The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan Discussions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   AC Milan Stadium (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=12650)

RollingPapers 04-08-2011 15:22

AC Milan Stadium

Are we going to build a new stadium for us? Or is Inter going to leave San Siro and build their own?

ToonInvader 04-08-2011 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePk911 (Post 1061516)
Are we going to build a new stadium for us? Or is Inter going to leave San Siro and build their own?

I think there are negociations running for co-owned stadium for 2016 : the city of Milan + both Milan clubs.

Dont know what's the situation though...

Jasper 04-08-2011 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToonInvader (Post 1061526)
I think there are negociations running for co-owned stadium for 2016 : the city of Milan + both Milan clubs.

Dont know what's the situation though...

Wasn't inter gunning for their own stadium? Waiting for a bill to pass in the parliament?

sanzen 04-08-2011 16:06

many teams are waiting on this bill to allow teams to own their stadiums. it will benefit the league, not exactly sure why it hasnt been implimented before. Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

benjamin 04-08-2011 16:11

Why do some clubs need to wait for bill to be passed in parliament? And juventus gets their stadium right away?

RollingPapers 04-08-2011 17:40

Yea why does Juve get their stadium?

zio_fester 04-08-2011 21:59

i would never want milan to go away from san siro. only a person who has never been on san siro could want a new stadium.

Gio 04-08-2011 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by zio_fester (Post 1061718)
i would never want milan to go away from san siro. only a person who has never been on san siro could want a new stadium.

Absolutely 100% agree. I've been to many top European stadiums including nou camp and westfalen stadion and the San Siro just has something special about it that nothing else will ever, ever match. I'd even prefer watching Inter there over any other stadium in Europe, it's just that good.

zio_fester 04-08-2011 22:41

1926... :) nice avatar pic giova :)

Gio 04-08-2011 22:47

1926??? And thank you, I never saw him myself but just seeing how he played when on form was mesmerising, could've been one of the best ever if he had the right mentality, looks like he could out-dribble maradona!

jackATTACK 05-08-2011 01:46

the least that can be done to the stadiums is to have them renovated because they've been the same since the 50's :fp: those stadiums are soooo old and something needs to be done about that

zio_fester 05-08-2011 01:53

1926 - that's how old our san siro is :) 85 years, huge collection of memories :) Yeah man, he had something, something that drove you crazy to watch him. Just one in a billion thing, that is so rare and you can find only in certain players. Pure talent! It's like a combo of Robben + Zidane. Il genio !

Goodfella 05-08-2011 02:26

The thing that bothers me with San Siro is the colors of the seats. It would be really awesome if all the seats were bright red like Emirates or Wembley. The orange, green and blue seats makes it look unfresh.

But this won't happen as long as we're sharing it with Merda.

Dominate 05-08-2011 03:20

we dont need a new stadium, just revamp the San Siro into the 2000's

Az. 05-08-2011 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominate (Post 1061855)
we dont need a new stadium, just revamp the San Siro into the 2000's

Im not in the construction business,but from my limited knowledge i know that the costs of revamping the SanSiro would make no sense financially,and we could build a new stadium for that money.

Well not exactly that money,but lets say add another 20% to what would cost to revamp and you have a new stadium.

benjamin 05-08-2011 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az. (Post 1061895)
Im not in the construction business,but from my limited knowledge i know that the costs of revamping the SanSiro would make no sense financially,and we could build a new stadium for that money.

Well not exactly that money,but lets say add another 20% to what would cost to revamp and you have a new stadium.

I dont see how revamping it would cost that much. Please explain.

necromancer 05-08-2011 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az. (Post 1061895)

How, really? Revamping should not include much tearing down. The issues with the San Siro are mostly - Access, Bad seats and the lack of other developments attached to the stadium.

I don't think the historic facade of the stadium should be changed at all - it might not look as glamorous as the Allianz Arena or Juve's stadium after renovation, but revenue-generation is the point, not looking pretty.

Az. 05-08-2011 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer (Post 1061910)
How, really? Revamping should not include much tearing down. The issues with the San Siro are mostly - Access, Bad seats and the lack of other developments attached to the stadium.

I don't think the historic facade of the stadium should be changed at all - it might not look as glamorous as the Allianz Arena or Juve's stadium after renovation, but revenue-generation is the point, not looking pretty.

Thats actually exactly the whole point.You need the stadium to look pretty to attract people.Now do i think the notion is stupid?Yes i do.Do i think people are stupid and fickle?Same answer.

You cant just trow around 20 shops around the San Siro and expect great revenues like the Alianz Arena gets and so on.

necromancer 05-08-2011 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az. (Post 1061920)
Thats actually exactly the whole point.You need the stadium to look pretty to attract people.Now do i think the notion is stupid?Yes i do.Do i think people are stupid and fickle?Same answer.

You cant just trow around 20 shops around the San Siro and expect great revenues like the Alianz Arena gets and so on.

Actually I dont think the 'looking pretty to attract people' notion is stupid, but that's another discussion. Leave that aside.

It's not 20 shops around the San Siro that we are talking about, that already exists. In new stadiums, the model is to build an attached shopping center with ample branding space, within the stadium. The superstructure will have to be expanded for this, and access will have to be tremendously improved.

Aesthetics is hardly an issue here actually - People are attracted to new stadiums because it's comfortable going there, they are safe, and they give you a more complete experience - which includes shopping, dining and so on.

San Siro has enough aesthetic appeal to cut the threshold as far as that is concerned. That is why I said the priority should be to provide the experience rather than improve the looks. The facade is good-looking already. Which is why it will be much cheaper to renovate the stadium.

Az. 05-08-2011 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer (Post 1061926)
Actually I dont think the 'looking pretty to attract people' notion is stupid, but that's another discussion. Leave that aside.

It's not 20 shops around the San Siro that we are talking about, that already exists. In new stadiums, the model is to build an attached shopping center with ample branding space, within the stadium. The superstructure will have to be expanded for this, and access will have to be tremendously improved.

Aesthetics is hardly an issue here actually - People are attracted to new stadiums because it's comfortable going there, they are safe, and they give you a more complete experience - which includes shopping, dining and so on.

San Siro has enough aesthetic appeal to cut the threshold as far as that is concerned. That is why I said the priority should be to provide the experience rather than improve the looks. The facade is good-looking already. Which is why it will be much cheaper to renovate the stadium.

And you think expanding the core structure of the San Siro is going to be cheap compared to a new one?Btw the 20 new shops around the San Siro line was just an expression,i know we already have merchandise boutiques around.

I was talking about restaurants and so on within or annexed to the San Siro if were talking expanding.