The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Socio #Milan ???
Nessuno sa nulla perchè stanno facendo tutto nella massima riservatezza. Giornali e fake account vengono puntualmente smentiti e spero che oggi non faranno altri nomi almeno si evitano figuracce.
Per me è cinese, le mie indagini le ho fatte e il nome l’ho fatto.

Girardi says Chinese like MR....

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ESPN – Sky and Perform win Serie A domestic TV rights

British broadcaster Sky and sports media group Perform won the rights to screen Serie A matches in Italy, paying a combined total of more than €973 each season, the league's chairman said.

Sky and Perform outbid Mediaset, Italy's biggest commercial broadcaster, which had strained its finances to buy rights in the previous three-year tender. The league has been trying for a year to auction the rights for 2018-21.

"The sale of TV rights has finally reached a conclusion," chairman Gaetano Micciche said.

Micciche said Sky had secured "the main chunk" of the matches, which were sold in bundles.

Under the terms of the sale, the league is entitled to a further €100m each season based on results achieved by Sky and Perform in terms of subscriptions and revenues, he said.

Sky said in a statement that it had secured exclusive rights to broadcast live 266 matches every season, or seven out of 10 games being played on a given day.

Serie A kicked off a new bidding round for 2018-21 rights earlier this month after it cancelled a contract awarding them to the Spanish multimedia group Mediapro.

The decision was taken after the Chinese-owned Mediapro failed to present the necessary bank guarantees. [lol :lol:]

Mediapro had been expected to auction the rights to other operators but its tender was also cancelled by a Milan judge in May on grounds that it breached antitrust rules. This followed a legal challenge from Sky's Italian subsidiary.

Mediapro did not take part in Wednesday's auction for the rights of the 400 matches, Reuters reported earlier on Wednesday.

The 2017-18 season of Serie A, which ended in May, was aired by both Sky's Italian subsidiary and Mediaset's pay-TV arm Premium.

Mediaset said in a statement it had offered a total of €600m over three years and would now contact the winners of the tender to secure a deal in order to give its pay-TV customers access to some of the matches.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Currently, at Milan, there's maximum confidence on who the shareholder will be, and it's a certainly it will be announced by the end of the month. However, for the moment the name is a top secret.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Socio #Milan ???
Nessuno sa nulla perchè stanno facendo tutto nella massima riservatezza. Giornali e fake account vengono puntualmente smentiti e spero che oggi non faranno altri nomi almeno si evitano figuracce.
Per me è cinese, le mie indagini le ho fatte e il nome l’ho fatto.

Girardi says Chinese like MR....

Girardi isn't the best source + most italian outlets have said that it will be either an American, Arab or Malaysian. Not a Chinese or Italian.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All that said, once again, all this shows how clueless medias are in Italy.

I mean hey, "Li is a Fraud, no one knows him."

Two days later.

"Li is in the final stages of closing a deal with a minority-shareholder."

That's a big L for Italy's media outlets.

I mean no one knows the fraud who's dealing with Arabs, Malaysians, Americans and maybe Chinese who all are highly interested in buying shares of Milan, aye?

Boh. You tell me.

After all Fassone is right when he says that it's wasted time to deal with italian journos spreading bs day in day out no matter what he says and how often he says it. There's a few journos who are doing their job, the rest is total rubbish and not worth even reading it.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ESPN – Sky and Perform win Serie A domestic TV rights

British broadcaster Sky and sports media group Perform won the rights to screen Serie A matches in Italy, paying a combined total of more than €973 each season, the league's chairman said.

Sky and Perform outbid Mediaset, Italy's biggest commercial broadcaster, which had strained its finances to buy rights in the previous three-year tender. The league has been trying for a year to auction the rights for 2018-21.

"The sale of TV rights has finally reached a conclusion," chairman Gaetano Micciche said.

Micciche said Sky had secured "the main chunk" of the matches, which were sold in bundles.

Under the terms of the sale, the league is entitled to a further €100m each season based on results achieved by Sky and Perform in terms of subscriptions and revenues, he said.

Sky said in a statement that it had secured exclusive rights to broadcast live 266 matches every season, or seven out of 10 games being played on a given day.

Serie A kicked off a new bidding round for 2018-21 rights earlier this month after it cancelled a contract awarding them to the Spanish multimedia group Mediapro.

The decision was taken after the Chinese-owned Mediapro failed to present the necessary bank guarantees. [lol :lol:]

Mediapro had been expected to auction the rights to other operators but its tender was also cancelled by a Milan judge in May on grounds that it breached antitrust rules. This followed a legal challenge from Sky's Italian subsidiary.

Mediapro did not take part in Wednesday's auction for the rights of the 400 matches, Reuters reported earlier on Wednesday.

The 2017-18 season of Serie A, which ended in May, was aired by both Sky's Italian subsidiary and Mediaset's pay-TV arm Premium.

Mediaset said in a statement it had offered a total of €600m over three years and would now contact the winners of the tender to secure a deal in order to give its pay-TV customers access to some of the matches.

Wait. 973 m A YEAR? Isn't this huge? How much was it till now?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All that said, once again, all this shows how clueless medias are in Italy.

I mean hey, "Li is a Fraud, no one knows him."

Two days later.

"Li is in the final stages of closing a deal with a minority-shareholder."

That's a big L for Italy's media outlets.

I mean no one knows the fraud who's dealing with Arabs, Malaysians, Americans and maybe Chinese who all are highly interested in buying shares of Milan, aye?

Boh. You tell me.

After all Fassone is right when he says that it's wasted time to deal with italian journos spreading bs day in day out no matter what he says and how often he says it. There's a few journos who are doing their job, the rest is total rubbish and not worth even reading it.

Li is a fraud, no one knows him and he bought an overvalued Milan and can’t repay his loans so to pay his debts Li is in the final stages of closing a deal with a minority-shareholder. See? That wasn’t so hard. Also, he’s not selling a minority share, let’s be clear here. He’s selling the whole club, slowly.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Should have sold to Mr. Bee way back when all the selling of Milan talk started

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Li is just another greedy person who took on more than he could handle.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazzetta - Milan, il passivo del b ilancio sarà di circa 75 milioni di euro

We close the season at -75mil

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Gazzetta - Milan, il passivo del b ilancio sarà di circa 75 milioni di euro

We close the season at -75mil

Multiple takeovers...cash injections left and right.
Year 0 for the accounting department.
Year 2 for our squad.

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Vito Angelé: Milan’s new shareholder will be named at the board of directors meeting on Friday. Milan now has hope regarding the Europa League and will be able heavily invest in the transfer window once again.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Li is a fraud, no one knows him and he bought an overvalued Milan and can’t repay his loans so to pay his debts Li is in the final stages of closing a deal with a minority-shareholder. See? That wasn’t so hard. Also, he’s not selling a minority share, let’s be clear here. He’s selling the whole club, slowly.

Oh yes actually it was. And you know, that's exactely the point: Medias once said "The Chinese doesn't exist", then "No one knows them", then "The Chinese are frauds and soon we're in the hands of Elliot", and now suddenly "They are negotiating with Americans, Arabs, Malaysians and other Chinese". Not bad for a fraud no one knows and once didn't even exist, huh?

You see. Medias are clueless. They change their story every week, always in retroperspective. Why? Because they don't know shit.

Li's plan was always to find other investors to back him up. I'm pretty sure even Fassone admitted it 6 months ago. I think even MR said this once some weeks ago, although I don't know if he expected that those additional shareholders couldn't be not from China (actually we still don't know yet). Hell, the moment Li bought us with a vulture-fund it was clear as day that he alone isn't able to buckle the financial weight of ACM and never will be. Why it's suddenly such a huge thing?

I mean, so many people acting like Li is selling now out of pure panic while no one even considers the possibility that this was the plan all time long. At this point I'm not even sure if he ever intended to stay in controll of the club or pull another Thohir. We don't know. We'll see. I surely won't pretend like I knew what's going on right now behind closed doors. As long as we don't know the figures we can't even say if Li is actually loosing money. It's pure speculation. Let's not get ahead of ourselfs like italian media outles.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Vito Angelé: Milan’s new shareholder will be named at the board of directors meeting on Friday. Milan now has hope regarding the Europa League and will be able heavily invest in the transfer window once again.

Immobile, Depay, Martins & Bruno Fernandes incoming

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
I personally feel sorry to Yonghong Li. One year acquaring Milan, and he didn't even get the chance to make profit (or they will never be any profit at all)

In this state, he'll be the loser no matter what the outcome is.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh yes actually it was. And you know, that's exactely the point: Medias once said "The Chinese doesn't exist", then "No one knows them", then "The Chinese are frauds and soon we're in the hands of Elliot", and now suddenly "They are negotiating with Americans, Arabs, Malaysians and other Chinese". Not bad for a fraud no one knows and once didn't even exist, huh?

You see. Medias are clueless. They change their story every week, always in retroperspective. Why? Because they don't know shit.

Li's plan was always to find other investors to back him up. I'm pretty sure even Fassone admitted it 6 months ago. I think even MR said this once some weeks ago, although I don't know if he expected that those additional shareholders couldn't be not from China (actually we still don't know yet). Hell, the moment Li bought us with a vulture-fund it was clear as day that he alone isn't able to buckle the financial weight of ACM and never will be. Why it's suddenly such a huge thing?

I mean, so many people acting like Li is selling now out of pure panic while no one even considers the possibility that this was the plan all time long. At this point I'm not even sure if he ever intended to stay in controll of the club or pull another Thohir. We don't know. We'll see. I surely won't pretend like I knew what's going on right now behind closed doors. As long as we don't know the figures we can't even say if Li is actually loosing money. It's pure speculation. Let's not get ahead of ourselfs like italian media outles.

You’re missing the point. Li was buying time to refinance the loan with Elliot, meaning pay them back with another longer, more lenient loan. He never managed to do that so now he’s forced to exit. This is what’s happening. Getting investors on board while losing control of Milan is not the same as refinancing. It means he lose his initial capital investments and goes out with basically nothing. It wasn’t his plan all along, obviously. His plan was to jump start the team, refinance the loan with Elliot and then have time to grow the team and get revenues. Now he’s out. It’s a big difference. I really don’t give a shit about what the media says, I’m saying IF he sells a minorty share to an investor it would be because they’ll also have the rights to buy the majority soon, basically an exit for Li. He failed.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
2 names I heard were cheng feng and zong qinghou.

But no concrete names. The secrecy is intense.

If it's one or both of the above, it'd suck that I couldn't confirm

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You’re missing the point. Li was buying time to refinance the loan with Elliot, meaning pay them back with another longer, more lenient loan. He never managed to do that so now he’s forced to exit. This is what’s happening. Getting investors on board while losing control of Milan is not the same as refinancing. It means he lose his initial capital investments and goes out with basically nothing. It wasn’t his plan all along, obviously. His plan was to jump start the team, refinance the loan with Elliot and then have time to grow the team and get revenues. Now he’s out. It’s a big difference. I really don’t give a shit about what the media says, I’m saying IF he sells a minorty share to an investor it would be because they’ll also have the rights to buy the majority soon, basically an exit for Li. He failed.

Something changed for sure. The original plan was to refinance the loan by April. Obvousoly, as you say, something changed.

However, we'll see when facts and figures come out if Li really goes out by loosing money or still keeps some shares or control over the Asian market to regain his money or even a tiny bit more. It's premature to draw him as the L in my opinion,.

And medias still have no clue. There's nothing different I wanted to say with my original post my friend :).

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Something changed for sure. The original plan was to refinance the loan by April. Obvousoly, as you say, something changed.

However, we'll see when facts and figures come out if Li really goes out by loosing money or still keeps some shares or control over the Asian market to regain his money or even a tiny bit more. It's premature to draw him as the L in my opinion,.

And medias still have no clue. There's nothing different I wanted to say with my original post my friend :).

Fair enough, but I don’t think there’s any chance Li doesn’t leave without a big, fat L. He invested way too much and whatever a new investor gives him will be less than what Elliot would have paid him after they sell the club. He’s getting the investor to take over since that will ensure he has some business with Milan in China. That’s so far less than what he came in with, and I don’t see any way out for him to get back even close to what’s been invested.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
A new shareholder is expected to come on board to help with the financial burden, but Gazzetta dello Sport reports that person will not be confirmed tomorrow

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough, but I don’t think there’s any chance Li doesn’t leave without a big, fat L. He invested way too much and whatever a new investor gives him will be less than what Elliot would have paid him after they sell the club. He’s getting the investor to take over since that will ensure he has some business with Milan in China. That’s so far less than what he came in with, and I don’t see any way out for him to get back even close to what’s been invested.

Yeah, tbh me neither.

But then again, I impossibly can't imagine that Li is a fraud who found half a billion just like that and then went out to loan another 330M on high-interests without having a plan A, B, C and maybe even D. Plan A obviously failed, but I don't think that a man who takes such a big risk in order to bring up so much money to buy such a historic club like ACM – even if he's shady and mysterious as Li – hasn't had any alternative strategy in case his initial plan failed.

And then there are still all those foreign and domestic bank institutes from both B and the Italian Governmenet who proved that this Li seems to be somewhat legit or credible enough to make this operation happen.

So yeah, I think what's happening now is not a panic-reaction because Li suddenly realises that he's broke af. I don't think that he's that unknown as medias want us to believe or that he's that much struggling to find new investors as outles always claimed. Because if that actually was the case I don't think that now suddenly Arabs, Americans, Malaysians and Chinese pop up out of nowhere and try to get their shares. To me what happens now fits more into Fassones words who always were something along "there are several options on the table and we are evaluating what's the best for the club".

Last edited:

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Poor man, looser, pirate, fraud, thief who deserves jail cause not paying debts, Berlusconi pigeon ... All this shit the Chinese is still in charge -> Give some respect to the man. Last season AC Milan finally gave us back some entertainment.

Why all the players don't terminate their contracts like Sporting players, probably because they can drink water in Casa Milan with their respective family ?

Hmm since last season Mendes is dealing with opaque Chinese owner because his wife likes jen shen therapy ?

Last edited:

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i repeted many times ,Li simple cant handle club like milan and he could go out from elliot side or he would sell part and repay to elliot and then sell rest.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score

tumblr_li0iwbfhOo1qbr1luo1_250.gif

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
********** - Milan, the axis with Mendes could come back very hot: for the attack there is always Falcao, in the middle of fashion Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.