Cafu Thread

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
As for me , it's alrite to have Cafu for next season. Like Oliver Kahn said " Milan players' age are just statistics . They don't count " i do believe that . As long as a player is in good form and healthy , it would rather sound stupid to not let him play due to his age when it doesn't matter :tongue:

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
WILL2K said:
As for me , it's alrite to have Cafu for next season. Like Oliver Kahn said " Milan players' age are just statistics . They don't count " i do believe that . As long as a player is in good form and healthy , it would rather sound stupid to not let him play due to his age when it doesn't matter :tongue:

Yip! As long as a player is in good form and healthy. Neither of which could apply to Cafu for large portions of the season.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
WILL2K said:
i agree with that... but let's hope for next season someone would be fightin' with him for the 1st choice slot at RB... that way we could have a ready replacement for him when he retires...

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
i think he can still do good jobs for this team.he is unlucky this year because of his many injuries.remember last year he was one of our best.speed+motivation+attack footbal...hope he recover himself as soon as possible.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Cafu earns Rossoneri reward

Brazil defender Cafu is to play on at AC Milan until at least summer 2007 after extending his contract at the San Siro.

The right-back, who turns 36 in June, has suffered from a series of injuries this campaign which has limited him to 19 appearances in Serie A and four in the UEFA Champions League. He picked up an ankle problem at the weekend but is expected to be fit for Wednesday night's trip to FC Barcelona, with Milan trailing 1-0 from the first leg. Cafu joined Milan on a free transfer from AS Roma ahead of the 2003/04 season and immediately helped his new side to win the Scudetto. He had previously spent six consecutive seasons in the Italian capital, having arrived in 1997.

©uefa.com 1998-2006. All rights reserved.

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
i'm happy that he's with us one more year...go on cafu!!!

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
I just read about it...
I dont really know if it would suit him but the desire he is showing is really admirable.
I understand him not wanting to give up though, he is always happy when he plays...

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Pupone#10 said:
I just read about it...
I dont really know if it would suit him but the desire he is showing is really admirable.
I understand him not wanting to give up though, he is always happy when he plays...
Agree, his desire is really admirable, but i think its time to think about retirement for him, i dont see him playing as a cb, at least not for us

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu playin' in the middle of the defence... hmmm... not likely unless it is Milan's ambition to set the record number of goals conceded in the Serie A... he was a winger deployed as a defender... if that doesn't indicate his defensive qualities... i don't know what should?

Last edited:

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
i agree with that... but let's hope for next season someone would be fightin' with him for the 1st choice slot at RB... that way we could have a ready replacement for him when he retires...
Agree 100%

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wow... i'm impressed with you... you really dug out some old messages...

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
wow... i'm impressed with you... you really dug out some old messages...
LOL, havent seen it :D and it remarks what i think :) so i said: yay lets quote this guy

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I don't think Cafu is a central defender. To me, he is an out right wing back and noone is better than him at that...except Paolo of course ;)

After read his comments, I feel that his legs are giving in on him. I think he can still play at the highest level on the right hand side of defense, though I recommended we sign a decent replacement to provide Cafu more rest throughout the duration of the season.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
San Paolo said:
I don't think Cafu is a central defender. To me, he is an out right wing back and noone is better than him at that...except Paolo of course ;)

After read his comments, I feel that his legs are giving in on him. I think he can still play at the highest level on the right hand side of defense, though I recommended we sign a decent replacement to provide Cafu more rest throughout the duration of the season.

cafu had a good game for brazil last night vs new zealand

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yonggoh said:
cafu had a good game for brazil last night vs new zealand
In fact for being honest in Brazil friendlies he has been runing like a 25 years old

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Cafu playin' in the middle of the defence... hmmm... not likely unless it is Milan's ambition to set the record number of goals conceded in the Serie A... he was a winger deployed as a defender... if that doesn't indicate his defensive qualities... i don't know what should?
I agree with you. Although he shows admirable desire to change a new role.. in my opinion, his defensive skill is worse than his attack skill + he is short ( Baresi is also short, but they are different ), and we know, Milan's defenders' most problem in the game is how to defend the air ball, i don't think Cafu can do this job.

When he was in Roma, his postion is a RM more than a RB.. even in Milan, because of Gattuso's teamwork, Cafu's attack time was more than defend time..

In my opinion, Ambrosini becomes a CB is much more realiable than Cafu.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
We all can say he can't make it and so can the coach, but if you search this thread you'll find an article that he has beaten the odds before;)

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
Happy birthday!

TANTI AUGURI MARCOS!
07/06/2006
MILANO - Buon compleanno a Marcos Cafu. Nato a San Paolo il 7 giugno 1970, il difensore rossonero spegne oggi 36 candeline. Tutta la redazione di Milan Channel e ACMilan.com si unisce agli auguri della società, della squadra, del mister e di tutto lo staff rossonero.

ricky

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Gattuso, MvB, Ronaldinho, Henry, Maradona
Best wishes to Marcos and many good matches in red-black shirt.

Happy birthday Cafu and keep playing well. :) :)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
I just copy + paste my post from Milan Camp ...

OMG. He really wants to drag it out like Costacurta. If you don't have the legs + lungs anymore, park your wrinkled ass centrally, stick out a leg once in a while to make em trip + hope for the ref to be lenient with the 'legend'. Fuck this :o
He's not even that strong defensively he'd be a failure in that position.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to one of the senior members of Milan's Geritol Gang. :)

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Happy Birthday Cafú!!! :) :cool: :star:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Happy bday cafu :star: