Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can talk shit about Woodley as a fighter.

However fans want to be entertained. Hell Floyd is 49-0 and people still give him shit, but at least he has an interesting persona, he's the villain.

Can you blame Dana? Thats two straights stinkers. Who ia going to pay to watch Woodley anymore.

Those who take risk get rewarded. And Woodley is playing as safe as it gets.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Pretty sure Woodley broke the record for least strikes thrown in a fight last night.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pretty sure Woodley broke the record for least strikes thrown in a fight last night.

He did. Or in a championship fight at least

Point is, a fighter with his tools should be exciting.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score

I agree 100%

he's had exciting fights before, but he's extremely cautious now. Complete snoozefest

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Bloody hell, everybody that i rooted for lost :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Az, u picked maia vs woodley ? :eek:. Bad matchup bro.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Az, u picked maia vs woodley ? :eek:. Bad matchup bro.

Well it was more like the Bones vs DC case, i knew both had slim chances to win..nut somehow hoped they did.

Good thing i am not a betting man:)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Watch his post fight presser. Embarrassing imo.

He was taking about that fans just want to see fighters kill each other in the octagon, and only someone who understands fighting could understand what a great performance he had. No, fans understand a technical and tactical fight... That was just playing it safe. Just admit it instead of all this BS.

So happy that Dana took the GPS fight from him one week after he said that the winner of Woodley/Maia would get that fight instead of Bisping :lol:.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
great tactics by woodza, i enjoyed his master class defending :star:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
0/24, masterclass defensive wrestling + look at maia's face at the end of the fight.

look at what maia did to the likes of condit, 7 fight win streak.

fans arent gonna pay woodley's bills if he makes a mistake and gets submitted

mma fans are so entitled :rolleyes:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah I bet you were sitting there all excited.

Well, he'd make a lot more money vs GSP. But that's not gonna happen now is it?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
i was, i enjoyed every stuffed takedown

it was like the mma version of a perfect sliding tackle :proud:

maia's 1 dimensional game plan is to blame for fans who thought it was boring

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Look, I hear you. He did what he had to do and I respect that. Like you said we're not the ones paying his bills, I'm not hating.

But stop the nonsense about the fight being exciting, it was a snooze fest and you know it. Woodley could have made much more damage and maybe even finish the fight. But he didn't take any risks, imo the champion have the responsibility to do more, especially if said champion whines about the fans not appreciating him enough.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
But the best part was definitely the presser when he said that fans doesn't understand what a performance he had. Bull fucking shit.

Dana put him in his place during his presser though.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
People have always complained about Woodley since he was booked to fight Lawler. I remember a lot of people being mad he got the shot and saying he would get knocked out. Lots of the hate he gets is not because of his fights, people just wanna kind something wrong with the guy. People said he was ducking Thompson and Maia as well. Most of the people complaining now complained when he knocked out Lawler and almost took Thompson out.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People have always complained about Woodley since he was booked to fight Lawler. I remember a lot of people being mad he got the shot and saying he would get knocked out. Lots of the hate he gets is not because of his fights, people just wanna kind something wrong with the guy. People said he was ducking Thompson and Maia as well. Most of the people complaining now complained when he knocked out Lawler and almost took Thompson out.

I don't think that is the case with MB, and I think he has a valid argument.

However MB, I remember awhile ago you lectured me because I said Iran was boring af during the World Cup and they should just go home and you said "they have no obligations to entertain you..." or something along those lines.

I think same applies here. Even if Dana takes Woodley out of the supposed "big fights" and fans hate on him, Woodley needs to make sure he retains his belt and takes as little damage as possible. And that is exactly what GSP did before he retired...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i was, i enjoyed every stuffed takedown

it was like the mma version of a perfect sliding tackle :proud:

maia's 1 dimensional game plan is to blame for fans who thought it was boring

This.

Swagger, this is what I think would have happened in Werdum vs. Lesnar, granted Werdum has better wrestling than Lesnar.

He simply would have issues getting Lesnar down.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players

However MB, I remember awhile ago you lectured me because I said Iran was boring af during the World Cup and they should just go home and you said "they have no obligations to entertain you..." or something along those lines.

I think same applies here. Even if Dana takes Woodley out of the supposed "big fights" and fans hate on him, Woodley needs to make sure he retains his belt and takes as little damage as possible. And that is exactly what GSP did before he retired...

I know it isn't the case with MB. I am writing about what I see on MMA sites. The hate he has got was strong since he got his shot. Dana White is a hypocrite and has a rep for lying, so I don't listen to any of his comments anymore. He needs to stop busting the balls of one of his most active champs who actually fights the top contenders.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know it isn't the case with MB. I am writing about what I see on MMA sites. The hate he has got was strong since he got his shot. Dana White is a hypocrite and has a rep for lying, so I don't listen to any of his comments anymore. He needs to stop busting the balls of one of his most active champs who actually fights the top contenders.

Dana is business man and is always full of $hit. That's nothing new.

And the reason you listed is exactly the why I don't follow MMA forums or FB comments.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
bisping GSP has always been the plan, even woodley knew that he's not getting GSP before the maia fight happened.

I watched woodley's post fight press conference, he didn't say it was a great fight he said it was a great defensive/tactical performance, which I 100% agree with.

he also said that he injured his shoulder during the fight so he couldn't throw as much as he wanted to.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Iran is an absolute shit football team, ie not champions. What I said was that that you could have some expectations from a champ. I also said that I respect that Woodley does what he thinks he needs to retain the belt, 100%. But, he can't expect to be appreciated by the fans and getting big money fights, which he does. That's what's been annoying me about him from the start.

I couldn't stand GSP in his 2-3 years. I was disgusted with Silva's performance vs Maia. And I think Jones should have accepted the fight vs Sonnen the first time it was offered.

It's hard to compare football and fighting, different cultures.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Iran is an absolute shit football team, ie not champions. What I said was that that you could have some expectations from a champ. I also said that I respect that Woodley does what he thinks he needs to retain the belt, 100%. But, he can't expect to be appreciated by the fans and getting big money fights, which he does. That's what's been annoying me about him from the start.

I couldn't stand GSP in his 2-3 years. I was disgusted with Silva's performance vs Maia. And I think Jones should have accepted the fight vs Sonnen the first time it was offered.

It's hard to compare football and fighting, different cultures.

:thumbsup:

I agree with all points here and I see your point regarding Woodley wanting fan's appreciation.

I personally get where Woodley is coming from. As someone who grapples, I can understand and appreciate the intricacies of even minor grip fighting or fighting for positions in the clinch, which is why I, like Sage, did not fight the fight itself boring. However, I was quite tired and after watching the first round I was sure Maia would not be able to win (or take down Woodley) so I went to sleep.

I think Woodley's frustration is with the fact that the sport has grown massively yet the fan base has not. A good example is if you watch some of the cards from TUF 1-5 era there are people who are part-timers and have 0 clue how to defend takedowns or submissions and people who just go in to "BANG". Whereas now you hardly see guys like that, which forces the fighters to be smarter and more technical, but you still have MANY new fans who are largely uneducated and still expect the mentality from the TUF 1-5 age and want to see guys like Leonard Garcia.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
However, I was quite tired and after watching the first round I was sure Maia would not be able to win (or take down Woodley) so I went to sleep.

Enough said, you turned off a title fight and went to sleep.

Meanwhile Sage:
a3kQJDXfun.gif

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Another thing, GSP would get knocked out versus Woodley. Dana knows Bisping is the easier fight for him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Another thing, GSP would get knocked out versus Woodley. Dana knows Bisping is the easier fight for him.

GSP also knows this. He's totally ducking Woodley. He's not even fought at MW ever before AFAIK. Says a lot about what other fighters think about Bisping though :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t care so much about the fans, but when your job title is promoter, promote your f*cking fighters. Promote your champion. Don’t demote your champion. I threw my shoulder out in the first round, I wasn’t able to throw any damaging shots — for you guys who don’t understand what a labrum tear is, go get on Google or Wikipedia and figure it out — and I still stayed the course, I stayed on path, I stayed on point, I executed the gameplan. I had to reduce all of my shots from overhands, uppercuts, things that were hurting my shoulder, to straight punches.

So, sorry in advance, I’m mad because I’ve had this surgery before. It’s not a fun one. It’s not a quick recovery. It’s not something that I’m excited about. I’m going to get a couple second opinions. Literally I’m in the Uber right now, I just f*cking got out of the doctors office, like right this second. There’s paperwork in my hand. So I’m just, I’m owed a public apology. You’re going to publicly scrutinize me, Dana White? You publicly need to apologize to me. I’ve done nothing but good stuff for the sport. I’ve done nothing but be a good model for the f*cking organization. I go out there and I fight with integrity. I covered your sport from the FOX desk a week before my fight. I always uphold my responsibilities to the organization. It’s timeout for that. The word behind ‘business’ is ‘man.’ You need to be a man, you owe me a public apology. And if I don’t get that, I’m going to start leaking some sh*t that people don’t want to be out in the wind. I’m not even kidding about that. They know what I’m referring to. I’m due a public apology.

Maybe he knows GSP is ducking him

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
GSP also knows this. He's totally ducking Woodley. He's not even fought at MW ever before AFAIK. Says a lot about what other fighters think about Bisping though :lol:

So Bisping knocked out RockSalt, but he can't do the same to GSP..okay budeh :lol::lol::lol:

The reason why this fight is being made is money, if Woodley would have been the bigger draw they would have done that instead.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Gsp 100% doesnt want to fight woodley. Take pre usada hendricks who faced gsp and then just add explosiveness, more power, more strength, better reflexes, bigger reach and better grappling then tou get woodley. Woodley will flatline gsp.

Schedule