The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Up and Coming Talent/Pedobear Thread
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2010, 23:11   #19
Revolution
Io Ci Credo

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
Whoever wrote the spiel at the end of that video needs a slap. 10 years old is too young to start selling your kid.
I agree. The kid has some talent though. Good looking shot for a 10 year old. I don't know where he's from, but I know in America (where a ton of younger kids play soccer), most of them suck ass. The practices are pointless and most kids that age have 0 ball control ability, let alone any tactical or positional awareness. My point is that any kid who practices a lot can run circles around the other, but this kid has some good ball control, which is a very good start.

Also having huge expectations for your kid, is the WORST thing you can do for them. Just encourage them to do what they love. If he loves the game, encourage him to keep playing, to keep training, but don't force him or expect anything specific from him.

EDIT: Just finished watching.... there's a 2 and a half minute advertisement for the kid.... That's a bit much. If the kid wants to become a professional you take him to one of the many camps set up by big teams and try to get him a trial overseas in a couple years.

Signature
ONORATE I NOSTRI COLORI

Last edited by Revolution; 30-10-2010 at 23:20.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote