Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
rio ferdinand:

Dr_finklestein.jpg

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I was hoping that you'd impute some nonexistent Serie A bias to me....the same guy who got everyone's panties in a bunch when he said that Gattuso was overrated and that Keane/Vieria>>>>Gattuso. Then there was the reaction to my views on P!rlo :proud:

See, I'm fair. I'll acknowledge great players from all leagues. Pirlo is/was an immense player. I remember telling you Pirlo would do better in a team with better movement and no statues ahead of him. Most disagreed. He went to Juve and proved me right :cool:

That should be no surprise though :o

Vieira/Keane was quite clearly superior to Gattuso. Gattuso was a much more limited player. Keane for eg had his defensive work and was also far, far better creatively (Keane was actually the more creative midfielder with 3 of his 4 main partners). Vieira obviously was too.

Though I don't ever remember saying Gattuso was overrated. In fact if you remember I argued with the fools that argued with me when I claimed Gattuso was Milan's star player the year they KO'd United. My favorite Milan player, Beckham aside. But then outside of this forum I've never seen anyone really praise him to the moon. I can't remember what people on here thought of him.

I'm the same guy that said that Ronaldinho would destroy even a prime Maldini.....but somehow I consider SerieA players gods :rolleyes:

Destroy?

Ronaldinho could have destroyed anyone on his day. That much is obvious. Didn't he rape Nesta one time?

Rio came to United in 2002 and I believe got the ass raping of his life when :star:Ronaldo:star: scored three halftime goals against him.

Indeed he did. Rio did take time to adapt to United though. Rio wasn't really great in his first year, mind. Got a lot of stick.

If you consider the players Nesta's been up against: ZZ, R9, Totti, Batistuta, Shevchenko, Vieri, Ibrahimovic, ADP(in his prime too), Adriano, Ivan Zamorano, Baggio I'd have to say that Nesta has had fiercer competition....btw,

Because they were great players in the years Serie A was at it's best, right? People rely far too much on nostalgia. Why were the greats of one period all so much better than the greats of another? It's interesting when you look at people's responses on here - they'll go crazy about those on top when Italy and Spain were dominating, yet in comparison dismiss the period when the EPL was dominating. I think this point is more appropriate when talking about defenders though - Campbell, Rio, Vidic, Terry, Calvalho, King - world class defenders who would have stood out in any league at any time.

Torres/Shearer/Eto'o/Henry/Owen and co were all incredible themselves. I should have added Suarez to my list as well, btw. 12/13, on one leg Rio made Suarez his bitch.

I get a lot of it is because of childhood nostalgia, but still...

Incidentally I never said Rio > Nesta but I digress. Well no actually I did say in 07/08 Rio > all.

when did Rio face/rape iBra?
08/09 Champions League. A crippled Rio, no less. Someone mentioned the sign of a genuine great player is someone who can play to a high level throughout injuries - Rio couldn't train and could hardly walk for days after matches for several years, starting in 08/09.

And didn't Drogba own the shit out of Rio as well :conf:

*edit* click here :o

I don't think Drogba ever had a good game vs United. Scored a couple - FA Cup game, an offside goal to win the league, once in the CL...but I could easily say Rooney destroys Liverpool because he's scored quite a few goals against them, when in reality Rooney has never, ever played well against Liverpool. Not once.

Drogba never scared United like Torres did for about 18 months, for eg.

Last edited:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rio retiring from playing football? Yes.

Rio retiring from sucking phallus? No.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
lol at drogba never having a good game against man.utd. He has scored three goals, yes, thats true but u do realise he has 9 assists to his name vs man.utd ?? drogba in his prime was known as a big team slayer, he destroyed arsenal, liverpool and united for fun. If he wasnt scoring, he still manages to make an impact by providing assists to his team mates.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
huh... most english dudes I know swear to their mother that John Terry was better than Rio in 07-08..

meh..

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The amount they could spend on Shaw is around the same, if not more, they could spend on an already very, very good left back (Baines). I would always be more willing to spend that money on someone who you can rely on rather than someone who could potentially flop.

Baines is 30 this year. No.

As for the Terry thing, terry was immense under Mourinho in his first time in charge. Never hit those heights again though.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
John terry aka lionheart is the best english cb ever. J.t >>>>>>>>>>>>■ vidic and rio. I would put J.T on par with samuel and lucio etc, very close to nesta level in his prime.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Highest level: maldini, baresi, beckenbauer etc
Then you have the likes of: nesta, hiero, cannavaro, costacurta, etc etc.
And then wc,s like ferdinand, puyol, vidic, thiago silva (now) and so on.

Baresi, Beckenbauer, Maldini,

Nesta, Sammer

Costacurta, Hierro, Ferrara, Kohler,

Aldair, Cannavaro, Stam, TS, Thuram, Vidic,

Blanc, Frank De Boer, Ferdinand, Nadal, Koeman, Puyol

Id like to mention Alan Hansen... havent seen him play... but wot Iv have read abt him is very, very impressive. Cool fooker, will miss him on MOTD

Edit:

Im sure i must be missing more great names... I know Ive listed Maldini, Thuram but mostly I was goings for the cbs only (Maldini n Thram move to the middle later on).

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Terry always got insane hype even when it wasn't justified (England's lion etc) meanwhile Rio has never really been popular ever since his drugs ban. It wasn't really until 2011-ish when it stopped. The two times Chelsea tried to play expansive football, his form dropped hugely. It's far harder to be a great defender in an offensive side.

He was world class for sure, but Rio/Vidic/Stam/Campbell/Calvalho were better, IMO.
He was a better captain than all though. Much as it pains me to say. One of the best EPL captains of all time.

The English media + fans usually love a tough defender. One of the reasons Vidic is much more popular than Rio too, though Rio being a flashy cockney doesn't help.

Last edited:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Terry always got insane hype even when it wasn't justified (England's lion etc) meanwhile Rio has never really been popular ever since his drugs ban. It wasn't really until 2011-ish when it stopped. The two times Chelsea tried to play expansive football, his form dropped hugely. It's far harder to be a great defender in an offensive side.

He was world class for sure, but Rio/Vidic/Stam/Campbell/Calvalho were better, IMO.
He was a better captain than all though. Much as it pains me to say. One of the best EPL captains of all time.

The English media + fans usually love a tough defender. One of the reasons Vidic is much more popular than Rio too, though Rio being a flashy cockney doesn't help.

the 'hype' of Terry is kinda pot/kettle with your Rio/Vidic don't you think?

I mean, if you were a Chelsea fan, you would be saying that Terry shits all over Rio.

Then you turn around and say that Milan fans in a Milan forum are just hyping Milan players.

When I see your posts, I sorta want to put my knee on your neck. yawn.

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
the 'hype' of Terry is kinda pot/kettle with your Rio/Vidic don't you think?

I mean, if you were a Chelsea fan, you would be saying that Terry shits all over Rio.

Then you turn around and say that Milan fans in a Milan forum are just hyping Milan players.

When I see your posts, I sorta want to put my knee on your neck. yawn.
I was talking within your own club.

So Vidic is much more popular than Rio, just like Bruce was more popular than Pallister. Keane was more popular than Scholes (when they both played). Nothing to do with team-bias. Tevez was a god-like figure at United for his work rate for eg. Park was really popular because he...ran. And ran. And ran. And ran.

EPL fans + media have a deep rooted bias for hard working, tough players. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still there. Just look at Phil Jones.

I actually said people on here hype up the older Serie A/La Liga players and dismiss the EPL players. The fact that you've responded to several of my posts suggests you will have seen it and either chose to ignore it, or simply aim to twist what I say.

Terry was an amazing defender. He's still very good with the right tactics and players around him.

My neck would break your knee, btw :o

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I was talking within your own club.

So Vidic is much more popular than Rio, just like Bruce was more popular than Pallister. Keane was more popular than Scholes (when they both played). Nothing to do with team-bias. Tevez was a god-like figure at United for his work rate for eg. Park was really popular because he...ran. And ran. And ran. And ran.

EPL fans + media have a deep rooted bias for hard working, tough players. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still there. Just look at Phil Jones.

I actually said people on here hype up the older Serie A/La Liga players and dismiss the EPL players. The fact that you've responded to several of my posts suggests you will have seen it and either chose to ignore it, or simply aim to twist what I say.

Terry was an amazing defender. He's still very good with the right tactics and players around him.

My neck would break your knee, btw :o

but that's the problem... this blanket statement while you do the same.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
but that's the problem... this blanket statement while you do the same.

No I don't....do you see me making out like all EPL great players > Serie A/La Liga great players?

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
No I don't....do you see me making out like all EPL great players > Serie A/La Liga great players?

jesus... this whole time did you just focus on the blind bullshit of 1 league is better than another?

Take that to the next logical step...

My point is just a small step to the right of what you're complaining about.

Manchester United Players better than other players under a small smokescreen of "he was better for these specific years"

Rio best in the world? MOST people - this is a statistical fact. MOST people believe that John Terry was miles better than Rio in the same year that you mention Rio being the best defender in the world..

now why is that? Why would a Manchester United fan say such a thing?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jesus, J.t is the greatest english cb ever and that is pretty much incontrovertible as far as i am concerned.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I don't think you'll find anyone who'll agree with that.

Bobby Moore has reached almost mythic status. Whether it's deserved... it was way before my time.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't think you'll find anyone who'll agree with that.

Bobby Moore has reached almost mythic status. Whether it's deserved... it was way before my time.

Sorry i meant in the modern era. Lion heart rocks. J.t is miles ahead of guys like vidic and ferdi

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini being a troll n shit:

AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini is shocked by England's snub for Chelsea fullback Ashley Cole.

Maldini says he doesn’t understand Roy Hodgson’s decision to leave Cole out of England’s World Cup squad.

"I have seen nothing to suggest he is still not one of the best in the world. The coach must make his own decisions — but he would have been one of the first players I would have picked, not only for his big-game experience but for the way he performs in the big games. How many times have we seen him keep the best attacking players in the world quiet in the big games?

"It is important to have youth in the side, of course, but not to take the place of one of the players who is still maybe best in his position in the world."

LOL! Is he fucked shocked.... love how he takes the piss!

Last edited:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jesus, J.t is the greatest english cb ever and that is pretty much incontrovertible as far as i am concerned.

Ferdinand was better.

Different defenders, and actually a really fucking good partnership. But Ferdinand was better. Terry is great for defending deep, he'll get in the way of everything, get to every header, underrated on the ball too. But Ferdinand had a bit more, quicker, could come out of defence. Might not have been as good a box defender but that's nothing to do with Ferdinand, rather Terry being better than most at that but when Chelsea started playing more attacking he was found to not be the all powerful CB you thought.

Of course he's back to looking great with an athletic defender and defending deep this season. Carvalho was the perfect compliment for him just like Vidic for Ferdinand. You can't even properly compare the two.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So ur saying terry was a better stay at back type cb whereas ferdinand was technically superior and more attack minded. Depends on what type of cb a team requires, i just think a team like milan would be more comfortable with a prime terry rather than ferdi. Either way, for me terry was the greatest english cb ever in the modern era.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So ur saying terry was a better stay at back type cb whereas ferdinand was technically superior and more attack minded. Depends on what type of cb a team requires, i just think a team like milan would be more comfortable with a prime terry rather than ferdi. Either way, for me terry was the greatest english cb ever in the modern era.

U shock me... being a Milan fan ur bar for 'great defenders' is that low.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I said greatest english cb not greatest cb ever lol. Yes i still rate terry up there with lucio and samuel.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Disrespecting an all time great :head:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Ummm no.

And I'm English.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i am english too, well australian but my forefathers are from england. U guys are just hating on a great player stfu all. @ kuja, tell me which other english defender is better than a prime terry and why :o.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule