Official: José Manuel Reina Thread

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Reina ... ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
first off, i want a cigarette..that gif actually made me get a cigarette

secondly, i want a lemon cookie. or i should say...a cookie with lemon frosting

third...i hope abbiati goes into politics when he retires, like sheva and weah

Here you go:
QFo2G.gif

Source?

No thanks, Reina has been dreadful.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Personally liverpool as whole has been dreadful, and goalkeeping is about form and confidence something reina has been low on since all the spainards(quality) left liverpool.

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Maldini, Sheva, Cutrone, Romagnoli
Here you go:
QFo2G.gif

Source?

No thanks, Reina has been dreadful.

Source is voetbalzone.nl

You guys r right with dissing Reina as he's ultra crap, atm, but he's proven himself aswell otherwise Liverpool would've bought another shittier GK for like 40mil+. He has epic reflexes and good in the air/one on ones, he just sometimes fucks up but way less often than Dida did and he's been our #1 goalie for a while, we even took CL with him in the goal. Also Reina is just 29, if he get's in his 30's he'll make less fuck ups I'm sure, and he certainly will be better than Abbiati within 2 years.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
I''ll take a 40 years old Abbiati over Reina

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Starting to read some rumours that this guy is honored with the intrests of Milan.

Knipsel.jpg

He's not always 100% reliable although I think the Seria A would make up for that atleast a little, as there's less pressing than in the PL. Furthermore he has awesome reflexes and (I think) he's prety decent in the air. One on one he's not bad either.

He has a contract until 2016, but appearently (rumours though) he might be listed this january, as Liverpool has already shown intrests in Michel Vorm (Swansea) and Dorus De Vries ( Wolves).

I'd say he'd be a good buy, but it'll depend on the fee we put down for him.

What do you guys think?

(PS: Might already have a topic from some time ago, just checked page one, cba looking further.)

Funny-hell-naw-hell-no-rapper-tyler-the-creator-Favim.com-357923.jpg

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think we have bigger problem areas than the goalkeepers and in truth Abbiati is not that bad and although he's prone to errors most modern day keepers are .What I am sure of is Amelia over the last few years hasn't really progressed which is a shame so hopefully Gabriel can develop over the next few years but that is a long term plan.i really can't see Abbiati going longer than 2 seasons and if that's the case i think we need to look at someone younger taking the responsibilities of captain next season especially with a young brigade coming through .I know Abbiati seems the most qualified and we don't have a huge surplus of leaders in the squad but if Montolivo proves himself this season i think he may be a worthy candidate .

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think we have bigger problem areas than the goalkeepers and in truth Abbiati is not that bad and although he's prone to errors most modern day keepers are .What I am sure of is Amelia over the last few years hasn't really progressed which is a shame so hopefully Gabriel can develop over the next few years but that is a long term plan.i really can't see Abbiati going longer than 2 seasons and if that's the case i think we need to look at someone younger taking the responsibilities of captain next season especially with a young brigade coming through .I know Abbiati seems the most qualified and we don't have a huge surplus of leaders in the squad but if Montolivo proves himself this season i think he may be a worthy candidate .

I like Milans politic of offering the captaincy to the player who is the longest with the club, other clubs often fail at this and give this role to people who are very talented but not necessarily good captains, our model had good results so far.

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
to an extent i agree in Baresi and Maldini but Ambrosini's lack of first team action doesn't really show it as being successful.I too don't believe that it should go to the most talented player but Baresi and Maldini lead the team for long periods both on and off the pitch and i'm not sure Abbiati can do that especially over a long period of time .

when we appointed Ambro as captain i wasn't against it and in truth his injuries could have happened to anyone .the fact is though now even fit he isn't able to really play out games and i don't think he has the influence he once had .a young team needs a present leader and if abbiati can do that over a few seasons that's ok but hopefully the plan is to really create a long term leader out of one of our younger players .

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
you have to meet halfway with service, talent, and leadership.

Obviously you dont want a new signing to be captain, but it isnt unreasonable to give the armband to a player that has been here a couple years, is a first team regular, and who has shown leadership.

For example, if Silva had stayed he would have been an ideal captain despite having less games than a number of other players

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Another one of inzaghi's bitches :proud:

The good old deflection off a pirlo freekick. Bet we would have lost had Ibra played instead of him :o

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
to an extent i agree in Baresi and Maldini but Ambrosini's lack of first team action doesn't really show it as being successful.I too don't believe that it should go to the most talented player but Baresi and Maldini lead the team for long periods both on and off the pitch and i'm not sure Abbiati can do that especially over a long period of time .

when we appointed Ambro as captain i wasn't against it and in truth his injuries could have happened to anyone .the fact is though now even fit he isn't able to really play out games and i don't think he has the influence he once had .a young team needs a present leader and if abbiati can do that over a few seasons that's ok but hopefully the plan is to really create a long term leader out of one of our younger players .

you have to meet halfway with service, talent, and leadership.

Obviously you dont want a new signing to be captain, but it isnt unreasonable to give the armband to a player that has been here a couple years, is a first team regular, and who has shown leadership.

For example, if Silva had stayed he would have been an ideal captain despite having less games than a number of other players

The armband can also be a heavy load to carry, I have experienced this with my national team where it became a bigger question than it ever should have been. I think this can happen to every player, even to somebody like Silva, Nesta was more the leader than him, I don´t now if loosing Nesta + an additional responsibility would have been good for him. With Milans system you have a very good chance to get an player who is fond of his role and furthermore many mature players know if they have the power to accept the armband and refuse it otherwise. I don´t believe that it gives you always ideal people but I think at least it prevents many players to get too much too soon and gives them a goal to achieve.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
finaleeeeeeee
Tf4hcpj.png

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
wait

dude started 2 threads back in 2012, and both eventually become our players :eek:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reina in Milano!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well, he was on the field yesterday so it's logical to have mediacals today.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Official: Pepe Reina Thread

Welcome to our new GK, Pepe Reina :thumbsup: hopefully he can be useful this season

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Hopefully 1st choice and we sell Donna.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
please punch Donna in the face from time to time