German Bundesliga Thread

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
despite the fact that i hate bayern,i feel really sorry for Milanista :D and my brother who is Bayern fan :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Bayern Munich just got humbled away from home against Nurnberg... startin' to doubt the abilities of Lahm & Schweinsteiger...

Have we all forgotten Podolski? I think, no matter how bad they're performing at the moment, Lahm + Schweinsteiger are much better players - at their respective positions, of course.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
madtherchot said:
Have we all forgotten Podolski? I think, no matter how bad they're performing at the moment, Lahm + Schweinsteiger are much better players - at their respective positions, of course.
i don't doubt their ability... like i don't doubt Pirlo's ability... but havin' the ability & not showin' it is the bigger concern...

it is like sayin' if you can run non-stop like Gattuso... but choose to stand there without even movin' (walkin' or runnin')... so what is the point of bein' capable if there is no action done to prove it?

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
madtherchot said:
Anyone got news on Klasnic? How did his kidney transplant go?

The transplantation of the kidney which his mother gave him was unfortunately unsuccesfull.

Soon they'll try again with his brother's kidney.

Best wishes for Ivan and his family !

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
East German hooligans in attack on police

A group of 800 football fans attacked police after a regional cup match in eastern Germany on Saturday, causing dozens of injuries, police said on Sunday.

Hooligans from Lok Leipzig hurled cobblestones and concrete blocks, injuring 32 officers and six members of the public after a Saxony state cup match between the club and Erzgebirge Aue II, Leipzig police said in a statement.

Five people were taken into custody and officers were examining video footage to try to identify more of the perpetrators, the statement said.

The cost of the damage was estimated at 12,000 euros, not including 21 police vehicles attacked in what was the latest outbreak of violence involving lower league clubs in Germany.

In October last year, the German Football Association created a task force to look into ways of dealing with the problem after a sharp rise in violence, including a riot after a regional third division match that resulted in 23 police being injured and 22 arrests.

The Italian government suspended all soccer matches on Feb. 2 after the death of policeman Filippo Raciti during rioting at a Serie A match between Catania and Palermo. Play was allowed to resume this weekend.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=408113&cc=4716

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
shcalke won yesterday 2-0,werder lost so schalke is +6 from second place
schalke 48
werder 42
stuttgart 41
bayern 34 (is leading 1-0 against arminia)

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
could anyone give me a report on how Pavel Pardo and Ricardo Osorio are playing with Stuttgart?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
vani_pirlo_21 said:
could anyone give me a report on how Pavel Pardo and Ricardo Osorio are playing with Stuttgart?
They've settled in nicely, Pardo has started all matches I think. Stuttgart are playing rather attractive football @ the moment, gotta watch them more often again.

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
East German hooligans in attack on police

A group of 800 football fans attacked police after a regional cup match in eastern Germany on Saturday, causing dozens of injuries, police said on Sunday.

Hooligans from Lok Leipzig hurled cobblestones and concrete blocks, injuring 32 officers and six members of the public after a Saxony state cup match between the club and Erzgebirge Aue II, Leipzig police said in a statement.

Five people were taken into custody and officers were examining video footage to try to identify more of the perpetrators, the statement said.

The cost of the damage was estimated at 12,000 euros, not including 21 police vehicles attacked in what was the latest outbreak of violence involving lower league clubs in Germany.

In October last year, the German Football Association created a task force to look into ways of dealing with the problem after a sharp rise in violence, including a riot after a regional third division match that resulted in 23 police being injured and 22 arrests.

The Italian government suspended all soccer matches on Feb. 2 after the death of policeman Filippo Raciti during rioting at a Serie A match between Catania and Palermo. Play was allowed to resume this weekend.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=408113&cc=4716
god damn, youd think people would be a little better about things now so soon after catania.........

pretty soon all of europe will be behind closed doors. fucking asshole ultras.

Rex

Reaction score
SempreRossoNero said:
god damn, youd think people would be a little better about things now so soon after catania.........

pretty soon all of europe will be behind closed doors. fucking asshole ultras.

Ultras everywhere has direct connection + tight related with their 'beloved' club anyway. And portray it has always to do with political thingy that potentially may lead worse scenario such as violence and so on. If the said club aren't able to dealing with their ultras, it lay finger on management are stamping guilty.

As I stated before at another preview, violence do happens.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Predictions for German Cup

Nurnberg 2 vs Hannover 1 (1)
Stuttgart 2 vs Hertha Berlin 0 (1)

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
i think bayern munich finish at the 3rd place

w.bremen win this year bundesliga
second shalcke 04

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Schalke lost. Bayern won. Sweet ! ;) Only a difference of 6 points. ;)

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
schalke in the last 3 games has wo only one point, IMO werder and bayern remain strongest conteneders for the tittle

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yea, Schalke are bottlers, not that I mind, mind you... Hopefully Bayern's resurgence won't be of the lasting kind :o I keep fingers crossed for Werder + Stuttgart :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since when's Sergiu Radu that good? :conf: Caught his assist on TV today. :eek: Vl. Munteanu scored as well. Must be the water in Cottbus. :D

Rex

Reaction score
Nice away win. Bayern are ready to set up for Madrid's 2nd leg clash. I'd say, let them straight focus to race European ticket next season instead, and CL's stage this season. :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
David said:
Since when's Sergiu Radu that good? :conf: Caught his assist on TV today. :eek: Vl. Munteanu scored as well. Must be the water in Cottbus. :D
With all the opencast lignite mining + lignite-fired power plants in the area you might have a point. Not only regarding the water but also the air ;) Though lots has changed since the old (pre-1990) days.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Rex said:
Nice away win. Bayern are ready to set up for Madrid's 2nd leg clash. I'd say, let them straight focus to race European ticket next season instead, and CL's stage this season. :)

I'd rather see them work hard at beating Real and then lose out to the Uniteds or Chelseas. I'd hate to see Madrid, Liverpool or Bayern win the trophy since, assuming we don't win it, they'll be gaining on us or leaving us far behind.

Rex

Reaction score
madtherchot said:
I'd rather see them work hard at beating Real and then lose out to the Uniteds or Chelseas. I'd hate to see Madrid, Liverpool or Bayern win the trophy since, assuming we don't win it, they'll be gaining on us or leaving us far behind.

I for one rather see them perform getting better + better into the next phase, though. English clubs' domination in this year CL stage is not being by far of those my favourite seeing this trend refer to. OK, it's fine Premiership clubs are growing rapidly in terms of playing at any either European stage being prominent compared than other leagues, particulalry Heysel tragedy was being lesson-learned to turning point of picture English sides' pace recently. Just take a look for a while how English clubs are finding its ways smoothly on UEFA Cups stage as well.

So, it's fine for Bayern (particularly+except for Madrid/Liverpool) advance + being strong candidate of late to be champions alongside other European giants. Somewhere else, if Milan couldn't manage to exploit their grit + motivation to make 'lifeline' into this stage, I'd be sorry to see this happen and rather analyze what's Milan been up to.

P.S. It might be disappointing you, knowing that's why I'd cheer Bayern up outside Milan. :D

All in all, lets the drama begin. :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ I've been actually trying to make up excuses as to why English sides have dominated Europe this season. First that comes to mind is the relative unsuccessful world cup campaigns that the bulk of Arsenal, Liverpool, United and (to a lesser extent) Chelsea players had this past summer, giving them time to recuperate for the new season. This though doesn't hold much value when considering the usually dominant Spanish contingent - though Real's been out of sorts for some time now + brought in a lot of changes and Barca might have gone soft with their UCL-winning hangover coupled with their much publicized lack of adequate preparation + Eto'o's injury. Fact is, most Barca + Real players didn't make it too far either.

But truth be told, with the hugely successful story the EPL is turning out be of late, willing investors + some of the better continental European influences (we all know where the best is ;) ) are finally making themselves heard. The English game isn't the same as it was last decade ... defensively, Liverpool have been epic at times + there are few who can match Arsenal for pizazz ... I for one would dread to see us come up against any of them. But then again, as much as EPL sides have improved, the rest of Europe has done the opposite (I thought Inter would be an exception, but, they never seem to dissapoint :D). With Spain seemingly conceding defeat without any massive setbacks + Serie A's need of time to recover from the scandal + WC hangovers, a repeat of the '80s English dominance beckons until a new dominant continental force reemerges.

But back on topic ... I'll surely be routing for Bayern, and as you've pointed out, they've got as good a chance as any should they continue to improve.

Last edited:

RATM

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
EPL sides are doing well because they are among the best managed clubs in Europe and it's the richest league-simple as that really.The top EPL clubs have done smart transfer business (it helps when you're wealthy + playing in the most advertised/marketed league in the world).On the other hand,the management of other European sides like Madrid have mostly been fucking up their club for the last 4 years while Milan has been doing the same for the last 2 in a half with their transfer policies.

Inter are good but their players have a fragile mentality.They need to start winning matches in order to get their confidence-this is a very jinxed side with a reputation of being so-near-yet so far.Their loss against Valencia isn't all too surprising considering that they failed to beat Bayern earilier in their European campaign(who've generally been pretty poor this season-esp at the start).I mean look at Inter and then Bayern-there's no question which side is more talented and yet Inter mostly struggled to qualify for the last 16.I think they'll perform well in Europe but they need to beat one or two good in-form teams in order to get confidence and once they do that,they will carry that new-found confidence from the Serie A to the CL.

Bayern have not been able to compete financially against other top clubs in Europe.I mean it's the combination of the two-either the top players of top clubs have faded or retired(and due to inept management or lack of money have failed to lure the current top talents).It's either the case like that of Madrid or Milan with ridiculous transfer policies or on the other hand the case is similiar to that of Bayern-a club who can't compete financially with the big guns in luring talent (if anything they're more likely to lose their top stars-with Ballack already gone and Hargreaves to be the one most likely to go next).

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lukas Podolski scores for Bayern.

FT Bayern 1 - 1 Bremen

Last edited:

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
1. Schalke 50
2. Werder 47
3. Stuttgart 46
4. Bayern 44

This is gonna be close to the end.
Im going for Werder in this fight.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Ahahaha Kahn!:D

6632166_7_1.jpg

SehaxX

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sergej Barbarez, Safet Susic, Vedad Ibisevic, Maldini, Kaka, Sheva and Weah
Bayern will win this, because they will fail in the CL agains Milan and so they will concetrate on the BundesLiga.

Bundesliga = Barbarez, Salihamidzic, Misimovic and Ibisevic....

Schedule