Ronaldo Thread

Ronnieboy will

• Total voters

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
its sad what corinthians did to him, blackmailing him while fans insulting him which lead him to retire, I mean sure hes not in top condition, but he can still be useful.

Farewell, best player of all time.

Stranger

Banned
Reaction score
3 years after that injury in red part of milan, yeah still remember i was so sad on that valentines day, valentine massacre was so pumped up to see him against arsenal with ka pa ro combination, then again he was not meant for milan

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
3 years after that injury in red part of milan, yeah still remember i was so sad on that valentines day, valentine massacre was so pumped up to see him against arsenal with ka pa ro combination, then again he was not meant for milan

Sad day it was. IMO main reason we didn't make UCL spot in 07-08. Ronaldo was set to deliver, and when he went down, we had to depend on gila and 18 year old pato. Pippo was too in and out w/ injuries then.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Legend. Best player I've ever seen. (well, maybe zidane too). Sad his career was cut short. Always happy I got to see him atleast wear the red and black for a period and make a positive contribution.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
He is one of the last few standing from the football I grew up with. Never truely was able to be fond of him (as in groupie style), but was always impressed by him, specially how he was able to adapt after that freak injury and still be a super monster forward/player. Definitely one of the best of all time, and had that knee wouldn't have bugged in...wow.

Actually it was pretty sad for me to see him playing in those games vs Tolima cause it was just painful how he just couldn't anymore, this is really the best decision he can make. All the best Ronnie!

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
its sad what corinthians did to him, blackmailing him while fans insulting him which lead him to retire, I mean sure hes not in top condition, but he can still be useful.

Farewell, best player of all time.

Honestly, I was expecting worst reactions. That's how things work at Corinthians. This is what happened when they got knocked out by River in 2006:

But I don't think he can be useful anyore. If he could get into shape, maybe. But not that way, he is a shadow of himself now, it's better to retire before he hurt his history.

Last edited:

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
It's sad that his last memory of football is getting blamed by the Corinthians supporters, and having his bus pelted by stones :(

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
at his peak he was unplayable, think messi but on steroids.....er......I mean more steroids.:D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
It is a sad day for football with regeret; We will miss your amazing goals and tricks and magical skills; farewell R9 I enjoyed your games ; You stil one of the insperition Idol for all the new football fans generation :star:

Good-By!

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu

What can he do more than this ? He spent almost 3 years and a half recovering from injuries and yet he had a career full of glory starting his adventure as a professional player at the age of 16 and scored 58 goals in his first 60 professional matches! More than Pele had done in the same period:) In his 2 first seasons in PSV Eindhoven he scored 55 goals in 57 appearances in all competitions :) I am paying attention to those facts as most people started to recognize him as a prodigy when he played at Barcelona at the time he was a complete, harmonious forward with all athletic and technical abilities a footballer may have :)

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Not much more to say.

:star: Ronaldo :star:

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Thanks for everything Il Fenomeno, Ronaldo is one of best player in football history, :proud:

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Good luck to ronaldo in his retirement football will miss you dearly.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Farewell and goodluck Ronaldo. One of the greatest player i ever seen. Legend!

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Jogo mtooooooooo!

He will be taking care of his agency now..

Thanx for everything Fenomeno!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
This is sensational! Ronaldo has stated that AC Milan doctors administered him prohibited hormonal substances

Ronaldo says he developed a hyperthyrodic (?) condition, which slows down his metabolism and makes it difficult to loose weight...

...despite best efforts of physios and doctors. He says that at Milan he was administered substances which are illegal in football. Crikey!

..and that those substance caused this hyperthyroid condition. He also developed vascular veins
:rolleyes:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Ratzaroony

Kaka Fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Kaka, Van Basten, Sheva, Antonini, Nesta, Ibra, Oddo, Donnarumma
wouldnt be surprised, Milanlab are shady.

It was a mistranslation. He said at Milan he learned that the only thing to fix his problem was a banned substance, so he struggled with his weight instead of taking them. He WAS NOT given any banned substances.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Farewell Ronaldo - The Greatest Finisher Of All Time
As Ronaldo departs Corinthians there are probably some fans who are glad to see the back of him. Supporters daubed graffiti on the club's training ground walls last week, condemning the 34-year-old as a 'shameless fatty'. Corinthians had just been eliminated from the Copa Libertadores and the well-paid Ronaldo, as well as his former Brazil team-mate Roberto Carlos, bore the brunt of the fans' ire. There were threats made against the fading stars; Roberto has taken one more pay-day, $9m for two seasons' work in Russia with Anzhi Makhachkala in order to escape the goldfish bowl of Sao Paulo. Ronaldo has no such option. The end is nigh. At his peak, a long time ago now, nobody played the game as joyfully and as freely as Ronaldo. He was loved, cherished and worshipped by fans the world over. But that shimmering mist of reverence has long since evaporated. Michael Ballack, Andriy Shevchenko, Francesco Totti and Ronaldo were all born within a week of each other. But unlike his peers, the final chapter in the Brazilian's playing career is a tragic one. There will be no last hurrah at a hometown club, no suitable and dignified end to a preeminent career. He should command universal respect. He should have unanimous acclaim. But he instead became a figure of ridicule. Ronaldo slips out ignominiously.

History is usually kind to the greats. Apocryphal evidence gives them everything but the halo; magnifies their achievements. But the dust has barely settled on the final struggle of Ronaldo's staggering and staggered career and he is gone and to be forgotten. His spell at Corinthians was an uneasy and broken marriage from the start. He trained with his boyhood club Flamengo before opting to sign a deal with the rival team who had made him a better offer. His relationship with the supporters of the Timao was always fractious; he has been photographed making insulting gestures to the fans who grew weary of his expanding belly and all-night partying.

Ronaldo was in thrall to the sycophancy of the club president Andres Sanchez, who took him out to nightclubs and afforded him rest days when no other player was permitted them. A particularly rambunctious night on the tiles cost the general manager, Antonio Carlos Zago, his job. He was physically decaying. There were reports of liposuction and the once lightning fast forward had recently taken to wearing special socks to combat the effects of varicose veins. His dream of bowing gracefully out of the game with Corinthians and leading the team to the Libertadores title has been shattered. There is nowhere left for Ronaldo to turn. His good will has expired. It is time to go.

It is a woefully ill-fitting end for the Phenomenon. But his was a career that was fraught with poignancy. It began with unlimited promise and ended with much of it unfulfilled. He is the best finisher the world has ever seen, one of the greatest players of all time, yet it is still wondered what might have been.
What might have been had he stayed longer than a single season at Barcelona? He was only 19 years of age when he held la Liga in the palm of his hand. The celebration of the late Sir Bobby Robson after Ronaldo's indescribable solo effort against Compostela encapsulates what every other observer felt watching; incredulous and proud.

What might have been had he not suffered whatever he suffered the day of the 1998 World Cup final? He was not healthy that day in Paris. His mind was elsewhere. He was reduced to a pale shadow, a poor imitation of his fearsome self as Zidane and co. romped to victory.

What might have been if his fragile knee held out, at least the second time? He returned too early after hobbling out of the game against Lecce and into his second home, the surgeon's bed. The aborted comeback against Lazio makes for uncomfortable viewing, even now, more than a decade later. In all honesty, Ronaldo never recovered from it.

To be able to take his place in the pantheon of the game's elite is a remarkable achievement for a player who missed almost four accumulative years of his career through serious and debilitating injury. To think that a forward who three times won the FIFA World Player of the Year award and twice the Ballon d'Or failed to deliver on his potential is frightening and yet bittersweet.

What else could there have been? Somewhere along the way the caricature, el Gordo, superseded the myth of il Fenomeno. A faster, more powerful and more direct forward has not yet been seen since the great Ronaldo regressed. His accuracy in front of goal remains unsurpassed. But legacy is not a currency. With it you cannot pay for immunity. Ronaldo fell far at Corinthians. But in my mind now, he retired in 2002 after scoring two goals against Germany in the World Cup final. He draped the Brazil flag over his shoulders, held the trophy and smiled his toothy smile.

Goodbye Fenomeno.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a mistranslation. He said at Milan he learned that the only thing to fix his problem was a banned substance, so he struggled with his weight instead of taking them. He WAS NOT given any banned substances.

Yeah, you're right. I watched it live. One is born with hyperthyroid, no way in hell you can get this from hormones lol

BTW from where it come from Mrk?

Edit: Brazilian TV is saying MilanLab "discovered" his hypertyroidism back in 2007, and it was made public at the time.

Last edited:

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva

Thanks for clearing that up

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
wow

goodbye ronaldo

best striker
:thumbsup: :star:

he was fucking incredible when he played for us. who knows what would have happend if he didnt get injured...

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1297667404_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Good Bye Il Phenomena. Admittedly I didn't watch much from you, but I can remember 2002 World Cup, 2006 World Cup, and the time you played at Milan. I grew up hearing about you, and I've watched a lot of videos with your goals and skills...AMAZING PLAYER.

Tulouch

Primavera
Reaction score
my idol the reason why i play and watch football
goodbye ronaldo <3 true phenomenon

Schedule