Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
People are immovable idiots at times.

Some slate the manager before he even has a competitive game and never move from that position.

I'd much rather be a 'kool aid drinking booby charlatan' than one of those, tbh, but even the boobies aren't perfect.

thoughts on Pioli? :o

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Takes a rivals offer to replace his fired mentor.

Questionable actions from a man who talks a lot about loyalty.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/sscnapoli/status/1204809112359452674/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1204809112359452674&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpulsembed.eu%2Fp2em%2Fkpa2x4fxx%2F

Nooooo :o:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Gattuso and ADL, what could go wrong?

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
The Napoli owner wanted a coach with the balls to keep the team in a ritiro

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I hope this is the move that takes his career to the next level. He has the right attitude and wisdom to succeed in a club like Napoli. He knows how to work with egomaniacal owners. He has never had talent like this to manage, and he would know that this is THE opportunity for him to build a really serious career.

Forza Rino!

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
Takes a rivals offer to replace his fired mentor.

Questionable actions from a man who talks a lot about loyalty.

he gave us our best season in years and we shit on him

myself included, talked a lot of bad about Rino

hindsight is 20/20 and I think it’s an understatement to say we’d be doing better had we kept Gattuso instead of GP

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he gave us our best season in years and we shit on him

myself included, talked a lot of bad about rino

hindsight is 20/20 and i think it’s an understatement to say we’d be doing better had we kept gattuso instead of gp
+1

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
hindsight is 20/20 and I think it’s an understatement to say we’d be doing better had we kept Gattuso instead of GP

yes

gazidis/gordon singer handled this the worst way possible..in the most damaging way to the club

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
wingers & 4-3-3 are boring.

Literally 90% of teams use it. Been that way for years now.

True history. The hype on wingers I think it starts with Ronaldinho at Barça, before that i think only Overmars were a truly good winger.

That wingers thing doesnt fit for us. 442 with or without a trequartista is the way to sucess again.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Wot? Fuck Utd’s wingers for a min (who are world class) you’ve left out 2 of the best from Brazil, Garrincha and Rivelino... Figo, Cruyff, Pires, Ginola, Joaquin there are loads more.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
One of the things I learned about Rino recently is that he has hired Jorge Mendes as his agent. Rino had rejected the Samp, Genoa job offers earlier in the season following Mendes' advise. They were expecting a bigger job to come around soon enough, and they were right.

I'm happy to see him taking this career seriously, since he has a genuine opportunity to be among the best of Italy's young managers.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
One of the things I learned about Rino recently is that he has hired Jorge Mendes as his agent. Rino had rejected the Samp, Genoa job offers earlier in the season following Mendes' advise. They were expecting a bigger job to come around soon enough, and they were right.

I'm happy to see him taking this career seriously, since he has a genuine opportunity to be among the best of Italy's young managers.

They have been working together since April this year.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Yeah, smart move. The press is saying he rejected 18 offers in total before agreeing to Napoli.

Some people (RnB especially) underrate his potential as coach. But, I guess he's been underrated all his life, so nothing new for him.

I can really see him becoming one of the greats. He's smarter than people think and has an extraordinary personality/mentality. There are many good tactical coaches, but few who are also great on a personal level, which is not of minor importance. Look at Klopp vs Guardiola for ex.

Players pour their heart out for coaches they have a close relationship with. It was a key part of Carlo's success in knockout tournaments. The same with Rino... it was seen last season with us, when we managed to score in last minutes of the game a lot of the time... and this happened yesterday at Napoli too.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, smart move. The press is saying he rejected 18 offers in total before agreeing to Napoli.

Some people (RnB especially) underrate his potential as coach. But, I guess he's been underrated all his life, so nothing new for him.

I can really see him becoming one of the greats. He's smarter than people think and has an extraordinary personality/mentality. There are many good tactical coaches, but few who are also great on a personal level, which is not of minor importance. Look at Klopp vs Guardiola for ex.

Players pour their heart out for coaches they have a close relationship with. It was a key part of Carlo's success in knockout tournaments. The same with Rino... it was seen last season with us, when we managed to score in last minutes of the game a lot of the time... and this happened yesterday at Napoli too.

The ability to bring the best out of a group by connecting with them on an emotional level, is a far more valuable quality in a top level manager, than tactical nous. Gattuso will always have that going for him.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
every time necro and congo judge a manager potential with their "wIsDoM"
that particular manager got jinxed

coincidence?
I think not
:lol:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Didn't he just win against the most in-form team in Italy?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, i'm curious to see how his Nipoli will evolve

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Sarri versus Gattuso. Will be interesting to see if Napoli just implode here.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
5 games 4 losses.
mamamia!
:lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rino still bringing the km's. I'm so jealous.
AgitatedBossyAsianconstablebutterfly-size_restricted.gif

117km
108km with 10 men....

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
the best thing is that he has been having his own staff for years now, implementation of his system can only become better

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I have thought about this a lot back and forth in my mind, and I have arrived at the conclusion that firing him was a huge mistake.

He should have been given a say on the market and given another season.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I have thought about this a lot back and forth in my mind, and I have arrived at the conclusion that firing him was a huge mistake.

Yes, for his all shortcomings he would've at least been able to promote grinitcs with Ibra to a squad of non-believers. It's all in retrospect though, since I - along with many others - thought GP was a smart choice.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, for his all shortcomings he would've at least been able to promote grinitcs with Ibra to a squad of non-believers. It's all in retrospect though, since I - along with many others - thought GP was a smart choice.

Rino didn't seem to want Ibra last year. He was openly questioning Ibra's impact on the dressing room.
And the Ibra to Napoli rumors died when he replaced Carlo.

Sure, Maldini didn't exactly beg him to stay, and the way it was settled was clearly approved by both parts, but Rino resigned, he wasn't fired. He left because he wanted to.

I miss grintics, but not so much his love for Suso. He got way too emotionally invested in Suso and Hakan. I wasn't looking forward to another season with Suso and Hakan in the front 3.

The huge mistake was to go into this season with Giampaolo as the coach and Suso as the key player. Not hindsight. It looked stupid from the beginning to the end.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He got way too emotionally invested in Suso and Hakan.

He's the kind of manager who gets emotionally invested in the players at his disposal and tries to bring the best out of them. He doesn't give up and keep pushing for a reinforcement. I really admire that quality in Rino.

How I miss him, man.. he was the best possible manager we could have had during this transitional period.