• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Ok, for those who've watched Cagliari enough this season -

2012%2f5%2fSA-Top5s.jpg

Look at the last table. Cagliari has done much better than their stature suggests in the 'shots conceded' department. And it's a critical part of defense, obviously.

As can also be noted, Milan are nowhere near the vicinity of Juventus in that department. Which simply means that our defensive midfield has been shit this season and has allowed forwards shots at our goal way too many times. This was pretty evident while watching the matches as well, the stats are just a validation.

Now my question is, why has Cagliari done so well? Is it their midfielders? (Conti at DM and Nainggolan as the defensive-minded CM).. Or is it Astori's anticipation at centreback?

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I for one applaud Jube for putting the 3rd star on their chest, all over their stadium.

Its who they are and they arent ashamed of it and now will insure nobody else ever forgets the years of shame that will be stamped all over their property in the form of that 3rd star. It will be there for all to see.:thumbsup:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Thursday May 10 2012 Di Vaio had offer last year

As Marco Di Vaio prepares to leave Bologna after the weekend, he reveals how he had turned down an offer to move clubs last summer.

Di Vaio confirmed last week that he would be leaving the Renato Dall’Ara outfit at the end of the season, after four years and 66 goals with the Rossoblu.

As speculation heavily links him with a switch to the MLS, the 35-year-old has chosen to reveal that he turned down a good offer to leave Bologna last summer.

Last year I had the opportunity to change shirt. It was a particular moment for the club though, whilst I was concentrating on training and my work on the field, and did not take the discussions any further,” the striker told Sky Sport Italia on Thursday, before turning his attention to former fellow Lazio youth team member Alessandro Nesta’s similar confirmed departure from Serie A.

We started together and we are stopping together. I grew up with him and we shared many things together, despite our different careers. I’m happy for him, but also sorry too.

My future? I’ve never been led to think about being a Coach, but never say never. For now, I love being on the field, so ask me again in a couple of years.

Grande Di Vaio :star: :thumbsup:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Thursday May 10 2012 Sergio Cragnotti: ‘Nesta one of the game’s greatest’

Former Lazio President Sergio Cragnotti has praised Alessandro Nesta, in reaction to the defender’s confirmation that he will leave Serie A this summer.

Nesta, 36, confirmed on Thursday that this will be his final season in the Italian top-flight, drawing to a close a two-decade-long career that has seen him win 19 major honours at club and international level.

Cragnotti, who held power at Lazio during Nesta’s emergence and later ascent to the role of club captain, paid tribute to the defender.

Alessandro was one of the most important resources at my great Lazio,” remembered Cragnotti on Radio Sportiva.

Dino Zoff took him into the first time in 1993-94 and although he was very young you could already see he was a great talent. He contributed to building a great club.

He is a simple man, who is totally dedicated to football and is one of the game’s greatest champions. His transfer to Milan was dictated by financial reaons - he had a great attachment to the Lazio shirt but realised it was necessary for the funds.

Nesta’s farewell today is the choice of a great professional, he preferred to go and play elsewhere before waiting for a definitive decline.

His heir? Thiago Silva can take his place.”

Cragnotti then turned his attention to the Aquile’s current season, that could end on Sunday with Champions League qualification.

They have expressed some good football and Miroslav Klose has added value to the team.

Should they get to third place and reach the Champions League then it would be a season to remember - it’s a shame about the lack of transfer activity in January

My experience? I’m happy for what I did with Lazio and I hope that soon the team can return to those levels.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I observed something very interesting. We have these young coaches going to teams with well established names and trying to get rid of the old crop like boas with chelsea and enrique with totti and co and allegri with milan. In that i would say only allegri is succeeding. And the reason why he is succeeding is because he built a reputation first by winning the scudetto which gave his decisions more legitimacy. Unlike AvB and Enrique who tried to change the old crop too fast and paid the price. Injuries to a couple of them also gave weight to his decisions.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I observed something very interesting. We have these young coaches going to teams with well established names and trying to get rid of the old crop like boas with chelsea and enrique with totti and co and allegri with milan. In that i would say only allegri is succeeding. And the reason why he is succeeding is because he built a reputation first by winning the scudetto which gave his decisions more legitimacy. Unlike AvB and Enrique who tried to change the old crop too fast and paid the price. Injuries to a couple of them also gave weight to his decisions.

How about Antonio Conte?

I agree with your analysis with regards to AVB. Not Enrique. Enrique is just a big tactical n00b more than anything else.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
How about Antonio Conte?

I agree with your analysis with regards to AVB. Not Enrique. Enrique is just a big tactical n00b more than anything else.

how much 'old' did conte have? Del Piero? That's not the same.

Neither is enrique. Roma is just stocked w/ mediocre players. Some talent but by no means 'ready'

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
How about Antonio Conte?

Actually i thought of Conte. Most of juve senatores had departed before he arrived. nedved, camro, canna, zebina trez and co. so he never really had to deal with them. He only had to deal with Del Piero but with president's backing he was able to get rid of him. I hear Nedved may have had a part to play as well in getting rid of del piero.

I think there is some major politics attatched to del piero's departure but per say he didnt have many senatores to worry about.

Allegri could justify all his decisions because he had won the scudetto. The only one he had to deal with was dinho and he could justify benching dinho because milan's performance was not dropping (thanks to zlatan) which eventually led to his departure.

Enrique tried to change too much too fast and without any legit backing. He was still seen as an 'outsider' and the first thing he did was go loggerheads with the guy that probably is the definition of roma without having the reputation of a top class coach. A mourinho or an ancelotti may have succeeded but a not a newbie coach. Bad strategy. Same with AvB whose job i think was even tougher since he is younger than the people he was trying to get rid of.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually i thought of Conte. Most of juve senatores had departed before he arrived. nedved, camro, canna, zebina trez and co. so he never really had to deal with them. He only had to deal with Del Piero but with president's backing he was able to get rid of him. I hear Nedved may have had a part to play as well in getting rid of del piero.

I think there is some major politics attatched to del piero's departure but per say he didnt have many senatores to worry about.

Allegri could justify all his decisions because he had won the scudetto. The only one he had to deal with was dinho and he could justify benching dinho because milan's performance was not dropping (thanks to zlatan) which eventually led to his departure.

Enrique tried to change too much too fast and without any legit backing. He was still seen as an 'outsider' and the first thing he did was go loggerheads with the guy that probably is the definition of roma without having the reputation of a top class coach. A mourinho or an ancelotti may have succeeded but a not a newbie coach. Bad strategy. Same with AvB whose job i think was even tougher since he is younger than the people he was trying to get rid of.

Yup, the hypothesis certainly fits Villas-Boas. That's exactly what happened with him.

Enrique's case had more nuances though. By some magical way, he had absolute support from everyone. From Baldini to the owners to even Totti, after the initial differences. Wonder of wonders, even the tifosi were patient till the end of the season. Roma tifosi being patient is amazing. And if you remember, Totti was the one trying to convince them when they finally did become impatient, that Enrique was the right choice.

Ultimately, he's leaving because he couldnt take the pressure anymore. At least according to him. I believe that he's leaving because he knows his ideas aren't good enough in this league. He knows he failed and there's no point continuing the stupid experiment anymore.

Enrique is not being forced out in any way.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't even know why conte is an asshole towards del piero, he won them important games and is their best striker when he's on form.

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
Baldini just announced that Enrique will definitely be leaving Roma when the season ends..

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Lucio to be sold by Inter?​

Inter are ready to listen to offers for Lucio despite the fact that he recently extended his contract until June 2014.

The Brazilian, now 33, was given a new two-year deal earlier this term, but the Nerazzurri are reportedly ready to let him go.

Stories on Friday are suggesting that the former Bayern Munich centre-back is liked by Paris Saint-Germain. Clubs in Brazil are also said to be interested.

Lucio, one goal in 33 Serie A ties this term, may be sacrificed in order for Andrea Ranocchia to get a regular game in the next campaign.

The Italian, signed at a total cost of almost €20m, has played in just 12 top-flight games for the Beneamata this term.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Pirlo: Allegri didn’t want me​

Andrea Pirlo has revealed that he left Milan because he was no longer in the first team plans of boss Massimiliano Allegri.

The playmaker quit the Rossoneri on a Bosman last summer to join Juventus and he subsequently inspired their Scudetto success.

“Milan offered me a one-year extension, but I wanted three years because I was younger than the other players whose contracts were expiring,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“But the real reason behind why I left Milan was because Allegri wanted to use Massimo Ambrosini or Mark Van Bommel in front of the defence instead of me.

“That meant that I had to change position on the pitch. So I said ‘no thanks’ to Milan and chose Juventus.

“Milan decided that I was no longer useful to them. I understood that immediately during our meeting.”

Some were surprised by Pirlo’s decision to leave champions Milan for a team who had finished the previous two seasons in seventh place.

“When I was at Gigi Buffon’s wedding in June last year, people asked me if I was crazy because I had left,” he added.

“I then replied that when I decide to join another club, I do it because I want to win. And I also said that we would win the Italian championship.

“And now those same people thank me because they went and put money on us winning the Scudetto…”

While Juventus enjoyed the assists of Pirlo, Milan did struggle at times without his calmness and vision.

“A lot of my former teammates told me that they missed me during the campaign,” he added. “But I’m happy as I won.

“Almost all of my former teammates at Milan sent me text messages congratulating me on winning the Scudetto.”

The 32-year-old has fond memories of his time with the Diavolo, but he admits that their attempt to get him suspended for a Cup game after an alleged elbow on Van Bommel was uncalled for.

“That annoyed me,” he continued. “I played there for 10 years and they know that I don’t do certain things…”

The experienced Italian international also took advantage of the interview to praise ‘rookie’ Coach Antonio Conte.

“Conte is a great. I’ve had a lot of Coaches in my career, but never one who has been so prepared, so meticulous in his work and who explains things so well.

“We watch videos of our opponents three or four times a week and it's difficult for them to surprise us as a result.

“In terms of tactics and the way he teaches, he’s better than Carlo Ancelotti and Marcello Lippi.”

With the Scudetto won, Pirlo now believes that his side can be a force in next season’s Champions League.

“This Juve is one of the strongest ever in terms of mentality and pride,” he commented. “We can make a bid for the Champions League as we are now by playing in the same way.

“But we’ll need a few signings to complete the squad, even if we would have done well in the competition this season.”

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Del Piero ‏ @delpieroale

Nesta, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Seedorf: team mates and opponents,but never enemies. Happy to have played with you.I've great respect for you, guys

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Del piero please :D

He wins cl and say fuck off to conte /pirlo

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pirlo: Allegri didn’t want me​

FU Allegri!

Why FU Allegri??????:eek: Allegri was counting on Pirlo, but couldn't garantee him that he would start every fucking game!

FU Pirlo, you're full of shit!...... Cunt(e) > Carletto????? You son of a bitch, IIRR it was Ancelotti that made you a WC player.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
let me just take a minute to say this......

luis enrique:: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

called it !!!!!!!!!!

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Same can be said of Pep at barca only he was lucky to have talented young players at his disposal. I actually rate Allegri highly and I believe with the right players, his team can play well. I watcheed a few of his cagliary games and i liked their fluidity. Biondini was bullying everyone while cosu and lazarri provided the spark in attack good luck to you Max, hope you make with us.

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Pirlo already sounds like a true ladri. I say fuck him. :o

Whatever water under the bridge. Let him enjoy it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

....and taking elbowing lessons from Bitchellini :lol::lol:

Carmignani: "It is not by Pirlo that interview, he took it out"
INTERVIEW ON PIRLO - Too easy to say certain things in the end, this interview seems to me that he obviously wanted to blow off steam but I do not think is right. Non credo fosse un discorso tecnico ma economico, quando arrivi ad una certa età è rischioso fare contratti lunghi. I do not think it was a technical discourse but cheap, when you get to a certain age is risky to make long contracts. Un giocatore si deve anche saper accontentare. A player must also know how to satisfy.

Carmignani is politely said : FU Pirlo!

Last edited:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
CONTE: "Allegri looked sure they would wear the 2nd star the next year, he looked confident"

fuck conte, that doesn't even make any sense... fuck that bald fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule