jeremymenez.jpg

Full Name: Jérémy Menez
Birth Date: May 7 1987
Place of Birth: Longjumeau, France
Height: 1.81 (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
Position: Winger/AM
Club Number: 94
Club: Roma

Milan to make Menez offer (from Football Italia)

Italian champions Milan could be on the verge of signing Roma enigma Jeremy Menez, according to Mediaset.

Menez may quit the Stadio Olimpico outfit this summer, three years after arriving from French outfit Monaco.

According to the story, the Rossoneri officials have already agreed personal terms with the 24-year-old attacking midfielder.

Milan, who it is said are confident of landing the player for less than €10m, will now have to reach an agreement with Roma once the club’s takeover is completed.

Meanwhile, Milan are also being linked with Barcelona left-back Maxwell by reports on Tuesday.

The Brazilian defender, represented by agent Mino Raiola who works closely with Milan, is seemingly available.

However, the latter could only arrive if fellow summer signing Taye Taiwo is handed a French passport in order to free up a non-EU spot in the squad.

Reappears Menez: Milan still thinks the French

As reported by Charles Pellegatti in its service to Studiosport, Mister X Rossoneri have a name and a surname very precise: it would be Jeremy Menez, twenty-four of the Roma playmaker. AC Milan is close to the purchase of French for an amount not exceeding ten million euro. The Via Turati club, according to the indiscretions gathered by the "milanologo" for excellence Sportmediaset, But waiting for the definitive settlement of the new owners Giallorossi to make a concrete offer. Be discarded, therefore, the assumptions Marek Hamsik and Paulo Henrique Ganso, with it "rejected" by the reports also tactics Serginho, who describe him as a player accustomed to receiving the ball on his feet, a feature not appreciated by the Rossoneri Allegri.

Milan at the window for Maxwell, Barcelona's Brazilian full-back. Operation is only feasible when Taiwo get the French passport. According Pellegatti, the former Nigerian Marseille, tactical plans Massimiliano Allegri, could also serve as external attack, given his poor defensive skills, with Maxwell that, in that case, space would be on defense.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan...dzLml0LTU0MjAz

Last edited by a moderator:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Joeyyyyyyyyy add the article or two linking us with him. Thanks :)

Edit: I did it for you, biatch.

Last edited:

diavoli7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Pirlo Cafu Ambrosini Nesta Gattuso Kaka Silva Pato Rivaldo Essien
he drifts out wide too much, plus his attitude and injury and scoring records are abysmal. i don't think we need him really

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Three words: we neeeeeeeed him! :D

Vecchio Ultra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Ambrosini - Boban - Savicevic - Dessailly - MVB - Costacurta - Bierhoff
Menez is probably the most underrated player in Serie A, Roma did not use him at his full potential + he often only came on as a sub, + he didn't get along with Totti & Co, Borriello for him and no additional fee =:g:+:gt:

hakim

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mexes, taiwo, paloschi, witsel(if either gattuso or flamini leaves), ganso, menez plus one of fabregas/nasri/modric as berlu's gift would be a fucking great mercato!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Menez >>>>>>>>> A.S Roma ... He was too good for them, he is meant to play for big club. :D A.S Roma are...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From what i saw this season, Menez can be very inconsistent but when it comes down to it, he can tear a defense apart (our first game vs. Roma). I wouldnt mind him but I dont think he is THE answer when it comes down to our CL aspirations

Fiero

Reaction score
I rate this guy a lot, and would love to see him here, but does he really have a place?

In our team, I see his role similar to Robinho and Cassano. Which means if he arrives, most likely Cassano will leave. Which would suck big time. Plus he's constantly bitching about lack of first team action at Roma, and here he'll most likely play second fiddle to Robinho...

Point is I'd be gutted if Cassano leaves, but if we replace him with Menez that would make up for it a bit.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see this as a big step down from all the names we've been linked with... (Cesc, Hamsik, Pastore, Ganso, Lamela)

I hate the guy's attitude too, he's whines like a little girl and walks like one too

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
He has the tools /fertygo :o

people talking about "30 apps two goals/assists, no thanks" clearly didn't watch SA this season ....he was always a threat in his early games ,but inconsistent playing time stunted his progress to perform throughout the season ..

..those who watched Roma would notice that as soon as the coach was looking for another tactical option Menez is the first player to give way irrespective of his match performance ..most cases was when Roma decided to close up shop ...(unless there was a card /injury)

examples of these situations :

Napoli Vs Roma (score at the time of subst.0-0)

46' Brighi for Menez (score at the end 2-0 :fp:)

Roma vs Cesena (0-0)

65' Taddei for Menez (0-0 :rolleyes:) Most irritating sub ever

Roma vs Bologna (2-0)

69' Simplicio for Menez (2-2 :fp:)

Brescia Vs Roma (1-0)

46' Adriano for Menez (2-1)

Lazio Vs Roma (0-0)

40' Greco for Menez (0-2)

and so on and so forth

he was always the expendable for the coach ...and considering his ability you can see why the frustration eventually took its toll ..

another thing about the "30 apps" he only played 195min more than Pato ...he has played a bit part role for the better part of his stay in the Capital ...players like him need consistent GT to produce weekly ,a confidence player if you will

up until the Milan game ...out of the possible 1350min he could have played, he played 825 sporadic minutes and only one of those was a complete game

Throughout the season: 1788 of 3420 = 52%

He has the talent to play as CAM Imo ...pace,agility,quick feet and technically capable ,he is your ideal/perfect modern day treq...no slow brainer too

Roma thought this too and tried to play him there :

I2FMa.png

Ofc he isn't totaly absolved of all blame ,but he was IMO one of their brighter players in the begining of the season .

The form that Totti and Vucinic (add to that Juan and DDR being out of sorts) were in the begining of the season was poor......the latter was replaced ,but Totti being Totti placed himself in the team irrespective of their poor results...i'd say Mexes and Menez were probably consistently playing at an acceptable level...Then you could still factor in the disruption of the takeover talks,Ranieri running out of ideas etc etc

I'm pretty confident that given the trust and gametime he could flourish

Just a lil:
allegri-wink-o.gif

+
12d1233346238-david-beckham-posterior-pinched-andrea-pirlo-clarence-seedorf-796209_biglandscape.jpg

and lastly :

39749928.png

:proud: G :lol: (just wanted to post that again)

and If the 10 mil figure turns out to be true it will be a great ...no the greatest......no the best....

just another :g: signing :cool:/cheesy ending

only thing ...he doesn't match the claims of ..."haven't played him this season"
scratch_head.gif

Last edited:

av1hs89

Passive Fanatic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Nesta, Rino, Sheva, Kaka, SuperPippo, T. Silva, Cassano
I see this as a big step down from all the names we've been linked with... (Cesc, Hamsik, Pastore, Ganso, Lamela)

I hate the guy's attitude too, he's whines like a little girl and walks like one too

the players you mentioned all cost 2 to 3 times as much as this deal...its a smart move for a quality player. The move may not even cost anything if a swap with Borri works out allowing G to continue to make moves in the market. There are very few cons to this deal.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ very good informative post Sonny.

Many tend to underrate Menez based on his numbers, but I think hes a solid player and for a good price, cant go wrong

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I don't understand the starting/substitute crosses/dots.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
strong player, but not the one we need.

signing him would mean that cassano leaves imo.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Why would Menez arrival mean that Cassano leaves? Menez plays either as a winger in 4-2-3-1 or as a CAM in 4-3-1-2. Cassano is a second striker. The player that should be worried is Robinho not Cassano

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Why would Menez arrival mean that Cassano leaves? Menez plays either as a winger in 4-2-3-1 or as a CAM in 4-3-1-2. Cassano is a second striker. The player that should be worried is Robinho not Cassano

Robinho is also a second striker. And Robinho don't have to worry. Cassano leaves way more likely, because of Euro 2012. I don't see any reason for Robinho to leave Milan (who is preferred over Cassano anyway).

strong player, but not the one we need.

signing him would mean that cassano leaves imo.

I actually would welcome a player with some serious pace. There have been games I wish we had someone like him. (Maybe Cassano will leave anyway, and that's why we are looking for someone, but I just don't know.)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Wow. Kudos for the effort in that post, Sonny.Boy.Williams. And you speak the truth.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Robinho is also a second striker. And Robinho don't have to worry. Cassano leaves way more likely, because of Euro 2012. I don't see any reason for Robinho to leave Milan (who is preferred over Cassano anyway).

dunno if cassano will leave, he won his first scudetto here

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is Menez is CAM ? No. He's more like a SS/Winger. Not what we need.

No more false CAM's. We already have plenty in Cassano, Robinho and Prince.

Menez plays well once in a while against us. But most of the games I've seen he is just another headless chicken attacker.

Menez is not the part of any puzzle that will take us to Champions League and he's too expensive to be in the bench as another rotation player.

If Cassano's leaving then it's another story. He can take over as the 4th attacker , current Cassano job.

FOLA

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think Alegri wants to play 4-2-3-1 next season....that why he bought Urby & and thinking of menez

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That won't work with Ibra as the lone CF.

Please don't post formation with Zlatan or Pato as winger or CAM to accomodate guys like Menez or even Bale in the squad.

AlexT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva, Nesta, Maldini, Fabregas, Rui Costa, SES
Is Menez is CAM ? No. He's more like a SS/Winger. Not what we need.

No more false CAM's. We already have plenty in Cassano, Robinho and Prince.

If Cassano's leaving then it's another story. He can take over as the 4th attacker , current Cassano job.

+1000000

Exactly. We need to buy a real CAM -- a CAM that isn't a reformed forward. If Menez is coming instead of Cassano, I'm okay with it, because he does seem to have a potential, but we need a real CAM with superior technical abilities in terms of passing.

Serno91

Cassanata
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From AC Milan
No thanks for Menez, if it means Cassano is going to leave!!!

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Anyone figured out yet???

Dude got blue eyes :o And according to wiki 181cm :o

If he can play as a CAM I would take him in a heartbeat.

Quality is not even questionable... I am 100% he will reach world class heights when in a world class team. Is this team Milan?
If he can accommodate to ACM position then yes if he is a "winger only" then sadly he needs to look for another team and Milan for another player.

But I love Menez... so skillful.
Yes please.

Another question that still is on the table is "Has he got Milan swag?"
menez.jpg

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Get Nasri then .. won't cost another 5-10 million more than Menez (since contract expires next year). And can actually play CAM.