Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
BPL my ass.

But in all honest i don't see UK people scared at attend to games...

Well you can see now how much rivalry, and hate to each other was/is...

Killing, killing, killing... :rolleyes:

Italy can go Crazy...

English fan are so lame compared to Italians, sorry... I've been to BPL game... Man Utd - Liverpool 2006...

And just in TV i found more Thrill in game like "Milan-Inter" or "Milan-Juventus" :cool:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
So, killing shows rivalry? It show how still behind we are.

EPL is great, but so is Serie A. They are two very different leagues and thus have different style of games. It depends on each person personal's taste...I for one watch both. It should be noted that in Serie A's worse time ..it has won 2 CLs.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Serie A is stone aged shit.. an excuse for warlike men to go rampant ... Football used to be good years ago.. degraded into shit on and off the field, financially and socailly its in a bad shape.

England has an excellent footballing environment but what they sell is not football, its athletes handling a ball,

Spain is unbalanced

Lets see whether germans can create a serie a of yesteryears in their back ground, they have the quality and finance They need time

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It's pretty similar to arguing about rock vs pop or stuff like that. Two completely different styles - Serie A is for the tactically inclined and EPL for those who like fast-paced less cerebral football.

But it's rather silly to claim that the atmosphere in England is even close to that in Italy. (Songs are only a tiny part of the picture) Which is due to more ultra-types being there in the Serie A stadiums of course, so you can condemn that or not. Personal preference.

Would rather see a mixture of both, not an expensive family show nor a slightly dangerous ultra-dominated situation. Germany probably has a better mix than either.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Germany get's the title for me today.

In the case of Attend, Stadiums and environment:

1. Germany
2. England
3. Spain
4. Italy

In case of the best teams with Histories, Biggest amount of big teams.

1. Italy
2. England
3. Spain
4. Germany

In case of the today best teams.

1. England
2. Spain
3. Italy
4. Germany

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Serie A is stone aged shit.. an excuse for warlike men to go rampant ... Football used to be good years ago.. degraded into shit on and off the field, financially and socailly its in a bad shape.

I have a different theory on it. Serie A is stone age cause of finances mostly. Today the van basten's desailley's of there time would go to epl cause of money.

Serie A teams have been forced to try to find players otherways....
be it finding a steal like players from regions less scouted, take advantage of market opportunitieS (like zlatan/robinho... or etoo/sneijder or... huntelaar :) ), or using older players with class and attempting to scheme a way to make up for there declining physical nature.

It's all tied back to money

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Are you serious? You are judging fan atmosphere in Italy based on a CL Final you watched IN the U.K? :fp::lol:

If anything, it proves how dull the U.K. actually is, especially considering almost half of the crowd who attended were from the U.K.

No it wasn't. Not at all. The fact majority were Italian. When I walked outside OT there were huge groups singing songs in Italian. Don't forget prices were nowhere near as expensive then. Good comparison from a United POV is the 99 final vs the 11 final. For the record, Italian referee Colina said that that was his best memory ever because of the noise the United fans made.

I was using it as an example that everyone is familiar with, a tactic many teams still adopt: Wolves, Wigan, Stoke, Blackburn.

As for the CL final in 03, was that not based on the fact it was such a dire, dull (as a result of both team's excellent defending) match? If not fair enough but I'm sure that must have had an effect upon it.

I've watched plenty of games this season in Serie A, and been to three (at San Siro) where the fans noise is incessant regardless of the attendance figures. Then at the very top end of the scale you have the likes of the Partenopei faithful who take 10,000 fans to Bologna and turn it into a home game, then the atmosphere in the 4-3 with Lazio was just incredible, nothing the likes of which I've seen in the Premiership.

You can argue with me about San Siro vs OT, but United's away fans are amazing. Best in the country. United have always taken huge numbers to away games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmlMcjFjI-8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m0n8LY7fFo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZskpfpuEGf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb77jvyly2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSS-DEusMys&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_qcnPPUh9g&feature=related

I'm not trying to blow United's horn here, there's plenty of teams who are similar (Nothing in Serie A can compare to Stoke - they have the best home support). Spurs and Newcastle also have an excellent away support.

United fans at San Siro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzRn1ECh2_0
And http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm9YMrK12Gg&feature=related

If you're talking about colour, then Anfield is hard to beat (sadly): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw

Liverpool fans were louder than Milan fans in both your finals. At the end of the 07 final all you could hear was YNWA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2jg9zKvGJQ&feature=related

Half time in Istanbul, 3-0 down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8CEh_TgAg4&feature=related

I feel dirty...

British football can't compete with the atmosphere OUTSIDE the stadium though. The days of 25 thousand people walking to a match at the other end of the country are long gone.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I have a different theory on it. Serie A is stone age cause of finances mostly. Today the van basten's desailley's of there time would go to epl cause of money.

Serie A teams have been forced to try to find players otherways....
be it finding a steal like players from regions less scouted, take advantage of market opportunitieS (like zlatan/robinho... or etoo/sneijder or... huntelaar :) ), or using older players with class and attempting to scheme a way to make up for there declining physical nature.

It's all tied back to money

agree but not completely

talent mehhhh
shit laws
shit administration
cheaters all around
mad bosses
and then stupid marketing strategy
Fetish for geriatric players :o he can play till he dies rule :lol: exemplifying lippis lattest team
stupid fans ... napoli fans going berserk in a train station :star:
Serie A is shit .. god if only they took Milan to another league :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
agree but not completely

talent mehhhh
shit laws
shit administration
cheaters all around
mad bosses
Fetish for geriatric players :o he can play till he dies rule :lol: exemplifying lippis lattest team

true the system of developing sucks when you compare to germany who have found how to build a higlhy competitive league without heavy spending.

unfortunately, italy hasn't because until recently they were the big spenders, so they just bought what they needed.

it comes down mostly to money. 10 years ago a kid like Sanchez would have been bought up by milan, inter or jube.

Today he's going to epl.

teams like arsenal, man utd can take gambles on big time prospect players like ronaldo, nani, nasri (all who showed themselves in smaller leagues) for fees in 16-20 euro realm.

Milan has to pull its teeth to pay that much for anyone, and when they do, they better be proven.

Now that italy doesn't have the money they need to find different ways, like german model.

Reaction score
agree but not completely

talent mehhhh
shit laws
shit administration
cheaters all around
mad bosses

Arsenal most expensive signing is only 13m, rather miniscule compared to Chelsea,ManU,Pool etc.

PL is a brillant comp for developing foreign talent, bit of a shame the local lads are overrated and appalling. "It's not as if we have an incredible group of players coming through. Whoever takes over will have a tough job." Harry Redknapp on the U21 squad. Don't understand why Harry has been lambasted in the media for making such comments, is he making it up? English football excel at mediocrity

The Serie A has the legacy and the talent to overcome all challenges and will one day reclaim the top of the throne. Clear as day the Brits are lacking emotionally, physically, and mentally. Haye and Murray are perfect recent examples of this. The Brits are great at the arts, but terrible at sports.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
nasri cost 14 mil pounds (17.8 mil euros).

Arshavin cost 16.5 mil pounds ?

Reaction score
nasri cost 14 mil pounds (17.8 mil euros).

Arshavin cost 16.5 mil pounds ?

I thought Arshavin was 12mil with add ons. Hard to believe that Arshavin is more expensive than Henry, Fabregas, Vieira,Bergkamp etc. like a transfer from bizarro world.

Consider Villa and Spurs have traditionally spent more in recent years, i think Le Arse have done a stellar job

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I thought Arshavin was 12mil with add ons. Hard to believe that Arshavin is more expensive than Henry, Fabregas, Vieira,Bergkamp etc. like a transfer from bizarro world.

Consider Villa and Spurs have traditionally spent more in recent years, i think Le Arse have done a stellar job

Different market to be fair. 12M now worth much more than now than it was15 years ago.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
Obviously. 3.5Million got you Keane 20 years back and it can get you 1/5th of Henderson now :D

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Other way around? 12M now worth much less than it was 15 years ago?

I think what ManUtd fan meant is that the market is way more inflated now. 12m 15 years back would get you someone like Kaka or Ronaldo. Now that amount wont even get you a Witsel....

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think what ManUtd fan meant is that the market is way more inflated now. 12m 15 years back would get you someone like Kaka or Ronaldo. Now that amount wont even get you a Witsel....

Yes so he did write it the wrong way around. Thats what i thought ;)

Edit : Lol @ Ac Milan for being an option to win the PL..

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
Riise signed for Fulham..

Fulham confirm the signing of former Liverpool defender John Arne Riise on a three-year deal.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
great signing for them, quality LB.

Roma are idiots.

Honestly!

Do those idiots really expect some kid who just had his first full season in La Liga last year to tear it up in Serie A?

Atleast could have kept Riise as a backup :o

And is Didac more highly rated than Jose Angel?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly!

Do those idiots really expect some kid who just had his first full season in La Liga last year to tear it up in Serie A?

who the fuck is jose angel? :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Roma's new LB and Riise's replacement. Signed from Sporting for 4m euros

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_%C3%81ngel_Vald%C3%A9s

Barcelona were after him also...

And he is backup to Didac in the Spanish U21 team...

Never seen him play, but both ways its stupid to let riise go, hes only 30 and its very hard to find a proper FB these days.

Sabatini is a good sporting director though, so angel might have the right qualities.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Never seen him play, but both ways its stupid to let riise go, hes only 30 and its very hard to find a proper FB these days.

Sabatini is a good sporting director though, so angel might have the right qualities.

I think he is more of a Luis Enrique signing...

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He's pretty good on FM, I hear. :D

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Honestly!

Angel is more highly rated than Vila, whether he actually is better than him or not in the serie A remain to be seen.

Riise was so damn awful for them, specially in the CL.

They also signed Loic Nego [20] who is a highly rated RB in France.

It will be interesting to see Enrique's back up plan should Angel flop...

Edit: Just read that they've agreed for and with Carlos Kameni as their new GK. Another import from Spain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.