Marco Fassone Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Officially the new CEO (after the 'closing'). Not sure why people have chosen to ignore his appointment, especially seeing as 90% of this forum wanted Galliani gone for quite some time now.

Sky Sport ‏@SkySport Aug 11
#UltimOra, @acmilan: ufficiale l'ingresso in società di Marco #Fassone. Sarà direttore generale e amministratore delegato. #SkySport
AC Milan to appoint former Inter, Juve general manager Marco Fassone
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/ac-milan/st...ventus-chief-marco-fassone-as-general-manager
i

He is yet to appoint a new sporting director i.e. a transfer guru, but we've already been linked with a few names. Galliani will apparently be offered a role as a consultant, but he's likely to reject that and get an important role in the Lega.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I think his role here will be similar to his role in Inter. Very professional and focused on the transition period. He will oversee the transfer of shares, he will hire all the key positions, he will put the right guy in charge of player transfers..

Then once the structure is in place, he may take charge of one aspect of the club (maybe the stadium project) or perhaps move on to a different job.

Either way, Fassone's role will be crucial and I think he's good at it.

The way he framed his job while at Inter:
I had the full responsibility of the club till August 2014. In that period I managed the sale process of the majority of the shares from the Moratti family to Mr. Erick Thohir, and I was in charge for the whole refinancing of the club in 2014.
Starting from August 2014 I became responsible for Sports, Stadium and Communication, and I had the responsibility to rebuild the first squad in compliance with the Financial Fair Play rules. In 2015 market sessions the following players joined the team: Shaquiri, Brozovic, Podolski, Miranda, Murillo, Kondogbia, Jovetic, Ljiaic, Melo, Telles.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ for what it's worth, Inter were never healthy for Financial Fair Play. They're still suffering today from that mercato where he took charge in. Look at how many of their star players were left out of their EL squad for this season because of that.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I assume Fassone's job was to define exactly how much they could spend, negotiate with UEFA to get more included in that, structure it over years and pass it on to Thohir. The decisions later on whether to sign a player or not would've rested with Thohir and later, Suning.

Same could happen with Milan of course.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Welcome....be good pls.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Rossoneri TV people frequent the forum?
Gio / Adamo ?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maxresdefault.jpg

CryYbM0XgAEN5GP.jpg:large

The transfer team

Eh there's already a Fassone thread. Merging this.

And why do you have a picture of Costacurta there? Do you think Costacurta is Mirabelli?

Last edited:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Eh there's already a Fassone thread. Merging this.

And why do you have a picture of Costacurta there? Do you think Costacurta is Mirabelli?

What? :lol::lol::lol:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man like pubes

would not surprise me

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol: Please let that be his nickname.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol: Clearly better. Bacon :proud:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Llllloolllll!!!

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Pubes u needed entire day to come up with that reason? Try again

General