Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Khabib is a beast. If he can avoid/take McGregor's big shot, it's going to be easy work.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Eddie Alvarez :fp: :lol:

that was embarrassing

UFC 205 picks:

Alvarez vs McGregor

Woodley vs Thompson

JJ vs KK

Weidman vs Romero

Tate vs Pennington

Edgar vs Stephens

Khabib vs Johnson

Tate :fp:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Damn Khabib is a beast, its gonna be interesting to see him vs Conor, "style makes match ups" is gonna perfectly describe that fight.

Can't believe Wonderboy didn't win, great fight though. Can't wait for the rematch.

Yoel no gay jesus soldier is a beast, that knee totally fucked up Weidman.

Tate needs to retire.

Conor is just amazing, that post fight interview was for the lulz:lol::lol::lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Khabib is a beast. If he can avoid/take McGregor's big shot, it's going to be easy work.

I don't agree with this analysis. Khabib is a fucking monster, but he fought MJ, not a high caliber fighter. Let's see Khabib vs Ferguson (I think Conor's taking some time off/defending FW-title).

--

Good job on the predictions. I suck at predictions :fp::lol:

I thought Conor was going to get knocked out, believed it all the way to like it was clear how dominant he was vs Alvarez.

Damn man, wtf was Alvarez doing out there? Conor absolutely ruined him.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
khabib making easy work of conor on the ground shouldn't be questioned, the only thing I question is if he can take that left hand( big if)

MJ is not a top caliber fighter but he hits super hard and is a wrestler, and if khabib can do that to a wrestler then conor who got owned on the ground by chad mendes on 2 weeks notice has no shot(on the ground)

I like conor, unlike some of his fans I knew he was going to beat alvarez :D

anyways I don't see conor khabib ever happening, he'll probably duck him and face diaz and aldo instead.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Well that's the thing, we don't really know. I just think you're too sure about Khabib making easy work of Conor on the ground. Alvarez is also a wrestler (not the same level of Khabib ofc) but Conor showed that he's worked on his wrestling, and he'll continue to do so since it's his biggest weakness. How good can Conor get at wrestling? That's the question.

But yes, Khabib will have a huge advantage on the ground, but it won't be "easy work".

I also don't think Khabib will be his next fight, not Diaz either. Jose Aldo att 155? :eek:

Someone must sell the fight to him, no fight really making any great sense right now. Conor vs Ferguson will be a great match up IMO.

Watching the post fight presser, seems like he's taking some time off (?), he's gonna be a father in may, he should be able to squeeze in one fight between now and then.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Conor's takedown defense probably got better, but I think alvarez failed so hard at taking him down because IIRC his attempts were after being knocked down and he was never the same after the first knockdown.

I could be wrong but that's what I concluded.

$$$$ wise (which is all what matters to conor and the UFC) McGregor Diaz III for the LW title makes the most sense next summer since he's taking time off.

if he's forced to vacate a belt I see him vacating the FW title, which will hurt the division.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to give alvarez a lot of credit, how many left hands did he take? 4-5? he was never the same in the fight after the first one but still continued on, definitely deserves to be respected for his toughness at the very least.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
What are those Reebok shirts?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I have to give alvarez a lot of credit, how many left hands did he take? 4-5? he was never the same in the fight after the first one but still continued on, definitely deserves to be respected for his toughness at the very least.
I can't give him any credit man, the fuck was he doing. Look at how Diaz absorbed his shots.
What are those Reebok shirts?

Long story :lol:

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I didn't think it would be that easy for Conor. He was unfazed by everything. People keep doubting the man but he does things no one else has done. Let's see an Aldo rematch next

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I doubt it, he was probably stripped of it. I can bet that he'll be walking around with two belts and make fun of the FW division :lol:

--

Holloway vs. Pettis is a great fight, really looking forward to it. Hopefully Pettis will manage to make weight without dying.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Conor will appear in GOT next season, probably a short cameo: rumour has it he will point to the Night's King and shout: who the fook is that guy?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pettis misses weight for the title shot

Edit:

It will no longer be a interim title shot for Pettis, if he wins he gets nothing. Also forfeits 20% of purse to Holloway.

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Pettis misses weight for the title shot

Edit:

It will no longer be a interim title shot for Pettis, if he wins he gets nothing. Also forfeits 20% of purse to Holloway.

This card is so fucked :lol::lol:

It got hit with the perfect storm of events: Rory leaving, GSP contract dispute, Cormier out, and now Pettis missing weight.

Still a lot of good events taking place this weekend with Verhoeven vs Badr Hari and the Jon Jones Hendo fights.
====

Kinda sucks for Conor I suppose. Got stripped early for nothing.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This card is so fucked :lol::lol:

It got hit with the perfect storm of events: Rory leaving, GSP contract dispute, Cormier out, and now Pettis missing weight.

Still a lot of good events taking place this weekend with Verhoeven vs Badr Hari and the Jon Jones Hendo fights.
====

Kinda sucks for Conor I suppose. Got stripped early for nothing.

This card was "fucked" when the real main event got scrapped. But still an ok card, I love Holloway vs Pettis. Cerrone vs Brown will be good as well.

When it comes to Conor getting stripped, I think everyone's involved in it and they're trying to create a story line. Conor will walk around with two belts, and whoever's FW champ will call him out.
--

Didn't know you were a fight fan, Tfat :thumbsup::thumbsup: welcome back

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
This card was "fucked" when the real main event got scrapped. But still an ok card, I love Holloway vs Pettis. Cerrone vs Brown will be good as well.

When it comes to Conor getting stripped, I think everyone's involved in it and they're trying to create a story line. Conor will walk around with two belts, and whoever's FW champ will call him out.
--

Didn't know you were a fight fan, Tfat :thumbsup::thumbsup: welcome back

Yeah, I agree Holloway Pettis is a good match up. But UFC's attempt to build it up as a number one contenders fight to Aldo would get derailed if Pettis wins.

Saw Brown hating on Cerrone. Not sure if legit or he is trying to sell a fight. Do they have a known history? Lot of character assassination shots were fired.

I think his coach said he probably isn't going back down to 145 (?). He was floating the idea around of Woodley/Mayweather. And as absurd as those sound to logic, that's probably more to his character. He is always out to get something new rather than defend what he has. It would not surprise me if he never fought Khabib / Ferguson /Aldo/ Holloway/ Pettis.

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Bit bummed out the main events were all dampened by broken arms. Business hazard. :(

Good for the UFC, I guess. Holloway winning means the 145 division still has a story to sell. Good touch by Holloway to call out Aldo in Feb.. It means he can at least get a title shot by next December. :star: :rolleyes:

Great win by Cerrone. As far as the 170s go I want to see:
Woodley vs Wonderboy (rematch)
Cerrone vs Lawler
Maia vs Nick Diaz

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Glad Max won for two reasons:

He deserved his title shot, a few wins back.
Pettis didn't earn it. He is a pussy that dropped down when he got his ass kicked, instead of working to improve, all he did was "improve" his haircuts on a daily basis.

I was super superboy would have won, but man that was an entertaing match up.

Cowboy as always putting on a great fight, as long as its not a title shot.

Fecking Tim fucked it up, and let that fat cunt win.

Awesome card though, not sure why everybody kept crapping on it.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Bit bummed out the main events were all dampened by broken arms. Business hazard. :(

Good event overall though.

Pettis is in nowhere-land and that's getting inside his head. He's one of those fighters that doesn't really fit into any of the current weight classes. UFC should start start a 150 and 177 division.

Regarding Aldo vs Holloway, I think Aldo's gonna win. But I'm wrong most of the times so... :lol:

Good for the UFC, I guess. Holloway winning means the 145 division still has a story to sell. Good touch by Holloway to call out Aldo in Feb.. It means he can at least get a title shot by next December. :star: :rolleyes:
:lol:
Great win by Cerrone. As far as the 170s go I want to see:
Woodley vs Wonderboy (rematch)
Cerrone vs Lawler
Maia vs Nick Diaz

Since I hate immediate rematches, I'd change places for Maia and Wonderboy.

---

FINALLY an Asian fighter to follow. Choi is a badass.

Pettis didn't earn it. He is a pussy that dropped down when he got his ass kicked, instead of working to improve, all he did was "improve" his haircuts on a daily basis.
Never thrown a punch in his life, calls professional fighters "pussy" :proud: GTFO

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
featherweight division doesn't matter tbh, neither aldo or holloway are champs

choi/swanson + cerrone/brown :star:

gastelum is very good

--------------------

I definitely don't want to see nick diaz vs a guy who only wants to grapple

nick diaz lawler 2 or nick diaz cerrone would be my picks

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Never thrown a punch in his life, calls professional fighters "pussy" :proud: GTFO

Gtfo u twat, i expect a shitty ass response like that from u. Yes he is a pussy in fighter scale, not in real life u moron. Ofc anyone that gets in the ufc is somewhat of a bad ass, but the guy got his ass handed to him in his weight class, and literally ran away to turn into skeletor to try and beat up small guys.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Like 95% of the fighters do this. The other 5% fight at heavy weight.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like 95% of the fighters do this. The other 5% fight at heavy weight.

Tad bit exaggerated but i do get your point, still no need to act like a sheep yes? And on the weight cut issues, he is going back up because as he said it "the cut almost killed him".

Anyway next card is tad bit shitty, but the one after that should be a great one as well.

I got:

Don't cry bitch.
Dominator.
Doom.
Dillasnake.
Magny via kfc being shitty.
STUN GUN!