Ronaldinho Thread

So, how about Ronnie at the San Siro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
'Dinho storms off to San Siro Saturday 22 December, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronaldinho has had another public bust-up with Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard, so a January switch to Milan is increasingly plausible.
The Brazilian has been unsettled at the Nou Camp for some time now and his rapport with the Coach, teammates and fans is deteriorating fast.
He was caught on camera during yesterday’s training session as Rijkaard berated him for not putting more effort into the work.
Ronaldinho did not seem best pleased and just a few minutes later walked off the field complaining of a mysterious pain in his left leg.

The Spanish and Italian media claim this was a ‘diplomatic’ injury, as the former Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year would only have been left on the bench against Real Madrid.
Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has made it clear on numerous occasions that he wants to bring Ronaldinho to San Siro.

A summer swoop was what everyone expected, but with the tension at breaking point at Barca and Ronaldo’s injury worries stretching on in Italy, the Rossoneri could prepare an audacious January bid.
Berlusconi has to move fast, as Chelsea and Roman Abramovich’s millions are also keeping a close eye on the situation.

Ronaldinho would be available for a January switch despite Alexandre Pato taking the final non-EU member spot in Milan's squad, as the Barca star has a European passport

Channel4

That's it..
Keep the fights coming :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Besfort said:
'Dinho storms off to San Siro Saturday 22 December, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He was caught on camera during yesterday’s training session as Rijkaard berated him for not putting more effort into the work.
Ronaldinho did not seem best pleased and just a few minutes later walked off the pitch ...

This is exactly why we don`t need him,his a prima dona .

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Az. said:
This is exactly why we don`t need him,his a prima dona .

Maybe he is doing that 'cause he lost his faith at Barca and wants to come here.
Who knows...
Don't forget he is Class and still can return at his best he was before.

I would welcome him here anytime.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Besfort said:
Maybe he is doing that 'cause he lost his faith at Barca and wants to come here.
Who knows...
Don't forget he is Class and still can return at his best he was before.

I would welcome him here anytime.
Well of course he lost faith in Rijkaard. The guy has the best squad in the world and couldn't win anything last year.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
a mysterious pain,eh??

he could become a new ronaldo if we buy him.. :o

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
22/12/2007 14:05
Ronadinho Set For Milan After Furious Rijkaard Bust-up?

The chances of troubled Barcelona star Ronaldinho moving to AC Milan have dramatically increased after a furious training ground bust-up with Coach Frank Rijkaard.

The Dutch tactician was caught on camera yesterday shouting at and berating Ronaldinho for his lack of effort.

This led the Brazilian to walk of the training field just a few minutes later complaining of a pain in his leg.

The Spanish media believe that there was no such injury and it was merely a poor attempt by Barcelona to cover-up the real reason why Ronaldinho is set to miss tomorrow’s El Clasico clash with Real Madrid.

The 27-year-old has been notably out-of-form this campaign and has been repeatedly been left out of the starting XI in recent games.

He sat out the Champions League clash with Lyon, the La Liga match with Espanyol, as well as last week’s 3-0 win at Valencia.

These latest turn of events are sure to increase speculation of a move to Milan for Ronaldinho.

Rossoneri President Silvio Berlusconi has stated on numerous occasions that he would love to bring the playmaker to the club.

Although the chances of a transfer before the summer originally seemed slim, this is no longer the case as Ronaldinho is rapidly falling out with team-mates, coaches and the Barca fans.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=523120

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Gattuso #8 said:
22/12/2007 14:05
Ronadinho Set For Milan After Furious Rijkaard Bust-up?

The chances of troubled Barcelona star Ronaldinho moving to AC Milan have dramatically increased after a furious training ground bust-up with Coach Frank Rijkaard.

The Dutch tactician was caught on camera yesterday shouting at and berating Ronaldinho for his lack of effort.

This led the Brazilian to walk of the training field just a few minutes later complaining of a pain in his leg.

The Spanish media believe that there was no such injury and it was merely a poor attempt by Barcelona to cover-up the real reason why Ronaldinho is set to miss tomorrow’s El Clasico clash with Real Madrid.

The 27-year-old has been notably out-of-form this campaign and has been repeatedly been left out of the starting XI in recent games.

He sat out the Champions League clash with Lyon, the La Liga match with Espanyol, as well as last week’s 3-0 win at Valencia.

These latest turn of events are sure to increase speculation of a move to Milan for Ronaldinho.

Rossoneri President Silvio Berlusconi has stated on numerous occasions that he would love to bring the playmaker to the club.

Although the chances of a transfer before the summer originally seemed slim, this is no longer the case as Ronaldinho is rapidly falling out with team-mates, coaches and the Barca fans.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=523120

well forget all other signings, berlu is going to break the bank and buy dinho.... proably in june though

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
If we get him that's fine and dandy but if we neglect other more important areas which need reinforcing then we'll suffer because of it. I hope Berlu isn't as confused and senile as I think he is.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I am not so sure we need him, nor am I so sure we should want him. I don't want him to be stealing any thunder from Pirlo as Pirlo is the part of the soul of our midfield. I like Ronnie a lot, but I don't like his recent attitude and form and I completely agree with Milan4Ever that he might become another Ronaldo situation. If Ronnie can show some dedication and understand that he might need to take a back seat sometimes, he'd be great, but I hope he doesn't prove to have too large of an ego if we get him. For our January signings I believe that we need Zambro, Drogba, and a depth midfielder to sub for Seedorf when he's gassed.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Edi said:
I'm not saying we should play him as a deep playmaker, rather then a real playmaker. He would give us a lot more options. Imagine Seedorf on the left, Pirlo in his position, and Diego behind Kaka and another striker.
The opposing team would not be able to get to the ball...

Diego behind Kaka and another striker? Thats almost like the formation we are playing now in which Seedorf is playing in that position. Remember, Seedorf has probably been 1 of our best players this season playing in that position. There is no need to change 1 of our best players this season when there are a dozen other areas which need urgent attention starting from the back with Dida.

What we need to do well in the league is to increase the freaking tempo and play with great pace+one touch football. That will be the key to unlocking teams that park a bus infront of goal. If we go ahead with the formation you suggested, it would be adding another similiar player that can create chances but with players slow and taking ages to get into a good position, there wont be a chance to play the killer ball and at end of the day, we would be hoping for Kaka to run and take on players all the time!.

We need more players like Pato and Kaka who have pace+can get into good postions and increase the speed and tempo of the game. !

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
menon_inc said:
Diego behind Kaka and another striker? Thats almost like the formation we are playing now in which Seedorf is playing in that position. Remember, Seedorf has probably been 1 of our best players this season playing in that position. There is no need to change 1 of our best players this season when there are a dozen other areas which need urgent attention starting from the back with Dida.

What we need to do well in the league is to increase the freaking tempo and play with great pace+one touch football. That will be the key to unlocking teams that park a bus infront of goal. If we go ahead with the formation you suggested, it would be adding another similiar player that can create chances but with players slow and taking ages to get into a good position, there wont be a chance to play the killer ball and at end of the day, we would be hoping for Kaka to run and take on players all the time!.

We need more players like Pato and Kaka who have pace+can get into good postions and increase the speed and tempo of the game. !
Sid, you're saying we should play like Arsenal? :D :tongue:

I am yet to see that much of Diego that would make me competent enough to comment on him, so I'll confine myself to Ronnie.

I don't think Ronaldinho, as some have suggested, will go down the same path as Ronaldo if he comes here. That's very much a possibility, but Ronaldo had conquered everything when he came to us: excelled at three of the biggest clubs in the world, was a huge reason for Brazil winning the penta, and was already one of the greatest to draw a breath.

Ronaldinho, despite his recent phenomenal success, has not reached the same level. It'll be a big problem if he decides he's content with what he's achieved, but I don't think he will be. He's spoken on numerous occasions how he'd like to be placed in the zone above every other player, but just below Pele and Maradona, when he retires.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Italian Tsar said:
Sid, you're saying we should play like Arsenal? :D :tongue:

And reach the carling cup final? Hell No. More like Man Utd only better. Unfortunetly, our league form is almost as good as newcastle at the moment. :)

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:

That is definitely our problem when it comes to league play and transfer we make. We've become quite predictable and quite quickly run out of ideas when we're found out.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho Humiliated At Barcelona Airport

Barcelona ace Ronaldinho had heavy abuse showered on him at El Prat airport, from where he took the flight to Brazil.

Suggestions that Ronaldinho may have played his last El Clasico seemed to gain grounding on Sunday night, when he was subject to some stinging verbal volleys by the Barcelona fans.

The Camp Nou faithful were treated to a poor display from their team, and the Brazilian came in for some special treatment after the game. However, it was to get worse later that night.

The Gaucho arrived at the airport in the wee hours of Monday morning with Robinho, Julio Baptista and Deco - they were all traveling to Brazil together for their new year vacations.

Robinho was hailed by sections of Madrid fans, while Ronaldinho had every known abuse in the land hurled at him.

Deco also came in for some rough treatment, but survived as the bulk of the attention was focussed on The Gaucho.

As one can see from the video below, he was clearly not a happy man as he left for his vacations.

There have also been suggestions that he could have played his last game in a Barcelona shirt. The bosses have refused to make any comment, but if the media (even the pro-Barcelona dailies) and fans were to have their say, he would not be returning to the city again.

Source: goal.com
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=525065

Click the link if you want to see the video

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
J.Rome said:
R10 should have left and got a fresh start somewhere else & Barca should have sold him and cashed in this past summer. A win win for both parties.

IMO he needs a change of scene/environment from Barca, his intentions to stay were noble, but not wise. I'm sure he'd perform better somewhere else.

How many times have we seen a struggling player make a switch of teams and then have a return to his prime or play better than he ever did.

It's time for him to close the Barca Chapter of his football career & go somewhere else and get a fresh start. I think he still has it in him to be freakish good if he does.

I don't care if it's tacky to quote myself...but, i'll continue to stand by the point I made above.

And he'd been just as foolish not to leave this winter. He needs out of Barca as much as we need a new keeper!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
now would be the perfect time to grab him, after this his market value should drop because if the player wants to leave then the club cant dictate the price like they want and besides his form has dropped alot so berlusconi, do something right for once and sign the mother fucker

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
killerkid said:
i think he is on his way to milan

I agree with your post and the one above. Something will have to give in his current situation...especially since he will be able to invoke that rule allowing him to basically buy his way out of his contract for pennies. That would be waaaaay tooo much for Barca to risk.

If Barca management don't accept the money Berlu is throwing at them and then R10 ends up leaving for practically nothing, they wouldn't hear the end of it from their fans who already want him out.

Having said all that, hopefully Berlu is smart enough to offer waaaaaay less than he was willing to at first.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
menon_inc said:
And reach the carling cup final? Hell No. More like Man Utd only better. Unfortunetly, our league form is almost as good as newcastle at the moment. :)
Newcastle is worse. Milan at least alternate spectacular football with some mundane stuff, Newcastle seem to struggle to produce one decent performance after another.

But point taken about your United example. But I don't think we'll ever blood so many youngsters as they do. Ferguson seems to have been caught in some romantic notion of always playing attractive football and in the image of "the guy who refused to compromise panache for trophies." Which he doesn't really need to.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Ronaldinho should not be our priority. We have Kaka,Pato and we lack a real striker. if Ronaldinho comes he would need to play in Max's possition on the left and honestly I don't think that would work because he would not track back...
We are linked with both Drogba and Ronaldinho and I would prefer some younger striker but if I had to chose between Drogba and Ronaldinho, I would chose Drogba. If we bought Drogba we could switch Seedorf on the left,Kaka behind Pato and Drogba... :eek:
Ronaldinho will be 28 soon and he can give us 2 years max. Maybe when he comes he will try his best so he can prove the critics wrong but that will be for a season or two and then he will be back to his his current state...

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Edi said:
Ronaldinho should not be our priority. We have Kaka,Pato and we lack a real striker. if Ronaldinho comes he would need to play in Max's possition on the left and honestly I don't think that would work because he would not track back...
We are linked with both Drogba and Ronaldinho and I would prefer some younger striker but if I had to chose between Drogba and Ronaldinho, I would chose Drogba. If we bought Drogba we could switch Seedorf on the left,Kaka behind Pato and Drogba... :eek:
Ronaldinho will be 28 soon and he can give us 2 years max. Maybe when he comes he will try his best so he can prove the critics wrong but that will be for a season or two and then he will be back to his his current state...
what do u mean 2 season at most? so now 28 is too old... in a few years time 20 year old will become too old

and if we sign ronaldinho i cant see how it can be bad unless he does bad which i doubt. who gives a shit about how our lineup will look??? our starting lineup is probably the best in the world, its the fact that they always play and theres no one to step in when someone is rested... we should bring in ronaldinho and as much as i like how seedorf, kaka, ambro, pirlo, gattuso are all playing they all need to play a bit less... i hope we dont have a specific starting XI, we should play depending on how the opponent plays, lets imagine we had ronaldinho vs inter, we would have had many options to chose from and that would make mancini think harder on how to counter us. this time, he knew perfectly well how we were gonna play and he fielded his best team so we were the ones who had to change everything midway through to adjust to the tactics of the game... teams should play our game not the other way around.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Jivara said:
what do u mean 2 season at most? so now 28 is too old... in a few years time 20 year old will become too old
You didn't get my point man;)
Ronaldinho joined Barca in 2003 and he was outstanding till 2005 and since then his form has been declining. If he joins Milan he may have one or 2 good season and then we will be seeing him in the same light he is now.
If he doesn't find the motivation to play when he is 26-27 how do you think he would find it at 30-31?
Everybody keeps saying that he needs a change.I mean why does he need it? He is the one that is not taking things seriously, he is the one that is going partying every night, he is the one that doesn't give his max on the pitch and trainning sessions...
As I said if he joins us he may be good for one or two seasons and then he will be doing the same thing he is doing now and he will be useless as he is now...

Ok tell me which one looks better

-----Drogba-----Pato----

----------Kaka-----------

Seedorf----------Gattuso--

------------Pirlo-----------

Or

------------Gila--Pato-----------

-------------Kaka---------------

--Ronaldinho--------------Gattuso--

------------Pirlo--------------------

Last edited:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I go for the second one.

Ronaldinho's poor for keep's me thinking that he's doing that intentionally just to leave Barca.
He was indispensable last seasons, so I may be wrong, but he wants the fans to push him out.

Missing training, underperforming and stuff... to the former World Player of the year.... There must be something. ;)

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Edi said:
You didn't get my point man;)
Ronaldinho joined Barca in 2003 and he was outstanding till 2005 and since then his form has been declining. If he joins Milan he may have one or 2 good season and then we will be seeing him in the same light he is now.
If he doesn't find the motivation to play when he is 26-27 how do you think he would find it at 30-31?
Everybody keeps saying that he needs a change.I mean why does he need it? He is the one that is not taking things seriously, he is the one that is going partying every night, he is the one that doesn't give his max on the pitch and trainning sessions...
As I said if he joins us he may be good for one or two seasons and then he will be doing the same thing he is doing now and he will be useless as he is now...

(IMO)

He gives quality depth to our squad. We could give much needed rests to Kaka and Seedorf without compromising quality on the pitch. He WILL regain his form maybe not as the player of the year, but definately good enough to start on any roster in world.

We complain of lack of quality depth, well now we might have the chance to scoop someone of quality.

I say if the price isn't crazy take the risk and pull the trigger on this deal.

Better to try and fail then not bring anyone in at all and tank just the same.

Everyone wants the perfect player for the team.

Admittedly some more than others...but just about EVERY WHO IS BROUGHT IN TO ANY CLUB IS A RISK.

R10 is no different.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why didn't Berlu start getting a permanent erection over R10 two years ago, when he was still really worth his salt?

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Edi said:
Yeah a dream player indeed;)

He's obviously not motivated.

Don't know if you follow American football any.

But there is a guy named Randy Moss. (Enormously Talented/Gifted)

When this guy Randy Moss played for a team called the Oakland Raiders, he did not nothing he sucked, and played not even close to what he showed he was capable of like when he played for a team called the Minnisota Vikings a few years earlier.

People dumped on him in a big way.

But he eventually got his wish and was traded to (arguably) the best team in the league the New England Patriots.

Now the guy is playing better than he ever did in his career...even better than he was when he was with the Vikings. He's a freakin juggernaut and his team is undefeated.

I know it was a long story, But I think the point is clear.

The class and quality was always there with this guy, but he was miserable and needed the change of scenery to regain his motivation, desire and class.

R10 like Randy Moss IMO isn't a lost cause...both players just need to be in a good/comfortable siutation in their head to excel. It's just the way they're built mentally!!!

Last edited:

Schedule