Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
MB, forget about enjoying your beer in this match :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
MB, forget about enjoying your beer in this match :lol:

Yeah I know :lol:. But these are not the games I expect to be calm victories. Games vs the likes of Frosinone, Spal and Cagliari are.

I'm hoping for a fun game and a victory would be very sweet. Even better if we manage a clean sheet and shut down Zapata who's on a monster form.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Most important match of the season thus far..

It is a real tactical choice.. Should we play freely the way other big teams played at Bergamo, and risk conceding? If we open up as we did against Cagliari last night, I can guarantee it will be at least a 2-2 game if not higher scores.

Or should be clam up with minimal space between Piatek and Romagnoli and go for a 1-0?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
2018/19 AC Milan 2-2 Atalanta
-
2017/18 Atalanta 1-1 AC Milan
2017/18 AC Milan 0-2 Atalanta
-
2016/17 Atalanta 1-1 AC Milan
2016/17 AC Milan 0-0 Atalanta
-
2015/16 Atalanta 2-1 AC Milan
2015/16 AC Milan 0-0 Atalanta
-
2014/15 Atalanta 1-3 AC Milan
2014/15 AC Milan 0-1 Atalanta
-
2013/14 Atalanta 2-1 AC Milan
2013/14 AC Milan 3-0 Atalanta
-
2012/13 Atalanta 0-1 AC Milan
2012/13 AC Milan 0-1 Atalanta

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Haven't won in four seasons. Huuuuge game this.

I hope we play cautiously and win 2-0, Piatek x2.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Most important match of the season thus far..

It is a real tactical choice.. Should we play freely the way other big teams played at Bergamo, and risk conceding? If we open up as we did against Cagliari last night, I can guarantee it will be at least a 2-2 game if not higher scores.

Or should be clam up with minimal space between Piatek and Romagnoli and go for a 1-0?

I think the choice is obvious and knowing Gattuso we will definitely be played a deeper block than usual and Suso/Calha will be tracking their wingbacks rather than stretching the back three. Our back four need to stay as narrow as possible. Expecting Paqueta to play an important role (along with Kessie) as our way out of being so deep. We’ll probably depend on them getting freekicks to move us up the field. We won’t be trying to dominate possession with aggressive positioning I’m sure of that.

It will be Prime Grintuso.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think the choice is obvious and knowing Gattuso we will definitely be played a deeper block than usual and Suso/Calha will be tracking their wingbacks rather than stretching the back three. Our back four need to stay as narrow as possible. Expecting Paqueta to play an important role (along with Kessie) as our way out of being so deep. We’ll probably depend on them getting freekicks to move us up the field. We won’t be trying to dominate possession with aggressive positioning I’m sure of that.

The team has finally begun to express Gattuso's football. If we manage to execute his gameplan I think we'll be a perfect antidote to Atalantas football. We are really very solid at the back.

Expecting a dominant Bakayoko display. What you say about Paqueta and Kessie is on point. Maybe we finally get that Hakan free kick :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have to say it's a pleasant feeling to have a working starting XI with players like Biglia, Conti, Castillejo, Cutrone, Caldara and Laxalt coming up behind that first XI to provide depth. We potentially have a very strong squad going into this top 4 push.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Lombardy derby.

One of the craziest matches for the fans in the stadium.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Holy f they've almost scored 20 more goals than us.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we absolutely dominated them in the reverse fixture for solid 70 minutes. but after that they were on top and could have even won against us. much have changed since. they are on a fine form and we aren't doing that bad either. i expect us to dominate this game and get a win.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
they scored 51 goals but conceded 31 .. we should score 2 in the first half please , make it easier for ourselves ..

but shouldnt forget how they drew 3 - 3 with roma and beat rube

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Will be our toughest game up until against Inter. I expect us to win the game, but it will be very hard and (dear Lord forgive me for my words) I'd settle for a draw here. Against Empoli, Sassuolo and Chievo we should pick up all the 9 points.

Piatek x2. FT: Atalanta 1-2 Milan

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
We simply have to be efficient with the chances we get, plenty of openings against Atalanta. Now we have a striker that isn't a pouty and wasteful bum so I'm optimistic.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

This is what I'm expecting and surely what Gasperini is expecting as well. So mayyybe we could all get a surprise in the first 20 minutes. They do have a weakness in the center of defense. Mancini is good, but he's more good as a ball-playing, scoring defender than as a defending defender. A quick 1-0 or 2-0 and then playing a more balanced game might be a winning strategy.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Atalanta is tough,draw wouldn't be bad here.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
A draw is the only decent outcome, but we desperately need a win to keep 4th spot dreams alive.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Time to break from the modern Milan mentality. A draw is almost as bad as a lose here. All Roma and Lazio have to do is be in half decent form then they could be in 4th at the end.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
2-1 to us.

Duvan opener, Piatek to equalize. Gattuso unleashes 442 for the last 20 minutes and Cutrone scores a 90th minute winner.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
No way we win this.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
toughest game of the season vs a very good team. We can beat them but it is certainly going to be a tough matchup. Atalanta are a top quality side and are capable of beating any team at their best.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
different opinions here :D some say park the bus, some say dont park the bus

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
toughest game of the season vs a very good team. We can beat them but it is certainly going to be a tough matchup. Atalanta are a top quality side and are capable of beating any team at their best.

Don't overdo it. Napoli and Juve are way tougher.