French Ligue 1 Thread

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Az. said:
Did you actually see a interview whit him or that crap from goal.com when he said he would love to play for Milan ,United etc?:)

tbh i read it from a manutd forum a while back, its a good forum not one with a load of idiots in. but hey its all wishfull thinking anyway, i just hope he likes english food ;)

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
manutd fan said:
agree 100% :) and him and rooney would be a dream partnership IMO, much better than rooney and tevez (which has the potential to be amazing aswell)
Actually if i was Man-fan i would preffer more Rooney & Tevez than Rooney & Benzema.
IMO Tevez is physically great all the time making pressure to the opponent defence, can play all the time without getting tired. Exactly kind of striker u need when u have such offensive wings, :)

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
milanissimo said:
Actually if i was Man-fan i would preffer more Rooney & Tevez than Rooney & Benzema.
IMO Tevez is physically great all the time making pressure to the opponent defence, can play all the time without getting tired. Exactly kind of striker u need when u have such offensive wings, :)
yup, but Tevez + Benzema is a better option than Rooney + Tevez or Rooney + Benzema IMO.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
yup, but Tevez + Benzema is a better option than Rooney + Tevez or Rooney + Benzema IMO.
i have to disagree with you there, tevez is a fantastic player. however rooney, when played in his normal position (the position where tevez is currently using) is world class. when we had saha at the start of LAST season, him and rooney were bloody amazing, we tore everyone apart, then saha got injured and we had a slower larsson. benzema has the potential to be better thatn saha(some would argue he already is and based on this season so far, im inclined to agree) so with a pacy striker like benzema running on the shoulder of defenders, rooney wand him would be a dream.
rooney has a much better imagination than tevez aswell and thats saying a lot considering how good tevez is.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
*rossonera* said:
exactly - who knows, but my guess is 1) he prefers england or spain to italy + 2) berlusconi would never ever be willing to meet the asking price for him. ;)

did you guys see his last-gasp freekick equalizer against st. etienne? :eek:

i read about it but didnt see the video.. and ya i think his price tag is going to be too high..

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fergie eyes Lyon duo
Sir Alex Ferguson has targeted Lyon duo Karim Benzema and Hatem Ben Arfa in a sensational £40million swoop. Boss Fergie made his move just a week before Manchester United face the French side in a Champions League last-16 clash. He spoke to Lyon week. Aulas said: “I spoke to Sir Alex. I told him that Benzema and Ben Arfa will not leave in the next two years. We want to build our future on them. If he wants to exchange Cristiano Ronaldo for Ben Arfa we could talk about it but they would have to also give us a bit of money.” But Aulas’ remarks will not put off Fergie, who spoke to the Lyon president before Saturday’s game with Sochaux. French ace Benzema, 20, is one of the hottest strikers in Europe with 16 goals in 24 league games this season, while Fergie sees jet-heeled Ben Arfa, 20, as a long-term replacement for Ryan Giggs, 34. The pair are also summer targets for Arsenal and Chelsea.
Antony Kastrinakis, The Sun

this simply HAS to be true. i will die and go to heaven if it is.

btw, i know a lot about benzema, but whenever i watch lyon i always focus on benzema and thats it. so what does everyone think of ben arfa?

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
manutd fan said:
Fergie eyes Lyon duo
btw, i know a lot about benzema, but whenever i watch lyon i always focus on benzema and thats it. so what does everyone think of ben arfa?
He is a young version of Malouda with a great pace and creativity.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Matmil04 said:
He is a young version of Malouda with a great pace and creativity.
sounds good :) altough malouda has yet to play like he can this season partly due to injuries.
still,

------------------ benzema--------------------

anderson --------- rooney -------------- ronaldo

------carrick- ---------- scholes---------
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
haha cavenaghi is on FIRE!!!!! another brace by el torito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
radioactivenerd said:
haha cavenaghi is on FIRE!!!!! another brace by el torito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your man cavenaghi banged in another brace today, i still remember him from the old football managers when he was a wonderkid at river he was amazing and now is finally living up to his potential.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dann said:
your man cavenaghi banged in another brace today, i still remember him from the old football managers when he was a wonderkid at river he was amazing and now is finally living up to his potential.
Yup, bordeaux's topscorer now. Second goal was a penalty, and first was a pretty typical strikers goal.
The next Hernan Crespo, albeit with better build up contribution to the game. I hope Juve dont sign him, although i think he would fit the italian game perfectly.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cavenaghi with another brace today.

He has now scored 14 goals, in 13 starts, while the much more famed benzema has scored 17 in 27 starts.

Whoever buys him in the summer will be one of the most shrewd transfers. I just hope its italy.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
radioactivenerd said:
Cavenaghi with another brace today.

He has now scored 14 goals, in 13 starts, while the much more famed benzema has scored 17 in 27 starts.

Whoever buys him in the summer will be one of the most shrewd transfers. I just hope its italy.

Good to see you scouting more south ameican talent lol. I first heard of the guy way back in 2004 or something on a game after about 11 seasons he was the best player in the world. Has he been linked with a move away?

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Quinni 17 said:
Good to see you scouting more south ameican talent lol. I first heard of the guy way back in 2004 or something on a game after about 11 seasons he was the best player in the world. Has he been linked with a move away?
Just rumours...nothing concrete right now. Napoli and Zaragoza have been mentioned, but it may well just be Goal.com hogwash. He's definitely good enough to play for a top team, and if not this year, then will definitely move on next year, once he shows himself off in the CL.

edit: and i dont care about the rest of South America...jsut Argentina :tongue:

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Argentina certainly looks to be churning out some young talent at an enormous rate. :D

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Quinni 17 said:
Argentina certainly looks to be churning out some young talent at an enormous rate. :D

Cavenaghi is 24, not really that young.

Anyway, same as Italy, also in France the title race will be decided in the last minutes of the last round. I want Bordeaux to win the title.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

diTa

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NESTA, Maldini, KAKA, Rio Ferdinand, Seedorf, Pirlo, Fabregas, Cana, Raul.
Nancy winning..
Marseille losing..

I want Marseille facing us in the Champions League next season.. not Nancy!

diTa

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NESTA, Maldini, KAKA, Rio Ferdinand, Seedorf, Pirlo, Fabregas, Cana, Raul.
Bes said:
0:3 now...

Official: Lyon are the Champions, again !

That's why Ligue 1 is the most boring one. :rolleyes:

No its not..
This year it was quite exciting..
Marseille will meet us in the Champions League..
Mark my words my friends :tongue:

rreze_milan

OURS!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Pato, Becks...
marsielle-strasburg:D
go CANA go

Marseille will meet us in the Champions League.. done:o

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Lyon wins their Ligue 1 opener over Toulouse 3-0.

Karim Benzema scored a double.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Apparently Gourcuff impressed. Positive signs. =)

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
San Paolo said:
Apparently Gourcuff impressed. Positive signs. =)
His freekick/cross for the second goal was pin point. Cavenaghi only had to flick his head. Something Pirlo hasn't done in ages. I just hope we get him back next season and that we have a more capable coach.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Wet Ones said:
His freekick/cross for the second goal was pin point. Cavenaghi only had to flick his head. Something Pirlo hasn't done in ages. I just hope we get him back next season and that we have a more capable coach.

it'd be nice to have a striekr as clinical as cavenaghi... although i suppose he's only done it in argentina and france i think he could do it in italy.