Marco Giampaolo Thread

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
so with Inter getting stronger, Jube and Napoli fortifying their place in the top, we will need a strong mercato or an elite coach, or both.

unfortunately it seems like we will get neither.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
so with Inter getting stronger, Jube and Napoli fortifying their place in the top, we will need a strong mercato or an elite coach, or both.

unfortunately it seems like we will get neither.

Our coach is the most underrated of them. An 'under the radar' move.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Unfortunately he’s not underrated in the league. Sarri spoke of Giampaolo and Conte in the same breath today.

Managerially we are going to have a belter next season. Sarri, Giampaolo, and apparently Fonseca are known for their system approach. Then you’ve got Conte who’s peak grinta. Ancelotti who’s the smartest man manager around. And the best manager of last season Gasperini.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i have a good feeling about him but not about the team itself. we seriously lack leaders. by leaders i don't necessarily mean older players but players who can rally the team. i see some of that quality in piatek, cutrone really stirs up the crowd and that's it we don't have anyone else. roma needs to be more vocal on the pitch and not just when complaining to the refs.

with baka gone, we have a huge hole in the midfield. other than that, talent wise, i think we are good enough to challenge for fourth place. lets see.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
So today someone revealed that Giampaolo is very much an adherent of the left leaning political school (rooted in the Tuscan area) in Italy.

As if I needed one more reason to love him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Necro, you're jinxing him too much.

When was the last time someone you rated made it here?

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Hakan should play as the CAM and Paqueta deeper. Paqueta is underrated here anyway, he came in tired and not used to serie a and instantly changed our team for the better. Not super great individual performances but having another player capable of moving the ball into good positions helped Piatek score right off the bat. His injury and suspension toward the end of the season was correlated with a big dip in form and less goals scored. Had he played and been fit during the run in, I think we’d be in top 4.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve read a lot of tactical analysis that doesn’t agree that Giampaolos CAM is more of a forward, or even that he prefers a creative second striker. Yes the CAM stays high and must find space between the lines, but I’ve seen that he sometimes likes two more classic strikers up top, and that they stay very high and isolated, not swapping with the attacking mid too much. They need to stay high to draw defenders out, there’s no width, so someone needs to stay high and open up the field for the midfielders. In a 4312 that’s vital.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
So today someone revealed that Giampaolo is very much an adherent of the left leaning political school (rooted in the Tuscan area) in Italy.

As if I needed one more reason to love him.

I6tj5vR.png

*click*

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I knew already.. from the swarthiness
I feel very good about him :thumbsup:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
4-3-1-2 with Suso trequartista?

sack pls

The 1-1 result between Milan and Novara is misleading because the Rossoneri played the friendly in a very offensive manner, created a lot of goal-scoring chances and had about 90% possession. [via @AntoVitiello]

Giampaolo tried Castillejo as a second striker but was particularly impressed with how Suso acted as a trequartista - the Spaniard was always in the heart of the game. Overall, Giampaolo was satisfied and is happy with the progress of the work at Milanello. [via @AntoVitiello]

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Was Suso actually good?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Very pleased with Giampaolo so far. Seems intelligent.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Was Suso actually good?

I think he can be. He's quite good in tight spaces and hard to deposes. I would see him as a TQ that interchanges a lot of with the SS, so that the SS moves deeper in his position and Suso can drift to the right wing and deliver those beautiful shots and crosses.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Happy b-day Marco. Hopefully the club gifts you a big signing on the transfer market.