Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
ufc roy nelson x minotauro prelims starting soon since it's in abu dhabi

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol, bedford knocked yahya down with a headbutt, didn't like the no contest result and they got mad at each other

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
worst cage-interviewer ever

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lol, bedford knocked yahya down with a headbutt, didn't like the no contest result and they got mad at each other

I think Bedford thinks because Formiga got a W when he headbutted Jorgensson, he can get away with it too.

Clay Guida...I fucking hate this fighter.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Bedford thinks because Formiga got a W when he headbutted Jorgensson, he can get away with it too.

Clay Guida...I fucking hate this fighter.

he may think that because of the heat of the moment, but it was pretty clear that it was a probably not intentional headbutt and the argueing was cool, but pretty lame to bedford, I hope he gets beated in the rematch

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he won't retire unless he really wants it, but probably dana white and his managers don't want it

mma has a huge market on brazil, the second after usa and minotauro, together with anderson, is the leading character on this

retiring minotauro means needing to hype mutante, pepey, massaranduba and other shit fighters

now roy nelson... this man is an alpha male, definitely

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roy+Nelson+vs.+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira.gif

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Am I the only one who's lost a little bit of interest in the UFC events?

it's too much, to many fodder events.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one who's lost a little bit of interest in the UFC events?

it's too much, to many fodder events.

:thumbsup:

I believe UFC should still keep WEC and StrikeForce event going. Keep all the fodder divisions (anything under 145 IMO) in WEC and use it have these boring cards where there are little interests/known commodities fighting. StrikeForce could be the same for heavier divisions.

Only top 15 of each division, legends, and superfights should be making UFC cards. Even with injuries and all that, I still think they can do 1 card per month or 1.5 months and they wouldn't be this diluted with all these fodder fights.

On a different note, Bisping lost :lol::lol::lol: There goes his run at the title.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
wec and strikeforce are buried. forget about it.

obviously there's a thought behind all this... and i wonder what Dana and the Fertitta brothers are thinking / planing.

Dana commented on this by saying "if you don't like the extra events, then don't watch"... ok, fair enough, but my problem is that this affects the events i want to see as well. when it's spread out like this you see fewer really great cards.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
From now on im only watching events where i like the fighters in them and only their fights, UFC is getting fucking boring.

To many fodder fights like you guys said.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
wec and strikeforce are buried. forget about it.

obviously there's a thought behind all this... and i wonder what Dana and the Fertitta brothers are thinking / planing.

Dana commented on this by saying "if you don't like the extra events, then don't watch"... ok, fair enough, but my problem is that this affects the events i want to see as well. when it's spread out like this you see fewer really great cards.

I know they are gone, just my fantasy MMA situation.

Exactly, the events that we want to see now has 2-3 fodder fights maybe 1 okay fight and 1 good one. Overall, I am not thrilled with all of this.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it has been a very nice ufc so far, very agressive fights on the prelims, this is not common

now it's nurmadomedov, the skinny fedor, I love his style since I first saw him; he strikes aiming the ko and his grappling and strength are outstanding

so good to see him fighting, one of my favorites

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Jon Jones fight is next week right? Cant wait

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it has been a very nice ufc so far, very agressive fights on the prelims, this is not common

now it's nurmadomedov, the skinny fedor, I love his style since I first saw him; he strikes aiming the ko and his grappling and strength are outstanding

so good to see him fighting, one of my favorites

I really liked how the judges did not give Carmouche credit for "control" when she got on top and did 0. Traditional judging I could see Tate getting shafted even though she came out swinging later on.

I was also (pleasantly) surprised by Werdum. He looked like he really got in a rhythm and just Browne apart.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
That was a great finish from the Cowboy, jab and strangle perfectly executed :thumbsup::star:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really liked how the judges did not give Carmouche credit for "control" when she got on top and did 0. Traditional judging I could see Tate getting shafted even though she came out swinging later on.

I was also (pleasantly) surprised by Werdum. He looked like he really got in a rhythm and just Browne apart.

werdum is the biggest stand up game evolution that I've seen on this sport, really fast and, ironically, I would ask for more about his ground-game; I don't know if he was that confident about his stand up game, but he tried some things on the ground, failed and let travis stand up and to stay on top in the ground should be easier for a heavyweight

it definitely won't be a good idea to do the same against cain as a wrestler's nightmare begins when they're with their back on the ground

still, I wouldn't think it's an obvious win by cain, I think werdum really has a chance

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

He was really impressive, he improved a lot since last time i saw him fight. I still don't think he has a chance in hell with Cain, the guy is just to big to fit to fast for anyone the UFC has on the roster ATM.

Like i said earlier, this was beautiful:

Donald+Cerrone+++vs.+++Edson+Barboza.gif

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ufc 172

Spoilers bellow:

Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway was a great fight, thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Hopefully Max becomes a champion one day, seems like a great lad.

Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson was a mauling from the later, who looked like a beast in his return to the UFC. Im surprised he didn't finish it in that first round. Davis was a pussy though, he was starting to throw a kick or a punch and was immediately backing out of it and that cost him the fight.

Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira went as expected, Glover couldn't finish him in the first 2 rounds with his hard shots and then Bones proceeded to pick him apart with his much diverse arsenal.

Bones has no Rival in this division except for the Mauler, can't wait for that re match.

Gonna watch the rest of the fights later, i heard they were great as well.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't think the second fight with gustafsson will be much different, I think that we saw gustafsson's finest in the first one, that is someone who can tie with jon jones, but not win

he can't hold jon jones on the bottom or knock him out and it's weird to think of a fight where gustafsson outplayed jon jones in the stand game enough to win

now cormier, I think that he's the most dangerous for jon jones on the light-heavyweight

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't think the second fight with gustafsson will be much different, I think that we saw gustafsson's finest in the first one, that is someone who can tie with jon jones, but not win

he can't hold jon jones on the bottom or knock him out and it's weird to think of a fight where gustafsson outplayed jon jones in the stand game enough to win

now cormier, I think that he's the most dangerous for jon jones on the light-heavyweight

Don't agree with that at all, Alexander matches Jones everywhere and the only reason the later one is that you have to "beat" the champion badly to take the belt away from him.

Guess will see in the rematch. Man Luke Rockhold is on a tear, i wanna see the rematch with Vitor badly. His ground game is off the charts:

00.gif%22

The guy has the potential to be a champion:thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think Gustafsson's biggest advantage would be his height against Jones

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
wat?

Gustafsson picked Jones apart with his boxing. That will still be his advantage - and yes, he closed distance and did very very well against Texeira but Gustafsson has sooo crisp boxing for MMA and he had it prior to Jones.

On the other hand..Jones elbows...they keep geeting more vicious :o rematch will be beautiful :).

Aslo everyone creamed about this card being one of the better in recent ages...eh. I don't know. If we're talking about main card then no...I didn't see prelims etc (wanted to see Gomi, will try to dl if aviable) but for me na. Though someone did have a very slick submission, can't remember who.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wat?

Gustafsson picked Jones apart with his boxing. That will still be his advantage - and yes, he closed distance and did very very well against Texeira but Gustafsson has sooo crisp boxing for MMA and he had it prior to Jones.

On the other hand..Jones elbows...they keep geeting more vicious :o rematch will be beautiful :).

Aslo everyone creamed about this card being one of the better in recent ages...eh. I don't know. If we're talking about main card then no...I didn't see prelims etc (wanted to see Gomi, will try to dl if aviable) but for me na. Though someone did have a very slick submission, can't remember who.

+1 to what u said.

Also it was Luke who had that submission, i posted the gif just a few posts up, granted it doesn't show the flick he did beforehand.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Don't agree with that at all, Alexander matches Jones everywhere and the only reason the later one is that you have to "beat" the champion badly to take the belt away from him.

Guess will see in the rematch. Man Luke Rockhold is on a tear, i wanna see the rematch with Vitor badly. His ground game is off the charts:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IwpHGmVe2Nw/U1x0YWhUsII/AAAAAAABCuo/ZthXBIc2TuI/s1600/00.gif"

The guy has the potential to be a champion:thumbsup:

yes, and it's based on that I don't believe much in gustafsson

gustafsson is a tough match for jon jones, but can he beat him badly? knock him out? submit him? I don't believe that, I think that the best gustafsson is the guy who crashes jon jones, but also gets crashed, just like the first fight; I'd love to see the rematch though I think daniel cormier deserves it first

daniel cormier was supposed to fight for the heavyweight title years ago, I think it's about time for him to have a chance and a man who already had a chance last year shouldn't be after him

btw, this is pretty much nasty, dirty and ridiculous:

7V2ArKq.gif

fingers.gif

xwBpctK.gif

XvMBN89.gif

fingers2.gif

fingers3.gif

6Puo.gif

it's ridiculous how ufc does nothing about it and dana white even publicly protects him, it's so disgusting that sounds like football, when rules seems to be bypassed for the sake of the ones who make more money

first of, he shouldn't even be allowed to open his hand with fingers pointed to the adversary, simply because eye poking isn't allowed (ever since ufc 1!) and because it sends a message saying "if you move forward, you're taking the risk of having your eyes poked" so even the jon jones don't eye-poke, he's threatening them with this illegal "shield"

second, there should be a 1 point punishment every fucking time a fighter poke his opponent eye, hit his pelvis or anything illegal because if you don't punish the one who shitted, you're gonna punish the one who got shitted once you're not 100% recovered 5 minutes after you get your eyes poked or your balls kicked; sometimes you even think you're fully recovered, but then you walk 2 steps and realize there's still pain on your pelvis or groins

Schedule