Official Hockey thread (NHL, NCAA, etc.)

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva,Kaka,,Gila, ambro, gattuso, pirlo, maldini,
Well well, since there's quite a few people in here that are hockey fans, I've decided to open the new and improved NHL thread. :)

My favorit team is the Montreal Canadiens. The greatest hockey team historicly speaking. With 24 stanley cups, the Habs are just behind the Yankees for the most succesfull franchise in North american sports.

But I'll be honest with you, I've been a fan of this team ever since I started watching hockey, which is just 6 years. :D

My favorit players on the Habs are Koivu, Kovalev and Markov. In the NHL its Ilya Kovalchuk.

Whats your favorit team? Your favorit players?

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
finally the hockey thread!
well,my favourites are Sharks,I like Jonathan Cheecho,Joe Thorton,keepers Nabokov and Toskala,Marleau,Sturm...
but I also do like Avs,and I am a fan of my countrymen from Slovakia
my favourite players:Teemu Selanne,Paul Kariya,Ilja Kovalcuk,Miroslav Satan,Marek Svatos and marian Hossa
but I like many others too :D
and I also like european hockey leagues especially the ours{Slovan Bratislava} and Finnish{Jokerit Helsinki}
I've been watching hockey since my childhood and it's my 2nd favourite game...

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi9 said:
finally the hockey thread!
well,my favourites are Sharks,I like Jonathan Cheecho,Joe Thorton,keepers Nabokov and Toskala,Marleau,Sturm...
but I also do like Avs,and I am a fan of my countrymen from Slovakia
my favourite players:Teemu Selanne,Paul Kariya,Ilja Kovalcuk,Miroslav Satan,Marek Svatos and marian Hossa
but I like many others too :D
and I also like european hockey leagues especially the ours{Slovan Bratislava} and Finnish{Jokerit Helsinki}
I've been watching hockey since my childhood and it's my 2nd favourite game...
Those are some real good players. Selanne has picked it up since the start of this season because he flopped with the Avs.

BTW Katarina, Slovakia and the rest of the world dont stand a chance against Canada in the olympics. :D

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
Go Sharks!

Joe really helped us out. The offense is fantastic but the defense needs some help. Although last coulple of games Murray and McLaren had some nice hits, injuring two players. :D

Nabby has been doing well but I dont see the point in playing Toskala. The rookie from Cleveland, Sheifer, has a 5-1 record and an amazing GAA. Why is he not playing?

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
SGK said:
BTW Katarina, Slovakia and the rest of the world dont stand a chance against Canada in the olympics. :D
we'll see :D but i'm sure israel won't be on the olympics :tongue:

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
pnut408 said:
Go Sharks!

Joe really helped us out. The offense is fantastic but the defense needs some help. Although last coulple of games Murray and McLaren had some nice hits, injuring two players. :D

Nabby has been doing well but I dont see the point in playing Toskala. The rookie from Cleveland, Sheifer, has a 5-1 record and an amazing GAA. Why is he not playing?
'cause Nabby is just :star: but I agree that he should be used far more often than he is...

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi9 said:
we'll see :D but i'm sure israel won't be on the olympics :tongue:
Yeah, if only I cared. Theres only ONE freakin rink in the whole country. :head:

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What would be your choice for top 5 players in the game right now?

Mine in order:

1. Kovalchuk
2. Jagr
3. Forsberg
4. Thornton
5. Heatly

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
SGK said:
What would be your choice for top 5 players in the game right now?

Mine in order:

1. Kovalchuk
2. Jagr
3. Forsberg
4. Thornton
5. Heatly
1)Satan
2)Selanne
3)Svatos
4)Kariya
5)Hossa/Kovalcuk

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi9 said:
1)Satan
2)Selanne
3)Svatos
4)Kariya
5)Hossa/Kovalcuk
Read the question again. I didnt ask for your favorit players, I asked who do you think are the best in the game. Common be honest. :)

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reaction score
I too love obviously Montreal. favorite players on the team are Souray and Ribeiro. Top 5 in the league (no order) would be:

1. Spezza
2. Jason Blake
3. Lecavalier
4. Luongo
5. Bertuzzi ;) got a temper like me.. :proud:

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso ITA said:
I too love obviously Montreal. favorite players on the team are Souray and Ribeiro. Top 5 in the league (no order) would be:

1. Spezza
2. Jason Blake
3. Lecavalier
4. Luongo
5. Bertuzzi ;) got a temper like me.. :proud:
I think your the only hab fan in the world that likes Ribeiro. The guy is useless. Dagenais is done in Montreal, hopefully Ribeiro is next.

And once again, I didnt ask for your favorit players in the league, I asked which players do you think are the best in the league.

Reaction score
i like ribeiro but dont think he is any good. I am close to some of his relatives and i even indirectly got free tickets from him (relatives). I think he is a solid player..

Best players in the league:

1. Kovalchuk
2. Alfredsson
3. Ovechkin (he IS washington.. if he was in crosby's situation with the penguins, he would be the NHL Leader)
4. Jagr
5. Simon Gagne

Miika Kiprusuff is so valuable to the flames. he is the reason for lots of their wins.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
1. Rick Nash
2. Zherdev
3. Federov

ya herrd?

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congo Powers said:
1. Rick Nash
2. Zherdev
3. Federov

ya herrd?
Of course.

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso ITA said:
i like ribeiro but dont think he is any good. I am close to some of his relatives and i even indirectly got free tickets from him (relatives). I think he is a solid player..
Best players in the league:

1. Kovalchuk
2. Alfredsson
3. Ovechkin (he IS washington.. if he was in crosby's situation with the penguins, he would be the NHL Leader)
4. Jagr
5. Simon Gagne

Miika Kiprusuff is so valuable to the flames. he is the reason for lots of their wins.
Undecided? :D

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
Congo Powers said:
1. Rick Nash
2. Zherdev
3. Federov

ya herrd?
yap but,don't like that Nash...
but I forgot I like Vinnie Lecavalier and of course Lubo Visnovsky,hope he'll win Norris Trophy...

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
SGK said:
Well well, since there's quite a few people in here that are hockey fans, I've decided to open the new and improved NHL thread. :)

My favorit team is the Montreal Canadiens. The greatest hockey team historicly speaking. With 24 stanley cups, the Habs are just behind the Yankees for the most succesfull franchise in North american sports.

But I'll be honest with you, I've been a fan of this team ever since I started watching hockey, which is just 6 years. :D

My favorit players on the Habs are Koivu, Kovalev and Markov. In the NHL its Ilya Kovalchuk.

Whats your favorit team? Your favorit players?

You watch Hockey in Israel????

Ya man...the Habs are where its at. What you think of speculation of Trading Theodore for BErtuzzi?

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
Ovechkin scored another hattrick tonight,well this guy means the wole Caps...What do you think about this Super talent?I first saw him on World champs 2 years ago as he was 18 and I started to adore him...
and what do you think about the others "New-ones" like Crosby,Svatos and comp.?

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cuore said:

Ya man...the Habs are where its at. What you think of speculation of Trading Theodore for BErtuzzi?
Yes I 'follow' hockey in Israel as a result of living in Montreal for 7 years. I'll be back in Montreal soon enough though. :cool: You cant watch it here, I only follow them on the net with hilights and stuff..

As for the Theo for Bertuzzi rumors, I would do it in a heart beat. Its what both teams need and the way Huet has been playing it makes it even more easier to get rid of that pri-madonna one-hit wonder Theodore.

But unfortunatly Gainey is just like Galliani and nothing will happen. :head:

Last edited:

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi9 said:
Ovechkin scored another hattrick tonight,well this guy means the wole Caps...What do you think about this Super talent?I first saw him on World champs 2 years ago as he was 18 and I started to adore him...
and what do you think about the others "New-ones" like Crosby,Svatos and comp.?
Actually it was his first career hattrick but man is he a great player. Immagine the Caps without Ovechkin?? That would be ugly. He's already one of the best players in the NHL in his first year.

As for Crosby, he's 2 years younger than Ovechkin so who knows how he'll be in two years? But right now theres no doubt that Ovechkin is better than him and Crosby has better teamates around him.

Next years Pens will have the best young duo in the game with Malkin and Crosby. :eek:

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
SGK said:
Actually it was his first career hattrick but man is he a great player. Immagine the Caps without Ovechkin?? That would be ugly. He's already one of the best players in the NHL in his first year.

As for Crosby, he's 2 years younger than Ovechkin so who knows how he'll be in two years? But right now theres no doubt that Ovechkin is better than him and Crosby has better teamates around him.

Next years Pens will have the best young duo in the game with Malkin and Crosby. :eek:
yeah I like that Malkin too,great center.I like him playing alongside Oveckin,what a young force Russian have!

But my country has also a young Gunner.Do you know Marek Svatos?He is only 3 or 4 goals behind Oveckin and he's great forward,and one day'd be a great player,but must work on his defensive abilities...

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
cuore said:

I heard abt that rumor, i rlly am undecided abt that one... i want theo out, but i aint too crazy abt bertuzzi even tho he's a crazy son of a bitch