Coppa Italia Semi Finals: AC Milan vs Juventus – 13/02/2020 20:45 CET

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
There was a penalty in Brescia given for the same situation and Rizzoli said afterwards that he shouldn't have given the pen ��*♂️

It just has to be consistency.

Natural position? What is that. Is it where it is when feet planted, when jumping? Because people don't jump up with arms behind their back.

Do they have to know about it? If you're looking away can someone just kick it at your arm? Does that seem fair?

For me, the egregiousness of this relates to the point yesterday. I don't moan about Valeri giving the penalty as it was one for me, I moan about how Italy can be so corrupt and backwards to allow this nonsense.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How was that not a penalty?

The only thing more he could have done was pick the ball up.

Go and ban yourself, please.

Calabria's was a penalty, this was a penalty. One was called, one was. Surprisingly, to none, Juventus benefited.
Tiziano Pieri, former referee, who spoke at Rai Sport, stressed that the penalty kick whistled at Juventus should not have been awarded, also reporting an important precedent:

"when Ronaldo impacts Calabria's arm he is falling. I quote the words of Rizzoli, who met captains and coaches on 20th November, and commented an episode very similar to this one that happened at the league premiere at Cagliari-Brescia. If the player is shot he can't have any perception. On that occasion a penalty kick was awarded, Rizzoli in commenting with captains and coaches said that the one in Cagliari-Brescia should not be awarded as a penalty kick. They are very similar and even tonight he shouldn't have given a penalty kick.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It just has to be consistency.

Natural position? What is that. Is it where it is when feet planted, when jumping? Because people don't jump up with arms behind their back.

Do they have to know about it? If you're looking away can someone just kick it at your arm? Does that seem fair?

For me, the egregiousness of this relates to the point yesterday. I don't moan about Valeri giving the penalty as it was one for me, I moan about how Italy can be so corrupt and backwards to allow this nonsense.

Yep. It’s all about consistency and it never seems to be the case.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Tiziano Pieri, former referee, who spoke at Rai Sport, stressed that the penalty kick whistled at Juventus should not have been awarded, also reporting an important precedent:

"when Ronaldo impacts Calabria's arm he is falling. I quote the words of Rizzoli, who met captains and coaches on 20th November, and commented an episode very similar to this one that happened at the league premiere at Cagliari-Brescia. If the player is shot he can't have any perception. On that occasion a penalty kick was awarded, Rizzoli in commenting with captains and coaches said that the one in Cagliari-Brescia should not be awarded as a penalty kick. They are very similar and even tonight he shouldn't have given a penalty kick.

Good to know, so it's complete bollocks even without the nonsensical difference between matches

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Bullshit PK, bullshit first yellow for Theo, and Ladri cunts barely got booked.

Can't say I'm even surprised anymore. I'm more surprised Kessie and Calabria played an okay match.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
I hate that piece of shit valeri,just one yellow for rube!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bullshit PK, bullshit first yellow for Theo, and Ladri cunts barely got booked.

Can't say I'm even surprised anymore. I'm more surprised Kessie and Calabria played an okay match.

Tbh it surprises me every time Kessie doesn't do something horrid.

He plays as if he has two dead legs, just swinging baseballs attached to his pelvis.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hate Juve so much. They don't deserve shit.

If this Milan team was being played from the start of the season, we'd be top 4 without question.

The last few years have been fucking aggravating.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Typical juve, i hope our back up players will upset them at second leg

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
at least the fat pig didnt score. Would piss me off if that piece of shit scored and acted like he won CL again.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
We need results, trophies. Not satisfaction from a good game by Kessie and Calabria vs Juve who's been shit for months, especially their mf. In summer we'll still have the worst financial circumstances and no income from CL. I'm sorry but I really can't take much positives from this match

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
We need results, trophies. Not satisfaction from a good game by Kessie and Calabria vs Juve who's been shit for months, especially their mf. In summer we'll still have the worst financial circumstances and no income from CL. I'm sorry but I really can't take much positives from this match

Yes, but we've pruned our squad, and we will see the back of ciphers like Biglia.

As long as we don't do anything stupid like bring in Ragnick and throw away the work thus far, we'll do better next season.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
what a letdown, i somehow knew we would bottle it but to be robbed by juve again? stupid.

sigh refs in italy suck so bad. its even worse than in germany.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Yes, but we've pruned our squad, and we will see the back of ciphers like Biglia.

As long as we don't do anything stupid like bring in Ragnick and throw away the work thus far, we'll do better next season.

Chances are that you're right but I'm just gutted. I really believe we would've had a good chance at winning the Coppa but now it's highly unlikely. And all this after the game vs Inter and missing out on a win and clean sheet in the 89th vs ladri in a horrible manner.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I don’t understand, why does Ibra misses the next game because of a card in 2011? How does that make sense?? Someone explain pls

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Never a PK, Calabria had no intent and his arms not in an unnatural movement and the shot was from super short distance. If one gives PK like that one practically opens up the possibility of just shooting at players arms to get PKs and that can't be in the spirit of the rule.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Never a PK, Calabria had no intent and his arms not in an unnatural movement and the shot was from super short distance. If one gives PK like that one practically opens up the possibility of just shooting at players arms to get PKs and that can't be in the spirit of the rule.

Was about to comment that too. It really is a viable tactic to aim for players, especially if you're not clear on goal

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
No penalty. Never ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
13/2/20 MilanJuve 1-1
• 1 RC 6YC Milan
• Hand ball pen Juve
• 1 YC Juve
10/11/19 JuveMilan 1-0
• 5 YC Milan
• 1 YC Juve
6/4/19 JuveMilan 2-1
• Uncalled Hand ball pen Milan
16/1/19 JuveMilan 1-0
• RC Milan
11/11/18 MilanJuve 0-2
• RC Milan
#MilanJuve

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well that was disappointing. Really boring game. While watching I actually realized I dont think I've ever seen Juventus play a fun game. Maybe the old "ghost goal"-game was a bit exciting. Sort of says it all for that team.

Referee was obviously awful. The penalty is... well... rules. They are allowed to call for that. Or not call, I suppose. The rules are weird. I am more annoyed by everything else he did. He was really bad for 90 minutes, made the game even worse than it had to be.

AC Milan was obviously the better team.

Just as with Juventus, I am always dissappinted in CR. Dont get me wrong, fans trying to compare him to Messi are obviously ridiculous, but I still often find myself a bit carried by the hype anyway and look forward to watching him. And then it's just.. meh. With a penalty or sitter as cherry, but no cake.

What I will say about CR though his is agility at age 35. What. The. Fuck. This game had two players that does not age physically.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
How was that not a penalty?

The only thing more he could have done was pick the ball up.

Go and ban yourself, please.

Calabria's was a penalty, this was a penalty. One was called, one was. Surprisingly, to none, Juventus benefited.

Don't be soft. Neither was a penalty. What is Calabria supposed to do, jump with his hands behind his back. Is De Vrij supposed to spring with his hands behind his back? If anything, putting your hands behind your back is much more unnatural than running like a normal person, meaning your hands will be moving in that motion.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The ball was out of the box and 10 feet away from Cuadrado, wtf are you smoking? That could have been a yellow on review but not a PK.

If it's a yellow, how would it not be a PK? It was inside the box. The point is, why would you elbow a guy in the face if the ball is so far away from him? No need.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t understand, why does Ibra misses the next game because of a card in 2011? How does that make sense?? Someone explain pls

Kuja made that up to get attention. Ibra is suspended because he received a yellow card today and one in the last Coppa match against Torino a few weeks ago.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
If it's a yellow, how would it not be a PK? It was inside the box. The point is, why would you elbow a guy in the face if the ball is so far away from him? No need.

No a yellow in the box is not an automatic PK, the ball has to be there...it was an idiotic thing to do but the ball wasn’t there.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cuadrado was leaning in in a weird way, apart from being an overly dramatic player in general. I think that incident was simply nothing really. Not the most clever way to defend though.

Paquetà asked for a yellow card though, but that wasn't even a foul in the eyes of that brilliant ref.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
13/2/20 MilanJuve 1-1
• 1 RC 6YC Milan
• Hand ball pen Juve
• 1 YC Juve
10/11/19 JuveMilan 1-0
• 5 YC Milan
• 1 YC Juve
6/4/19 JuveMilan 2-1
• Uncalled Hand ball pen Milan
16/1/19 JuveMilan 1-0
• RC Milan
11/11/18 MilanJuve 0-2
• RC Milan
#MilanJuve

Honestly really disgusting.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Theres a debate going on when dudes' arm is almost hyper extended and he has stopped a shot on target? :fp:

It's a clear pen.

What happens in other games has no bearing on ours.

I'm quite used to really dumb Milan RBs.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
its not, and i cant blame calabria. But the rules are if the arm is extended and blocks a shot in the box its a pen automatically, which is what happened here.

i don't think rule is about extended arm but rather arm on unnatural position. whatever that means.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meh. None of the referee decisions got me as pissed off as the derby ref whistling for foul when Kessie stole the ball from Brozovic right outside their penalty area or when he denied a PK for Ibra in the 87th minute just because Ibra didn't decide to exaggerate when he got double pushed by Barella and Skriniar.

Good reaction to the derby loss and lots of positive things to be seen in the last games.
Juve needed a red card and random penalty as usual...but this time only just to get a draw.

No Ibra, Samu or Theo in the 2nd leg.
Leao-Rebic were terrible together against Verona at San Siro, but they'll get more opportunities to counterattack against Juve in Turin.
Saelemakers will hopefully get his first start. I'll be interesting to see what he can offer as RW/RM.

Schedule