Milan Shortlist Four Strikers

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
The Rossoneri need to purchase an attacker in the January transfer market considering the poor finishing record of its strikers, including newly purchased Brazilian Oliveira.

zoom - galleria Adriano Galliani and Silvio Berlusconi are currently working on what players to bring during the January transfer market in order to strengthen the side, especially in the offensive department which has been quite poor in this early part of the season.

For this reason, the Rossoneri’s club has shortlisted four strikers from which to purchase one during the next transfer market in about a month and a half.

The four players are Budan of Parma, Corona of Catania, Rigano of Messina and Bianchi of Reggina.

If in the case of Corona and Rigano, the age might be a problem, considering that both players are over the 30-year-old mark, then Budan and Bianchi might be the ideal candidates since they are still quite young and quite on form according to the first few matchdays of the season.

More will be known in the next weeks as the Rossoneri will press for one of these players to be able to lure them to the club in January.

--www.goal.com--

Now these players do seem like realistic targets. Igor Budan is a very good player and its just a matter of time before he begins to star for the Croatian National team.

Corona was from Catanzaro ;) and is on fire at new promoted Catania, though he is on the wrong side of 30.

Rigano is a reknown marksmen. Absolutely carved up Serie B whilst at Fiorentina though last season had a quite one due to not getting many starts. However, this season down at Messina he has found his goal scoring touch and is currently leading the goal scoring charts.

Bianchi is one of Italy's young guns who going well at Reggina.

I would like to see Budan purchased even if it is till the end of the season with an option to purchase him post season.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
The Rossoneri need to purchase an attacker in the January transfer market considering the poor finishing record of its strikers, including newly purchased Brazilian Oliveira.

zoom - galleria Adriano Galliani and Silvio Berlusconi are currently working on what players to bring during the January transfer market in order to strengthen the side, especially in the offensive department which has been quite poor in this early part of the season.

For this reason, the Rossoneri’s club has shortlisted four strikers from which to purchase one during the next transfer market in about a month and a half.

The four players are Budan of Parma, Corona of Catania, Rigano of Messina and Bianchi of Reggina.

If in the case of Corona and Rigano, the age might be a problem, considering that both players are over the 30-year-old mark, then Budan and Bianchi might be the ideal candidates since they are still quite young and quite on form according to the first few matchdays of the season.

More will be known in the next weeks as the Rossoneri will press for one of these players to be able to lure them to the club in January.

--www.goal.com--

Now these players do seem like realistic targets. Igor Budan is a very good player and its just a matter of time before he begins to star for the Croatian National team.

Corona was from Catanzaro ;) and is on fire at new promoted Catania, though he is on the wrong side of 30.

Rigano is a reknown marksmen. Absolutely carved up Serie B whilst at Fiorentina though last season had a quite one due to not getting many starts. However, this season down at Messina he has found his goal scoring touch and is currently leading the goal scoring charts.

Bianchi is one of Italy's young guns who going well at Reggina.

I would like to see Budan purchased even if it is till the end of the season with an option to purchase him post season.

How old is Budan?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Igor BUDAN
Parme AC Forward
Height: 1.85m. Weight: 80.00kg. Nationality: Croatia
Born: 22/04/1980 in Rijeka

Year : 2006
Games : 11
Starting Line-up : 11
Substitutions : 0
Goals : 6
Penalties : 0
Yellow Cards : 2
Red Cards : 0
Minutes Played : 874

Serie A: 6 Goals, 11 Games
UEFA Cup: 1 Goal, 1 Games

Reaction score
Fav. Players
George Weah, Clarence, Kakà, Pippo, Sheva, Ringhio, capitan Maldini
Yep, Budan seems the one we need :)

I would be happier if i knew we're going to purchase at least someone to replace Pirlo while he's still in that bad form

KakaLegend

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi,Maldini,Gullit,Van Basten,baggio,
looks descent

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
.... i don'T want to pay someone 25 million who will be like gila...
Well I don't think it's true, I will only believe things from now on, when they have the milan jersey on

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
iHeartRicky said:
.... i don'T want to pay someone 25 million who will be like gila...
Well I don't think it's true, I will only believe things from now on, when they have the milan jersey on
Gilardino has 5 years to prove his value.

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
San Paolo said:
Gilardino has 5 years to prove his value.
don't get me wrong. I still have faith in gila.. still...
Time=Money. Unfortunately.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Igor BUDAN
Parme AC Forward
Height: 1.85m. Weight: 80.00kg. Nationality: Croatia
Born: 22/04/1980 in Rijeka

Year : 2006
Games : 11
Starting Line-up : 11
Substitutions : 0
Goals : 6
Penalties : 0
Yellow Cards : 2
Red Cards : 0
Minutes Played : 874

Serie A: 6 Goals, 11 Games
UEFA Cup: 1 Goal, 1 Games

Does that mean he is cup tied and cant play in the cl?

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
menon_inc said:
Does that mean he is cup tied and cant play in the cl?
I THINK that means he's cup tied for the UEFA cup but not the champions league.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Its strange to me that a club like Milan would even concider mid-level players like the ones metioned.

If they do go for one of them its a clear sign to me that Milan are on their way down and in the wrong direction.

Seriously, we need the biggest talents and the biggest names, not Budan or Corona or what ever they are called.

These kind of players won´t make any difference anyway as long as the team does´nt play well. They are not the kind of players that win matches on their own. Sorry, I just think its crap that we are talking about these guys and not Torres, Eto´o, or another really good names (and yes I am aware it will be practically impossible to get a decent player in the January window, then maybe its better to wait).

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
Vernetti said:
Its strange to me that a club like Milan would even concider mid-level players like the ones metioned.

If they do go for one of them its a clear sign to me that Milan are on their way down and in the wrong direction.

Seriously, we need the biggest talents and the biggest names, not Budan or Corona or what ever they are called.

These kind of players won´t make any difference anyway as long as the team does´nt play well. They are not the kind of players that win matches on their own. Sorry, I just think its crap that we are talking about these guys and not Torres, Eto´o, or another really good names (and yes I am aware it will be practically impossible to get a decent player in the January window, then maybe its better to wait).

This prety sums up whta i wanted to say,so buy some FREAKING BIG NAMES.

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*
Vernetti said:

the biggest talents???
what makes you think these guys are not talented??
do you maybe think that a player can be talented only if he is from south america??

you want torres?
no way we could get him in january..

and eto`o,he is injured and probably will take some time until he finds his top form after he recovers and we cant really wait right now...he would be a good summer signing.

we need a solution fast..
it doesnt matter if he is some great player.. it is important that he is on form because we probably wont buy him,just get him on loan..

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We had the chance 2 sign Zlatan & now those r our choices. :mad:
I would prefer Melvesky ovet those.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
George Weah, Clarence, Kakà, Pippo, Sheva, Ringhio, capitan Maldini
Vernetti said:

We don't need big names, we need big talents, and Budan seems to me one of them. No-one is born with a big name, you know, and it's good if we can find strong youngsters.

And, by the way, no-one can win a match on his own.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't want any..there untested at a big club.. and aren't as young as i want..don't know about Bianchi's age though

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^You can't expect Milan to sign a big name player during the January transfer window considering most of them are all cup tied. Also take into account whether the individuals want to actually sign for Milan from their respected clubs.

How would you know that Galliani + Braida haven't been trying to search around for the best buys/players?
Answer, you don't.

Hmmm we are all linked to the leading marksmen in Serie A yet you claim them to be mediocre players?... Well that says a lot Serie A then...

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
"If in the case of Corona and Rigano, the age might be a problem, considering that both players are over the 30-year-old mark"

.......Doesn't the fact that these guys been over 30 make it a sure thing that Galliani will bring in one of these guys?

Well out of these four I'm with you San Paolo Budan is a gun and will be a big star soon, oh he would be allowed to play CL as well.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
^You can't expect Milan to sign a big name player during the January transfer window considering most of them are all cup tied. Also take into account whether the individuals want to actually sign for Milan from their respected clubs.

How would you know that Galliani + Braida haven't been trying to search around for the best buys/players?
Answer, you don't.

Hmmm we are all linked to the leading marksmen in Serie A yet you claim them to be mediocre players?... Well that says a lot Serie A then...
EVERY year..thers a player who scores 15+ e.g Iaquinta..then does fuck all..the next season..And Bianchi could be one..Budan is good, but i just don't want him..
Galliana + Braida haven't been trying to search around for the best players.simply because Galliani is involved..and when you say best buys...let's hope it's not a 33 year old free transfer.

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Vernetti said:

Although they're mid-level players, if they can bring positive results then why not?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gila#11. said:
EVERY year..thers a player who scores 15+ e.g Iaquinta..then does fuck all..the next season..And Bianchi could be one..Budan is good, but i just don't want him..
This season is only 11 games old and I'aquinta has bagged 4 goals more than all our strikers put together.

Gila#11. said:
Galliana + Braida haven't been trying to search around for the best players.simply because Galliani is involved..and when you say best buys...let's hope it's not a 33 year old free transfer.
Yeah lets hope its not an another old signing from Galliani like Kaka, Gourcuff, Oliveira, Bonera and Gilardino. :o

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
This season is only 11 games old and I'aquinta has bagged 4 goals more than all our strikers put together.

Yeah lets hope its not an another old signing from Galliani like Kaka, Gourcuff, Oliveira, Bonera and Gilardino. :o
OR Favalli, Amoruso, Pancaro, Cafu, Stam
All these players were bought out of prime...although we do sign 1 young player a season..at a team as old as Milan it's not good enough.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Naraku said:
"If in the case of Corona and Rigano, the age might be a problem, considering that both players are over the 30-year-old mark"

.......Doesn't the fact that these guys been over 30 make it a sure thing that Galliani will bring in one of these guys?

Well out of these four I'm with you San Paolo Budan is a gun and will be a big star soon, oh he would be allowed to play CL as well.

You sure about that? Im a bit confused with the rules and stuff. Last year Cassano could play for Real after playing for Roma in the uefa cup but this year Man Utd did not allow Newcastle to register Giussepe Rossi for their UEFA cup matches because they were afraid that he would be cup tied after playing in the UEFA Cup and they might need to call him up later incase of any injuries to their strikeforce to play in the champions league.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
I think Budan cannot play in the CHAMPIONS, he has already played for parma in uefa cup, but still i`m not sure :)

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
Vernetti said:

Of course those "mid-level" players are all outscoring our "star" forwards...

Does anyone know what type of forward Budan is? Is he a box striker like pippo and gila, or is he a creative striker like sheva? We don't need anymore box strikers. If we do get more, we need to bring in a player like Robben who can be a natural winger.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, gourcuff
we need a good player but a young fellow not a buffer :tongue:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Gila#11. said:
OR Favalli, Amoruso, Pancaro, Cafu, Stam
All these players were bought out of prime...although we do sign 1 young player a season..at a team as old as Milan it's not good enough.

Well Amoruso, Rui Costa, Pancaro and Stam are no longer here. we replaced them with Boriello, Gourcuff and Bonera.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
Well Amoruso, Rui Costa, Pancaro and Stam are no longer here. we replaced them with Boriello, Gourcuff and Bonera.
At least theres intent to make Milan younger regardless how little these changes have been so far.Next season will undoubtedly be our toughest if no big transfers are made.

Schedule