What book are you reading now? (books)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I try to read a bit of Atlas Shrugged each night before I go to bed. But everytime I open it, I get disinterested. It's unfortunate really, I want to finish it...:head:

Last edited:

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Beckham: Both Feet on the Ground

:tongue:

Edit: I just realized that the question in the thread title and then in the post itself are different. I'm reading Beckham's autobiography now, but it's certainly not my favorite book. I'd suggest pick one question and stick to it or at least make your point(s) clearer.

Favorite books: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Fever Pitch, Harry Potter series (but of course!), Le Petit Prince, The Alchemist, The Kite Runner, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Picture of Dorian Gray...oh I really can go on for awhile.

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Political Liberalism-John Rawls, yawn fest of 350+ pages that I need to read in order to end a home test, for next Wednesday, and be highly critical about it.

College has taken out my liberty of reading books I do enjoy, but either way I'm going to recommend The Importance of Being Earnest from Oscar Wilde and anything from Edgar Allan Poe (personal favorite The Cask of Amontillado).

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
College has taken out my liberty of reading books I do enjoy, but either way I'm going to recommend The Importance of Being Earnest from Oscar Wilde and anything from Edgar Allan Poe (personal favorite The Cask of Amontillado).
Cask is my favorite by Poe too and I'll definitely check out the Wilde book. I'm so taken with Dorian Gray, but I never made to read any of his other works.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
crazy4milan said:
Political Liberalism-John Rawls, yawn fest of 350+ pages that I need to read in order to end a home test, for next Wednesday, and be highly critical about it.

Edgar Allen Poe :star: My greatgrandma was named after one of his works, Ligeia... I read it, I think it's cool :tongue:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Antonini
I happen to be reading again one of my favorite books of all time: Catch-22.

Other favorites include: Ulysses, Extravagaria by Neruda, Narcissus & Goldmund, and To Kill A Mockingbird. I saw someone had really liked Salnger's Catcher In The Rye, that is a great read, but Nince Stories is really such a great work by him that is often overlooked.

I hope to one day read, perhaps on May 24th, in great detail about a certain match in an ancient city with a favorable outcome.

FORZA MILAN!!! SEMPRE NEL CUORE!!!

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
crazy4milan said:
Very good book, funny with a surprise ending. My 12th grade English teacher loved this book, and I agreed with her. That wasn't influenced by the fact that I had a crush on her...

We watched the movie in class too, nice ass shot of Gwendolyn.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
I'm merging the thread with an already existing thread and I hope it will continue to grow.

Currently reading "Dead Man Walking" which was made into the movie of the same name (starring Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon).

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Effective Leadership by Brian Aldrain

(Management skills).

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Khaled Hosseini - The Kite Runner

What a heartbreaking book, and I've only read one third of it so far.

BTW, nice sig Orez :D It should be "The clubs' cemetery" though ;)

Last edited:

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
Sir Ian Fleming - Goldfinger

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
I am a diehard fan of paulo coelho!! :star:

i've read the alchemist in norwegian, actually spent 3 hours reading it..it was sooooo exciting that i didnt even read for my exam but had to read this. The man is a GENIUS

RIGHT NOW im reading "The Zahir" by coelho and then comes 11 minutes.
im planning on reading atleast 5 of his books before the end of July...So thought id share the fact that i've started reading books again.

btw I read "lies of silence" by Brian Moore and now i gotta write about the situation in northern ireland and my presentation is tomorrow lol..yea yea..

KYX

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Inzaghi, Dida, Seedorf, Maldini
Frederick Forsyth
Der Schakal
(in german)

Dora

Freedom Spirit
Reaction score
crazymilangirl said:
I am a diehard fan of paulo coelho!! :star:

i've read the alchemist in norwegian, actually spent 3 hours reading it..it was sooooo exciting that i didnt even read for my exam but had to read this. The man is a GENIUS

RIGHT NOW im reading "The Zahir" by coelho and then comes 11 minutes.
im planning on reading atleast 5 of his books before the end of July...So thought id share the fact that i've started reading books again.

btw I read "lies of silence" by Brian Moore and now i gotta write about the situation in northern ireland and my presentation is tomorrow lol..yea yea..

i've started reading alchemist some while ago, read about 90 pages, and stopped, that reminds me i could finish reading at...

well, currently i'm reading harry potter and the half blood prince, read two pages, and for now it's not that interesting

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^omg, I loved the alchemist but i have to admit tha "the zahir" is ALOT better but yea, i thought the alchemist was exciting and you wont ever guess the end mate...SHOCKING but logical and you know, these stories he has..its just stories but the message behind the stories is what counts.

In my current book he asks a very simple question: "what is freedom?" you know..it got me seriously thinking, what the hell is freedom? is it being a loner and walking around feeling free? what isit? in order to be a free man, you cant have family or friends?

so my answer would be: (after 5 hours of serious thinking :tongue: ) freedom is having the courage to act, having the courage to stand up for yourself &/or your family, having the courage to make your dreams come true. It doesnt matter how many people you have the responsibility for: so easily put: you have to have the guts to act :tongue: LOL
but i LOVE LOVE LOVE his books, and just get soo lost in my own world when reading them .....damn, i sound like such a geek..

Last edited:

mocha N eco

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Totti, Kaka, Essien, Gattuso, Zidane, De Rossi, Pippo, Drogba, Buffon, Cesc
Dora said:
well, currently i'm reading harry potter and the half blood prince, read two pages, and for now it's not that interesting

Harry Potter not interesting??? hmmm, is this is ur first HP, I would say u read all of them strting from the first cuz they are anything but boring. :)

Just finished 'Freakonomics' and 'Devil wears Prada'. On to 'Holy Blood and the Holy Grail'...its all a big hoax, but its an interesting read all the same.

Lory 7

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka', Nesta, L.Cana, Ronaldinho etc.
aww mate.. i read "Devil wears Prada" too.. :D i liked it a lot..
and 4 the moment im reading.."Tre metri sopra il cielo"amaizing book ;)

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
I'm OK - You're OK

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^ im ok - you're ok ? whos the author? sounds kinda interesting...lol

i think i might finish "the zahir" tonight, its 342 pages and im currently on page 250 ..
ill order "11 minuts" and "Veronika decideds to die" tomorrow :D

" I went to a train station today and leraned that the distance betwene railway tracks is always 143.5 centimetres. Why this absurd measurement? why exactly 143.5 centimetres and not 150 ?
I asked my girlfriend to find out and this is what she discovered:
when they built the first train carriages, they used the same tools as they had for biudling horse-drawn carriages. And why that distance betwene the wheels of the carriages? Because that was the width of the old roads along which the carriages had to travel. And who decided that roads should be that width? Well suddenly, we are plunged back into the distant past. It was the romans, the first great roadbuilders, who decided to make their roads that width. And why? because their war chariots were pulled by two horses, and when places side by side, the horses they used at that time took up 143.5 centimeters.
So they distance bewteen the tracks i saw today, used by our state-of-art high-speed trains, was determined by the romans! When people went to the united states and started building railways there, it didnt occur to them to change the width and it stayed that way.
Since the topic today is marriage, you might wonder what railway tracks has to do with marriage?"

from the zahir by paulo coelho

its amazing how he connects railway tracks to marriage :eek: a good book really

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Just started "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer" by Patrick Suskind. So far, so good.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
uuu... that's a great book (Perfume)... I read for my school last semester
it's really interesting how things, people and places are describe with odors... it's also interesting how the secondary characters are presented and then how they're taken out of the story

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
that book is gross i heard.

never interested me that much...

i started with wuthering heights by emily bronte 2 days ago.

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
^^^Cool. I like gross things. :D

vani_pirlo_21 said:
it's really interesting how things, people and places are describe with odors...

That's exactly what made me want to read the book, vani_pirlo. I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad there are other aspects that make the book unique. Something to do this weekend while watching Euro and pretending to work. ;)

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
Power and Prospects by Noam Chomsky

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
For those who asked, "I'm OK - You're OK" isn't a novel. As many may know, I'm not much of a book reader & I don't like reading. But, two days ago I discovered this book which I rate as "the best ever".

It's exactly what I've been needing, for me it's a must read for EVERYBODY, especially teenagers.

It's a book about psychology, on how to gain control of yourself, your relations, and your future -no matter what has happened in the past.

It's the true facts about everything related about human beings, and it really helps A LOT.

I may right a bit of things about it when I finish it, not sure.

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
crazymilangirl said:
^^ im ok - you're ok ? whos the author? sounds kinda interesting...lol

i think i might finish "the zahir" tonight, its 342 pages and im currently on page 250 ..
ill order "11 minuts" and "Veronika decideds to die" tomorrow :D

its amazing how he connects railway tracks to marriage :eek: a good book really

Paulo Coelho, I dont know what to think fo him.

I read Veronika decides to die in German, and I liked it.
The beginning may be a bit dull, but I think the book really helped me, kinda in life. It's about finding your delight for life again, after losing it. Coming out of your dull life, and "doing" things, you want. It's really good I think.

I read 11 Minutes too, 1 year ago, in English. It's astonishing how he relates the topic prostitution to philosophy. I really liked it too.

Do you think I should try the Zahir too?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
thismisery said:
Paulo Coelho, I dont know what to think fo him.

I read Veronika decides to die in German, and I liked it.
The beginning may be a bit dull, but I think the book really helped me, kinda in life. It's about finding your delight for life again, after losing it. Coming out of your dull life, and "doing" things, you want. It's really good I think.

I read 11 Minutes too, 1 year ago, in English. It's astonishing how he relates the topic prostitution to philosophy. I really liked it too.

Do you think I should try the Zahir too?
Damn, you've read all the books i want to read.

Well mate, i LOVE paulo coelho and his books..they are all awesome and has like a message behind the stories he tells. I think his books can help whoever is open minded and understands the messages..lol

well i think you should read the zahir, it is 300+ pages but imo its worth it. Its actually 3 or 4 stories connected to one big story which is a man looking for his wife...doesnt know is she is kidnapped, if she left him after 10 years of marriage or if he has been ignorant and didnt listen when she told him she'd leave..or if she is dead since she was a war correspondent..

read it, but i dont know what other poeple would think of it, especially since you dont know what to think of paulo coelho..give it a chance though

have you read the alchemist? it comes after "a pilgrimage" (i think) and in "the zahir" he keeps mentioning his other books..the main character in "the zahir" is actually himself..he says a writer can only write about his own life..so just a warning: the alchemist, the pilgrimage and his other books are mentioned in "the zahir" but overall..its a good book and i cant remember last time i read a book i liked this much

farouk: fanx mate, i was the only one wondering LOL sounded like a teenage book...i never liked those but if i ever see it, i might give it a chancec