB HIM!!!

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I like this player a lot. Have been watching him for quite a while now and this isn't the first time he has been linked with us actually. He is the Chilean version of Thiago Silva and is definitely better than mexes. But unless TSilly learns how to organize defenses (which comes from experience) I wouldnt want to see a Silva-Zapata combo. But if he is up for grabs for cheap then i dont know what G is waiting for (maybe eu spot?). He is miles ahead of Astori.

Colombian you mean...

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Really, who's that girl? It only one girl on every pictures, right? Who is she?

MilanMB is a good poster. But i havent read a single word he has written since that sig:lol:. such a shame , lol.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Zapata would be a great signing.
The only problem is his consistency.
But imagine the pairing of Silva and Zapata.
Scary, very scary. both fast and athletic.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
great potential this guy has, and he been a very primising player in all those yrs

we should realy REALLY get him in, or let him sign a pre contract so he joins us,when his contact runs out at udinese

and yepes could help his compariot to settle in at the club

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zapata. Yes please. He will solve many issues in the team.

1. He's only 24 and was the league's second best CB according to many experts. Him in means, once Nesta retires, we won't have to worry about finding a replacement then.

Silva/Nesta/Zapata/Mexes/Yepes - Best CB combo in the world.

2. The guy can play as a fullback on both the sides too . With our CB depth we can easily play him as a replacement for Abate or Taiwo if either one is missing due to injuries/suspensions. With Zambrotta also capable of playing in the both flanks as a substitute

our fullback line up will be

Abate/Taiwo/Zambrotta/Zapata (with both the subs capable of playing both sides which is great).

This means 1). No Maxwell 2). Bonera,Oddo, Antonini - all the fodder defenders can leave in 1 single Galliani moment of genius.

And AC Milan will have a defensive lineup of Abate, Silva, Nesta, Taiwo, Zapata, Mexes, Zambrotta, Yepes (8 quality defenders with 0 fodder players which will be a first in many many years).

Get it done G !!!!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Fuck ! Get him !!! Fuck Astori... He's shit :( ZAPATA FTW !!! :star:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
would be a good signing if we do get him. However we'd b so stack at CB i dont see him playing too many minutes for a least a season

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
He is a very good defender so... Galliani get him... Yepes, Nesta and Zambrotta will all probably leave at the end of the season... Maybe Nesta stays one year longer, but i doubt it... Then we would have Silva, Mexes, Zapata, Taiwo, Abate all left... We buy a new defender, upgrade Ely to the 1st Team... ZAPATA IS THE SHIT !!!

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Read that Arsenal and Milan are currently interested in him and either party wants to deal before the Copa America because his price is likely to go up after. I hope we try at the very least.

diavoli7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Pirlo Cafu Ambrosini Nesta Gattuso Kaka Silva Pato Rivaldo Essien
yes yes yes great purchase. silva will obviously keep his starting spot, and we need a player who can take over after nesta in a year, yepes also has a year, and mexes will recover by preseason but will probably struggle for a while after that to recover full mobility and speed.

if zapata comes he can be 3rd cb and allow nesta to be rested often to keep him injury free and at his best, with only a little drop in quality, nesta is still a supreme leader in defence and his anticipation is as good as ever but he's lost a couple of steps. it will improve the understanding between silva and zapata and hopefully make silva more of a leader for 2013 season.