The Rumour Commode XVIII

Will the sale be officialized in this edition of the Commode?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He is a hard worker, he can score in and outside of the box, both foot player, awesome movement without ball and great in aerial duels. And he is 24

These are qualities you are describing. His actual output when presented with chances is just about good. That's not the case usually with players described as Bombers.

Like nonsonoqui said, Morata is a good tactical option. As a prima punta for a team in Serie A that desires to be in the mix for the Scudetto, I doubt he'd be enough.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't know, I would love to have him on the squad because he's a good player, but 60m seems insane for Morata.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Make no mistake, we aren't gonna be anywhere close to Juventus until we get a striker who can GUARANTEE 20+ goals in the league. We haven't had one since Zlatan. Morata is certainly not the answer. Belotti or Aubameyang both could potentially be the answer.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
You r saying 50 goals in 150 apps isnt that good ? For a player who spend most of his time on the bench ? He never got a real chance at Real in his first seasons, at Juve he played more but not always, now hes getting older and more experienced and manage to score many times, still most of the time as a sub
so why is he always a sub?

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
These are qualities you are describing. His actual output when presented with chances is just about good. That's not the case usually with players described as Bombers.

Like nonsonoqui said, Morata is a good tactical option. As a prima punta for a team in Serie A that desires to be in the mix for the Scudetto, I doubt he'd be enough.

Give him 90 mins every game and you will see. Much better option than Auba, it's between him and Belotti, but still Id go for Alvaro. That's my point of you

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Make no mistake, we aren't gonna be anywhere close to Juventus until we get a striker who can GUARANTEE 20+ goals in the league. We haven't had one since Zlatan. Morata is certainly not the answer. Belotti or Aubameyang both could potentially be the answer.

nah bro it's the midfield, bacca would score 45 goals and beat higuain's record if he has a great midfield behind him.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Napoli slipped Mertens in there just fine as a false 9. It's all about the midfield.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Aubameyang is the answer.....

He's at a really high level now. I was skeptical about him losing his pace over the next few years....but he doesnt even rely on it so much these days....

Hcan score with head...both feet...inside the box...half chances....use his pace to burn defenders.... hes much much better than moratta currently.....He almost guarantees 20+ goals...

not to mention hes finished top scorer in the bundesliga as well...outscoring lewandowski...

hakim

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Morata, Keita

Scudetto contenders?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Aubameyang is the answer.....

He's at a really high level now. I was skeptical about him losing his pace over the next few years....but he doesnt even rely on it so much these days....

Hcan score with head...both feet...inside the box...half chances....use his pace to burn defenders.... hes much much better than moratta currently.....He almost guarantees 20+ goals...

not to mention hes finished top scorer in the bundesliga as well...outscoring lewandowski...

I think all 3 of Auba, Morata and Belotti probably fit in the same price range. Currently 60-70m. In terms of salary demands the order is probably Auba, Morata, and Belotti way behind.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Morata, Keita

Scudetto contenders?

Top 4 for sure, but I think we would need another big time midfielder and an actual bench of competent reserves to compete for the scudetto next season. We currently have a pretty bad bench. Right now Juve and Napoli could fill in some reserves into their starting XIs and wouldn't have issues.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Really any striker out of the 3 is good to have. Now are they all overpriced? yes sure but what other option do we have?

Milan will have to overpay in order to sign a quality player and w need to do that to get the ship moving. Auba for me is the safest bet, Morata will contribute greatly in the game play he is a smart player and Belotti has an insane ability to score goals and he's a true fighter (remember how he ripped us apart in the return game).

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
The kid Dolberg at 19 is more talented than Belotti will ever be. Plus he's already playing in his first major final. After that dumb contract Belotti signed, he's quite content to remain at a provincial club. Until his valuation drops to 40m, we should stay clear.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
nah bro it's the midfield, bacca would score 45 goals and beat higuain's record if he has a great midfield behind him.

Post of the day

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Napoli slipped Mertens in there just fine as a false 9. It's all about the midfield.

Mertens has always been a very clever forward with a goalscoring instinct, supported by two great wing forwards. I'd be okay to have a front three like that - then we dont need a proper CF agreed.

But Suso-Morata-whoever else is miles behind such a front three.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mertens has always been a very clever forward with a goalscoring instinct, supported by two great wing forwards. I'd be okay to have a front three like that - then we dont need a proper CF agreed.

But Suso-Morata-whoever else is miles behind such a front three.

Napoli also has a midfield that distributes the ball pretty well for their front 3.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Scudetto contenders?

With that front 3, we'll be fighting for 4th spot with Lazio.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Belotti scored 10 more league goals this season with torino, than morata did in 2 seasons with the best team in serie A.

Wow

Also wow at the headers

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why argue about strikers, 60m for either 3 and we should all be happy. Just remember fucking Pavoletti.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My worry if Morata is Montella's first choice is once again the same worry that I have always had about Montella. He's a little too obsessed with pretty football. He wants his team to walk the ball into the net every single time. He must look to build a team that can have a plan A, B and C.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Any of Morata, Belotti, and Aubemayang would be incredible. Belotti is my preference because he's the youngest and I think he has all of the tools to be a great Serie A Striker for 6+ years. He's unproven at a higher level, but right now we need someone to bang in goals to get us into the top 4.

I'm not particularly concerned with the position, though. We need to continue to upgrade the midfield and LB/RB or LWB/RWB for whatever Montella is planning. I still think he's going for a 442, but time will tell.

It SOUNDS like we've got Moose, Kessie, and Rodriguez almost locked up- that's already by far our best transfer window since the Ibrahimovic one.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
http://www.sportface.it/calciomerca...eita-biglia-offerta-valida-per-un-mese/186134

Fassone and Mirabelli made a take it or leave it offer for Keita and Biglia for 40m that is valid for 1 month. Fassone and Mirabelli have secured agreements with both agents of Keita and Biglia. Lotito will attempt to renew both one more time or else he will be forced to sell instead of losing them for nothing. Milan's offer is currently the most convincing.

@real_andrea9
Il giocatore accetta sia milan che Juve, prima deve accettare lotito!

Keita would accept Milan or Juve, but first Lotito must accept.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My worry if Morata is Montella's first choice is once again the same worry that I have always had about Montella. He's a little too obsessed with pretty football. He wants his team to walk the ball into the net every single time. He must look to build a team that can have a plan A, B and C.

That's in our DNA, though, and why (in addition to Juventus corrupting the league) we've always been good in Serie A but greater in Europe. Give me a champagne Milan that wins the CL a couple of times every decade over a boring team that grinds out wins. We are here to watch attractive men conquer Europe.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Why argue about strikers, 60m for either 3 and we should all be happy. Just remember fucking Pavoletti.

Pavoletti should be our bench striker w lapadula

And then belotti/xxx to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule