Nigel de Jong Thread

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Hey, I got nothing but respect for a player that when he finds out he's no longer part of a project doesn't think of it as a vacation . Probably not our best player, but many times he was a standout in terms of commitment. Good luck to him in MLS.

Hopefully now, Galliani can buy us a good midfielder (3 year contract at 3 mill is enough to allow us to buy a midfielder for 12 mill and give him a 1 mill salary... plenty for any young midfielder with good skills, or worst case scenario get someone on loan for 6 months)

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
we'll probably replace him with tomas rincon

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But I thought de Jong was going to be our captain this season because monto was so unfit in preseason? How come he's going to mls, footballs graveyard?

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Though it annoys me we have to pay the rest of his contract :fp:

But at least he's finally gone.[/QUOTE]

Milan didn't pay him a euro to leave it was a mutual termination of the contract

Bye Nigel

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rincon is good but we need another mid because we are so thin in midfield.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
the hate on him here is has always been ridiculous

The main reason why he failed is cause we used him wrong. I mean we used him as anchor and even as box-to-box under Seedorf.

But he's a limited player or a one-type player and we don't have a place for him in the team. I think LA Galaxy is a good opportunity for him.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's just say this, had he been playing yesterday instead of captain fodder aka MORTOlivo as b*****isti like to call him, we wouldn't have won

I remember all the twats in the summer posting gifs of Miha facepalming when Monto looked out of breath in training and posting line ups of NDJ anchoring in a 4312 :lol:

Nigel is a top professional and great guy no doubt, I thank him for the Derby header but he's such a limited overrated little piece of shit its unbelievable. There's still morons out there who think he was our 2nd coming of Gattuso

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan didn't pay him a euro to leave it was a mutual termination of the contract

Bye Nigel

lol...because it says "mutual consent"? :lol:
Players are often compensated for giving their consent to the contract termination. It's almost always the case when a player is not making an upgrade in terms of salary/contract length.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
lol...because it says "mutual consent"? :lol:
Players are often compensated for giving their consent to the contract termination. It's almost always the case when a player is not making an upgrade in terms of salary/contract length.

Both are assumptions, the facts is that we have absolutely no idea on whether a compensation was made and how big that compensation is. Until someone can provide a source, talking about whether he was provided or not a compensation serves for nothing.

The other fact is that he's no longer a Milan player, hope Galliani does something to fill that spot with a useful player for our team.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Good luck bro :thumbsup:

that's his NT career over and done with

probably chose US so he can expand on that car company he has

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Both are assumptions, the facts is that we have absolutely no idea on whether a compensation was made and how big that compensation is. Until someone can provide a source, talking about whether he was provided or not a compensation serves for nothing.

The other fact is that he's no longer a Milan player, hope Galliani does something to fill that spot with a useful player for our team.

what I wrote in the commode:

I don't think NDJ will only be earning $1M at Galaxy. No player would give his permission to terminate the contract in a case like this, without receiving a 5-7m(net) compensation.
And cases like Nocerino's and Zaccardo's show that we are very reluctant to terminating long contracts, even if the player is of absolutely no use for us and there's no potential buyer. De Jong's remaining wages dwarfs Noce's and Zaccardo's of 2014.

Anyway, what a shitty decision it was to give him an extension. Told you bb-ilanisti it would be a mistake.

So, basically, IF, and it's a big IF, De Jong left a ?3m-per-year contract that expires in 2.5 years, for a less than $1M contract, then he has to have been compensated in some way.

A "less than $1m salary" seems very hard to believe though. Playing for LA Galaxy/living in LA can't be important enough to turn down millions from EPL/BL clubs(not even going into China/Arab Gulf states).

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Goodfella

citizen_kane.gif

One of the best anti-fanboying all time, if not the best

Congrats bro

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the hate on him here is has always been ridiculous

The main reason why he failed is cause we used him wrong. I mean we used him as anchor and even as box-to-box under Seedorf.

But he's a limited player or a one-type player and we don't have a place for him in the team. I think LA Galaxy is a good opportunity for him.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
what I wrote in the commode:

So, basically, IF, and it's a big IF, De Jong left a ?3m-per-year contract that expires in 2.5 years, for a less than $1M contract, then he has to have been compensated in some way.

A "less than $1m salary" seems very hard to believe though. Playing for LA Galaxy/living in LA can't be important enough to turn down millions from EPL/BL clubs(not even going into China/Arab Gulf states).

Exactly, I don't recall anybody that went in MLS to be offered chump change for salary, especially someone as noted as De Jong. Furthermore if we had to pay compensation to De Jong even a value that is equal to that of the next 6 months of salary, we might as well kept him considering that we're not selling him to use his spot (we don't seem to be close to buying anyone) and it's much easier to sell someone in summer market than in January. This way we are making our team weaker.

On a separate note, De Jong wouldn't be the first or the last to leave a higher salary for a chance to play as a starter, and the "declared" part is not always the entire salary. (Digao anyone :D)

Again, all these and what you said are assumptions, so yeah looks like we're back to where we started.

p.s. this is from another source ... so yeah, current salary that he gets at Galaxy might means shit...
"Terms of De Jong's contract were not released, but it is believed to be a one-year deal worth less than $1 million, financed partly through targeted allocation money from the league. There is also the possibility of lucrative options for the next two seasons, with De Jong assuming the designated player spot Steven Gerrard surrenders at the end of the year."

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On a separate note, De Jong wouldn't be the first or the last to leave a higher salary for a chance to play as a starter

Leaving 3m euro per year for less than 1m dollar, when he could easily get more than that from a shitty EPL/BL club, though? He might be able to start for a few of them.

Again, all these and what you said are assumptions

Sigh...I gave different possible scenarios, based on what the reports/official statements say and what's normally the case. I also expressed doubts about these reports/statement. Basically I didn't exclude any scenario. Not even that De Jong would throw away almost 10m so he could earn less than Rodrigo Ely in LA. But allow me to doubt that happened.

Schedule