Worst Ac Milan Transfers

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's talk about Ac Milan's worst transfers.
Who did they make big mistake signing for big money etc...

I would start especialy with Ibrahim Ba's transfer worth 12 milion euros. Well some say he was considered maybe as the best winger in Europe thoose days but he really failed to make impact and prove his big-money transfer.

Then, is Javi Moreno , who came from Deportivo Alaves for 16 milions of euros. Even that we sold him for 13 milions, he also must be considered as a bad signing. He played very well for Alaves, scoring 30 Goals in 62 matches but at Ac Milan played 16 games, scoring only 2 goals, then Milan sold him to Atletico Madrid but also there he didnt have a good playing career.

Mentioning also Jose Mari, a 19 milion euro worth transfer from At. Madrid.
In Milan playing 52 games and scoring only 5 goals, pushing the management loaning him back to At. Madrid with a buy-option, but After a season-long loan, madrid werent interested having him so they sold him to Villarreal for only 9 Milion euros. I say only 9 milion, because we signed him for 19 milions , so it's 10 milion euros loss for " nothing ".

Also Redondo can be called a " Bad transfer ". We all know he had injury problems so couldn really prove his worth to Milan, but 17.5 milion euros signing a Injured player was a throw-away money.
Redondo refused to get paid for his injury reasons, at least untill he would be back on track, showing his respect for his team.

There are some other Bad transfer players that i cant really remember right now or i dont even know early transfers.

Last edited:

PAC

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Ambrosini. OutMilan: Robben, Fabregas & Robinho.
may I have the honor to say:

JDT.

Oliveira, Roque Junior, Guinti, Comandini (even though the last three were invloved in the historical 6-0 game), Emerson, Dhoraso, Kluivert.

These are mainly the ones that I remember, apart from the ones you mentioned.

bobanito

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
PAC said:

JDT.

Oliveira, Roque Junior, Guinti, Comandini (even though the last three were invloved in the historical 6-0 game), Emerson, Dhoraso, Kluivert.

I have to disagree with those two, too soon to know on Emerson and Dhorasso came on a free transfer and played well when was required. Too well in my opinion... i'll never undrestand why did we let him go.

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
PAC said:

JDT.

:D you must be joking..

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
c.vieri i know he came free but still.. was a total NIGHTMARE & unlike our other bad transfers this dude contributed shitall

Rizini

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldiini, Sheva, Ambro
Jose Mari

Ibrahim Ba

Javi Moreno

Oliviera

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PAC said:

JDT.

no man... Emerson is a very Good signing , also Dhorasoo every game he played he played very well.
As for Kluivert, he came as a free transfer to Milan then one year later Milan sold him to Barcelona for 20 Milions. A very good Job by Milan.

PAC

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Ambrosini. OutMilan: Robben, Fabregas & Robinho.
I didn't know we were talking financially, or at least didn't give it attention. I was judging mainly by performances. It might be a bit unfair to Emerson, but I'm confident that he'll do as bad as it can get, because he has nothing to offer. As for Kluivert, he was a scandalous person on and off the field. While some argue Dhoraso put up some fine performances, why did he leave after spending only one season? why does he now have no club after PSG had canceled his contract?

PAC

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I forgot to add Laursen. Rivaldo too...look at him now with AEK, what a shame for one who was at one point the best player in the world.

more follow:
Vogel, Umit, and of course Kalac.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PAC said:
I forgot to add Laursen. Rivaldo too...look at him now with AEK, what a shame for one who was at one point the best player in the world.

more follow:
Vogel, Umit, and of course Kalac.

i agree.. Rivaldo did really do nothing in Milan, but at AEK dont blame him please... he is 35 years old.

PAC

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's his mistake. He had a fight in Barca, and wanted out. He came to Milan, did utter shit, left for under average team Olymiakos. This means he destroyed his career, then he snubbed them to join local rivals AEK.

I'm sure any team in Spain would have wanted him even after his flop with Milan, was it money that got him to Greece then? he could have even participated in thw WC06.

Anyway not the subject, I see you changed your opinion on Vikash. ;)

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PAC said:
It's his mistake. He had a fight in Barca, and wanted out. He came to Milan, did utter shit, left for under average team Olymiakos. This means he destroyed his career, then he snubbed them to join local rivals AEK.

I'm sure any team in Spain would have wanted him even after his flop with Milan, was it money that got him to Greece then? he could have even participated in thw WC06.

Anyway not the subject, I see you changed your opinion on Vikash. ;)

Dhorasoo is Injured and he plays for Livorno if u didnt know. ;)

Ps. Why Milan not selling Dhorasoo for 3.2 Milion at age of 32 ? Considering the little playing time he had here. :)

Last edited:

PAC

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he was unemployed till summer, didn't follow the news after that. my bad. so you admit he had little playing time, and why not selling? why didn't we sell Kaka to Madrid for 80M if it's all about money?

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PAC said:
he was unemployed till summer, didn't follow the news after that. my bad. so you admit he had little playing time, and why not selling? why didn't we sell Kaka to Madrid for 80M if it's all about money?

Kaka has a bright future and he is the best player in Milan and in the world.
Milan doesent sell his best players, they sell someone who wants to leave by his self, or someone they know he doesent have a place in team and as a respect for him they give him a chance to find another club just like they did with Rui Costa.

PAC

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
as a matter of fact, you are right. still I think Dhoraso did not a great job over here, and 3.2M is nothing.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PAC said:
as a matter of fact, you are right. still I think Dhoraso did not a great job over here, and 3.2M is nothing.
well maybe he didnt do well because he played only 12 games. All i see good to that player is that he makes the game go faster and only thinks about assisting.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Christophe Dugarry,in that time we had some doubts to take him or Zidane...

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
Christophe Dugarry,in that time we had some doubts to take him or Zidane...
Agreed. But at least he came as a free transfer and we sold him for 4.6 Milion euros. But as u mentioned him , hi was a crap here with 21 games played scoring 5 goals.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
how about Andreas Andersson, Sweedish striker. and Papin, after winning the Golden Ball while playing at Marseille , he really didnt had a succesfull spell at Milan with 18 goals in 2 seasons. Maybe not really bad, but for a Golden ball winner not Good.

Taribo West
N'Gotty
Donati - 15 Milion :eek:

bobanito

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Besfort said:
how about Andreas Andersson, Sweedish striker. and Papin, after winning the Golden Ball while playing at Marseille , he really didnt had a succesfull spell at Milan with 18 goals in 2 seasons. Maybe not really bad, but for a Golden ball winner not Good.

And considering he was, for a shot period, the world's most expensive footballer.

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
My list:

Jose Mari, Moreno, Ba, Bogarde, Raiziger, Lentini, Oliveira, Redondo, Vieri.

superbaim

ICE MAN
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gattuso
i start love and watch milan from 1998. it have to be lentini and donati.for oli and gila we need to give time to both of them.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Besfort said:
No messing with Bruno (he wasn't class, nor near it, but I will always have a soft spot for our 98-99' team as they were the first Milan I supported), what a dream pair him and Luigi Sala made -geez, Luigi Sala is with Samp!-.

As much as I was a huge Redondo fan, I was never happy that we were after him, let alone when we bought him, it was one of those "I have a bad feeling about it", and at the end it was, cause we overspend it with a 31 injury prone year old, who was bearly able to show us his classy game.

Moreno and Jose Mari will always be my favorite WTH were they thinking buys (but hey it could have been worse, we could have ended up with Gaizka Mendieta costing us much much more!) I was also never a fan of Umit Davala, I scratched my head about us buying Taribo West, both Ba buyings weren't great (at least the last one wasn't too much). Oh, Chamot too, why did we got him?

Many of the players we bought a year or 2 before, that ended up in Barcelona can get a nod.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Lentini and Gilardino the worst but the most ridiculous transfer was Luther Blisset, our scouts had seen John Barnes (great player in his day) and reported back that the black Jamaican striker playing for Watford was World Class and we should snap him up. Sadly there was more than one black Jamiacan striker playing at Watford at that time and we ended up buying the wrong one - the far inferior Luther Blisset. The club soon learnt of its mistake and sold him back to Watford after his first season for only half the money spent on him. :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I remember a story of buying Jordan. The storyteller said that he saw 35 year old Cruyff being tested with us but he was said to be too old. Instead we got Jordan and hit Serie B :D

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Shut your mouth! Joe Jordan was a legend! :D

Besides it wasn't his fault we got relegated, he wasn't the accountant responsible for the "financial irregularities" that got us demoted.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Tsar said:
Shut your mouth! Joe Jordan was a legend! :D

Besides it wasn't his fault we got relegated, he wasn't the accountant responsible for the "financial irregularities" that got us demoted.
No-no. Jordan came when we got back to A and fell to B with our brave performances on the filed. At least I got the story like that.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Jasper said:
No-no. Jordan came when we got back to A and fell to B with our brave performances on the filed. At least I got the story like that.
The second time was a result of the first as far as i'm concerned, nothing Joe could have done... except score more gols :D

He was a character atleast.

Schedule