Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now?

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
I want to know more about Comandini, I know we bought him from Atalanta in 2000/2001 season; he was called the 'Italian Van Basten' he scored only two goals, ironically they were against Inter ... in the 6-0 game. But what happened after that? who did we sell him to? and why did his career fall the way it did?

Also I've heard a lot about the Ronaldo/Ayala incident ... but I want to know the whole thing ... any help?

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
^^^^ Giunti was with Besiktas from the 2nd half of the 02/03 to end of the 03/04, then he went to Chievo. And then he retired... I suppose :rolleyes:

And Umit Davala was playing at Werder Bremen, then he retired last year.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
gaizka22 said:
He's in Boca Junior, but I don't know whether he's a regular starter there. But look at the bright side: we traded him to Inter for Pirlo :D
Oh yeah, wonderful trade we made! :D. But I know he isn't with Boca anymore...he is playing in a mid table team in Argentina, but I don't know which one.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
snn said:
And Umit Davala was playing at Werder Bremen, then he retired last year.
Didn't he play for Fenerbahce in '05-06 when we faced them in the CL?

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
BMWTaylor said:
Didn't he play for Fenerbahce in '05-06 when we faced them in the CL?

He was a galatasaray player, so i doubt he would play for Fenerbahce, there's a rivalry between those teams.

And i don't remember him playing against us. :|

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
{{{sheva}}} said:
Savicevic what a fantastic player. Love him. What is Boban doing?? I thought he was playing a role as club president or something??

Nah, he went into politics some years ago, after the short spell he had at Celta Vigo.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Isn't Fabricio Collocini still at Deportivo? And wheres Jose Mari? And...how could i forget the great JDT how's he doing in Germany?

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
crazy4milan said:
Coco was suposed to be in some middle club in Serie A or a team in Serie B...or partying.

He was at Livorno last year,then he returned to Inter where they totally shut him down,he didnt even had a jersey number.
In december I know he had a unsuccessful trial with Manchester City and after that Torino signed him.I guess he has his old mentor Zaceroni to thank for that one:).He isnt playing regularly now.You know he had a huge potential shame he threw it all away....

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Edi said:
He was at Livorno last year,then he returned to Inter where they totally shut him down,he didnt even had a jersey number.
In december I know he had a unsuccessful trial with Manchester City and after that Torino signed him.I guess he has his old mentor Zaceroni to thank for that one:).He isnt playing regularly now.You know he had a huge potential shame he threw it all away....

Girls = Problems.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
what about Rivaldo,where's he at now??? Turkey? or back to Brazil.

back in 1999,when he took the golden ball,joining Milan-those were the good times.Only then at some point he started to break down.So from what i remember-his last days layed a bitter taste. :rolleyes:

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
Kuzimoto said:
what about Rivaldo,where's he at now??? Turkey? or back to Brazil.

back in 1999,when he took the golden ball,joining Milan-those were the good times.Only then at some point he started to break down.So from what i remember-his last days layed a bitter taste. :rolleyes:

Rivaldo plays for Olympiakos. I saw him rarely only when Olympiakos plays in CL.
Yes, his career only went backwards since he joined Milan. Just pitty cause he was great at Barca those days. :head:

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
gatusso warrior said:
Rivaldo plays for Olympiakos. I saw him rarely only when Olympiakos plays in CL.
Yes, his career only went backwards since he joined Milan. Just pitty cause he was great at Barca those days. :head:
We didn't need him here, same for Ronaldinho. Imagine Ronaldinho having the same future if he would come to Milan

ilgenio@serbia

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Savicevic, Inzaghi, Weah, Nesta, Henry
teis said:
We didn't need him here, same for Ronaldinho. Imagine Ronaldinho having the same future if he would come to Milan

Riva was one of the best players in those days....the main problem had been-and also is today ANCELLOTTI!!!he's 70's football couldn't fir Rivaldo in our squad...justi imagine what would have some wuality coach as foe example Hiddink done with those players...Rivaldo...Seedorf...Rui Costa...Inzaghi....Sheva... and we almost lost our CL even if had been absolutely the best squad in the UNIVERSE!!!i love riva and i still watch him today...he's unbelievable...pure talent and magic...for me...he's way better than
Ronaldinho....(of course not now i'm talking about Barca Rivaldo)...And don't forget that Riva every important played on the highest level....

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
True as it is proven that Rivaldo was not even near his best in Milan, I sometimes feel that Sheva's recovery somehow hampered his playing time. At the start of 02-03 season, he was perfect as Inzaghi's partner. Supported by Rui Costa, Milan was actually playing a christmas tree formation since Rivaldo tend to dropped to the midfield (4 creative attacking players in one team, no team ever played like that). And it worked so very well for us, I remember how we trashed Torino 6-0 and Atalanta 4-1 and lead the table comfortably and dominating the CL.

And you might remember that after Sheva recovered and played regularly, Milan lost for the first time vs Chievo and we stopped playing majestically (winning games by single goal margin). So there was an adjustment period for both Milan and especially Rivaldo. It might be either side of the coin since Sheva proved to be very decisive in winning the CL but I just can't help thinking about the effect to Rivaldo. I mean, he was lifting the WC in June 02 and 11 months later he couldn't even get a playing time in CL Final.

But look at the bright side, Rivaldo's inconsistencies forced Milan management to bring Kaka to the first team (original plan was to loan him to some club to get more playing time and get accustomed to Serie A) and he was one of the main factor (aside from Sheva) in winning 03/04 scudetto.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Good points gaizka22, but we'll never know if it was due to poor form or some Sheva-effect that costed Rivaldo his place among our first XI.

I'd also like to add that those days when the midfield was packed with creative players were the best days in this millenium, I remember many were comparing that Milan to the 'Il Grande Milan' from the 90's.

I adore Rijkaards guts while at charge at Nou Camp, he really has balls. Not many would've fielded 5 creative midfielders in the same line-up; Xavi-Deco-Iniesta-Messi-Ronaldinho ! :eek:

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
teis said:

I don't know if I'd agree with that. I don't think we need Ronaldinho or should we even try and get him (although it would be REALLY interesting to have him) but I doubt his career would be hindered if he joined Milan. Yes the Italian league is different that what it used to be but I think it would even be a good thing for him because he would no longer have such a powerful attacking force such as Barcelona's to rely on.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
MaldiniISgod said:
I don't know if I'd agree with that. I don't think we need Ronaldinho or should we even try and get him (although it would be REALLY interesting to have him) but I doubt his career would be hindered if he joined Milan. Yes the Italian league is different that what it used to be but I think it would even be a good thing for him because he would no longer have such a powerful attacking force such as Barcelona's to rely on.
I bet everyone thought the same when Rivaldo came

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Velez Mostar said:
Good points gaizka22, but we'll never know if it was due to poor form or some Sheva-effect that costed Rivaldo his place among our first XI.

I think he lost his starting place due to his poor form rather then Sheva's come back.The only game I saw Rivaldo star was the derby against Inter and after that he disappeared.
Pippo was banging in goals like crazy that season,Rui was having a great season and at the end Sheva caught his rytham.So Rivaldo found himself on the bench.Rui-Pippo-Sheva worked better then Rivaldo-Sheva-Pippo or Rui-Rivaldo-Pippo.We won the CL that season and Rivaldo didnt make any contribution at all so benching him was a right call if you ask me:)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
radioactivenerd said:
Rui moved to Benfica... he was one of the most elegant and beautiful players to watch.

I agree completely.
MISSED HIM SO MUCH!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
BMWTaylor said:
I wonder what Roque Junior's doing now. ;)

Now, that's is one ex Milan player that I absolutely don't give a sh** about :- )

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
I read in some Indonesian newspaper that Danielle Massaro has been appointed as one of the member for Milan Public Relations team. Anybody can confirmed this?

Massaro is such a loyal servant to Milan :proud:

Ilgenio

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Gattuso, Ancelotti, Stam, Seedorf, Kaladze, Weah, Vucinic
Does anyone know whats up with Florin Raducioiu