Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Rui costa set for Atlettico

I'm so sad about this news and I wish it is just astupid
rumor since Rui costa is wonderful md player and Ancelotti is very
wrong by setting him in bench and as I know his contract with milan tell
2006 do you thing he would break the contract and leave Milan?
in my option if Rui leaves Milan he should not go to Atletico he
should go to benfica (since this his wish)
any way here is the report

Source: Football Italia

Italian champions Milan have reportedly offered Atletico Madrid the services of Manuel Rui Costa.

The ‘AS’ newspaper suggests that the midfielder could complete a switch during the January transfer window.

Rui Costa is said to be unhappy with life on the Rossoneri bench and is willing to leave the outfit.

The Portuguese ace has been relegated to the sidelines for the past 18 months following the arrival of Kaka.

Milan chief Adriano Galliani has allegedly already spoken to the Spanish side to make initial enquiries.

The two clubs have an excellent relationship after the deals involving Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, Cosmin Contra and Fabricio Coloccini in the past five years.

However, it is unclear whether Rui Costa would be willing to move to La Liga in the New Year.

The creative player has always insisted that he would like to end his career with former club Benfica.

The ex-Fiorentina hero is now 32 and is tied to the Italian giants until the summer of 2006.

:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
well I don't think he'll leave in Januari.Milan usually never sell or buy players in Januari.But at the end of the season I don't mind seeing him leave

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
this rumour bout rui leaving has been going on for so long...but dont put ur heart into it...cuz...so far nothing has been trough...i dont think he will leave....perhaps at the end of the season...but not now...

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
I don't really think that he will leave.. Milan need him for rotation and I don't think that Rui wants to move.. Maybe a loan spell will happen..

S

superman_1899

oh man, rui is one of my most favourite player... i wouldnt want him to leave milan besides going back to benfica...

and if he leaves... there is going to be a big hole... as we lack of a good mentor to our dear kaka...

im just suggesting... right now kaka is playing behind to strikers... can we convert him to a shadow striker role... like del piero's role... and play rui below... kaka-sheva...

it would be great... plus i dont know whether you notice this... kaka actually get to move and swoosh his magic when rui costa plays...

sigh...

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
superman_1899 said:
oh man, rui is one of my most favourite player... i wouldnt want him to leave milan besides going back to benfica...

and if he leaves... there is going to be a big hole... as we lack of a good mentor to our dear kaka...

im just suggesting... right now kaka is playing behind to strikers... can we convert him to a shadow striker role... like del piero's role... and play rui below... kaka-sheva...

it would be great... plus i dont know whether you notice this... kaka actually get to move and swoosh his magic when rui costa plays...

sigh...

i doubt we would play with 1 striker...berlusconi will fire ancelotti...:p

S

superman_1899

dude... convert kaka into a shadow striker!!!... get it!!!

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
superman_1899 said:
dude... convert kaka into a shadow striker!!!... get it!!!

we tried that last year,,,,it worked for a while....but stopped..working thats y...silvio got pissed..n n carlo had to play with 2 strikers...so thats how rui ended up in the bench....but maybe rui can play in seedorf's position...:)

Reaction score
Crespo is coming into form. playing Sheva and Crespo upfront may prove to be quite fruitful. Kaka' should remain in current position for the time being I think.

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
nataku02 said:
Crespo is coming into form.

his days are over man ! i can't wait untill he leaves us, his average quotation over the first half over the season according to italian newspaper : 5.68 !!! says it all !

Reaction score
What are you talking about mann... rui costa is the best player on the squad.. his techical passes and his beutifully technique ..i love him he's a milanista!!! :D :)

louise_dk

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jon Dahl Tomasson
i don't remember who said it, but jon tomasson has explained that when the rumours about him was out, was the response to jon from coach or something, that they weren't going to sell either of their players, especially not their strikers.

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
why why why.I like rui very much.
i want to watch rui with red&black t-shirt

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
So...

IF this is actually true, then Milan isn't stupid enough to just leave a big gap there.

This translates to that, MAYBE Milan is planning to sign or already has signed a world-class midfielder....maybe somebody like Totti??

But I do agree that Rui isn't as good as he once was. This was evident in the Euro 2004 tournament as Rui was on the bench most of the time..and one of the great things he ever did was score that nice goal against England. (Correct me if I'm wrong... :tongue: )

So IF he's leaving, then who's gonna replace him and provide those beautiful assists to Superpippo? :conf:

"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." ;)

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
Rui Costa

I watched a Milan web page, and it stood that Rui Costa is going to Benfica, What do u guys think of that?

Reaction score
MilanLover1899 said:
his days are over man ! i can't wait untill he leaves us, his average quotation over the first half over the season according to italian newspaper : 5.68 !!! says it all !

An average of 5,68 is not that bad when you consider he often plays 10 to 20 minutes. The matches he started he usually got a quoation of 6,5 to 7 !

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
There was talk of Rui going to Atletico as part of a player + cash deal involving Fernando Torres. Not sure if that is still the case? Through the years Rui has been a good player for Milan, but the lack of goals crucified the side. In the last year and a half Kaka has showed that a player in the playmaking (disregard the defensively orientated deep playmaking role of Pirlo) role must be able to score goals - something Rui couldn't do.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
2 goals/ season isn't enough for an AM. He must go. I'd like Van der Vaart in his place. I'm not saying Ronaldinho or Totti cause that would be impossible. Ahh, and maybe you're wondering where Kaka would go. I'd like to see him play on the right, like at Sao Paolo. His speed would do great on the wing!

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Surely 2 goals/season isn't enough but consider his assist. How many assist does he make in a season? I also prefer van der Vaart but I think Rui is still a good player at least for backup and Rui can accept it! Kaka in the right.. dunno but there will be fewer space for him in the right side and that can prevent his dribbling ability..

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Rui played fairly well vs. Man U. He showed that even though it seems that it was forever ago that he played 90 minutes, he was still more than capable of doing it in a big-time match. Rui still looks as composed as ever, but his outside shooting has taken a turn for the worse. This man use to regularly score goals like the one we saw in the Quarters of Euro 2004 vs. England. This can't be expected any longer. However, his possession style of play makes him a good selection even at this age. Obviously he won't be here too much longer, but he is with us for the rest of this campaign, so I am sure he will be gunning to go out in class, which is very fitting for him.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van der Vaart has failed to deliver the same sort of consistency he had shown for the last couple of years. Maybe playing for Milan would improve that.

Reaction score
I don't think the rumor is true... there was this rumor since the last season and it wasn't true. I think if Milan lets Rui go it's a big mistake. Maybe he doesn't have goal or is not as speed as Kaka but he has a lot of class and experience to give to the team. If Rui goes then Kaka won't have anyone to learn from; Kaka is a great player but he doesn't have enough experience yet.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But Rui doesn't have a lot to offer anymore. That's just how it is :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want VdV either who has been stagnating + underperforming for a loooong time now. He might have been all hype + would be too much of a gamble, esp. as he wouldn't come for cheap.

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
I have to agree about VdV he doesn't looke like the type of player that would enjoy life in the Serie A too much and he isn't even the best player in the Dutch league this season.Ever since his arrival to the big scene in European with Ajax there was a lot of talk about him and he's been linked with so many big clubs but none of them ever made an offer and Ajax aren't a club that holds on to their talented players for too long and yet he's the only one that has stuck around(Ibrahimovic,Van der Meyde,Passanen have all left).He is prone to injury,he has had a lot of problems with knee injuries I see him going to a club like Tottenham maybe Aston Villa or a Spanish side like Villareal.He will never be a player of Rui's class even though Rui is not the same man he was when he signed for us.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Against Inter Rui performed a couple of neat dribbles past opposing players, but apart from that not much else. It's not enough. P.S. Veron deserved to get sent of in the derby game - he clattered into Serginho a couple of times.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
...as a person, no longer as a player.